Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Cilan Takes Flight (728)

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I love Iris's expression every time Cilan goes into one of his "sparkle" moments.
    Lol she has the best face falts ever.

Skyla facepalmed I think.

Swanna uses Gust, or I think Hurricane.

Stunfisk uses spinning Scald.

Swanna has Aqua Ring.

Stunfisk loses to Swanna's Brave Bird.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Stunfisk is defeated. Cilan loses. and has the best O.O face.

Haha Dent face was awesome just now.

Damn Stunfisk didn't get a win .

Ash challenges Skyla to a battle.

Ash brings his Pokemon out, but they don't show the Pokemon though, I don't think.

Wait, I think he brought out 3.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Ash apparently seems to be able to get through to her where no one else could.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Why didn't Cilan make Pansage use Rock Tomb.

OMG OMG OMG OM DEnto...sounds like Tamaki...and because of that awesomeness Keyhole freaked out on me so I couldn't see the last couple scenes/ BUT MAN I thought he was going to go into a corner and grow mushrooms. I'm definitely re-watching this episode. Tbh the battle wasn't all that great, but I was happy Iris's "What a pain" came back haha and OVERDRAMATIC!RAGE!SULKY! (can I just say Tamaki x Light! Dento xDDD) was nice and refreshing.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Getting real sick of Crustle's Bull****, it was utter crap that it was the only one who got any wins. 2 for that matter.

I honestly hate the episode because of this. I'm sick of how Crustle is treated like some awesome super powered Pokemon. And yet to balance it out, Stunfisk has to be the pathetic weakling on Cilan's team.

Not impressed, nor happy.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Getting real sick of Crustle's Bull****, it was utter crap that it was the only one who got any wins. 2 for that matter.

I honestly hate the episode because of this. I'm sick of how Crustle is treated like some awesome super powered Pokemon. And yet to balance it out, Stunfisk has to be the pathetic weakling on Cilan's team.

I'm going to stick with my "prediction" that even though they will always make Stunfisk look strong, they will always make the poor thing loose due to his trollfishness.

With that in mind, yes I agree Crustle beating two was the only thing I didn't like in the episode, it didn't make me not enjoy it but it definetly annoyed me a little.

Good episode though.

Hey hey, just because Stunfisk lost doesn't mean he was a weakling. Did you see that move he pulled off? It was REALLY GOOD. I thought Dento was going to win for a second there...

I was upset with Pansage's quick loss though honestly. It just felt TOO quick. If they didn't waste time with those air battles in the beginning maybe they could've fit it :P

Actually what kind of ticked me off the most was they kind of took Skyla's side with the music >.> really?
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 23rd February 2012 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Hey hey, just because Stunfisk lost doesn't mean he was a weakling. Did you see that move he pulled off? It was REALLY GOOD. I thought Dento was going to win for a second there...

I was upset with Pansage's quick loss though honestly. It just felt TOO quick. If they didn't waste time with those air battles in the beginning maybe they could've fit it :P
    Crustle has never really lost, unless you want to count taking out 2 Pokemon before finally losing, as a loss.

While Stunfisk has never won a battle.

Granted I guess Crustle has been in more battles, still bullcrap, no matter how you want to justify it.

And LOL at Cilan for telling Stunfisk to use a ground type move on a flying type.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

And LOL at Cilan for telling Stunfisk to use a ground type move on a flying type.
    I was thinking he was doing that to try and mix Swanna up so he could hit it with Thundershock again.

Crustle's two wins didn't bother me much, he still lost and I felt bad for him. ;-; He's such a LOYAL HERMIT CRAB!!! Like a puppy dog.

Crustle has never really lost, unless you want to count taking out 2 Pokemon before finally losing, as a loss.

Granted I guess Crustle has been in more battles, still bullcrap, no matter how you want to justify it.

Ash's battling nous must have rubbed off on Cilan! XD Defs something pulled from Ash ahaha.
    {Insert signature here}

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Mile is Skyla's grandfather and is against her methods too. He was the former Mistralton Gym Leader. As some people had speculated, Skyla gave up on battles when she became so busy that she had no time to fly any more.
    So this entire episode had its crux in the premise that the horrible, dumb female character dared to have a something she liked doing more than what she was expected to, and all the male characters need to teach her why that's bad. In other words, she actually is being shamed for leaving the proverbial kitchen, in this case the Gym.

Damn, I know Japan isn't exactly the best country for positive depictions of both genders, but this episode is absolutely vile.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Crustle still lost, get over it.

Good battle, it's a shame Pansage lost so quickly and Stunfisk lost, but I'm glad Cilan lost.

Now his wins and losses are even.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    So this entire episode had its crux in the premise that the horrible, dumb female character dared to have a something she liked doing more than what she was expected to, and all the male characters need to teach her why that's bad. In other words, she actually is being shamed for leaving the proverbial kitchen, in this case the Gym.

Damn, I know Japan isn't exactly the best country for positive depictions of both genders, but this episode is absolutely vile.
    You do realize no one forced Skyla to be a gym leader.

No one in the entire series is forced to be a gym leader. If Skyla didn't want to run her gym like the League wants her to, all she had to do was step down and let someone else take over. It's pretty clear she doesn't give a crap about being a gym leader.

After all look at Brock, he's no longer the Pewter City Gym Leader, and his brother, and what is Brock doing? He's doing what he wants.

Stop making this about some sexist thing, because its not. It would make no difference if it was Skyla, or some male character, Cilan and Ash would still be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Crustle still lost, get over it.
    Please don't ever argue or talk to me unless you have a point.

Why do you take that conclusion from it? it could have been done with a guy, the exact same way.

There is no machism there, nothing against women, its a PERSON(doesn't matter male or female) not doing her job and people calling that person out on it.

I guess on top of being a Dent hater you are a Skyla lover? I really don't get how you reach those conclusions.

I can see Great Butler's point about it being a sexist depiction of the proverbial kitchen, but there is a point in that being a Gym Leader is a voluntary position. Skyla has no obligation to be the Gym Leader if she does not desire to be one. At the very least we will get another episode with her in it so it should be expanded upon.
    {Insert signature here}

No, you're right. She was doing the right thing.

Forget the fact it's called a gym battle for a reason and that you are actually meant to battle, not guess the outcome.

Yep, Skyla was right all along.

>.>

So was Tranquil here or was the user lying??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    So was Tranquil here or was the user lying??
    I'd say it technically was, but we never see it. Ash sent out Pokemon, but from what I can tell, we never see them.

So technically yes, if the Pokemon Ash battles against Skyla, is the same Pokemon he sent out. Tranquill can be argued to be in the episode.

We may have to wait until the next episode to find out for sure. Since the Pokemon looked tiny as heck, and Krokorok isn't tinier than Ash's waist.

But again, I can't say for sure. Keyhole crapped out at the potential moment I/we could've seen the Pokemon.

I think they weren't shown at all, my Keyhole was good and we didn't get to see it, they did it on purpose, even though TV Tokyo spoils us with the preview right away XD.

Poor writers trying to build suspense for nothing.

Big surprise I'm being attacked. After all, this fandom was willing to discard the entire concept of type advange to justify Pikachu somehow beating Excadrill.

If Skyla didn't want to run her gym like the League wants her to
    I'll stop you right there. Prove to me that any stated rule was explicitly broken here. She still met challengers and gave them a chance at a badge, which is a lot more than Clay, who was regularly completely absent and derelict in his duties, did.

After all look at Brock, he's no longer the Pewter City Gym Leader, and his brother, and what is Brock doing? He's doing what he wants.
    Brock was forced to resign when an actual League rule - the registered Gym Leader being absent and an unregistered replacement being used - was broken. Nowhere is it said that simulations are illegal.

Again I'll ask - where were you when Clay completely abandonded his Gym? Could he not step down if he wanted to work in his mine, using your logic?

Stop making this about some sexist thing, because its not. It would make no difference if it was Skyla, or some male character, Cilan and Ash would still be pissed.
    The choice of character to a degree doesn't matter, true enough. But when you have a depiction of a female character whose actions are not illegal or wrong but different being vilified by multiple male characters who make it their goal to force her to do things their way instead of doing what she pleases, yes, it is sexist.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Big surprise I'm being attacked. After all, this fandom was willing to discard the entire concept of type advange to justify Pikachu somehow beating Excadrill.
    Don't lump me into that "fandom" I never wanted Pikachu to beat Excadrill, so while I'm annoyed Iris won, I'm glad Pikachu lost.

I'll stop you right there. Prove to me that any stated rule was explicitly broken here. She still met challengers and gave them a chance at a badge, which is a lot more than
    No she didn't give them a chance. How does she know that she can beat a Leavanny, Sewaddle, and a Darumaka. Sure logic would state that Leavanny and Sewaddle would lose easily to either Unfezant or Swoobat, while Darumaka could easily lose to Swanna (though apparently to Skyla, her Unfezant was the one who beat Darumaka).

There's no logic to her simulations in her mind. She ignores most of the typings, and uses her own weird logic to justify whether she'll win or lose.

Clay, who was regularly completely absent and derelict in his duties, did.
    Unlike Fantina, at least Clay was at his gym, and merely refused to battle Ash most likely for legitimate reasons.

For one thing, the revival herbs might have been a life or death thing, or maybe just for safety, and I don't think we know why Clay didn't battle Ash the first time we meant. For all we know his loving brother died, and was on the funeral. He clearly went somewhere since Nurse Joy had to tell Ash that he returned.

I think it was just Ash coming at the wrong time, not that Clay just plain didn't want anything to do with Ash.

Brock was forced to resign when an actual League rule - the registered Gym Leader being absent and an unregistered replacement being used - was broken. Nowhere is it said that simulations are illegal.
    No he wasn't, where was that stated?

Brock stepped down to become a breeder and left Forrest in charge. And it was Flint's own fault, for not mailing the letter telling the "Gym Inspection Agency" that there was a change in gym leader and that was Forrest. It doesn't matter if in that special episode, Pewter City Gym was in real trouble, all that was a miscommunication.

But Brock wasn't forced to resign. He didn't want to be a gym leader. He initially wanted to become a breeder, but changed and wanted to become a doctor.

How was he forced to not be a gym leader? He didn't want to be a gym leader any more. There was no "Damn, I can't be a gym leader because I screwed up, wonder what I should be now."

Again I'll ask - where were you when Clay completely abandonded his Gym? Could he not step down if he wanted to work in his mine, using your logic?
    I'm not saying Skyla can't be a gym leader and a pilot at the same time. But it's unfair and would be illegal in the real world to tell a challenger that he/she can't get a badge because "Skyla" believes she'll beat the challenger just because she saw it in her simulation. That's very arrogant, and also discrimination.

That's what she did wrong, that's why she pissed Cilan and Ash off.

She didn't give challengers a chance. Because how many freaking times do we have to see people at a disadvantage turn the battle around.

The choice of character to a degree doesn't matter, true enough. But when you have a depiction of a female character whose actions are not illegal or wrong but different being vilified by multiple male characters who make it their goal to force her to do things their way instead of doing what she pleases, yes, it is sexist.
    Those actions are wrong. You're just so wound up believing that Skyla is doing the right thing, merely because you believe Cilan can't have a personality and be his own character.

From what I remember all about your hating of Cilan, just revolves around the fact that he's not Brock standing in the background, making constant redundant/obvious facts about Pokemon.

And if I remember correctly, you're also the one who defended Iris heavily in the Don Battle Tournament, claiming along the lines that "How dare the writers make Iris stronger than Ash?" Well if you did say that, well then let's use your logic "How dare the writers make Cilan a real personable character that isn't standing in the background making redundant/obvious facts about Pokemon"

See I believe the only reason why you're defending Skyla, isn't because you're siding with her and condemning the writers for being sexist, but from what I can remember, the only reason why you're siding with Skyla is because it opposes Cilan. And since you've made it clear that Cilan isn't any where near your favorite character (I don't recall you saying anything positive about Cilan), of course you'd side with Skyla.

But if that's not you, than I really apologize, but this what it looks like to me.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast