Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2

Kyurem formes are already UBERS? Didnt they get an OU test?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Kyurem formes are already UBERS? Didnt they get an OU test?
    They're obviously uber material. Just look at their attacking stats. They don't even deserve a test.

170 for crying out loud! They hit has hard almost as Doexys-A, with dragon typing, bulk, recovery, and pseudo mold breakers to back it up. Even if they were tested in OU, most good players would agree that they're uber material. The only people disagreeing would be the ones who really want to use them and are immature about it.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    They're obviously uber material. Just look at their attacking stats. They don't even deserve a test.

170 for crying out loud! They hit has hard almost as Doexys-A, with dragon typing, bulk, recovery, and pseudo mold breakers to back it up. Even if they were tested in OU, most good players would agree that they're uber material. The only people disagreeing would be the ones who really want to use them and are immature about it.
    Still weak to Mach/Bullet Punch, SR, and only base 95 speed. I think it's worth a test to keep things honest.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Still weak to Mach/Bullet Punch, SR, and only base 95 speed. I think it's worth a test to keep things honest.
    I don't think that's enough to make up for base 170 (sp.)attack.

Nothing I can think of can swap in on these things, except maybe Blissy into White Kyurem. But even then, that's only one pokemon. If you send it out on something it can beat, and they predict right(or have a substitute), at least one of your pokemon is toast. I think it should be uber for a similar reason everyone things DW Chandy should be.

Man, I'm imagining a substitute set right now. Outrage or Draco Meteor, Fusion Flare, Substitute, and Roost.

Edit: Did some calcs, looks like Jellicent and Gastro can be a problem for the set I have in mind, but if it runs D-pulse over D-Meteor, it would be fine due to Sub/Roost. It'll just turn into a Gastro or Jellicent recover VS. attack war...that'll just be a huge waste of time.

And nothing stands a chance against specs anyway.

So, to me it seems like the moveset I posted earlier is best for black Kyurem and specs is better for white...

Ooh, I like all the thinking this is making me do. At first I was just arguing with simple facts and now I'm talking about the actual metagame.

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
    Terravolt/Some att+ nature. Naughty?
    252 Att/Some in speed and bulk...to lazy to choose.
    -Substitute
    -Roost
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Fusion flare

Kyurem-W @ Choice Specs
    Turboblaze/Modest or Timid
    252 Sp.att/some in speed and bulk
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fusion Flare
    -Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse/Roost

Hey...roost on choice specs can help it get over SR if it finds a good chance.

I don't think that's enough to make up for base 170 (sp.)attack.

Nothing I can think of can swap in on these things, except maybe Blissy into White Kyurem. But even then, that's only one pokemon. If you send it out on something it can beat, and they predict right(or have a substitute), at least one of your pokemon is toast. I think it should be uber for a similar reason everyone things DW Chandy should be.

Man, I'm imagining a substitute set right now. Outrage or Draco Meteor, Fusion Flare, Substitute, and Roost.

Edit: Did some calcs, looks like Jellicent and Gastro can be a problem for the set I have in mind, but if it runs D-pulse over D-Meteor, it would be fine due to Sub/Roost. It'll just turn into a Gastro or Jellicent recover VS. attack war...that'll just be a huge waste of time.

And nothing stands a chance against specs anyway.

So, to me it seems like the moveset I posted earlier is best for black Kyurem and specs is better for white...

Ooh, I like all the thinking this is making me do. At first I was just arguing with simple facts and now I'm talking about the actual metagame.

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
    Terravolt/Some att+ nature. Naughty?
    252 Att/Some in speed and bulk...to lazy to choose.
    -Substitute
    -Roost
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Fusion flare

Kyurem-W @ Choice Specs
    Turboblaze/Modest or Timid
    252 Sp.att/some in speed and bulk
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fusion Flare

Hey...roost on choice specs can help it get over SR if it finds a good chance.
    Eh. It would be locked into Roost and forced to switch out, and when it comes back in, it takes SR damage, which defeats the whole purpose.
    IMO, you're better off running Toxic to nail Multiscale Lugia. It's definitely going to see a spike in usage, and Toxic is pretty much going to be the only way you get around Roost abuse.

As for Kyurem-B, 40 HP/252 Att/216 Spe at Timid is good enough to outspeed all positive-natured Base 90 Pokemon and some other stuff.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Who thinks Ditto can handle these behemoths?

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Who thinks Ditto can handle these behemoths?
    possibly if it switches in on bad prediction :/

any news on excadrill and garchomp testing updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Eh. It would be locked into Roost and forced to switch out, and when it comes back in, it takes SR damage, which defeats the whole purpose.
    IMO, you're better off running Toxic to nail Multiscale Lugia. It's definitely going to see a spike in usage, and Toxic is pretty much going to be the only way you get around Roost abuse.

As for Kyurem-B, 40 HP/252 Att/216 Spe at Timid is good enough to outspeed all positive-natured Base 90 Pokemon and some other stuff.
    I was making sets that'd wreck OU, actually. Lugia doesn't matter.

And the point of roost was because it healed 50% HP, while SR did 25%, so if it got it up twice...eh, whatever. It was just a filler idea.
    possibly if it switches in on bad prediction :/
    Ditto hardly swaps in on anything anyway. It's a check for a good chunk of the metagame, not a counter. You'll rarely ever find it swapping in on an attack. It can handle them, just not counter them.

With Regenerator, Ho-oh would be better off with and with Roost yes?

Choice band scizor do between 357 and 420 to 252 atk/ 252 def adamant/jolly black kyurem , and even more to white kyurem with bullet punch. I think it deserves an OU test.

Choice band scizor do between 357 and 420 to 252 atk/ 252 def adamant/jolly black kyurem , and even more to white kyurem with bullet punch. I think it deserves an OU test.
    Scizor can revenge kill it but switching into Kyurem-W will be roasted if it uses Fusion Flare.

I was making sets that'd wreck OU, actually. Lugia doesn't matter.

And the point of roost was because it healed 50% HP, while SR did 25%, so if it got it up twice...eh, whatever. It was just a filler idea.Ditto hardly swaps in on anything anyway. It's a check for a good chunk of the metagame, not a counter. You'll rarely ever find it swapping in on an attack. It can handle them, just not counter them.
    @ditto: my ideas were to switch in off a slow u-turn/volt switch, or sac. you know, standard get in a sweeper unharmed? anyway, it can be a good check. if it can win the speed tie, i think it can wreck kyurem-w/b with outrage/draco meteor, respectively.

again: any news on garchomp/excadrill? i heard blaziken wasnt going back at all. :/

I don't think one pokemon is a good enough reason.

Unless you expect everyone to have that one pokemon on their team?

If you think it deserves a test, try and provide a better argument. Like, a specific reason it deserves a test, such as a somewhat-large list of checks for it.

Scizor has a very high usage. Latios is faster then it , and now he has soul dew
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=951

Mienshao outspeeds and hi jump kick it , and its ko( between 393 and 462 damage) with life orb
    haxorus and salamence are faster and can Ko it
    Ditto can check it
    terrakion can check it
    Virizion can ko it with close combat after SR
    Aerodactyl can Ko it after SR
    LO adamant landorus-I can outspeed and KO it

the problem with all those so called "counters": how you going to switch-in safely?

lets play Pokemon Arena for a second: my set, made on the spot, dont laugh:

kyurem-w @leftovers
    modest
    252 hp/ 252 SpA
    - draco meteor
    - fusion flare
    - substitute
    - dragon pulse/ice beam/earth power

mienshao cant switch in or be ohkod by draco meteor

scizor loses to fusion flare

haxorus, latios: same as mienshao

salamence: ice beam/blizzard

ditto: im sure it doesnt like a draco meteor to the face :/

most other occasions: i sub on the switch.

kyurem can only really not ohko/2hko blissey. SpD heatran is 3hkod too. but with earth power.....

see my point? to quote BH, "has to win 70% of the time to be considered a counter"

(i think those were the guidelines XD)

Kyurem's new formes are so dangerous, it like Terrakion but in Uber.

O sh!t Soul Dew lolol?

To be honest, Smogon's going to call a Soul Dew ban like last Gen.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

of course it is. latios is an amazing wallbreaker now with specs/life orb. soul dew is so broken. it doubles their stats, no drawback.

on a side note: 10 points to someone who can utilize an effective truant durant.

Soul Dew was already banned. No clue why people are making such a big deal out of it for OU... now Ubers, maybe. It was allowed in DW Ubers, but not in Wi-Fi Ubers. I dunno if it'll be banned, but I'm thinking that it will be.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Soul Dew is banned from the PWT, so it is probably banned everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    of course it is. latios is an amazing wallbreaker now with specs/life orb. soul dew is so broken. it doubles their stats, no drawback.

on a side note: 10 points to someone who can utilize an effective truant durant.
    I once run a joke DW team it have entretainment durant with truant
    and ST chandelure if you don't switch you are doomed :3 I have an idea baton pass mean look to durant hten entretainment then switch to dugtrio or chandelure, boost all stats- sweep
    truant-durant lol now I get it why he got the ability (although ants are NOT lazy)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I once run a joke DW team it have entretainment durant with truant
    and ST chandelure if you don't switch you are doomed :3 I have an idea baton pass mean look to durant hten entretainment then switch to dugtrio or chandelure, boost all stats- sweep
    truant-durant lol now I get it why he got the ability (although ants are NOT lazy)
    This definitely gives Durant a niche over Scizor. Superpower Durant to UU?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920