Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

So how many counterparts are there? Amanda appears to have her usual self, the 'normal' version and her evil version.

Diego will probably be the same. Having himself, Dexter and a counterpart whom was born as a normal person

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

@Monster Guy: Healing will work too. The herb is an alternative for those who don't know it.

@Soaring Pikachu: There's always some way for the Chosen Ones to get out... For example, in Earthbound, you had to defeat the creature responsible for causing the hallucinations (true of both the Mani Mani statue and Ness' Nightmare in Moonside and Magicant, respecively). In Mother 3, one of the Magypsies woke everyone up. In this RPG... well, let me just reassure you that there is a way, and it will reveal itself when the time comes.

@DVB: Amanda's struggling with an evil influence, so there's her good form and her evil form. Then there's her Posin' One, who is a different person altogether and is based on her good form. Likewise, Diego has a good form and an evil form (the latter is named Dexter), and also a Posin' One (Ogeid) who's a totally separate person. I'm pretty sure Diego and Amanda are the only two Chosen Ones who have such forms... though everyone has a Posin' One.

Also, I've been having a dilemma lately on what to do with the story. I thought about it because I've heard a few of you wanting to get to the end of this RPG. I kind of agree (this RPG has been going on for almost two years, after all--can you believe it?). Especially with a lot of members going inactive, there's this fear inside me that the RPG might die before it can end because of this. However, there's also the matter of Monster Guy, who arrived in the RPG late, and I don't want him to miss out on too much. After Dalaam, we have only three places left to visit: Summers, Scaraba, and Eagleland, each containing the remaining music box pieces.

There was also a thought I had earlier in this RPG about skipping a continent or two to help move things along. Most of you seemed to disagree with doing that, but I will pose the question once more. If we did, the country I was gonna skip was Scaraba. I do have an important plot event scheduled to happen in Scaraba (hint: it involves a discovery about the Starmen), but that can be moved to Summers if need be, and I can just do a timeskip or something saying the Chosen Ones found another music box piece in Scaraba, and we can all make up our little tales about how that happened or something. Or, we can just forget about that whole idea and just play Scaraba out in full. Which do you prefer?

(And also, I was originally planning to have the arcs in Sunrise and Dalaam happen on different days, but decided to condense them into one day to save time.)
    Last edited by Kiruria; 4th February 2014 at 4:08 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Oh good, I've been wanting to have Leo heal someone. Amanda needed a hug anyway. xD

Because I'm the newbie, I think I'll let the others answer. ^^
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

If our group was still big like in the beginning, I would vote for the longer story but with it being smaller now, my vote goes for speed. (I am sure the kidnap victims would also appreciate that)

Kiruria?

Do what you think is best.

Honestly, even though it isn't possible...I want this to never end. It's so fun...

Then again...who said anything about not having a sequel? ;D We'd have to think about it pretty hard, but it COULD happen!

And Soaring? The groups still a fair size, so honestly, I'd say a normal speed is perfectly fine. Let's not rush it, but let's also not take a TON of time to finish.

I even have an idea for my own Earthbound series RP.
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    @DVB: Amanda's struggling with an evil influence, so there's her good form and her evil form. Then there's her Posin' One, who is a different person altogether and is based on her good form. Likewise, Diego has a good form and an evil form (the latter is named Dexter), and also a Posin' One (Ogeid) who's a totally separate person. I'm pretty sure Diego and Amanda are the only two Chosen Ones who have such forms... though everyone has a Posin' One.
    Yeah. We know Diego and his dark side, Dexter. Then we have Ogeid, which is Diego minus the insanity. Literally, it is probably how I would be if I wasn't born with Aspergers' Syndrome. I'd still be empathetic, but do a much better job at showing it while more confident, self-assured and fit. Probably not as smart, but still pretty smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    Also, I've been having a dilemma lately on what to do with the story. I thought about it because I've heard a few of you wanting to get to the end of this RPG. I kind of agree (this RPG has been going on for almost two years, after all--can you believe it?). Especially with a lot of members going inactive, there's this fear inside me that the RPG might die before it can end because of this. However, there's also the matter of Monster Guy, who arrived in the RPG late, and I don't want him to miss out on too much. After Dalaam, we have only three places left to visit: Summers, Scaraba, and Eagleland, each containing the remaining music box pieces.

There was also a thought I had earlier in this RPG about skipping a continent or two to help move things along. Most of you seemed to disagree with doing that, but I will pose the question once more. If we did, the country I was gonna skip was Scaraba. I do have an important plot event scheduled to happen in Scaraba (hint: it involves a discovery about the Starmen), but that can be moved to Summers if need be, and I can just do a timeskip or something saying the Chosen Ones found another music box piece in Scaraba, and we can all make up our little tales about how that happened or something. Or, we can just forget about that whole idea and just play Scaraba out in full. Which do you prefer?

(And also, I was originally planning to have the arcs in Sunrise and Dalaam happen on different days, but decided to condense them into one day to save time.)
    I don't mind paying out in full. I'm having fun and that's the point, all of us enjoying ourselves.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

While I partially agree with Zekshirom and DVB, I must also disagree. I can only speak for the character that I represent (Bowie) but I can tell you that his motivation is to find the bad aliens, bash them into submission (if needed) and bring home as many hostages as possible. Yes, it is nice to be in an active/ semi active RP but we should not forget to control our characters as if their lives depended on it. (LOL at how serious that sounds)

If everyone is mostly comfortable with the current pace then that is fine too though.

Finally updated. I decided to introduce us to the 3rd D that we're gonna see. Well, he's more of an O, but ya know what I mean. Not sure if we're allowed to do this, but I thought why not?

I don't see the post...
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

Just sent, dude. So, where do we go from here? How do we escape Wackyland?

Oh look, Amanda isn't the only one with daddy issues. :P

Someone summarize everything for me real quick so I can post.

Most of the chosen ones have entered a parallel world called Dalooni while some of the others are scattered about elsewhere. Meanwhile, Bowie is on his way to Quetzal to put an end to the Starmen menace but it could take him a very long time to get there and it could be an even longer time before the rest of the Chosen ones arrive.

Will our heroes be able to triumph in the end?

Will our heroes be able to triumph in the end?
    Don't they always? xD

@chihaya01: It's just as Soaring Pikachu said, pretty much. Let's see, you last posted when we were still on Mt. Itoi, right? Well, first we all flew on pink elephants to Dalaam. When we got there, we met up with Leo and the other new Chosen Ones... though it's probably only Leo at this point, since the owners of all the other newbies have gone inactive. Then Dr. Andonuts played Santa Claus and gave us all presents; Aqua got a new wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria
    "First, this one is for Aqua." [Dr. Andonuts] handed Aqua a cylindrical present. When she opened it, it turned out to contain a silver wand, with a clear crystal bubble at one end, and with a heavy metal stub at the other end. The whole thing was rather bulky, about half as long as she was tall, more the size of a twirling baton, but heavier.
    "This is the Water Wand, for lack of a better name," Dr. Andonuts commented. "To be honest, I'm not an expert in the design of magical items, so I had to do quite some intensive research into the magical properties of water. You'll find your pendant will fit right into the tip, and for extra pizazz, I made it so the tip lights up when you want it to. The other end of the wand should be good for whacking things, kind of like a club."
    We all had supper afterward, which consisted of everyone's favourite food. During the meal, the second storyteller (Avis) told us the story of the Old World, about the universal cosmic destroyer Giygas, about how Ness and friends defeated him, about the mysterious motives of the Starmen, and how Giygas' influence may still be present in a way. Then she gave us all Magic Cake Pops for dessert. After eating these, things went all wacky and we were all of a sudden in Dalooni, a weird alternate Dalaam. The sky was purple, the grass was green, the moon was bigger than normal... and we were faced with the bizarre new enemies called Eerie Smiles. People close to us showed up as Purple Cultists, for some reason, trying to be nice to us... but as of my most recent post, they just revealed themselves as more Eerie Smiles, so we're dealing with them now. If you look closely at one or two of my posts, you might notice that I tried to include Aqua in the battle against the first three Eerie Smiles... You might want to take a look at the Plot Summary, NPC List (specifically Prince Rama and Avis), and Enemy Index at the beginning of this thread as well.

As for the Eerie Smiles, they only take one or two hits before turning into either a Moonwalkin' Mushroom, Dalamb Chop, Tangoo, or Potted Ghost. Specific enemy info (such as which attacks they use) can be found at the end of this post.

@DVB: Like I said to Soaring Pikachu, there is a way out of Dalooni, which will present itself after we're done dealing with the Eerie Smiles.

Regarding the country-skipping issue: I kind of already set it up, but I think we can still have it where we can still visit all the countries.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 26th February 2014 at 8:03 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Last edited by Monster Guy; 26th February 2014 at 5:58 PM.

Not dead. Slightly unhinged, but not dead. I can still post.

Side-note; anyone else excited for Mother 4? :3

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

DUDE

MOTHER 4

BEST FANGAME EVER

I DON'T CARE IF IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN RELEASED YET, IT'S STILL THE BEST FANGAME.

Not saying game in all. that belongs to etrian odyssey untold thank u very much

Also, I think Aniket has a complex when it comes to Kinroyk...just sayin.
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Just gotta' wait for the rest of the year. :S

I most likely won't be able to start sketching up a new post right away. I'm practicing this thing called "setting priorities" which I'm really bad at. XP

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Hey everyone. Not dead. Had to edit my post, because the one I made was while I was at work. Hope introducing Sir and Lady Boing is ok. I did have them set up to meet with Kyornik in Dalaam, but with this arc not bein as long as I thought it would've, I just threw them in.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30u4m4j.png[/IMG] Thanks to Doodles for the awesome banner

Yeah sure, that's fine. Plus, the part about Sir and Lady Boing speaking like normal people makes sense since they're appearing in Dalooni. I imagine they'd talk like ordinary Mr. Saturns once Dalooni disappears.

As for Mother 4... I am excited. Though in addition, throughout this RPG, I kept imagining what it would be like as a video game... and technically it would be Mother 4, because it takes place right after the events of Mother 3.

On another note, anyone else wish a trampoline moon existed in real life? XD Actually, I did include a reference in there, but it's not to an Earthbound game. The rabbit that appeared in yesterday's post is based of the Japanese Moon Rabbit, a legendary rabbit who appears in the moon and makes mochi. Except in this case the mochi was replaced with star bits... wait, aren't those the candy things Lumas eat in Super Mario Galaxy? XD
    Last edited by Kiruria; 14th March 2014 at 8:51 PM.

Yeah, I caught the rabbit reference. I think that is what sylveon is supposed to modeled after. Some princess of the moon's rabbit. Well actually, as for the Saturns. They speak that way naturally. They both went to college and got their degrees. They are a little snooty to other Saturns because they don't talk normally lol. But, we can put a spin on it that Dr. Andonuts invented some type of device that makes their way of speaking sound normal. Also, I'm going to formally introduce Lieutenant Luvin in my next post. In case you were wondering, he is Luvina's twin brother.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30u4m4j.png[/IMG] Thanks to Doodles for the awesome banner

Actually, I think I heard somewhere that it's the Azumarill line that's based on moon rabbits. I could be wrong though.

I have heard about Mother 4, although I personally would have preferred if it had been named Earthbound 2, or is it Earthbound 3? (maybe 4?)

Can't wait for mother 4. Have a subscription to the site, so I'll get the email when it comes out to download it.

Lieutenant Luvin is the older twin brother of Luvina. Both of them grew up in a household of cultists. There ancestor is Mr. Carpainter. After he disbanded the Happy Happy Cult when Ness defeated him and lost possession of the Mani Mani statue, there were still a few of his children that believed his views to be righteous and still promoted the cult in secret. Throughout the years the cult spread and new adaptations were implemented. Luvina was always the Black sheep of the family and rejected the color purple. The new cult chose purple instead of blue, because they saw it as purple is a mix of blue and red and so is still pure while having red within is more lively and thus transcends them to a higher level. Luvina was cast out of the cult and family as a heretic and she formed the cult of Black. It still has the same beliefs as the others, but a different color. Something about her playing Pokemon white too much and believing that she was a zekrom in her past life as is going to spread ideals over the world.

Edit: Also, all this lightning falling is giving me an idea. I was thinking about introducing the franklin badge here. Actually it would be called the Franklin broach and is clipped onto Lady Boing's dress. It would be given to Gon after the battle with Luvin, which would not be very long as I'm thinking about him trying the "intense burst of lightning" attack and basically frying himself lol. Lady Boing also has a thing for Gon't real name and calls him Hiro kun with a british accent
    Last edited by Kofii; 28th March 2014 at 3:28 PM.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast