Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

Like I said...midnight blue hair isn't that common. Then again, this is FICTION we're talkin bout here.
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

I was actually thinking more of Max to be a character like Blake. Not a chosen one, but has an animal familiar and is really strong. A loved one. Blake is still gonna get what is coming to him.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30u4m4j.png[/IMG] Thanks to Doodles for the awesome banner

Yay!!! I have finally found Kyornik's theme. I wish there was a piano in here somewhere, but I am a big fan of that jazzy funk feel and it is very Earthboundy. I have been listening to this song for about an hour now, via replaying it lol. Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FgsHRAUj9c Lol, it's even aptly named Iceberg.

Here is the original if you wanna check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmI93WqFLXQ
    Last edited by Kofii; 15th September 2013 at 3:02 AM.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30u4m4j.png[/IMG] Thanks to Doodles for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Kofii View Post
    So, the next post i do will be Blake's escape from wherever he is. He is there with Shururi and Ari, so if anyone would like him to relay a message to give out to Kyornik, just let me know.
    Actually, no he's not. The location of the kidnapped ones is an entirely separate location from the Starmen's base. Blake would be a special kind of hostage, in that sense. He could have possibly heard about some of the captive ones in the base though. So so far the kidnapped ones include Shurui, Ari, Kat's father (I think), Lucas, President Sanford of Fourside, and Magic of DCMC, along with many pointless NPCs.

When are more people (especially Pir8Heart, Zekshirom, Lost, Beirut, and chihaya01) going to post? Ah well, I'll start working on another post soon anyway.

On another note, you may (or may not) recall me saying that the songs Candy and Andy performed at Club Kousagi were ones that I had written and composed myself, or were in the process of doing so. Well, I have finally put together my version of the Mushroom Song that they performed! Granted, it's me singing it rather than Candy and Andy (and I sound like neither of them), but the music is definitely in their style. If you're too lazy to look them up in the RPG thread, the lyrics are as follows:

Spoiler:- Mushroom Song Lyrics:

Also, with regards to the Posin' Ones... I'm thinking they could be revealed via a news broadcast at some point, probably the next morning or something. Then it can be like a mystery a la "Who the heck is trying to steal our names?!"

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Looking for a missing friend. Not available.

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Max had a demon familiar and she was killed by Morgan. I just want him to be that rogue who is always looking to find revenge but always loses. Kind of like that weird Koopa in Paper Mario that always got stronger every time you fought it.

@Kiruria. That was awesome. Your voice is nice lol. Also, I was looking through the old posts, and he did meet Shururi, albeit it was very brief. It was right before he was attacked by the Mook. So, this does place him in the same place where they are being held. @Chihaya, That's fine for Max to be that way, but Aqua still needs a Posin' One
    Last edited by Kofii; 15th September 2013 at 6:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    Actually, no he's not. The location of the kidnapped ones is an entirely separate location from the Starmen's base. Blake would be a special kind of hostage, in that sense. He could have possibly heard about some of the captive ones in the base though. So so far the kidnapped ones include Shurui, Ari, Kat's father (I think), Lucas, President Sanford of Fourside, and Magic of DCMC, along with many pointless NPCs.
    Oh, so Rocky's father Axel is a "pointless NPC"? I see how it is.

Anyway, that song was actually pretty great, though I think it was more your voice than the silly lyrics that had a hand in it. ^^

I also had an interesting idea for boss/mini boss characters, which once I put some thought into I'll share with you all.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Leo's posin one will probably be really similar to Leo.

Noel

His favorite pony is Rarity where Leo's favorite is Pinkie Pie. His signature Psi is PK Beauty. :P (And I kind of want him and Leo to be friends when this is over...)
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 15th September 2013 at 4:31 PM.

Grounded, so... I can try to get a post up, I suppose.

I'm thinking Rocky's "Posin' One" would actually be the son of another former member of Axel's old band, Thunderclap. Probably the bassist, so he'd use a bass guitar to attack instead of an electric guitar like Rocky.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Whoops, I forgot Rocky's dad had been kidnapped too! He's not a pointless NPC, I swear! Er-hem. Anyway, I have posted again, blah blah blah, and angels and pink elephants have appeared, nothing special... Oh yeah, and here's a note. Since I'm not a royal person, Amanda doesn't have to read it aloud.

Teddy bears play a special role in Earthbound. When someone has one in their inventory, all damage received during a battle gets directed to the teddy bear. However, a teddy bear can only take so much damage before it becomes no more than a big pile of fluff. Interestingly, they also draw PSI and stat-lowering moves, but are unaffected by either of them. So as long as one of the new Chosen Ones doesn't decide to punch the crud out of the one Paula offered just now, it should be just fine.

Also, another note, this time for Monster Guy, Lost, and Beirut (still waiting for the latter two to post). Now is the time for all of you to show off a new PSI technique, this one based off the favourite thing you picked for your character. So Leo now knows PK Cute (or PK Cuteness, whichever), Erukia knows PK White Russian (I still can't get over that name), and Kat knows PK Books. The tricky part is figuring out what those techniques look like. Most of the time, a "PK Favourite" technique manifests as a flurry of some sort of abstract symbol remotely related to the thing (as in Kyornik's PK Nature and also the PK Favourites of both Ness and Lucas in the canon games, all of which are the abstract "psibolts" Kofii describes). But it can also literally be that thing, like Tekina's PK Harp (or music from said harp actually) and Gon's PK Fireworks, and also Amanda's PK Pain. It can even have a healing effect instead like Aqua's Garden, or be something odd and entirely different altogether, like Leo's PK Cute(ness) which is being proposed to be a stampede of colourful ponies.

So Lost and Beirut, do you have any suggestions on you characters' PK Favourite? If you're unsure about it, you can always ask me (or anyone else here) for help.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 17th September 2013 at 7:58 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Teddy bears play a special role in Earthbound. When someone has one in their inventory, all damage received during a battle gets directed to the teddy bear. However, a teddy bear can only take so much damage before it becomes no more than a big pile of fluff. Interestingly, they also draw PSI and stat-lowering moves, but are unaffected by either of them. So as long as one of the new Chosen Ones doesn't decide to punch the crud out of the one Paula offered just now, it should be just fine.
    Leo has his own teddy bear that he sleeps with. xD I doubt he'd allow it to get beaten up like that.

I'm still deciding which form PK Cuteness should take. I'll post something later. When I'm properly awake.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 17th September 2013 at 3:53 PM.

New enemies list:

Sand sniper- Little bird enemies that live on the shores of Summers. They have mini rifles and fire compressed grains of sand. Hurts and pierces like an actual bullet. Also occasionally throw bird mites and are found atop children's sand castles.

Dalamb chops- Psi wielding lambs that live in well, Dalaam. Able to use Pk fire. They naturally breathe fire, and so always smell like lamb chops being cooked. Also known for kung fu chopping folks.

Flying-car-pet-
    so, not your run of the mill enemy. It's a chimera. Based on the well known children's joke. It's a car with wings that can fly and honks with different animal sounds. Most commonly a bird, cat, and dog. it also does a couple of the mannerisms of said animals, like roll over, and lick itself clean. They come in an assortment of colors and vehicle styles. The fourth pet sound it makes is always a mystery pet. It may shoot explosive bubbles to signal it's in fish mode or sudden;y grow a long jaw filled with teeth and attempt to crunch someone and death roll them to signify it's in alligator mode. Just goes to show just about anything can be a pet. Watch out for when it's a pet rock!!!

Psi ideas:

As far as pk books, how about something related to books, like maybe Pk Diction. The psibolts can look like runes or glyphs of some sort and underneath of Kat, a rune shaped like an open book would appear and a flurry of symbols or even words in different languages would batter enemies. Thinking of that one guy from fairy tail who uses words and runes for his spell as well as Minato and his flying thunder god jutsu (So BEAST!!!)

Pk White Russian~ Maybe Erukia can just yell Belyy russkiy!! It's White russian in actual Russian. Definitely Creamy colored geysers erupting from the ground or the air. It's a chilled drink, so type of numbing effect as well as intoxicating due to the strong smell of the vodka. With increased psi levels, the effects and power become stronger as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kofii View Post
    Pk White Russian~ Maybe Erukia can just yell Belyy russkiy!! It's White russian in actual Russian. Definitely Creamy colored geysers erupting from the ground or the air. It's a chilled drink, so type of numbing effect as well as intoxicating due to the strong smell of the vodka. With increased psi levels, the effects and power become stronger as well.
    That sounds interesting! However, I have some bad news. Lost has just informed me that he's been too busy to be able to post in too many RPG's, so he's dropping out. And so that makes the second dark-natured young lady who ends up leaving the Chosen Ones... I'm hoping the same isn't true of Beirut as well... but we'll see.

I'm workin on the avatar thing...might post a new SU for Tekina, cuz this girl is getting a HUGE redesign. It's mostly clothes, but...

Also, manga/anime and stuff is on hold for my other fan series. I might actually wait until the RP is completely done to pick it back up.

EDIT

I diiid iiiiit

Tekina herself~ Her redesign is a bit big XD And no horsey...I couldn't find a good one that wasn't MLP TT-TT

SHURUI!!! I finally reveal her looks! Yeah, her main weapon is knives. Also, FOX 8D

Ooooh, who is this pretty lady? Well, you won't know until much later in the RP, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHA
    Last edited by Zekshirom; 23rd September 2013 at 3:32 AM.
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Shururi reminds me of May from pokemon

I thought of a new enemy!

Crabby Carrier: An overgrown shell fish that carries an overgrown Sea Urchin on its back. It mainly attacks using the Sea Urchin, but can also fight with its claws.
    Last edited by chihaya01; 25th September 2013 at 1:39 AM.

@Kofii and chihaya01: Nice enemy designs! I already know the basic idea for where we'll be in Dalaam tomorrow, but some of the Dalaam enemies can fit in with it. The Dalamb Chops are a good idea, and them wielding fire is bizarre but fitting for what I have in mind. The Magic Car-pets would have been very fitting for Robot City, unless they're intended to be in Dalaam instead, or maybe even Fourside once we get there.

Yeah, I've posted again after the longest time... I apologise for the post being a little rushed, but I just wanted us to get to the point where we can all interact with each other. And so the socialization begins... Meanwhile, Gon goes all metaphysical, Amanda resumes her petty cruelty, and stuff happens with Ari and Shurui (sort of). And I had to find a way for Erukia to disappear.

And I wonder if Beirut is ever gonna post...

EDIT: I updated the Character List at the beginning of the thread, deleting Erukia and Gale from the list, and adding in the new Chosen Ones' PK Favourites and the new song Rocky made up. Since Tekina has one fewer PSI technique than she should, I decided to let her PK Fire technique be more powerful (as indicated by "Beta" on the list). Which reminds me, time for another fun fact/refresher, specifically a Greek lesson:

PSI techniques come in many different levels in the canon games:
    - Alpha is the weakest level, typically the most basic form of the technique that can only work on one enemy (or ally in the case of Lifeup/Shield/Healing/Counter).
    - Beta is the next strongest level. PK Thunder Beta fires two thunderbolts instead of one; other techniques become more powerful (or heal more status conditions in the case of Healing).
    - Gamma is the third strongest level, but can still typically work on only one target (except PK Fire/Thunder). Healing Gamma can revive unconscious targets; Lifeup Gamma will fully restore health.
    - Omega is the strongest level of all. Non-offensive PSI at this level will be able to affect all allies (or enemies in the case of Paralysis/Hypnosis/Brainshock) at once.
    - Sigma is a special level that only applies to Shield, which is still rather weak but affects all allies.
    ** In this RPG, the specific levels of the PSI are a lot more loose, each technique for the most part just getting stronger over time. There may be specific cases where we are blessed by an Archangel or something that will also cause a technique to go up in level, but such levels will otherwise not be explicitly mentioned in this RPG except maybe in the Character List.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 9th October 2013 at 8:44 AM.

I didn't realise that school and life in general has dragged me away for so long. I'll be sure to be active some time this week.

Quote Originally Posted by chihaya01 View Post
    I didn't realise that school and life in general has dragged me away for so long. I'll be sure to be active some time this week.
    Eh, the same thing is happening to me as well. Which is really bad since I'm the GM. But, I promise to have a post up by Friday, even though we've only had two posts since my last one. In the meantime, with the help of Amanda, Lord Passion, the Death Notes, a PSI-Yonara, and the spirit of Gale, I wish you all a happy Halloween.

Like, holy sh!t. Where did I go off to? Promise to update everything I can sometime soon. >=3

Finally UPDATED!

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Gonna update again real soon. Also, Kyornik isn't there with you all, so he never got his present. Also, not to sound ungrateful, but could he get a staff instead? I remember telling you I wanted him to wield staff like weapons in preparation for his final one. If not, could I tweak it so his bat becomes a staff? The staff ties in with his teachings in Dalaam.

Also, I got a new move I was thinking up with him that helps him become more supporty.

Pk Aura-G Zero. He sends out a pulse of aura that levitates enemies into the air. I've been playing a lot of Kingdom Hearts lately and realized how awesome the zero gravity spell is http://www.khwiki.net/File:Zero_Graviga_KHBBS.gif. It basically acts like the pokemon move telekinesis. It raises enemies into the air, so they are no longer by ground based moves like pk ground, but they are also unable to move while levitated. Making just about all attacks they receive 100% accurate. By move, I mean they won't be able to move out of the way. They can still cast psi at us and hurl projectiles.

Guess I should be glad that y'all were such slowpokes with the plot, it gives me a chance to jump back in again!

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast