Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

I have no idea. It looks like Zekshirom and Jean-Grey used psi farewell.

Someone besides me go and tell her to update

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Will do. Also, chihaya, clever names for your characters. It may just be a coincidence, but figuring it is from you I doubt it is. The way family are all named after gems from the mineral Beryl aren't they. Aquamarine=Aqua Morganite= Aunt Mougan Maxixe=Max and Rose Beryl=Aqua's mother Rose. Just happened to stumble upon this while looking up cinnabar on wikipedia.

Osohe Castle
    Last edited by coolminun; 10th February 2013 at 4:31 AM.

Well since you brought up my characters, Salt and Pepper are based off of Luna and Artemis from Sailor Moon but they're also supposed to be a bit like black and white Mokona from xxxHolic.

I hope the only non-npc females don't get kicked off. How would we ship properly?

So, is anyone else going to post anything? ... sigh Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

Well, as usual, sorry about the wait, guys. Let's see what happened while I was gone... Wait! Is this what I think it is!? Coolminun got banned?! But... But... He was like one of the most faithful followers of this RPG... So that means all who's left are me, Chihaya, and DVB... Oh man, that doesn't leave us many characters left.

But I'm still willing to continue this if you two are. And besides, we have four main characters now (Aqua, Gon, Diego, and Amanda). Four seems an appropriate number of main characters, given all three Mother games also had four main protagonists. And who knows, maybe if we're lucky Coolminun's ban won't be permanent and we'll have Kyornik back as well.

Or, maybe we can just have Gale and Tekina and Kyornik be NPC's until further notice. I'm really not sure what I want to do about the main character roster at this point. But I do want to get on to something happier plot-wise, like Candy and Andy's performance at Club Kousagi in Robot City!

Oh, and I know I'm spoiling things a little when I say this, but sometime really soon everyone's PK Favourite techniques will become more powerful--which will obviously not apply to Diego, but maybe something else good can happen to him or he can recall something important. I'll leave that up to DVB. The bell that Paula rang, as well as the memory-invoking exercise, awakened the "beta" versions of PK Favourite, but it might take a little while for everyone to notice it. After all, who'd want to bust out a PK Fireworks or PK Garden Beta after what happened here?

Also, I'll leave it up to Chihaya to decide what to do about the memory exercise. Either Paula could appear before her back in Winters and run through it with her, or Aqua can just teleport to Sunrise and join in there. Either way is fine by me. Though do keep in mind that she won't have Amanda with her if she stays in Winters.

But yeah, even though I haven't been posting here as often as I should, I do often have daydreams about what might happen in the plot in the future, especially what turns out with some of the bad guys and what out excursion on Mt. Itoi will be like. I think I have an idea of what the next boss will be as well, but as usual, I'm not telling you what it is.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 21st February 2013 at 8:53 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

We have to keep moving forward then. How should we said what happens to the other characters? I'm here for ya all the way

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

Hello, my peeps. Kyornik is not gone. Not by a long shot lol. Like I'd let a ban stop me from this RPG! This is my cousin's account that he abandoned years ago. I'll be using this until my ban is lifted in March.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30u4m4j.png[/IMG] Thanks to Doodles for the awesome banner

I'm too goody goody to get banned (And really inactive on the forums) so Aqua will be here until everyone else pretty much leaves. I'm finding it difficult to think up some memory for Aqua since her life is pretty bland and uninteresting.

Yeah, me too. This is the fitst time I actually have writers block on this rpg.

Scratch that, came up with something nice, and was feeling nostalgic with all the kirby music. Oh yeah, the space creature that was about to eat Blake was a lesser Mook in case anyone was wondering. When I played earthbound, they were one enemy that I feared alot. Pk freeze was already bad, but diamondizing me too was a bit much.
    Last edited by Kofii; 28th February 2013 at 11:33 PM.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30u4m4j.png[/IMG] Thanks to Doodles for the awesome banner

And a week goes by...

I've posted... and decided to jump right to the Candy and Andy concert. Included in my post are the lyrics to a song I wrote a couple years back... it's definitely the type of song Candy and Andy would do. And yayness, looks like we have Kyornik back! Hooray! And since it's March, that means Coolminun should have his older username back soon, but who cares anyway? To earth be true, everyone!

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

I must apologize for my absence but just wait a little longer. Once my spring break starts, I'll be back and postin!

That song seems to fit well with the melody of Forest Maze (Geno's Maze) from SUper Mario RPG.

Well guys, I have some bad news. I might be stuck as Kofii forever. Some almighty mod decided to smite my account and ban me permanently without even providing an explanation as to why. I was originally banned for a 5th signature violation, which was to be lifted on the 12th, but now it said the ban will never be lifted with no specified reason.

sigh... well, i'll get to posting a section on Kyornik soon.

@Kofii: Yeesh, that's rough. I guess it's for other posts on the forums... The only advice I can offer is just to lay low with this account, and be careful about your other posts. If there are any other problems, just let me know if you can...

I don't know if I'll be able to do a post tomorrow, but hopefully on Tuesday I will. (Has it already been ten days since my last post? O_O) That should give some time for Kyornik's opinion on stuff. Haha, I did like the bit about Aqua discovering the VIP room though! And yay, Zekshirom's back! I was really surprised to see a post about Tekina... And DVB, while I can't say I've ever played Super Mario RPG, I have certainly heard about this forest maze and have to agree with you.

And yeah, I figured Candy and Andy weren't gonna be very popular. Hopefully once Rapstarr and especially DCMC get to perform, that will change. And in regards to the festival Tekina mentioned... I'm guessing I'll just have it happen on the same day as the hunt for the music box piece located in Eagleland.

EDIT: I finally posted, like three days later than I said I would... But finally we have some dramatic action besides just watching a silly performance. And this is the first time I've introduced a new enemy in a long time. Well, it's not completely new, and not that original either (it's another one taken from Earthbound). The more creative enemies will be saved for Mt. Itoi.

I've also updated the character lists with the new PSI techniques the characters learned (although I'm not sure which technique Tekina learned, and I just assumed Gale's was going to be PK Hex even though Jean Grey hasn't posted in forever), and changed Kyornik's creator to Kofii (partially to let the mods know that someone under that username is in fact in the RPG). Zekshirom, if you can refresh my memory on which new technique Tekina learned that morning, I'd appreciate it. Or it can just be a stronger version of an existing technique.

I've also updated the Plot Summary, since it's been a long time since that has been updated. Hopefully this will make it easier for Jean Grey to catch up if she ever decides to post again. I added Paula to the NPC list and the Cute Li'l UFO to the enemy list as well.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 30th March 2013 at 1:41 AM.

Well, way to go Kiruria XD. I have no idea what to post for Blake now, because the starmen are on our side?? Maybe?? -_-
    But I have to admit though, that was quite the concert, and the twist was good too.

For some reason, this song reminds me of Aqua http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU6JkX4Jdos
    It's kinda bubbly like a little girl, but has nice piano and strings wchich reminds of blooming flowers. The drums give a sort of commando feel which alludes to her immense strength.

Still looking for Kyornik's. Oh yeah, Kiruria can I use the shard of event horizon to summon weapons? Also, anyone can use the event horizon if they please.

It will activate with powerful psi. The first time, the character will have to feed it a powerful blast of the mentioned psi and whenever they want access to it, just activate the psi and it will open. When storing an item inside, any psi can be used to infuse the object, just remember that the shard feeds on the psi and if all the infused psi is devoured, then the item will be destroyed.

Gon: Pk fireworks
    Tekina: PK fire
    Bianca: Pk Pain
    Kyornik: Pk Nature
    Gale: Pk thunder
    Diego:???? Um I'll think of something. Or if you have any ideas, I'm all ears.
    Last edited by Kofii; 7th April 2013 at 12:34 AM.

Hiya peeps, Its been a while! I was just wondering out of pure curiosity, of how close is the story to reaching the end? Were the Starmen defeated yet? Was the Aurora mystery ever solved? And has anyone been able to master PK Starstorm?

Well, I don't think we're anywhere near the end. You could also just read it and find out. It's actually a pretty good read. I find myself reading it over when I'm bored with the lack of posts.

Wow, is this what I think it is? Hello, Soaring Pikachu! Kofii's right, the RPG is not close to the end at all. And with me being so busy that I've not had a lot of time to post lately, things are getting really slow around here. We've recovered only two of the seven mystical music box pieces we're supposed to find to far, and are going on the third. We just enjoyed a Candy and Andy concert. And if you don't have the patience to read the entire RPG, you could always check out the Plot Summary I included in the third or so post of this thread. It should be up-to-date by now.

Anyway, wow, every time I post in this RPG, I keep worrying about when I'll next be able to post. I'm going to work on another post right now, and we'll finally be on to Mt. Itoi by then.

Oh, and Kofii, to answer your question about the event horizon shard... I keep seeing it as more of a collective inventory space than anything else, though correct me if I'm wrong. Perhaps once we all reach the base of Mt. Itoi, we can all pick out a medium-strength weapon from it (perhaps they appeared as a result of Paula's prayers), or in Diego's case, one of his gadgets could receive a power boost or some other neat little upgrade/add-on. I'm already starting to think of a neat one for Gon, actually. It should be nothing legendary or super-powerful like the sword of Densetsu that Tekina will eventually pick up, but perhaps something like a rod or staff, an enchanted dagger... something that should work to focus each character's PSI. Hey, maybe in Diego's case it could somehow incorporate the magic of the music box itself.

Anyway, I have something big planned in relation to the Starmen once we ascend Mt. Itoi, as well as another discovery that sort of relates to Amanda (NOT Bianca). Be prepared, like Scar the Lion told us all to in song. In regards to Blake, I would hold off on all Starman stuff until this is revealed...

LOL, it seems to be a running gag here how Amanda gets mistakenly called Bianca. Which is especially strange given the name Bianca literally means "white", which totally contradicts Amanda's personality (and the fact that her animal companion is a black lizard named after half a famously ominous Bach piece).

I think I may have found my weakness. Having Aqua wear pants. Maybe she can wear cute floral pants. And since we're going to have to wait a while, Aqua can battle some more UFOs and sing more song to waste some time.

You know, I think I may have finally figured out why I keep calling Amanda Bianca lol. When I was imagining your character, a friend of mine from High school popped into my head, and it's been recurring ever since. Her name was Bianca, and I subconsciously type it in all the time.

As for the Event Horizon, it can be seen as inventory space, but I wanted it to be a bit more than that. I got the idea from looking up Hammer space. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerspace I never really noticed this until Kingdom Hearts when there are a bunch of different animation for summoning a keyblade. So, I wanted to be able to summon my weapon out of thin air too, only I'd have a way to explain it. I was also going to ask if it could be a major plot device besides holding the book "Psi Secrets".
    I was thinking along the lines of maybe a certain boss fight in which we all would have died because the boss self destructed and we used it as a way to escape the blast, since nobody will be able to use Ninten's signature psi 4th-D slip.

Also, if giygas is returning, I'm sure you could use it for some nefarious purposes. Also, since George was the one who created the one Kyornik uses, it reacts a little to EVE and George's grave. Also, is George's grave still up on Mt. Itoi? Oh, I'm also going to have Blake learn Pk ground now since we got a psi upgrade.

And, here's some Art
    mother_3__pk_ground_by_kurkoboltsi-d310o2o.jpg
    Last edited by Kofii; 24th April 2013 at 1:26 PM.

Hmm, looks like somebody mistakenly posted an RPG post here in the Discussion Thread... Anyway, I have finally posted again, and now we're all beating the crap out of enemies on Mt. Itoi. This includes a couple of enemies some of you created, so hooray for that! I did end up changing a couple of things though... Most notably, it used to be the Mini Nanuk that had the freezing bite, but now the PSI-Yonara has it. I wanted the latter to be based a bit more off the Yuki-Onna of Japanese myth, after all. So I've also added all five of the new enemies (five? Yikes!) to the Enemy Index. As usual, you may have any number of the enemies appear on Mt. Itoi during your ascent, as long as it's nothing ridiculous.

I LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Also guys, until I get some animation artists and voice actors, the anime won't be happening for quiet a while.

But...you can look forward to other stuff related to this RPG being made. (imeanitsnotlikeimwantingtomakeamangaforthisnothat wouldbesilly)
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Okay, just to liven up this thread a bit, I thought I's include some random fun facts about places and such in the RPG. For example:

Podunk Park is named after the town of Podunk, one of the early towns available for exploration in Mother 1. Since that game also featured Mt. Itoi as the final "dungeon", it seems appropriate that the park would be located near it now.

Kousagi literally means "baby rabbit", hence the club's rabbit head logo. The club itself, on the other hand, was inspired by a club in Tokyo named Velfarre, which was pretty much the hotspot for the Eurobeat style of music, a sort of fast-paced techno. Like Kousagi, it consisted of multiple floors with coloured windows... but it eventually closed down in 2006.

The Zip Gun that Candy used on the UFO was in fact one of the first guns Jeff got on his quest in Earthbound, Jeff being Dr. Andonuts' son of course. It got upgraded quite a bit--or upsized, rather--since.

EVE was a robot ally from Mother 1 who helped the heroes partway up Mt. Itoi, but she got destroyed in a fight with another robot. The EVE-mobile's fight with Victoria here is a reference to that.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast