Thread: 2015 RPG Ball discussion thread!

Default 2015 RPG Ball discussion thread!

We're coming up on that time of year again!

We try to throw an RPG Ball each Halloween, wherein you can choose any RP character you've created and join in on a casual holiday RPG where characters from all kinds of fandoms and universes can dress up, have a good time and enjoy the holidays together!

We usually post the sign-up thread mid-October, but this year you get to weigh in! What would you guys like in a casual party thread? Would you like there to be any kind of plot, or do you prefer a sandbox where everyone can just hang out? Is there a certain theme you'd like to see? Any restrictions you think should be put in place? Anything you liked/disliked from past Winter Balls?

Otherwise, what are you looking forward to for this year's Ball? What character will you be bringing? Any costume ideas? Spill the beans!

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    ~Psychic

Amazing art gift by the talented KCW! Check out his other art here!

I am fairly new here but that sounds amazing! Out of curiosity what has been done in the past?
    Anything is possible...apart from skiing through a revolving door.

Image Credit goes to Kamotz

Quote Originally Posted by Solsabre View Post
    I am fairly new here but that sounds amazing! Out of curiosity what has been done in the past?
    Glad you like it! Usually the Balls are very much free-form RPs where all characters are invited that are meant to be ongoing from October to December, starting as a Halloween costume party and evolving as the season goes by. The location changes from year to year, so here's what we've done in the past:

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, now's the time to voice them!

~Psychic

Amazing art gift by the talented KCW! Check out his other art here!

Unless I change my mind by the time the thread comes up, I'll probably use André again (He'll be wearing a Sylveon costume this time.) He'll be my regular party guest. xD

What would you guys like in a casual party thread? Would you like there to be any kind of plot, or do you prefer a sandbox where everyone can just hang out?
    I'd like there to be a plot, but I know people enjoy the sandbox thing. Maybe there's a way to have both?

The only thing I disliked from the past ones, is that we never actually made it to the Christmas portion. :P We were in Halloween mode the entire time.