Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

"Fans" is a much shorter way of properly describing Rocky's favorite thing...why didn't I think of that before? :/

Anyway, 'sup everybody! I hope you all are ready for some rockin' and a little bit of rollin', 'cause Rocky the Rockin' Rocker is in town!

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

I thought the Sailor Scout line was a Sailor Moon reference, and that he basically called him a magical girl. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    I thought the Sailor Scout line was a Sailor Moon reference, and that he basically called him a magical girl. :P
    Ronin Warrioooooooooooors!

Oh yeah, and I just felt like I should mention that Rocky owns his own mansion in Summers, so when the team heads there that might be a fun place for the team to rest (and possibly have a party).

Wow, it's been a while. Welcome Rocky and all the new chosen ones, to our family of Earthbound.

So, I've been thinking of some ideas for when we reach to Dalaam as well as introducing the Posin' Ones, Their agent, Mr. Hookton Phonics, as well as Sir and Lady Boing. We wouldn't actually meet them (The Posin' ones) in Dalaam, since they are based in Fourside but we would see them on television. Due to this, I was wondering if everyone could make an avatar and even a small story on their Posin' One. Just remember that the Posin' ones's name is your characters name, but just backwards: Kinroyk=Kyornik, Nog=Gon, Ogeid=Diego, etc.. This doesn't have to be now since all we're gonna do is see them on tv and notice their ridiculous resemblance to the rest of us.

Also, how long will the Dalaam arc be? I know we've only been on this journey for a couple of days, but I was thinking about having Kyornik train with Master Od Netnin for a few days to get a grasp on bettering his psi as well as Sir and Lady Boing shenanigans.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30u4m4j.png[/IMG] Thanks to Doodles for the awesome banner

Forgive me for being ignorant, but posin' ones? xD What are they exactly?

I'm tempted to make Odranoel a girl for giggles. (Leonardo spelled backwards.)

Oh, The Posin' Ones are a group that I created and Kiruria already ok'd. They are basically our doppelgangers. They are the fake Chosen and are Posin' as us. They basically get the lavish lifestyle and hero worship we would get if we ever stayed in any place long enough. They do possess psi similar to ours for the psi gifted and have very similar almost scary identical looks and skills as we do. After our fight in Ferdinand's Catle, we apparently got a fan base around the world and the leader's of towns and such want them to come and deal with any monster issues. of course we have absolutely no idea about any of this because none of us really keep abreast of the news and we're always on our way to the next music box piece.Their manager, Mr. Phonics has come to Dalaam, because he has heard from a credible source that their are a new batch of chosen ones. He wants to go and get your pics as well as info on you so he can find a person that has features like you and continue this charade. It's really all just a scam to get money out of leaders and live lavishly on our hard work.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30u4m4j.png[/IMG] Thanks to Doodles for the awesome banner

I'll have to figure out what I want "Noel" to be like then. xD

On a different note, I still haven't figured what Leo's signature Psi is going to do yet. xD Cuteness sounds like a non-offensive technique, but then again, a part of me wants it to be offensive to teach people a lesson.

Leo: PK Cuteness!

Starman: Cuteness? Really? You expect me to be intimidated by a bunch of rainbow horses?! Ha! *Suddenly gets trampled by a bunch of ponies*

Leo: You were saying?

Starman: *Seriously injured*

Hey, go for it. Pk love sounded pretty ridiculous until you started seeing teal hexagons exploding and killing everything. behold the power of love lol

Just a heads-up, Kirurun's allowed me to bunk with the group on Mt. Itoi. Now that it's out in the clear... I'm back~.

Also, to be realistic, most of Santana's things are now soggy. :<
    Last edited by Pir8Heart; 26th August 2013 at 6:15 AM.

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Wow, great posts! Heh, now I'll have to see what I can do to keep the visualisation thing going despite Rocky's interruption. I'll have to keep in mind that Dr. Andonuts is still in the room and he's not participating in it...

Also, I added a bit to our TV Tropes page and made some modifications. Turns out Tekina wields a whip, not Gale, so I changed that. And Erukia fits Blow You Away with her PK Wind, so I added that too. I deleted the Five Man Band from the list, since with all these new people, we're too big to be one. So I added the following since I first created the page:

For Leo: In Touch With His Feminine Side (given his love of cute things)
    For Erukia: Sweet Tooth (she has one) and Stripperiffic (referring to how she dresses and such)
    For Kat: Hello Sailor (she's a sailor and a flirt... well sort of) and Badass Bookworm (she likes to read and can beat people up)
    For Rocky: I Am The Band (since he hails from a legendary band and now goes solo)
    For Amanda (as if she doesn't have enough tropes already): A Glass of Chianti (since she's a villain anti-hero and likes wine)
    Also added: Punny Name, for Dr. Coffey Andonuts and Mr. Hookton Phonics; and Tsundere for both Aqua and Amanda

Note: In the games, Dr. Andonuts didn't have a first name, so I decided to give him one here. I figured why not a punny one, since shortly after he first introduces himself in Earthbound, he does in fact ask "Would you like a donut?"

Also, with regards to Mr. Phonics and the Posin' Ones, I think it would be interesting if we ended up in a fight with the latter at some point - reminds me of several video games in which the protagonist must fight a shadowy version of him/herself (e.g. Dark Link in Ocarina of Time--why wasn't he called Knil by the way?). And I'm beginning to come up with ideas on what they'd be like... However, the PSI and abilities matching those of the Chosen Ones would be a little weird, especially in the case of the "favourite thing" PSI abilities. Perhaps the Posin' Ones could try to use these, but they'd all be some generic shadow technique instead of the actual PK Favourite. In the case of non-PSI abilities, maybe their abilities can be somewhat defective - i.e. Ogeid's rocket arrows could fly out of control and he could have poor aim with them, Ykcor's songs could be out of tune, and Anatnas' robot could be unnamed and have a glitchy Miracle Voice.

Also, my first thought of PK Cute was a flurry of flying colourful hearts and smiley faces. But a colourful pony stampede would be hilarious.

Heck, the weirdest one would be PK White Russian. I can't even begin to wonder what that one would look like, besides some white silhouette of a Russian guy running around madly with a broken vodka bottle in hand. XD
    Last edited by Kiruria; 26th August 2013 at 8:40 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    Heck, the weirdest one would be PK White Russian. I can't even begin to wonder what that one would look like, besides some white silhouette of a Russian guy running around madly with a broken vodka bottle in hand. XD
    Cue the musical number. Anyway, how about... ... coffee geysers. That move around like serpents and circle in on a target.

Also, I added a bit to our TV Tropes page and made some modifications.
    Yet still no actual character page since the last time I saw it. x3 Anyone know the formatting?

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Also, my first thought of PK Cute was a flurry of flying colourful hearts and smiley faces. But a colourful pony stampede would be hilarious.
    There's no reason why it can't do both as it's upgraded. xD (They get hit by hearts, happy faces, rainbows, butterflies, etc. and then they get trampled by ponies. All with positive upbeat music going on in the background.)

I thought PK Book would be stranger. Maybe the idea of a giant book falling from the sky and crushing someone is hilarious to me. xD
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 27th August 2013 at 4:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    I thought PK Book would be stranger. Maybe the idea of a giant book falling from the sky and crushing someone is hilarious to me. xD
    PK Book would be easy to do; just get a pile of Harry Potter books and drop it on people.

Woah, I thought of Psi Book as really different. Probably summoning entities from books, or trapping your enemy in a book. I like this trapping in a book idea, because it would be like the tattle attack in Paper Mario Thousand Year Door.

About the posin ones...I'm pretty sure midnight blue hair isn't common? It'd be rare, if anything...WAIT, THIS IS FICTION, WE CAN DO WATEVA DA FRIK WE WANT.

(andkyornik-munarewestilldoingtekinaXkyornikbecausemynewestrpp ostrelatestothatsoyeahshipping)
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Oh, I didn't know people could use PK Aura to levitate themselves. Is actual flight possible? Leo needs a Peter Pan moment. xD

I was planning to do that later with Aqua, and she'd have a broom and a black robe, plus the black cat that she already has. *coughcoughKiki'sDeliveryServicecoughcough*

Speaking of Aqua's cat, I was browsing through the thread, and found this.

Salt uses PSI Cute!
    Aqua has gained a strange energy!
    That awkward moment when you discover a cat can use Leo's signature Psi. xD

Tekyornik is all right with me lol. That was a lot to post. You all should listen to the song I posted to. One of the best Summer's remixes I've ever heard. So, the next post i do will be Blake's escape from wherever he is. He is there with Shururi and Ari, so if anyone would like him to relay a message to give out to Kyornik, just let me know. I'm thinking Kyornik can meet his Posin' One and have a little battle with him. This will lead him to a flier with the supposed Chosen Ones and he'll bring it back to everyone in Dalaam. There, they'll see their doppelgangers on a broadcast from Prince Rama's television.

I mean, we can totally over look that and say it's part of her hidden cat based, half demon, PSI powers, which is why your PSI is totally different from hers.
    Last edited by chihaya01; 3rd September 2013 at 4:57 AM.

Oh, and to clarify, the Posin' Ones wouldn't have the exact same psi as we do as far as Pk favorites. I was thinking it would be something along the lines that are similar to your character's pk favorite. For instance, Kinroyk's psi is gonna be called Pk Wild, Which is just a flurry of explosive green triangles that are closely joined near the center to make them appear as diamonds. Kinroyk like wild things such as the untamed aspect of Nature... See where I'm going with this?

Oh yeah, i also wanted to ask Kiruruia, if an enemy I made up can have an appearance while He's in Summers. Kyornik will be unable to defeat it alone, but when the group comes to Summers, we may fight it. The darkside boardwalk

Ghost in the shell- Literally a ghost that lives within a conch sea shell. Has breath that smells like decayed conch. Causes nausea and can make you feel strange. also chops opponents with its shell. (I miss Gale... this song seems like a fitting theme. I can see her riding around on her motorbike and this playing XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35wn35BG-5Q

Darkside boardwalk- Legend has it, that under a new moon, shadowy entities come alive and attack anyone walking along the boardwalk.
    Shadowy people are invulnerable to physical attacks and attack by possessing victims and using psi and attacks through them
    Weak to pk flash, putrid smells, host's weakness and brainshock also Garden since it can cure aurora corruption
    Last edited by Kofii; 4th September 2013 at 2:37 AM.

If Leo's is PK Cute, then what's Noel's gonna be? :/

The whole "Has same but slightly different PSI powers" thing doesn't really apply to Rocky, Diego, or anyone else who doesn't have PSI powers. >.>

Whoops, sorry for making it seem like it's only the psi capable. For you guys, it would be similar skills. Maybe in Rocky's case, his Posin One could cause different effects via music, but it would be a different type of music. It could be music Rocky hates, and thus would be super effective against Rocky and in turn his doppelganger may hate rick and then Rocky would be his bane. Something like that. Diego uses clockwork gadgetry, so maybe Ogeid uses coal powered or steam powered gadgetry. Their abilities are based on your imagination.

The only reason why they have to be so similar to us, is because of King Ferdinand's initial detailed description of us. If Mr. Phonics wants to make oodles of noodles of money, he needs to get his story and cast members close enough to the real deal, that he can fool government officials.

Oh yeah, I just remembered that Nog for Gon is really Ihsorih.

I was hoping that, instead of Auqa acting as Posin' Aqua, Max can be the one to replace Aqua. It can be part of his revenge plan.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast