Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baton Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Definitely a decent gimmick, but running it is actually hard. Considering its terrible defenses, it's going to be killed off pretty easily, especially Stealth Rock. I feel this would become slightly more usable once Keldeo comes out, as Secret Sword allows it to forgo a Physical move and has great coverage.
    65/55/75 isn't terrible considering it can put all its EVs into defenses. Easily enough to set up on Tentacruel or something.

Quote Originally Posted by KellsterCartier View Post
    DW Volbeat has Prankster. Which means that, with a focus sash, it can pass a Tail Glow (+3 Special Attack).
    WITH rapid spin support. which can be blocked with a ghost. DENIED.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    i spent 10 hours REing for a shiny metagross and now its an event

Volbeat is like Ninjask, it's useless anywhere but in the lead, where it can be effective but is easily killed off by priority, taunted or phazed
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

I like running Work Up + Baton Pass on my Umbreon. She can take the hits, and can set up any kind of sweeper I need. Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    65/55/75 isn't terrible considering it can put all its EVs into defenses. Easily enough to set up on Tentacruel or something.
    True. One thing I can't really fathom is its HP, which means it's gonna be passing really sh!t Subs to everything bar Rotom and Gengar.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Smeargle is probably the best Baton Passer out there. I use one and it works 90% of the time (only ruined if their lead has priority or is Ttar/Lum Dragonite).

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Spore
    - Shell Smash
    - Baton Pass
    - Magic Coat / Confuse Ray

The trick is to Shell Smash first. You have a sash to fall back on so it should be alright. After you Shell Smash, you can outspeed most Pokémon and can use Spore. If they decide to switch out to a priority Pokémon, the switch in will get Spore'd. You can then Baton Pass safely knowing that you have an extra turn to do whatever you want (since you already set up Shell Smash). Magic Coat reflects status moves like Stealth Rocks, Spikes, and Taunts which is awesome. But Confuse Ray may work too and could sometimes help you get away will Shell Smash/Baton Pass if you're lucky enough.

Gorebyss with Swift Swim is good as long as it's raining and it's holding a White Herb
    Aqua Ring
    Shell Smash
    Baton Pass
    Rain Dance

PIMPNITE and Haydunn on Youtube have some sweeps with one Pokemon and a whole bunch of Baton Passers, so check them out.

I'd have to say the best baton pass lead is Ninjask.

252 HP/252 Speed
    Leftovers
    Jolly
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    -Baton Pass
    -Swords Dance/X-Scizor

Pretty much you get the momentum going. Let's say you've got a Vaporeon, and your enemy sends out, say a crobat. There is no way that Vaporeon can outrun it, right? Afterwards, Crobat can just taunt and use super fang until it's in the KO range of Brave Bird. However, if Ninjask can use Sub/Protect to get to +6 and baton pass, Vaporeon would be able to outrun all taunt users besides Whimiscott and Sableye and baton pass to Espeon. Also, it makes sure moves like Acid Armor and Calm Mind work right before your enemy attacks, weakening their moves.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Ninjask already has speed boost, so:

Ninjask@leftovers:
    Ability: Speed Boost
    -Baton Pass
    -Double Team
    -Hone Claws
    -Harden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12