Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2

the new forms look so damn cool.. can't wait to get my hands on both games

Quote Originally Posted by pkmner View Post
    Finally we'll have Fire Punch Iron Fist Infernape. Possible second starter to ubers? Plus a possibility of 5th gen DW Pokemon
    Nah, definitely not Ubers. Iron Fist is a decent boost and all, but it's not massive, and it's not like Close Combat or Flare Blitz are effected by it.

Mach punch would hop from 40 power to 48. Good priority move, with STAB it's going to be 74 power, but it's not exactly as wrecking as Scizor's bullet punch. Fire Punch would only get a boost of 15 power, making it 90 base power. Still weaker then Flare Blitz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    abomasnow evo!!
    You know, it's a little early to start an entire new gen.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I'm definately getting this when it comes out it America. Awesome!
    Friend Codes
    Platinum - 4298 7995 2371 <-- New Platinum FC
    White - 3654 5105 3781

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Yeah most likely Move Tutors, bringing back some of the older TM's in this new form, Like Giga Drain, Avalanche, Dark Pulse & Dragon Pulse. Also hopefully some older Tutor moves like Heal Bell.

Other stuff I speculate will be...
    - Snarl made as an accessible TM
    - Old starters (most likely 3rd gen), made available in-game.
    - Gym Battle re-challenges (helps training)
    - Zoroark made catchable in-game
    - Possible Dream World revamp, maybe a way of catching them in-game? But rare. Also and hopefully female versions of the starters! Speed Boost Blazikern!!!
    let's not forget the pokemon sprite following you in the overworld. I so loved it.

I wonder if there will be new sprites/animations

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Remember guys, stats alone probably won't make Kyurem Uber. Kyushiram is either getting Fire/Dragon or Fire/Ice, both of which are bad defensively. Kyuzekrom is most likely getting either Electric/Ice or Electric/Dragon. I can't imagine Kyurem losing either of it's typing either, for in game purposes. I can't imagine a non-Dragon cover pokemon, albeit we had Kyogre and Groudon.
    Yeah, I gotta admit, the likely typings would be pretty cruddy. Hopefully new items, their abilities, and high possibility of move tutors in the games would at least help Kyurem get a little higher in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Nah, definitely not Ubers. Iron Fist is a decent boost and all, but it's not massive, and it's not like Close Combat or Flare Blitz are effected by it.

Mach punch would hop from 40 power to 48. Good priority move, with STAB it's going to be 74 power, but it's not exactly as wrecking as Scizor's bullet punch. Fire Punch would only get a boost of 15 power, making it 90 base power. Still weaker then Flare Blitz.
    Sun Boosted Fire Punch. gg world

Quote Originally Posted by pkmner View Post
    Sun Boosted Fire Punch. gg world
    Flare Blitz would still be stronger in Sun.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Everyone seems certain that B/W Kyurem is going to have a type change. The Dragon typing seems fairly important overall since all three dragons were originally one and share said type, and Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are both Ice type moves anyway. So, isn't it just as possible that both of them will keep the Dragon and Ice typing?

Gen6 gives you 4 types, kyurem white/black will be ice fire electric dragon type!

hey I'm new here and was just thinking, what if were looking at the first triple type pokemon? How cool would it be to have a Dragon/Fire/Ice type and a Dragon/Electric/Ice type....it would kinda make sense based on the appearance of the two forms and the fact that Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom all used to be one pokemon.....

For the new Kyurem forms, their effectivity in OU really depends on how it's typing will be affected, if it gets an ability change, what moves become available to it, and (if tutors are instated) how those move tutors will affect Kyurem's usability. It's too soon to speculate, as none of these aspects are currently known. I suspect however, that Kyurem will become OU because of these forms, allowing it to be used outside of hail if its typing does change.

Tutor-wise, we could see some Pokemon jump tiers, as we normally do. If Haxorus gets Fire Punch, it may get the boot up to Ubers just because of how easily it'd be able to bust up the metagame.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke11 View Post
    hey I'm new here and was just thinking, what if were looking at the first triple type pokemon? How cool would it be to have a Dragon/Fire/Ice type and a Dragon/Electric/Ice type....it would kinda make sense based on the appearance of the two forms and the fact that Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom all used to be one pokemon.....
    bitxh I just said that *****

I think the new forms will be alright and might find themselves a niche depending on their typing and stat distribution. As far as the idea of move tutors goes it will be explosive. A lot of old threats gaining back the ability to use their great coverage moves and combine them with their new and often better abilities. Consider Dragonite getting superpower back, a mixed set with multiscale would absolutely wreck everything.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrigon View Post
    Yeah, I gotta admit, the likely typings would be pretty cruddy. Hopefully new items, their abilities, and high possibility of move tutors in the games would at least help Kyurem get a little higher in battle.
    Actually, the likely typings are great.

Zekrom is a Dragon type. Reshiram is a Dragon type. Kyurem is a Dragon type. Why the heck would a mix of two of them not be Dragon type?

Anyway, either it's going to keep it's halfway decent offensive typing, or it's going to get Dragon/Fire or Dragon/Electric typing.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Actually, the likely typings are great.

Zekrom is a Dragon type. Reshiram is a Dragon type. Kyurem is a Dragon type. Why the heck would a mix of two of them not be Dragon type?

Anyway, either it's going to keep it's halfway decent offensive typing, or it's going to get Dragon/Fire or Dragon/Electric typing.
    Now that I've looked it up, Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric would each have 4 weaknesses, but it still wouldn't be a really great typing. Also, it's kind of hard to predict the typings anyway, so we'll just have to wait for the news.

The latter makes zero sense, the forms new signature moves would lose their STAB.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteKoriyu View Post
    Everyone seems certain that B/W Kyurem is going to have a type change. The Dragon typing seems fairly important overall since all three dragons were originally one and share said type, and Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are both Ice type moves anyway. So, isn't it just as possible that both of them will keep the Dragon and Ice typing?

maybe there won't be any pokčmon, maybe we'll train REAL ANIMALS

Quote Originally Posted by indifference View Post
    maybe there won't be any pokčmon, maybe we'll train REAL ANIMALS
    This just makes no sense.

Regarding Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, just because Freeze/Ice is in its name doesn't mean they're to be Ice-Type attacks. They could become Electric and Fire with a Freeze and/or Paralysis/Burn chance. Unless they have been confirmed type-wise.

Just out of curiosity, but which of the two new Kyurem forms will (might) be better than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemazter3001 View Post
    Regarding Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, just because Freeze/Ice is in its name doesn't mean they're to be Ice-Type attacks. They could become Electric and Fire with a Freeze and/or Paralysis/Burn chance. Unless they have been confirmed type-wise.
    Their types were confirmed the moment we learned about their existence, because people were hacking into the games and extracting the data shortly after their release. They ARE Ice type moves:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Freeze_Shock
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ice_Burn

Combined legendaries means one thing... Super Uber!

Dude. I am so amped for this new game to come!

I will admit though, I'm not so sure about the new forms. Reshirem seems pretty cool. Zekrem.... not so much in my honest opinion.
    But the possibility of Move Tutors (Outside of Starter/Pledge) being around? We all want it to happen, both casuals and competitives. I mean, it'd help imensly for both sides if MT's made a worthwhile comeback. Especially if they taught moves like Dragon Pulse, the Elem-Punches,ETC.

As far as plot goes, I hope its some sort of continuation. I'm thinking that they might change the Main Character's appearance. Like they did in Emerald. Plus you can change it depending on the Season/Location. Similar to D/P/PT. I'm seriously hoping the Pokemon follow comes back too. I miss that feature.
    A trainer who wanders the world. Maybe one day we'll have a chance encounter, be it a simple run in on the streets or out in the wild. Once you've met someone, you never truly forget them.

Credits: Extroph for the userbar. You rock dude. <3

Lettuce is officially my mortal enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteKoriyu View Post
    Their types were confirmed the moment we learned about their existence, because people were hacking into the games and extracting the data shortly after their release. They ARE Ice type moves:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Freeze_Shock
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ice_Burn
    Alrighty. Well, then having the Kyurem forms drop their Ice-Typing just seems redundant then. I figure they'll stay Dragon/Ice if that's the case, just gaining coverage moves like the event Victini did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Combined legendaries means one thing... Super Uber!
    Yeah.... Highly doubt that. That tier is reserved for Multiscale Lugia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemazter3001 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, but which of the two new Kyurem forms will (might) be better than the other?
    Well there's too little info at the moment to start off with, but I'm thinking that the two forms will be very similar to each other like with Reshiram and Zekrom (exclusiveness to Fire and Electric, stat distribution, etc.)

This probably WILL MAKE NO SENSE, but my bro thinks that It will lose its Ice type.
    That way it will be Electric/Fire, making it 4x weak to Ground, and 2x weak to water. Just a suggestion.
    Special thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the epic banner.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast