Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

Hey, have been trying to post, but just graduated with my degree in marine bio and already engrossed in research. Promise to post soon. Also, Kiruira, you never answered my question from my post.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30u4m4j.png[/IMG] Thanks to Doodles for the awesome banner

Ah yes, was that the question on whether George's grave is still at the top of Mt. Itoi? The answer is yes; in fact, it's inside another structure that pays homage to Giygas. I'll reveal more about it once we actually reach the top.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Hmm, Diego. I smell some DX happenings in the near future?
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30u4m4j.png[/IMG] Thanks to Doodles for the awesome banner

I didn't realize that Aqua and EVE were fighting the same Victoria so I have edited that post slightly. Nothing too important was changed so I see no need to re read my post; however, I'm just stating that I fixed this so clear any confusion.

Can Aqua's healing work on items?

I don't think her powers are that cool yet. What would you need healed? Maybe we can think of a cool way to fix it together!

Kyornik's bat lol. Something is always happening to that thing. It's covered in thick icicles that are so cold it burns to the touch. Since the mini Nanuk was based on my idea for the King Nanuk, the icy breath and freezing fangs are actually a form of pk freeze Beta (toned it down a level since the King Nanuk has Freeze gamma). This mean, alpha fire psi like Tekina or Amanda's pk fire cannot melt it.

I'm unsure of all the properties of your Psi Garden, but I do know it heals hp as well as pp. Kiruria said our signature psi got upgraded, so i don't know if that means Aqua's garden can heal status ailments or just more hp and pp.

Garden, if anyone objects because it may be over powered, heals HP, PP, and status ailments; however, it excludes Aqua. I mean, since Aqua uses her powers to heal flowers and other form of flora, A bat should be no different.

Oh wait, Aqua cannot heal herself?

She can heal herself, just not with Garden. I think it would be too overpowered at that point since she uses some PP to gain more PP.

Yeah, that makes sense. She can still use Healing on herself, and Gon would always be glad to use Lifeup on her. ^_^ Unless of course that idiot Kyornik gets himself badly hurt for the umpteenth time and wastes all of Gon's PP by needing to be Lifeupped again. As for PP... It's kind of weird how there's no canon PSI technique which can restore PP to allies (PSI Magnet only works on the user), so it's a good thing Aqua has Garden. (I keep wanting to call it PK Garden, but then I realise it's not an offensive technique.)

So I have posted again, and the excitement begins, though there will be much more to come when we all reach the top of the mountain. Hence why I presented the Welcome Gusts to help us get there faster. Plus the fact that climbing a mountain is a difficult task to begin with, even for a group of heroes. And now for some more fun facts:

The Welcome Gusts are actually based off of the Unwelcome Gusts which appeared as enemies in Mother 3. The Unwelcome Gusts were yellow rather than blue, and utilised wind for attacking purposes. They appeared on a hill on Tanetane Island, which I guess explains why the Welcome Gusts would appear on a mountain in Sunrise.

Starmen in Earthbound and even its prequel appeared in various ranks and even had odd variations, like the "Ghost of Starman" which were particularly notorious in Earthbound. Thankfully, these odd variants will not even appear in this RPG. Instead there are just the ordinary Starmen, the golden "Starman Supers", and a single crimson-tinged Starman with spikes on his shoulders, the leader of the Starmen. Interestingly, Earthbound also had a powerful Starman variant called a "Starman DX". It's obvious why that variant would never appear in this RPG...

The Victoria enemy was based off of a whole class of female robot enemies from Mother 1, which appeared all over the map (including one on Mt. Itoi). Or maybe they were suits of armour. I can't really tell. Anyway, these enemies also had human names, such as Nancy and Kelly. Apparenty those names were chosen because they were named after members of the localization team, but since I'm too lazy to look up other members and also because I'm not completely sure whether those old enemies were robots or just animate armour suits, I just named Victoria Victoria, because what the heck.

In other news, I just heard that Earthbound is going to become available on the Virtual Console later this year! And there's proof: in Satoru Iwata's Nintendo Direct video that I apparently didn't know about for a month. It contains other interesting news as well, but the Earthbound stuff starts at around 22:10, right after the Pikmin 3 news. OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING.

(Now if only they'd officially release Mother 1 and 3 outside of Japan...)

EDIT: I also have a question for all of you about future plot development in this RPG. It's something I really can't decide on. This RPG has been going on for over a year (imagine that!), and we're still less than halfway done with our quest. Which is probably why I've been wanting to rush through stuff and keep moving the plot along. I've been frantically trying to come up with ways to shorten it a little, and I got one idea: we skip Dalaam. All I've been planning to have happen there is a meeting with the third Archangel and some silly antics with Prince Rama-Lama-Ding-Dong and maybe a wild hallucinogenic trip involving pink elephants and other such things. And maybe a DCMC concert (though Dalaam would be an odd place to have it). Not too important, right? Unless of course you disagree. Which is why I'm asking. So we have two options:

1. Travel to Dalaam anyway and have the DCMC (oddly) perform there, and have the opportunity to interact with the third Archangel and Prince Rama and the wacky enemies and such there.

2. We skip Dalaam and mention the meeting with the archangel in passing, thus finishing the RPG a little quicker. DCMC would perform somewhere else, probably either Summers or Fourside.

So which would you guys prefer? Of course there's a third option: hypnotizing me with the effect of posting more often, also making the RPG go a little faster. *shot*
    Last edited by Kiruria; 28th May 2013 at 12:53 PM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

One of the story tellers are in Dalaam. She even has little clock work rocks that run along the mountain side.

Honestly, I really don't care if we go or not. The cult of Purple was the only thing that seemed interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by chihaya01 View Post
    One of the story tellers are in Dalaam. She even has little clock work rocks that run along the mountain side.
    There was a storyteller in Dalaam? I thought she was in Scaraba... I guess I must have confused her with Scheherazade who is from there. ^_^ Hmm, I'm still waiting on someone other than DVB to post so that we can get to the stuff on top of Mt. Itoi.

And if the storyteller is in Dalaam... Well, then maybe the country we could consider skipping is Scaraba instead. I was initially planning to have Rapstarr perform there, but that can be moved to Dalaam or Summers if need be, perhaps.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 1st June 2013 at 6:21 AM.

We need more people posting. Is it possible to reopen the sign-ups?

I'll post after work

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

posted. Hope you like. new characters would be coo since posts are so infrequent. If anything, i would like to see more from Ari and Max and maybe from DVB's side character if he plans to make one.

I would be all for re-opening the signups... but with so much that has been happening with the RPG lately, I'm not sure if people would want to join at this stage in the game. Eh, I guess I'll try it anyway. We could have the newbies join us in whatever country we're visiting next. By then we will have obtained three music box pieces, so we'll be just about halfway through the RPG...

Of course, Santana and Bowie coming back would be great if their creators were interested in posting in the RPG...

Heck, at this point I'm willing to try almost anything to keep this RPG open.

Oh, and I will be on vacation for the next month, so if there is any delay in me posting during that time, that is why. But I should have internet access all throughout, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for me to post. I usually put this RPG as my first priority of ones to update (provided there's stuff to reply to), so I shall stay as long as posts come in.

EDIT: It's official. Signups have officially re-opened. Come on guys, let's at least get to work with all the Mt. Itoi stuff. I'll have a post in the works soon as well.

EDIT 2: Well, first of all, Jean Grey has been inactive for a really long time, so I might consider removing her from the character list if this goes on long enough. She's been active in other RPG's, so it leads me to wonder if she's just giving up on this one... Secondly, I'm working on putting together a TV Tropes page for this RPG. I think I have it mostly ready - just have to work things out with the code and all. Just a fun little thing to help us see various aspects of the RPG and its characters.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 25th June 2013 at 9:17 AM.

Guys, I'm REALLY sorry I haven't posted. Just...things have happened in real life...it may seem like I'm online, but that's only because I have the tab open. And again...stuff's happened...I'm not gone, I just need to catch up, ok?
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Wait, I reread Kiruria's post and Aqua knows Psi Aura now? Was that a typo?

I think its because of your post with psi aura in it. I think she misunderstood what you were saying in your post. But having pk aura may not be a bad thing, even though I know you wanted her to be a support character with crazy strength.

Yeah, I think I meant Kyornik as I was typing it, but ended up typing Aqua instead for some reason. XD

(EDIT: I fixed it, and make it Tekina instead, since she also knows PK Aura and we haven't seen a lot of her lately.)

@Zekshirom: It's understandable. These things happen sometimes... even to me, apparently.

And wow, I just realized that Winters and Summers seem to be the most popular home countries in this RPG. Aqua was technically from both, Diego and Gale and Kyornik are from Winters (not that Gale's really around anymore), and Blake and Amanda and Monster Guy's new character are from Summers. Second place is Eagleland, which is home to Tekina and Gon, and also Sunrise, with Santana and (technically) Gon. Yes, Santana's coming back. I'm excited about that.

Meaning I'll have to add Leo and Santana to the Character List, and maybe remove Gale as well.

EDIT 2: It is finished! Just for fun, I have created a TV Tropes page for this RPG! It contains a plot summary and little bits about the characters and plot moments and such. I have yet to update the page to include new characters like Leo, though Santana's still kind of in there since she was with us in Quetzal and Saturn Valley. Gale's still in there too, because I find it hard to ignore her.

If there are any tropes you think may apply to this RPG but aren't on the list, feel free to let me know.

EDIT 3: Haha, looks like I made another silly mistake. When I mentioned the Starman running experiments on Kyornik's brother, I meant to say his friend instead, meaning Blake. But this time, I think I'll leave this mistake be, since Kyornik happens to have a brother anyway, and since this could be another interesting development. Especially since PSI tends to run among siblings for some reason. And, he might be kidnapped, he might be not. Who knows? Also, watch your bunnying.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 30th June 2013 at 5:49 AM.

I really want to make a Gon <3 Aqua post now. The TV tropes is really fun to read, and I hope to see it updated with the new characters that join!
    Last edited by chihaya01; 2nd July 2013 at 6:54 AM.

I thought it was intentional lol, and decided to lrun with it. This forces him to call home only to find out his real brother is perfectly fine. I mean Blake and him are like brothers anyway, so it still fits. I'm actually excited about going to Dalaam now. Kyornik can now get his hands on Asian weaponry and learn to better control his pk aura here. Can't wait to also see the interaction between the current cast and the new people.

Now lets just hope more new people join. I find few people like coming into an RP late. Especially one that's gone on this long already.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast