Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cilan Takes Flight (728)

So Crustle gets another two wins under its shell, while Pansage and Stunfisk take massive defeats, wow people going to be raging. Personally I am fine with it as it further cements Crustle as a total powerhouse, but it is a shame Stunfisk had to loss again, especially after yet another impressive and creative display. Oh well, at the rate Cilan gets to battle I am sure it will win one day, there's always this uncoming tournament!
    Overall not a bad episode, a good build up to next week. Was fun to see Skyla decide the outcome before it even happens and I am happy to see the choices in random stock Pokemon are constantly increasing, still to many Cottonee's and Darumaka's though.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 23rd February 2012 at 1:11 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Why in the world did Stunfisk have to lose AND Crustle get two wins!? It's getting old...

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Why in the world did Stunfisk have to lose AND Crustle get two wins!? It's getting old...
    Because Shell Smash beats all!
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

So Crustle loses, but still manages to get two wins?

... why?

You guys sure like to complain about nothing. A Rock type getting two wins against a Flying type trainer, oh noez. I do wish Stunfisk would get wins though, for the good of derpy Pokemon everywhere.

As far as gym leader incompetence goes, there's a surprisingly large amount of it through the whole of Pokemon as it is anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Big surprise I'm being attacked. After all, this fandom was willing to discard the entire concept of type advange to justify Pikachu somehow beating Excadrill.
    I guess you are talking to me since I was the one that apparently "attacked" you.

First if that is directed at me the Pikachu comment makes no sense, I said Pikachu would lose and I liked Iris winning that way.

I'm really not getting into the whole gym leader situation anymore, you're not dumb you're a smart guy or atleast I see you as a smart guy so if you want to ignore stuff on purpose, go ahead.

As for Clay well, he was actually a smart when "running" away from his jobs, he gave Satoshi a task, so he can prove himself, obviously its not his job to give him tasks, his job is to figth Satoshi but the whole situation is diferent. Satoshi and Dent weren't pissed at her just for her not doing her job but for no even battling trainers and giving away badges to the ones she though could beat her.

Clay had more important things to do(even if he shouldn't) but he didn't go around giving badges away, Clay still had his pride as a gym leader and you saw it in his figth with Satoshi, Skyla just doesn't seem to care and that is why they were pissed at her.

Again there is nothing sexist about it, it could have been a guy doing the same, I didn't see any implications of sex in the episode at all...

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    So Crustle loses, but still manages to get two wins?

... why?
    This

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    You guys sure like to complain about nothing. A Rock type getting two wins against a Flying type trainer, oh noez. I do wish Stunfisk would get wins though, for the good of derpy Pokemon everywhere.

As far as gym leader incompetence goes, there's a surprisingly large amount of it through the whole of Pokemon as it is anyway.

I have the exact same opinion, I wanted Stunfisk to get a win but Crustle getting two makes sense in terms of typing and it probably being Dent strongest pokemon rigth now.

Did it show who Ash sends out?
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Saw the pictures, looks like a nice episode to me, although I'd probably like it more if I knew word for word what they were saying.

Cilan losing isn't a shock to me, was expecting it, although I was kind of doubting it once I looked at the pictures since the battle went completely different then I thought.

Crustle got two wins here, two easy wins, and lost. Stunfisk and Pansage both lost, shame. Interesting that it seemed Stunfisk used a Ground type move on Swanna, not sure if it hit though, I always wonder how the writers would deal with Ground type moves that aren't really limited to being on the ground, Mud Bomb being one of those, I wonder if anything about it was mentioned in the episode.

The Pokemon Ash sent out wasn't shown/heard right? If so, I think that's a nice cliffhanger and build up for the next episode. I wonder why Ash only sent out one Pokemon though, assuming he sent it out because of Skyla's thing, then he should have sent two more out(Well one more since Pikachu is already out), I see this as foreshadow of the mystery Pokemon to "star" in the gym, so it's clearly Tranquill with everything we already know.

I don't like how Skyla is doing her gym, it makes it more entertaining to watch(In a show aspect), but it just doesn't seem right, I can see why Ash and Cilan weren't too happy. It seems like that old guy explained why she does it, I wonder who he is(Father/Grandfather?).

Looks enjoyable to me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

to the one who's talking about why was skyla attacked for not doing her job, and how it was sexist and all that stuff. doesn't this look familiar? Volkner did something similar to this , and what did ash do? He got mad at him for it. So no this isn't a sexist thing it's basically that ash and cilan saw that that was wrong basically for the fact that skyla was making up her own rules of who should win or lose (which is kinda worse than volkner) in an official competition. It's like someone running the olympics looking at the participants and determining who wins based on how they look.

And also I wonder why pansage didn't use rock tomb or even attempt to.
    Friends are family you choose

Cilan, ye dolt.

Would it have been too easy just to get Stunfisk to Discharge the goddamn turkey and show the pretentious bovine what type advantage means?

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Kinda disappointed.

I loved that Stunfisk got to battle, but it sucks he lost. And it sucks that Cilan lost.

That Swanna is a beast lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    Cilan, ye dolt.

Would it have been too easy just to get Stunfisk to Discharge the goddamn turkey and show the pretentious bovine what type advantage means?
    Stunfisk doesn't have Discharge I believe. It does have Thundershock and I believe it used it on Swanna(If that's the "Turkey" you're referring to, even though it's a Swan).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Do the writers hate Stunfisk and have a boner for Crustle or something? I mean I'm not usually influenced by these types of things but this is getting ridiculous, it would have been a perfect opportunity for the fisk to shine

-.- Last episode was "racist" now this episode is "sexist"...gosh I'm a girl and I felt no offense what-so-ever...It wasn't saying that about all girls, they were saying that about only Skyla, unless Volkner is disguising himself as a male I don't get the problem.

Crustle I can understand, but really the battle wasn't all that good. It felt rushed ;-; Honestly though, since Crustle did get pretty powerful with Shell Smash it doesn't surprise me he pwned twice. I feel bad for Stunny...however I do think he'll get a win in the future. So what if he didn't get one here. Not a big deal, you either enjoy the episode or you don't.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I think the sexist vibes come from the fact that the three male characters of the epiosde: Ash, Cilan, and Miles, are all morally outraged at Skyla and her way of doing things and determinned to prove her wrong. Iris, the sole other female character of the episode, has no reaction whatsoever. It may not be intentional sexism, but still....

So...Stunfisk continues it's losing streak, while Crustle gains two...hmm, I can live with that
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    I think the sexist vibes come from the fact that the three male characters of the epiosde: Ash, Cilan, and Miles, are all morally outraged at Skyla and her way of doing things and determinned to prove her wrong. Iris, the sole other female character of the episode, has no reaction whatsoever. It may not be intentional sexism, but still....

Iris probably didn't know what to take of the situation. She is not a Gym Leader (yet) and she is not a Gym Challenger.

I highly doubt that Miles would be sexist against his own grandaughter/daughter. That just isn't nice.

I would think it would be more "sexist" if there were only girls accepting gym badges in air battles and it being a more "girly" thing to do and the guys all had problem with it. That's my take anyways.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    But they don't make any SEXUAL remarks, they are saying what she is doing isn't rigth, again it could be a GUY doing the same and his gramps Satoshi and Dent re-acting, Satoshi is reacting because he is a gym challenger, Dent is reacting because he is a gym leader, I'm sure Iris isn't happy about it but for her, she probably couldn't care less, it doesn't affect her at all besides her friend probably not getting a chance to battle her.

Ofc its not intencional, it doesn't exist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post

This!

I wanted Stunfisk to get a win but he gave a good fight, Crustle is a powerhouse anyway. Getting angry because it got two wins or because the anime is supposedly sexist... talk about overreaction. and last week the anime was racist!

PS: Finally 1,000 posts! XD
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 23rd February 2012 at 4:57 PM.

^Yeah you're right. Cilan is a Gym leader and Miles used to be one.

And we all know what Ash is like. He wants to battle. Like he did with Volkner and when he wanted to battle Chili, Cress and Cilan.

Iris is probably just like; whatever.

I actually feel bad for Cilan right now...he was so determined, well, we all know now who's gonna put Skyla in her place.

Anyway, anyone find it odd that a lot of these trainers Ash comes by tend to have weaker Pokemon then him...I mean sure the was a Leavanny, Watchog, and Gothitelle somewhere in there...but maybe the spoiler team in the league won't be so bad if other trainers can't even get higher level Pokemon
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Was it revealed that Ash sent out his krokorok and tranquill in this episode?
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    He sent them out but they weren't shown, to create suspense, even though magazines and TV Tokyo spoils us rigth away with summaries and previews aka the writers tried to build suspense by not showing them but got screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I actually feel bad for Cilan right now...he was so determined, well, we all know now who's gonna put Skyla in her place.

Anyway, anyone find it odd that a lot of these trainers Ash comes by tend to have weaker Pokemon then him...I mean sure the was a Leavanny, Watchog, and Gothitelle somewhere in there...but maybe the spoiler team in the league won't be so bad if other trainers can't even get higher level Pokemon
    They are just re-using footage that is why those pokemons were there, I was like WTF? Sewaddle and Levanny? why are you using both little girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    They are just re-using footage that is why those pokemons were there, I was like WTF? Sewaddle and Levanny? why are you using both little girl?
    Even if that is true, I can't help but think that's what will be seeing in the league...and only Trip and Bianca will have the stronger Pokemon...and more then likely the guy who ends up beating Ash in the end...

Oh well, this episode got me excited to witness Ash's gym battle

Did it show who Ash sends out?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    I agree It's fine to let it's battle debut as dwebble get a win after that though -__-
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Because Shell Smash beats all!
    Don't forget X scissor my friend.

No they never actually showed them.

Anyway's I find this to be a bit basic for a kids show, the gym leader was an as* Cilan lost Crustle gains 2 more BS wins then finally losses which is still bs to me and stunfisk lost again Pansage didn't have sh*t on Swoobat though haha. But yeah a sloppy and kinda cheep episode.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast