Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RU Metagame Discussion Thread

honestly defensive omastar is a lot better than corsola. The only things corsola really has going for it over Omastar are Regenerator (which leaves it without Natural Cure) and Recover...but when your defenses are 55/85/85 it really doesn't matter. Omastar's 70/125/70, ability to lay all hazards, and special attack strong enough to actually hurt stuff make it a much better bet. Since it actually checks stuff and is useful aside from setting rocks...corsola just isn't.

but tbh neither is really good playing a defensive role. Water/Rock is really bad defensive typing in RU right now and Corsola gets beat by all the common spinners, especially with Claydol gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    honestly defensive omastar is a lot better than corsola. The only things corsola really has going for it over Omastar are Regenerator (which leaves it without Natural Cure) and Recover...but when your defenses are 55/85/85 it really doesn't matter. Omastar's 70/125/70, ability to lay all hazards, and special attack strong enough to actually hurt stuff make it a much better bet. Since it actually checks stuff and is useful aside from setting rocks...corsola just isn't.

but tbh neither is really good playing a defensive role. Water/Rock is really bad defensive typing in RU right now and Corsola gets beat by all the common spinners, especially with Claydol gone now.
    Really? Didn't know that. I'll consider Omastar.

better yet unless you really can't fit rocks anywhere on your team, you could just go for qwilfish as a defensive water. You get Spikes + TSpikes (and despite the number of grounded Poison types in the tier, TSpikes really **** up a LOT of teams) and you also get Intimidate, Thunder Wave or Taunt, and a solid check to Entei, almost all the Fighting types in the tier, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    better yet unless you really can't fit rocks anywhere on your team, you could just go for qwilfish as a defensive water. You get Spikes + TSpikes (and despite the number of grounded Poison types in the tier, TSpikes really **** up a LOT of teams) and you also get Intimidate, Thunder Wave or Taunt, and a solid check to Entei, almost all the Fighting types in the tier, etc.
    Ok. I might switch now. But Corsola is still my favorite and is usable! I think I'm gonna keep it jus to prove a point to the people that think Corsola sucks. Thx anyhow. I'll be keeping my eye out for Qwilfish.

Has anyone tried out combusken? That thing is fantastic in RU. It's very strong after a swords dance boost and can sweep w/sky uppercut and flareblitz.

Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    Has anyone tried out combusken? That thing is fantastic in RU. It's very strong after a swords dance boost and can sweep w/sky uppercut and flareblitz.
    I've seen him in OU. That thing is beast! SD Protect the 2 moves you said and a shell bell is powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    Three words: Shake. It. Up.

Also, Sandslash is even worse than Claydol. It has like no resistances and its only use other than countering done troublesome Pokemon like Aggron and Klinklang is its great skill required for being sleep fodder and death fodder. Flareon is also good right now for being one of the few hard counters to Moltres, and can also check Entei with Flash Fire although it doesn't like taking Stone Edge. I've been using Slowking and Ferroseed as my defensive core, and it fails to disappoint. It's almost like Ferrothorn and Jellicent in OU, but the weakness to Bug means that Pokemon like Scyther and Scolipede can rip through the core. Throwing on another Steel like Steelix gives you counters to almost the entire metagame. You get Stealth Rock, Spikes, and paralysis support, which can be built upon by either stall or balanced teams. Cryogonal is also by far the best spinner in the metagame now.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

I like LO hitmonchan as a rapid spinner with mach ounch, drain punch, and ice punch. But I do agree that sandslash is basically useless right know. Also,sub 3 attacks entei ****s up most of RU barring qwilfish and omastar. Which brings em to my next point, W-o-W entei, which nails all of its counters
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Potato View Post
    I like LO hitmonchan as a rapid spinner with mach ounch, drain punch, and ice punch.
    I actually use a set like that! Except Drain is Fake Out. I Should change that...

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...inting-Victory
    URL to my RMT which utilizes it also coming to the topic of... every hazrad user is **** in RU except for smeargle and qwilfish. Agreed? Ok steelix can do rocks but I guess a new question:

What Pokémon utilize which hazards effectively in the RU tier?

to me, it is HO with smeargle for spikes and rocks, qwilfish to wall stuff and set up all kinds of spikes, and steelix to set up rocks while being good in general as a wall. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Potato View Post
    What Pokémon utilize which hazards effectively in the RU tier?
    Armaldo can SR, spin, and be an offensive presence with its awesome dual STAB.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    i spent 10 hours REing for a shiny metagross and now its an event

Smeargle is one of my favorite but Qwilfish is very good aswell. It has nice resistances and can take hits nicely.

GodDamnZilla

So, after my venture into OU with my Intimivolt-Turn team, I've finally decided that it was time to step into the RU tier as well.

I'm about to build my team, but I really don't know what's being used, what Pokemon I should try to commonly counter, etc. I can blindly build my team, slapping together a few RU and NU Pokemon to see what'll happen, or I can try to see what you guys'll say. I imagine it would be more intelligent to listen to those who actually have knowledge on the tier than to just wing it.

So what do you say guys? Mind filling me in on the RU tier? I think I want to build my team around Feraligatr, since Gator was my first Pokemon ever.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I love RU. So much fun. Everybody join RU if you haven't. You'll never regret it.

Looking for an LC Tutor! Requirements:
    - 6 month minimum experience
    - Appropriate ladder points (1250pts+)
    - PO for communication
    - Must have acceptable schedule

If you have any questions, PM/VM me.

You would think stoutland would be in here. I rarely see him online.
    My FC for Black/White is 3353-9040-1803

Quote Originally Posted by ROBO PIKA View Post
    I love RU. So much fun. Everybody join RU if you haven't. You'll never regret it.
    Can you stop spamming threads? You should actually try to make meaningful posts.
    As to Nacho, here is the list for the usage statistics for RU (and everything else). And in case you want it, here is the threat list.
    So yeah, Honchkrow is big because of its nice offensive stats and movepool, as well as Super Luck. Claydol may have been banned recently, not sure, but if not, it was definitely a great spinner/screener.
    Crawdaunt has a massive Attack stat, and with Adaptability, it destroys (especially after SD).

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

krow and claydol both moved up

also super luck never helped crow at all and moxie was always the superior ability. only reason that all sets didn't use it is due to move illegalities with it.

TR Smeargle is a tank. Supplying the TR support and crippling/KO'ing members of the opponents team. A lv. 1 Endeavor/Dragon Rage/Spore/TR is the way to go. First turn is almost only time to use it as hazards ruin it. Works nicely because of no weather starters either.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    TR Smeargle is a tank. Supplying the TR support and crippling/KO'ing members of the opponents team. A lv. 1 Endeavor/Dragon Rage/Spore/TR is the way to go. First turn is almost only time to use it as hazards ruin it. Works nicely because of no weather starters either.
    Smeargle, a tank? A tank is supposed to take hits like a boss. Thats not what a Smeargle is capable of doing.

Looking for an LC Tutor! Requirements:
    - 6 month minimum experience
    - Appropriate ladder points (1250pts+)
    - PO for communication
    - Must have acceptable schedule

If you have any questions, PM/VM me.

If you are being serious you are a dumb*** . Clearly that is not what was implied, "tank" was being used as a description of its awesomeness.

GodDamnZilla

If you are being serious you are a dumb*** . Clearly that is not what was implied, "tank" was being used as a description of its awesomeness.
    When people think of a tank, they usually think of the term "tank" defined here, the same meaning used by the competitive community as a whole. There are a lot of other terms you could have used if you just meant "awesome."

Yes, I know the competive term of "tank" but no one in their right mind should think of a lv. 1 Smeargle as a "tank" in that sense. >_>

GodDamnZilla

Yes, I know the competive term of "tank" but no one in their right mind should think of a lv. 1 Smeargle as a "tank" in that sense. >_>
    Okay, but don't call someone a "dumb***" when they misunderstand what you say. That's like saying you have a dog at your house, and then when someone asks what breed it is, you reply, "No moron, I mean I have an ugly and hairy older brother." Sure you could mean "dog" in that sense, but most people assume you mean the actual animal unless you make it clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Can you stop spamming threads? You should actually try to make meaningful posts.
    As to Nacho, here is the list for the usage statistics for RU (and everything else). And in case you want it, here is the threat list.
    So yeah, Honchkrow is big because of its nice offensive stats and movepool, as well as Super Luck. Claydol may have been banned recently, not sure, but if not, it was definitely a great spinner/screener.
    Crawdaunt has a massive Attack stat, and with Adaptability, it destroys (especially after SD).
    Thanks so much! This was really helpful! I'm excited to test out the RU Tier. (:

Anyways, I'm going to test out my team before making an RMT on it, but just to see what other players of the RU Tier say, I've currently got lined up Feraligatr/Manectric/Scolipede/Golurk/Clefable/Druddigon. Basic thoughts?

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    Thanks so much! This was really helpful! I'm excited to test out the RU Tier. (:

Anyways, I'm going to test out my team before making an RMT on it, but just to see what other players of the RU Tier say, I've currently got lined up Feraligatr/Manectric/Scolipede/Golurk/Clefable/Druddigon. Basic thoughts?
    Clefable... Are you using it as a cleric?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast