Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

That won't be necessary. I have just posted, and it's Death Notes time! As well as a special guest from Mother 3. I ended to making it so that the Death Notes have two PSI techniques each: an offensive one and a non-offensive one, and no PK Favourites, just to make things fair. Yes, even Diego's Death Notes have PSI... I guess those could represent DX. Amanda's Death Notes can attack anyone, as Amanda's already deadlike. Yes, that's right, I created a new status condition, albeit a creepy one.

I also updated Amanda's info to include the Pipe Organ as her instrument (fitting eh?), and also updated the Plot Summary and Enemy Index. Special thanks to coolminun to comping up with the Death Notes idea in the first place!

EDIT: The salt idea is an interesting one, Chihaya. Maybe it'll only be effective against users of evil magic, like the Death Notes, weakening their powers a little. It would also work on Amanda, in case Aqua ever needs to force-tone her powers down in the future (which I definitely think she will at some point--maybe even now after she used PK Pain on the Plague Rat). Maybe it could also temporarily increase the attack power of the cat of the same name, lol.

EDIT 2: Also, I think that the anime of this RPG should include the exact musical piece described in my post. I'll go ahead and compose it at some point. It shall be as awesome as I said it would be... hopefully. Zekshirom, if you ever need any help in coming up with music for the anime, I can offer some, as I have quite a bit of experience with composing music. I just need to re-install my music software on my computer...
    Last edited by Kiruria; 22nd September 2012 at 5:02 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: The Secrets of August Manor (Daisy and Tiffany), Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith), The Savage Era: The Blood Crown (Venifica)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

DX's would have something like PK Breaker or PK Madness or something like that. Sorry I have been slow to update. Will update now

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Thanks! XD I'll get a post up early tomorrow morning. XD DVB, you can write Gale's reply. XD

BTW, Zekshirom, this is my closest approximation of Gale on Gaia. XD

Not entirely accurate, but it does the trick. XD Gale's skirt is supposed to have black trim on the hem, her gloves have no red on them and the laces on her boots are supposed to be black, not white. XD Yes, her animal totally looks like her in terms of hair color and eye color. XD Her hair is pretty accurate though...if you can't see it too well, it's about hip-length. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

@DVB: Yeah, I would've thought so too, but those are not legitimate PSI techniques, and PK Hex was already taken by Amanda's Death Notes. I figured Brainshock and PK Thunder would be the next best thing... The only other options left are Shield, Defense-altering techniques, and PK Ground, none of which seem appropriate for DX. Remember, though, that a technique's appearance can vary slightly depending on the user, so maybe this PK Thunder can take on a creepier appearance, like be black like Luvina's was or crimson or something. Same thing for Brainshock, which could try to torment Diego and warp his thoughts or something...

@Jean Grey: All right, we have a sprite! That's a pretty darn nice one, too. XD Oh, before I forget, I made avatars long ago for Gon and Ari (EDIT: and Amanda):

The design on Gon's shirt is supposed to be a Super Mario Bros. Starman (NOT the Earthbound variety), but they didn't have one. His mustache should be smaller too and his pajama bottoms should be checkered. I made an avatar for Amanda as well, but that appearance was based on a Teen Titans RPG I had her in long ago. I'll post it after I change her clothes.

EDIT: The Amanda avatar is included, to the right of Ari. I couldn't quite find a black lizard, instead picking... something like one. The wand is pretty accurate, except with a red ball instead of an apple. And I don't know what the heck happened to her eyes and boots...
    Last edited by Kiruria; 22nd September 2012 at 6:37 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: The Secrets of August Manor (Daisy and Tiffany), Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith), The Savage Era: The Blood Crown (Venifica)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Well, I thought you would make PK tecnhiques. DX is a unique figure. I mean, PK Rockin and PK Love were also unique attacks. But it is all up to you. Hope you are doing well and I am updating

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

PK Rockin and PK Love are PK Favourite techniques, which the Death Notes can't copy (How interesting it would've been for Diego to learn PK Love like Lucas, if he had been PSI capable.) But anyway, and this is an announcement to everyone, I have just written a signup for Amanda, because the fact that she's one of the Chosen Ones means that she really needs one. Yeah, it's kind of funny, since I wasn't originally planning on having her in this RPG. She was originally a character I had signed up for a Teen Titans RPG, in which she had pretty much the same powers he has here. I guess I saw that nobody had opted to learn PK Hex here, and I thought, "Hey wait a minute, I can put Amanda here and she can have PK Hex!" And we can always use an anti-hero anyway, even though she kind of makes this RPG a little darker than it's really supposed to be. (Though the Death Notes kind of do that too.)

Also, I want to point out something about my most recent post: The trumpet and music box that were mentioned there are allusions to Bowie and Santana, respectively. I know Raiden193's active in a couple of other RPG's, so I'm currently trying to think up a way Santana might be able to catch up...
    Last edited by Kiruria; 22nd September 2012 at 9:17 AM.

Well, I would have given Gale PK Hex at first, until I realized that it would be funny that her first offensive spell would be a pun on her own name. XD I think PK Hex would probably be the one she'll learn next...she's the resident Black Mage after all! XD I think she'll learn anything that heals last...that's just her. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Koolios. Just read the post and updated. The Deathnotes came out being better than i thought. Good job Kiruiria. I especially like how they are actual notes instead of the instruments, so we don't have to destroy them. And oh yeah, just to clear up in case anyone is wondering, the part in my post where the Deathnotes hurl the chunks of ice at Kyornik is not Pk aura. It's another form of Pk freeze. Since thunder can be used to control electricity, and not just lightning I used that for Pk freeze as well.

Also, I have a question. Maybe you'll say it's entirely up to us, but are the notes taken down as a single unit or individually?

@Jean Grey: Hahaha, I totally expected Gale to be the one to learn PK Hex. I'm surprised she doesn't know it yet, actually. I'm looking forward to seeing how her version will differ from Amanda's.

@coolminun: The Death Notes are basically trying to prevent us from reaching our instruments, because just as Lord Passion said, the way to defeat them is to willingly play the instrument. The notes of the corresponding colour (i.e. only the blue ones if Kyornik plays the grand piano) will just vanish when that happens. And it won't be until all the Death Notes are gone that Amanda will come back to life. So you don't necessarily have to defeat any of the Death Notes. They will try to prevent you from playing your instrument after Lord Passion gives his advice though, pushing you away from it and attacking with PSI and basic tackles. The Blue Death Notes' Offense Up will power up their tackles. And by the way, I gave them Offense Up as a reference to Blake.

@everyone: Guess what? Today I drew a map of the world this RPG takes place in! It includes all seven countries, and some important landmarks within them. Hopefully this will make a good reference. Note how I finally gave Saturn Valley a distinct location: in the "tail" of Eagleland, past the Impassable Mountains near Kaishi Village.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 23rd September 2012 at 1:49 AM.

Cool, In had a feeling about the offense up being a reference to Blake. That's why I put that reference in there too. ok, so we just have to get to the instruments to defeat them sort of. I have an idea cooking with Zekshirom and Chihaya, so we'll see it after they post I guess. Also as for the final song that plays when we get onto all of our instruments, how about it be Pollyanna? Great song, and the lyrical version has some great lyrics that go along with our theme or maybe the 8 melodies.

Amanda has quite the frightening sign up
    Last edited by coolminun; 23rd September 2012 at 8:44 PM.

If there's singing, I can Picture Aqua doing a cost play of a certain character while singing... Sorry, I was fan boying.

I'll be posting in the RPG as soon as I can!

Tekina will start singing in my next post, so if we DO play PollyAnna, she can sing the lyrics.
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Wait, I wanted Aqua to sing ;_;

Duet?

I think the song would be great as a duet! Come to think, the song would be quite appropriate, not to mention it's pretty darn central to the Mother series. Of course, not everyone will join in the song at the same time, as it will take everyone a different amount of time to reach their instrument with those pesky Death Notes in the way. I was thinking they could start out with just a few notes or a melody familiar to the person, since not everybody will be that good at playing the instrument without the guide of the Death Notes. (Gon certainly won't, for instance, and he'll probably get several notes wrong.) I think I know how this will play out...

And yeah, I keep forgetting to continue my tradition of changing my user title and location to match the RPG... I've had it as "I Love Rainbows" and "Deep in a dream" for way too long. >_<

Maybe my Magic Circle will help everyone get closer to their goals.

Love the idea of a duet!

Also, I kinda wanna do a fanmade song. That ok with u, chihaya?

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Aqua gets to sing so I'm fine with that. Maybe Tekina can tell Aqua about the song before they start singing. Maybe Morgan can bring Vocaloid costplay for them or something like that. Sorry, I started fantasizing again.

Densetsu might make an illusion of an outfit on them that they might actually get in the future...

Now to write the song...won't be posting until I'm done.

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

All right. Cool ideas. Zekshi and Chihaya, don't forget about the Psi bomb. You want me to implement it in my next post or after Zekshi posts?

After I post, ok?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

All right, I'll start now and finish after you post Zekshi. It has been a while since you last posted, so hopefully it won't be too long.
    Last edited by coolminun; 26th September 2012 at 2:04 AM.

Hahaha... As a Witch myself, I appreciate the content of Chihaya's post. However, the indigo notes are pushing it a bit. Death Notes cannot arise without a player to correspond to the instrument, and Aqua would need Brainshock to be able to bring the blue Death Notes over to her side (which can only be done at more advanced levels of Brainshock anyway). You could have Aqua just bewitch the hydraulophone so that it could spray water or something, though.

Ah, too bad Amanda's deadlike--she would have really appreciated Gale's use of PK Darkness. And... Gale played her instrument already? OK, I guess I'll allow it. I don't want us to be fighting these Death Notes too long anyway. Especially since everyone else seems really close to conquering their instrument anyway.

And I realised I goofed in one of my posts in this thread: Kyornik's Death Notes are supposed to be green, not blue. But I guess they can just be a greenish shade of blue or something, so that they look only subtly different from Aqua's Death Notes. It makes sense anyway since they have almost the same instrument.

And I really like the song idea, Zekshirom. Though I'd appreciate it if you'd post in the RPG soon as well.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 2nd October 2012 at 9:22 PM.

I need to update again. All righty then.

I have a week off from homeschooling, so I'll try to post.

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Actually you're fine, DVB, though you really didn't include much regarding the Death Notes. I guess I forgot that you were the first to post after me...

And really, I'm the one who should be worried about not being able to post soon, with classes and such and a job fair coming up. I'll be making this RPG my top priority throughout this busy period though. And I'm still working on my current post.

EDIT: Yeah, Diego's about as done as Gale is, though his Death Notes might try to attack him one last time before vanishing. When we play our instruments, the Death Notes don't vanish immediately; their disappearance is more gradual as they are slowly weakened while you play.

And haha, when I first read about the Negative Spaces, they totally reminded me of the cursed zones in Okami... though they cause sleep rather than damage.

Also, Chihaya, you forgot to include the athame in your inventory... unless it disappeared after the circle broke or something.

EDIT 2: I posted! A link to the Pollyanna song is included in it. Wouldn't it be neat if everyone here could somehow remember that same tune from long ago?
    Last edited by Kiruria; 2nd October 2012 at 10:33 PM.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast