Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

Derp derp, my bad Zekshirom! I totally didn't see your post there. I'll pay more attention next time, even though I should've paid more attention the first time!

Yay! We now have a queasy one! XD Funny how between the group's Tomboy and Girly-Girl, the Tomboy is the cook. XD

Now for Gale to deny that she actually cooks. XD It's bad for her image, but it's her passion. XD I gave her the image of someone who would enjoy art or design, so nobody would suspect that she's actually quite the cook. XD

It's a common theme of mine to put seemingly-badass characters in the kitchen. They're the last people you'd expect in front of a stove and serving meals...but they do! XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Just to let everyone know something. The charm Uma gave Tekina is a golden, horse shaped charm.
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by *Jean Grey* View Post
    It's a common theme of mine to put seemingly-badass characters in the kitchen. They're the last people you'd expect in front of a stove and serving meals...but they do! XD
    So true. Come to think of it, I was just learning in my biology class about Typhoid Mary, a cook who infected many people with typhoid fever just by handling food. She was released from jail on the condition that she not work with food, but did anyway, infecting more people. Yup, badass cooks FTW.

Anyway, it's that time again: time to move the plot along! About now our group goes sky high, and... runs into trouble already.

@Raiden193: You still have a chance to enter the Skyrunner Mark II with everyone else, as do Daylight and Magikarpenter. If you're planning on grabbing onto the Skyrunner from the outside a la Mother 3, it won't work, for there'll be a whole lotta shaking going on.

@Sluggy: Okay, but you still have to take only one item from the closet. Please follow the Mr. Saturn's advice at the beginning of my post. Yeah, that's right, I just posted! Hurray!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumatora from Mother 3
    I dunno if I'd say "hurray" just yet...
    Last edited by Kiruria; 21st March 2012 at 11:12 PM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Uhh, none besides the one below.
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

... ...

Okay.
    Last edited by Pir8Heart; 23rd March 2012 at 3:02 AM. Reason: I surrender

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

So, I was thinking about the magic butterflies. Kyornik's gonna learn pk freeze now, but basically used up his pp by using pk aura

Also, About the upgraded levels of the psi

Pk aura Beta
    will be able to lift several objects, as well as add a new ability I call rend. To better aura's use, I read a bit on some of the use of telekinesis on Star Wars. For Pk aura beta, I'd like to use rend. basically, it works by moving an object in two directions simultaneously, producing a cut. This is similar to the dreadful quartering punishment that used to be done to African slaves via horses. it used by making psi bolts appear on Kyornik's index and middle fingers on both hands and he moves his hands in opposite directions causing the targeted area to split in a cut

Pk aura Gamma
    will lift heavier object, Rend will cut deeper and be able to cut with one pair of fingers.This is similar to how Yoshimori casts a kekkai in Kekkaishi. A new ability called pulse will be usable. With this, Kylornik will send out a destructive pulse of telekinetic energy that radiates out from his body or he'll be able to condense it into a ball and hurl it so as to not hurt his friends. He'll also gain Crush. This power let him telekinetically crush objects, bones, and bend metal. Works very effectively on robotic enemies and because of its gruesomeness, kyornik doesn't like to use this on organic opponents.

Pk aura Omega
    is the most powerful version of this Psi. With this, he can can lift several objects the size and weight of a school bus and send it flying at high speeds. The Rend ability will cause very deep cuts with just a thought and and a glance at the intended target and crush will be even more powerful. He can crush things from the inside, like say a fuel source or the engine for a robotic enemy. The pulse will turn into the Obliterat pulse. With this, Kyornik creates rings of Psi around his body. (Thinks of Ness' Psi magent from smash bros brawl) The rings then grow larger and pulse out in a very wide area. (think shaymin's seed flare) The Psi is very destructive, because it moves the atoms and molecules from the target. This basically disintegrates them into nothing. This also works on energy. Jean Grey did this in the x men movie as well as Darth Vader's apprentice.

Pk freeze alpha
    So yeah, the Winters polar bear is finally learning it XD. Because this Psi was passed onto by a guardian animal, this version of Pk freeze is different than what Kyornik would of realized normally. He definitely has the potential to learn many forms of Psi, but Atka just sped up the process a little bit. So, Kyornik's Pk freeze alpha doesn't actually freeze opponents. With this ability, he creates two blue Psi bolts that flash and a snowflake forms. (He casts it just like Lucas does in Brawl). He targets one enemy and the Psi bolt disappears. From that, Katabatic winds blowing at at about 100 mph descend on the opponent and chills them to the bone causing frostbite and numbing. As far as ice, the enemy is coated in frost. (Think of this like Kyurem's glaciate)

Katabatic winds are very powerful winds that can blow at Hurricane forces. They form from the cooler air descending downward because it is denser than warm air. When it comes down, it can move at really high speeds similar to pyroclastic flow of ash from volcanoes. The name of Mistralton City stems from a famous Katabatic wind in France called the Mistral. The one Kyornik uses is similar to the Pierquot. Not sure if I spelled it correctly, as it's an Inuit name. It blows in Greenland and is cold enough to freeze penguins to death. Saw this on the discovery planet documentary Frozen Planet

Pk freeze beta
    This is the first version where ice is actually freezes enemies. Kyornik creates the Snowflake again with two blue psi bolts and hurls it at the opponent. The Snowflake spins as it is casted and forms a katabatic wind vortex that surrounds it. (If you've played Megaman starforce 3, Diamond ice uses this) The cold instantly freezes the opponent, but if it misses or the enemy dodges it, Kyornik can set it to stop. The Katabatic winds will then spin like a vortex sucking the intended target into until it is captured. After they are frozen, the Psi will implode and cut the target with shards of ice. (This is very similar to Lightning's blizzara spell in Final Fantasy Dissidia duodecim)

Pk Freeze Gamma
    With this Psi, Kyornik causes 6 giant icicles to jut out of the ground and pierces the enemy.The largest icicle occurs directly under the opponent and the rest either converge upon it or just jut out in the hopes of hitting another opponent. Think of Aqua's ice barrage from Kingdon Hearts Birth By sleep and the Black Uranus pin from the World Ends With You) He uses the Psi by forming one giant blue Psi bolt to flash followed by 6 hexagonal snowflakes to form in front of his palm that he slams to the ground. The icicles are very cold to the touch and can cause frostbite and instant freezing. The ice also erodes life quickly, acting as a brumal poison

Pk freeze Omega
    Strongest of the freeze Psi and destroys life on the cellular level. Kyornik holds his right arm with his left and slightly crouches. Arctic air then swirls around him and quickly chills the air. His entire body pulses out with bitter cold and a giant ice orca erupts from beneath Kyornik and flies at the opponent while shrieking a predatory cry. The orca then engulfs the opponent in its icy maw and devours the victim. The cold is 200 degrees below 0 and crystalizes cells until they shatter and turn into diamond dust.

Psi continued: So, with Kyornik's Psi, he utilizes psi bolts in all of them. They are all color coded to signify which one he's using. Normal colored ones=Pk aura, Silver=Healing, Green=life up, Yellow with electric sparks=Thunder, Blue/Cerulean=Pk Freeze, Indigo=Psi magnet

Pk nature= Golden diamonds

Pk thunder alpha
    So, with this Psi I'll stay true to the randomness of it but only on the alpha level. With Pk thunder alpha, an electrified Psi bolt will flash in the sky above random enemy or area and a yellow bolt of lightning will descend upon the opponent. Kyornik initiates this by shouting the name and snapping his fingers.

Pk thunder beta
    Beta will wield control, but not full control. With this one he also gains a new ability called electrocute. So, Beta will call down 4 bolts of lightning. He flashes 4 Psi bolts that appear on all four sides of the opponents, the front, back, left, and right. The bolts then converge onto the enemies like a cage and strikes them. (Think of Terra's Thundara spell from Dissidia) The electrocute ability lets him take the electricity that is contained within an object and guide it to shock an enemy. Very weak at this level, only gives a minor shock.

Pk thunder Gamma
    Grants him 3 new abilities to utilize. One is the Spark bolts. With this, he hurls electrified psi bolts at opponents to damage them. (Ness' electrified attacks in melee are basically what these are). Then is the powerful Lightning Line. Kyornik waves his hand in front of him, and 5 bolts of lightning crash along the path. He uses this move just like how Lucas uses his f-tilt. Lucas swats his had across, and pk love erupts along the path and jolts opponents. Kyornik swings his hand in the same way, and the Psi bolts flash out in a similar path, but it purely for aesthetics. The Lightning bolts that strike along the path are what devastates the enemy. The last one is Lightning ray. With this, he cups his hands together and fires a tremendous beam of lightning capable of piercing straight through enemies. laced wthin the blast, are psi bolts that explode in conjunction to blasting the opponent.

Pk thunder Omega
    Upgrades the power of the electrocute ability and give Kyornik the ability to use Bio electricity to attack opponents.He amplifies the power by taking into consideration the change in membrane potential of cells. The change in potential gives off very weak electrical charges, but with Omega he can amplify it 10 fold. basically causing an enemie's body to shock itself. The lightning Line makes 7 bolts fall now and also adds a line that goes forward with 9 bolts falling. He casts the forward line by slamming his palm on the ground (Think of Thunder spell from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 or Kefka's Lickity split thundaga in Dissidia) Lastly, he can call down several large bolts of blue lightning to continuously strike several opponents followed by one MASSIVE one to obliterate them into dust. Think of Lightning's Thunder fall from dissidia duodecim and Sveta's Storm ray from Golden Sun Dark Dawn). Kyornik casts the Psi by Raising his right hand into the air with his palm open and facing forward. A psi bolt flashes as well as an orb of discharging lightning (Think of thundaga casting animation of Kingdom hearts 2) followed by the aforementioned attack.

Pk nature and some support psi are next
    Last edited by coolminun; 2nd April 2012 at 10:16 PM.

I think we need to do something to improve the momentum altough I am not so sure how to do that. Maybe it is time for the Spacerunner to crash?
    Last edited by Soaring Pikachu; 27th March 2012 at 6:17 PM.

I edited my post for corrections, and I think I made it sound to bunnyish, so I fixed it.

@Raiden193, Magikarpenter, and Daylight: I'm still waiting on you three to post.

@coolminun: Nice ideas! We'll all be learning new PSI after my next post, so hang in there for just a bit longer... Oh, and by "next post", I don't mean the one I posted a few minutes ago.

@Soaring Pikachu: Wish granted. The Skyrunner Mark II has... not quite crashed, but landed at the very least.

Now let's go kick some Foppy butt! Actually, kicking any part of a Foppy will do. Oh, and just for fun, here's a recap of our battle with the UFO's.

Spoiler:- Earthboundy Battle Commentary:

Coming up next is an encounter with another important person, learning some new PSI, and finally finding civilization... well sort of.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Ok, I made the time traveling a daydream or nightmare or hallucination or something.

Wow, we'll meet Hinanwa. Will we meet up with those ufos again? I also edited my Psi post to add the others. still working on new ideas

Hmm, I never imagined how so many of us mentioned dreams in our posts... Wow, you guys are getting more creative in your posts than I thought! It's almost making my own posts sound bland by comparison... Well anyway, thanks to Zekshirom and coolminun for posting. I kinda wish more people would post as well though... makes me wish more people had signed up or something. Oh well--if Ness and Lucas had only three friends accompanying them (two in Lucas' case, since one party member was a dog), I guess it's not bad if we have a small party...

Oh and by the way, to everyone who has not posted yet, you're welcome to make any creative intro you want--as long as it doesn't involve big machines or powerful PSI or huge explosions or anything unreasonable like that. Some suggestions might be:
    - Have your character and their animal accidentally teleport to the sunflower field instead of Saturn Valley
    - Your character simply went along for the ride in the Skyrunner Mark II and did nothing to fight the UFO's
    - Your character did something about the UFO's, but their actions didn't impact the battle that much
    - Helping Pilot Saturn with the broken Skyrunner Mark II

I'll have my next post up in a little while. You might say there's a Sanctuary boss coming up! And yes, I'm glad someone paid attention to chapter 6 of Mother 3... you can almost say this part of the RPG is based off of that, only with no Lucas present. And there's more to Hinawa than you might think... you'll see what I mean in my next post.

I also notice no one else is fighting any Foppies. Well, they're kinda uninteresting, so that's not surprising. As for the UFO's, we won't be seeing them again for quite a while, since they mainly patrol the sky and we'll be stuck on the ground for a while. In fact, there will be a bunch more enemies appearing in a little while.

Also, do any of you guys feel like this RPG is running too quickly, too slowly, not enough enemies appearing, things changing too quickly, or anything like that? Any suggestions to improve this RPG would be much appreciated, for I really want this RPG to continue moving along.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 8th April 2012 at 5:17 AM.

My guys is fighting Foppies. Anyway, this is fun. I hope for more clockwork inventions with Diego. Anyway, his story with his lack of PSI would be interesting, especially if they try to unlock it and unleash a PSI DX. Very bad news.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

I really enjoy and look forward to this everyday, checking almost 10 times a day. I think the plot is advancing at a nice pace but i wish people would post more as well. The plot is moving at a nice pace, but I know it must be a little frustrating trying to expand and get the plot moving when people don't post.

Yes, characters without PSI tend to be very interesting--the canon ones most certainly were *cough Duster cough Jeff cough* and tended to have very interesting abilities otherwise. Which in Diego's case is clockwork and in Santana's case is the Miracle Voice and junkyard shenanigans.

Oh no no, I'm not saying that the PSI users are uninteresting! (Yako in all his manliness would totally punch me for saying that.)

Hmm, the lack of posting is a bit of a complication... I was initially glad to have so many people signing up, because at some point later in the RPG I was planning on having the group split up into three separate groups for a while. But now that there are fewer people posting, I highly doubt we'll end up doing that, which will make this RPG longer... Ah well, that can be a good thing.

I have one more RPG to catch up in, and then I'll post here again before Kyornik dies.

/Good to know. I hope you mean Echo of Time >.>... Anyway, would you consider something where the Starman attempt to use Diego's dormant PSI and unleash DX? He'd be like a manifestation of PSI. If left unchecked, he could become the next Gigyas though not being stupid, but malicious. If not, that's all right.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

That actually sounds pretty awesome. As i read the post, I thought about him becoming the next giygas before reading the later part of the post. Maybe even using the dreaded Pk hex. Out of all the characters, I found Diego to be the most intriguing. An evil split personality that unlocks the potential of Psi sounds very creative. Could definitely see some personality dominance fights, and trust/fear issues between him and the others if DX were to resurface and start attacking everyone with Psi. Just the thought is exciting lol

As for the constant checking of the thread, I do it because this is my first RPG thread and probably the closest thing I've ever been to a fan fiction. I look forward to it like I look forward to a new manga chapter every Friday, but it's even better because it can be updated almost everyday, I get to put my own little two cents in to add, I get to listen to the writing of other members of the forums, and its a lot of fun getting to know what the imagination of others is like.

So yes, please post before I die XD
    Last edited by coolminun; 9th April 2012 at 8:50 PM.

@DVB: Interesting idea. A Starman unlocking it? Eh, I dunno. We won't even be encountering Starmen for quite a while--it's not like they go around attacking people all the time. With Giygas gone, they have no incentive to do such things anymore. However, I'm beginning to think of another way DX can come out... and the fact that Diego just happens to have the music box fits perfectly well with it. Once I finish this idea, I'll PM it to you or something. Or maybe I'll just keep it secret. *evil grin*

And yes, that "other RPG" was in fact Echo of Time. I just posted in that, so now there's nothing keeping me from posting in this RPG... oh my!

Oh wait, scratch that--we will be encountering Starmen at some earlier point, except their identity as Starmen will not be obvious... *shuts up*

I would say to let everyone go crazy wild with creativity. Earthbound is a random and quirky kind of universe and we should use that to our advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by coolminun View Post
    That actually sounds pretty awesome. As i read the post, I thought about him becoming the next giygas before reading the later part of the post. Maybe even using the dreaded Pk hex. Out of all the characters, I found Diego to be the most intriguing. An evil split personality that unlocks the potential of Psi sounds very creative. Could definitely see some personality dominance fights, and trust/fear issues between him and the others if DX were to resurface and start attacking everyone with Psi. Just the thought is exciting lol

As for the constant checking of the thread, I do it because this is my first RPG thread and probably the closest thing I've ever been to a fan fiction. I look forward to it like I look forward to a new manga chapter every Friday, but it's even better because it can be updated almost everyday, I get to put my own little two cents in to add, I get to listen to the writing of other members of the forums, and its a lot of fun getting to know what the imagination of others is like.

So yes, please post before I die XD
    Never made it far in an RPG for DX to cause trouble so we will see here. Well, there was the Dragoon one. Well, DX can't come out and it is connected to why DVB can't use PSI. When the experiment went awry and Diego headbutted the equipment, the severe voltage and energy kinda locked his powers as if they were unlocked, DX could take over, or even expunge himself from Diego as a living ghost of PSI. Diego himself wouldn't become a Giygas like figure, though DX is a different matter. Made out malevolent thought and restrained negative impulses, he is Hyde to Diego's Jekyll.

@Soaring Pikachu: Good idea. Very good idea. Again you read my mind. Of course, even the randomness has some logic to it, though the logic is crazy at times.

Okay, my post is now up! I apologise for the length of my latest posts--I guess there was a lot of info I wanted to include! Hopefully this upcoming scene will allow me to make shorter posts, since it will be basically wandering and battles. So now everyone can learn a new PSI technique! Everyone except Diego that is. Do what you want with the magic butterflies, though they're very easy to kill. Be careful if you want to try capturing one--I think Gon's will die pretty quickly.

So this next part of the RPG requires a little bit of imagination. Wander around the garden and decide which of the enemies listed will appear. Sounds simple, right? Also, you'll notice that two of the enemies in the list are completely original, one's straight out of Earthbound (the Mobile Sprout), and one's straight out of Mother 3 (the Pigtunia). The Foppy was straight out of Earthbound too, though here they got turned into magic butterflies somehow. You may add whatever little details to these enemies you like, as long as you don't give them abilities other than basic physical attacks and what I specified in their descriptions. For example, it's okay to have a Mobile Sprout kick you, but not to have it use PSI or something. The only enemies that can use PSI here are the Mobile Sprouts, which just use PSI Magnet to drain your PSI powers.

(PSI Magnet is a PSI technique that has not been mentioned in my PSI list, as the ability is slightly advanced for people to use. It will become an option for new obtainable PSI later.)

Kyornik's life was saved. And he got healed for free as well. I'll edit the Character List with everyone's new PSI as people decide on it--so far I have Kyornik with PK Freeze and Gon with Lifeup.

So this is your first RPG, coolminun? Wow. All I can say is, you're making much better posts than what I did when I first started RPing. I know you're still getting the hang of RPG rules and such down, but you seem to be learning well.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 10th April 2012 at 5:00 AM.

Actually, can we have them use life up as well? According to memory and earthbound wiki, they can also use life up alpha.
    Last edited by coolminun; 10th April 2012 at 5:22 AM.

I apologize, now I have posted for once.

@coolminun: Yes, you're right, the Mobile Sprouts can use Lifeup... That never happened to me when I played Earthbound (PSI Magnet was WAY more common, those annoying bastards) as far as I remember, so I guess I overlooked it. I'll go edit that, it'll make those things harder to defeat. *chuckle*

@Raiden193: Yay! I'm glad to see you're still interested in this RPG! Oh wait--I haven't read your post yet. *goes to read the post*

EDIT: I read your post. Hahaha, I'm starting to really love Mic. Although now you have to make another post in response to what I just posted before you! You can wait a little while on that one if you want, though.

@Everyone: I have updated the Character Lists with Gon and Kyornik's new PSI, finally changed Calvin's favourite animal to the turtle, and added Hinawa to the NPC list. I also updated the Plot Summary.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 10th April 2012 at 5:32 AM.

YOU LIEK???

Santana's a "bad b!tch", ripping up flowers and sh!t.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast