Thread: My all dark team;

Default My all dark team;

Wanted to do something different and do an all dark competitive team with these guys. I don't want to change them, well maybe if I could throw in Sharpedo somewhere but yeah. I chose them because they fit the Weavile theme. Oh and this isn't my first time battling competitively but this IS my first time making a thread here so I hope I do a good job on explaining.

Drapion @leftovers
    Ability: Battle Armour
    EVs: Hp:76; Attk:252; Def:72; SpDef:28; Spd:80
    Nature: Adamant (+Attk -SpAttk)
    -Cross Poison
    -Night Slash
    -Fire Fang
    -Ice Fang

*I chose this Pokemon not only for looks but for power. Ice Fang is prefect coverage against Ground types and Night Slash for Psychics. Also Fire Fang is also coverage against Bug types which are popular this gen. Cross Poison for STAB and since there's a 10% chance the opponent could be poisoned, this counts as a good defensive move.

She's been EV'ed based on the the moves that could be learned. However I'm starting to think that because she's weaker, I should have given her more defense EVs.

Houndoom @leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Evs: HP:72; Def:72; SpAttk:252; SpDef:36; Spd:76
    Nature: Modest (+SpAttk -Attk)
    -Dark Pulse
    -Flamethrower
    -Solarbeam
    -Hidden Power (Psychic = 70)

*Dark Pulse and Flamethrower for STAB. with her great SpAttk, Solarbeam could wipe out strong Rock, Water and Ground types (save for Gliglith) and is perfect coverage. Hidden power as coverage against even the stronger fighting types (except for those with sturdy).

Shiftry @leftovers
    Ability: Early Bird
    EVs: Attk: 252; SpAttk:252; Spd:4
    Nature: Hardy (wildcard nature)
    -Aerial Ace
    -Silver Wind
    -Sucker Punch
    -Seed Bomb

*Great typing and great stats, she could pretty much blow holes through any counters. Aerial Ace to counter Fighting and Bug types respectively. Sucker Punch for priority and STAB. Seed Bomb is also great STAB as well.

This Pokemon was fixed to be a mixed attacker based on the moves she could learn. Silver Wind is a great move to counter other strong dark types and grass types, tho it seems unnecessary, but this move has a 5% chance of raising all stats.

Mightyena @leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: HP: 64; Attk:252; Def:60; SpDef:52; Spd:80
    -Fire Fang
    -Sucker Punch
    -Toxic
    -Sand-Attack

*I normally don't like defense moves but Toxic to mess with counters and Sand-Attack to cause an opponent to loose accuracy, this Pokemon is actually pretty useful considering the defense EVs I gave here. She's meant to be half offensive and half defensive since my other Pokemon are all offensive.

I'm not sure if I made the right move with Fire Fang it used it because of the burn chance it has plus to fight Bug types. As usual, Sucker Punch for priority and STAB.

Honchkrow @leftovers
    Ability: Super Luck
    EVs: Attk:252; SpAttk:252; Spd:4
    Nature: Hardy (wildcard nature)
    -Brave Bird
    -Night Slash
    -Psychic
    -Superpower/HP Fire/Grass/Ground

*Pretty cool flying Pokemon with great stats to a point that she could be my sweeper. Brave Bird and Night Slash for STABs. Psychic to fend off Fighting types with Rock-type moves. I'm not sure if Superpower was needed though. I mean Honchcrow DOES have decent defenses but it's part Flying so Fighting type moves only do normal damage. So I'm thinking of HP Grass/Fire/Ground to fend off against Bug, Ice and Electric types.

Hardy nature because I made this Pokemon a mixed attacker to offset the amount of Physical Attackers I have.

Weavile @leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: Hp:48; Attk:252; Def:80; SpDef:44; Spd:84
    -Aerial Ace
    -Ice Punch
    -Night Slash
    -Dig

*My strongest Pokemon and the one the team is centered around. Dig is great against Rock, Steel and Fire type Pokemon, plus with her great Attk stat, I could pretty much poke holes through them. Night Slash and Ice Punch for STAB. And Aerial Ace to fend off against Fighting types, which this Pokemon has 4x weakness to.

The role it plays in this team is simply the leader. If the others were to faint, this one would pick up their slack, plus she has moves that could counter the other Pokemon's weaknesses. (Dig for ground weaknesses amongst the team etc)
    岩根雅明=♡

First, if you are going to have a n all dark team get a Sableye or Spiritomb on there so it gets rid of the weakness to fighting while it's still alive. Um, this team doesn't exactly look the best since you are putting special moves on Shiftry, you have weird ev's. THe ev's for something like Weaville should be 252 Atk / 252 Spe so it has max attacking power and max speed to outrun things.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    First, if you are going to have a n all dark team get a Sableye or Spiritomb on there so it gets rid of the weakness to fighting while it's still alive. Um, this team doesn't exactly look the best since you are putting special moves on Shiftry, you have weird ev's. THe ev's for something like Weaville should be 252 Atk / 252 Spe so it has max attacking power and max speed to outrun things.
    agreed
    n besides eliminating fighting weaknesses (temporarily) it eliminates all weaknesses (temporarily)
    they cud i guess b ur walls cuz it duznt look like u hav any (even tho i dont think they hav rly high defenses or hp...

NEW WIFI OU TEAM!!

FC: 1378-7035-2596
    PO: zwgiantsfan

CURRENT Emerald Nuzlocke: (6 Badges, 1 Death)
    CURRENT Soulsilver Nuzlocke: (7 Badges)

Shiny Pokemon FOR Trade:
    (lv. 38 T)
    DWFs: (extremespeed)

Walls? Mightyena was supposed to be my half wall

Buut, I should have put more defense EVs
    岩根雅明=♡

Earthquake is better option on Drapion than Fire Fang. You can also replace Cross poison with either Swords Dance if you wan to go all-out offensive, or Toxic Spikes for a defensive set.

Like Floatzel98 mentioned, you EV spreads are a bit unorthodox. Some of these Pokemon would benefit from Max Speed investment, like Weavile and Houndoom. Solarbeam and Dig are kind of iffy, as the opponent can switch to the appropriate counter on the turn they charge.

Pokemon stuff

-----

Let's Plays and such

Replace Honchkrow with Murkrow and put him in the lead.

Murkrow (M) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Hardy Nature
    - Thunder Wave
    - Roost
    - FeatherDance
    - Frustration/Whatever you really want

Quote Originally Posted by XatuGamer View Post
    Replace Honchkrow with Murkrow and put him in the lead.

Murkrow (M) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Hardy Nature
    - Thunder Wave
    - Roost
    - FeatherDance
    - Frustration/Whatever you really want
    You can try that set but you can also use these moves.

- Roost
    - Perish Song / Toxic
    - Mean Look
    - Protect / Substitute / Thunder Wave / Taunt

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Why do you think my EV spread is bad? Oh and Murkrow is the first evaluation to Hunchkrow....
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
    Why do you think my EV spread is bad? Oh and Murkrow is the first evaluation to Hunchkrow....
    Because EVs are meant to increase a pokemons useful stats for the role you intend it to fill. Not even out the stats so its an all rounder and not particularly good at anything. Murkrow gets the ability prankster which allows it to get priority on any none damaging attack, it also can use an eviolite to massively increase it's defences.

EVs also work as 1 point for every 4 EVs so if your EVs in a stat don't divide whole into 4 then some are being wasted. My advice to you is decide 100% on the job you want a pokemon to do then increase the stats it needs to do that job.

I knew what role I wanted my Pokemon to take, however the reason why I had the EVs the way I did was because I wanted them to have SOME bulk. Especially Mightyena since she was going to be my semi defensive Pokemon, and maybe Drapion as well but her moves have defenses.

I wanted them to be fast somewhat and so have enough HP to a point where they wont get knocked out easily.
    岩根雅明=♡

I knew what role I wanted my Pokemon to take, however the reason why I had the EVs the way I did was because I wanted them to have SOME bulk. Especially Mightyena since she was going to be my semi defensive Pokemon, and maybe Drapion as well but her moves have defenses.

I wanted them to be fast somewhat and so have enough HP to a point where they wont get knocked out easily.
    You can't have it be somewhat fast bulky and strong. It just ends up weak in each. You have to compromise, wrangle is very frail and a small amount of defence like that will not help it. Just max speed and attack.

For example: if I wanted to do this:

Mightyena @leftovers
    EVs: Def:252; SpDef:252; Attk:4
    -Fire Fang
    -Sucker Punch
    -Toxic
    -Sand-Attack

would that be less weird?
    岩根雅明=♡

For example: if I wanted to do this:

Mightyena @leftovers
    EVs: Def:252; SpDef:252; Attk:4
    -Fire Fang
    -Sucker Punch
    -Toxic
    -Sand-Attack

would that be less weird?
    Yes but still not great. Always max HP before you increase defences on Walls. Also Mightyena wouldn't make a good wall. As previously stated a prankster sableye running max HP and sp defence / defence would really help

Alrighty. Maybe I'll stick with Drapion being my only wall.

Other than that, my teams cool, but they keep losing online
    岩根雅明=♡

probably because of the movesets that your Pokemon have and the ev spreads. Like Fake street said, not everything can be a wall. Some things are not supposed to have mixed stats, like attack and defense since it will make it just suck in the end.

Alrighty. Maybe I'll stick with Drapion being my only wall.

Other than that, my teams cool, but they keep losing online
    because your team sucks.

Mightyena is crap.

Prankster Murkrow is a great pokemon. So is Sableye. Highly consider Bisharp or Scrafty

Scrafty@Leftovers
    Shed Skin, Careful
    252hp, 8atk, 248SpD
    Bulk Up
    Drain Punch
    Crunch
    Rest

This set wins games.
    MewtwoTHOUSAND is an original character DO NOT STEAL.

Oh and I use cheating devices to hack legitimate pokemon that I use for my own amusement only, get over it.