Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

Oh no, Hinawa will be furious! Actually, no, she won't, given the TONS of flowers in the field. If they were the sunflowers on her grave... well then she might be.

Hmm, provided more people post, this group is actually quite a good size. Nine people in total, if you don't count the characters controlled by people who haven't posted yet. *cough Daylight cough Magikarpenter cough* I think I'll just kick them out after a while...

EDIT: Arrgh, turns out I made a small mistake in an enemy introduction. In Earthbound, Foppies are red. Stronger versions of them are called Fobbies, which are orange. Foppy, Fobby... same difference. Perhaps we can say the sun just made the sunflower field ones look orange, or maybe they're special because they turn into magic butterflies. But still... my bad.

EDIT2: But anyway, I updated the Enemy Index as well. Read it for some laughs--I tried to format the descriptions much like the Earthbound Strategy Guide descriptions and the Mother 3 Battle Memory descriptions. Although I got a little lazy and copy-and-pasted the battle descriptions from those sources for canon enemies.

EDIT3: Gosh, I can't stop making edits. Anyway, I just want to bring back to light the fact that you may come up with your own enemy designs if you feel so compelled to. These cannot be done for current areas (it's too late to design Jardin de Colores enemies), but any enemies for possible future areas will do. It's not required by any of you, and I certainly don't expect anyone to do it, but it's just a fun possibility. In case anyone's interested, I currently have plans for the next enemy locations we encounter to be a whimsical world up in the clouds, and then a music room. Yup, expect to encounter crazy situations in this RPG. And we WILL travel to all the continents in this RPG, so any location in any of them could be a location we visit.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 10th April 2012 at 6:30 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Uhh, none besides the one below.
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

So, we can make up enemies? And you might use them in the RPG?

Awesome!

Also, is there a chance we might visit Kaishi Village? I'm sure the villagers would like to see Tekina again.
    Last edited by Zekshirom; 10th April 2012 at 8:05 PM.
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Well, hmm... While it is true that we'll be visiting all seven continents in the RPG, Eagleland happens to be the one we'll travel to last (before entering the rainforest of course), and we probably won't be anywhere near Kaishi Village when we do. But don't worry, I'll make sure there's some way for everyone to return briefly to their homes. In fact, I think I know of a perfect time to do so... so stay tuned!

And I'm still contemplating on whether to do the splitting into three groups later on in the RPG... I guess it will depend on how many people are active then, as well as your opinions on the matter.

EDIT: I will likely be away from my computer for a couple of days thanks to this convention I'm going to. I'll be able to post again on Saturday evening. Until then, don't be afraid to have your character encounter enemies from the list I posted. I guess everyone wants to keep their characters nice and safe, something I would have expected only from Daylight if he's still around.

And Soaring Pikachu... don't go anywhere, I have something planned for Bowie. Ah, what the heck. I'm done with his part of my next post, so I'll just post it now and post Gon's part later. I think Bowie is starting to fulfill the role of "wrong-way tester". The Wrong-Way Tester sees what happens if you go toward a place you're not supposed to go. In the Earthbound/Mother series, the results can be funny sometimes, so they're often worth testing out.

And finally, in case you guys didn't notice, I updated my user title and location for this RPG, just for laughs. I'll probably be updating it throughout the RPG... just because I'm crazy and all. My current user title makes a reference to the Merrygolds.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 13th April 2012 at 8:57 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Yup, thats me! As long as there are some warning signs, I think I will be able to avoid getting myself killed. (probably)
    Last edited by Soaring Pikachu; 13th April 2012 at 3:34 PM.

Well, so far all you have is two groups of goofy gangsters telling you to go away. The worst that can happen is that Bowie will be painted green. And yes, I am well aware of the fact that the Insane Cultists from Earthbound worshipped blue, not green. There is a reason behind the Cult of Green's existence... well maybe. And for those of you familiar with Mother 3, you can be assured that the Pigmasks won't pose much of a threat this time around. In this RPG, they don't even look like soldiers like they used to.

And I finally made Gon's post, sorry for the delay. This game officially stinks now, just like Earthbound.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 20th April 2012 at 8:51 AM.

Could somebody else PLEASE respond to Tekina singing? I'm sure Kyornik would like it. (nudge nudge, wink wink)

Yeah, I'm crazy. AND I JUST WOKE UP!!!!!!!!!!
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Let me see if there are things I can liven up here. In the meanwhile, I am sure some of you have other RPGs you need to update...

XP

Hope everyone is doing great

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Oh man, are we gonna meet Master belch? I also have a question about Hinawa's psi gift. Since Kyornik was already in the realization process of pk freeze before she granted the gift is it possible that Kyornik could learn Healing as his gift. I was originally thinking about him learning both freeze and Healing at the same time so he can heal off the frostbite and gangrene he gets from the process, but that sounded a bit greedy. I know Lucas learned like 3 or 4 psi after he was in the hot springs with Ionia, so it might not be that bad if I have 3. Especially since nobody else can use healing and Gon and Kyornik could be like the walking hospital I heal status you heal strength. Your decision, whatever you decide i'm fine with.

Are any aspects from mother 1 going to be in this? Was thinking about the secrets of Psi discovered by Ninten's grandpa, George, and his research.

Quote Originally Posted by coolminun View Post
    since nobody else can use healing
    (loudly clears throat)
    Bowies learned PSI: Healing
    Last edited by Soaring Pikachu; 24th April 2012 at 6:14 PM.

Perfect. Disregard my post on healing then. But about master belch/barf, if it is him we have to deal with, is the fly honey kyornik found going to be of use? I mean it could be a dump site near the garden that's the cause of the fly swarms, but seeing as this is earthbound it may be either a horde of slimy piles or belch/barf
    Last edited by coolminun; 26th April 2012 at 4:19 AM.

Are we going to do anything with the dream world or Magicent?

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    Yup, thats me! As long as there are some warning signs, I think I will be able to avoid getting myself killed. (probably)
    Currently, your horoscope predicts you will be hit by a giant boomerang. *salute* Good luck.

Also, feel free to use any titles that Mic may give you on your characters. With just that, we can make the miracle happ- *get's diced*
    Last edited by Pir8Heart; 4th May 2012 at 2:41 AM.

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Can Bowie get hit by two metal projectiles? It won't kill him, I promise XD. Also, the enemies are getting out of control with Kyornik, some help would be greatly appreciated.

As much as I like the idea of my person getting hit repeatedly, Bowie would have already fallen to the ground by then. But you could have the bat hit Santanas robot (if Raiden allows) since it seems pretty sturdy.

Never mind. I know how I'll twist it around.

Well, sorry for my absence, everyone! Fortunately I am planning on posting soon, after I read your posts. But first, to address some questions and such here:

@coolminun: Yes, there will be some Mother 1/Earthbound Zero stuff in this RPG. Not a whole lot, mind you, but you'll just have to see.

And about the number of PSI techniques, yes, while that was certainly true for Lucas, I recall Ness starting out with far fewer techniques (just Lifeup at the beginning, as I recall). And both of them were in a smaller party than our characters are now. Thirdly, it'll be time to learn even more PSI after this upcoming boss fight.

And sorry, but your Fly Honey will not help at all. Master Belch? Come on. That was like my least favourite boss in Earthbound. And plus, I'm not gonna just throw a pre-existing boss into this RPG. I'm more creative than that! And what business would Belch have in a garden anyway? Nope, the upcoming boss will more closely resemble a certain Pokemon...

(Actually, I do have a Mother 3 boss scheduled to show up in the next phase of the RPG, except he won't exactly be a boss. Nor even an enemy, perhaps.)

Also, I want everyone to know that there'll be a new person joining the RPG! chihaya01 will be joining with Naneth, and heading into Jardin de Colores with everyone else. I'll add her info to the character list now. And at this point I'll just delete Louis and Amos, as neither of their creators have been active in this RPG.

EDIT: I started reading some posts. Coolminun, the flower that made Gon laugh was a Merrygold, not a Pigtunia.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 6th May 2012 at 6:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    As much as I like the idea of my person getting hit repeatedly, Bowie would have already fallen to the ground by then. But you could have the bat hit Santanas robot (if Raiden allows) since it seems pretty sturdy.
    As much as that would be interesting and provoke Santana, I find it hard to believe that someone who's in the Jardins de Colores would be able to throw a baseball bat at someone who's barely strayed form the aircraft.

And since minun seems to have thought of something, I'll just fill in the blank.

Wait, minun, can you change it to a thud then a PANG?
    Last edited by Pir8Heart; 6th May 2012 at 4:11 PM.

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Well, it would have been Naneth but with the water theme, I just changed her to Aqua. What, she has a long blue stick? I haven't played Kingdom Hearts >.> Besides, I was going through an evlish phase in my life...

Now for a question! Are we able to learn a new PSI ability in battle or would we have to wait for the battle to end before learning another PSI ability?

Uh, so, I hope we can all get along! Also, to the other two people that also have characters who like cats, were obviously the most original people ever.

@chihaya01: (and this applies to *Kyurem* as well) Your new PSI technique will awaken while you battle the Fleshy Flower. And haha, looks like I'm not the only one who caught my silly Foppy-Fobby error.

@Everyone: Alright, so we now have two new people in the RPG! I added Aqua and Dell to the character list, updated the Plot Summary, and added the No Good Fly ad Fleshy Flower to the Enemy Index. Also, I just got an idea for a new NPC, who I'll be introducing shortly. An NPC who isn't a canon character from the series, for that matter!

Is this npc possibly a prince? Who has PSI abilities? The Poo/Beartiger of the game?

Fobby, foppy, fappy, I think all of those are mistakes that could be ignored.

Also, I hope it's okay if Peppercorn stays for the boss battle then leaves afterwards. He wants to make sure his number one catnip provider survives the battle!
    Last edited by chihaya01; 9th May 2012 at 4:46 AM.

Vileplume!

I have an idea for the ending result of the boss fight. So I realized that this thing can call a large amount of flies to do its bidding and the flies recover hp from drinking its nasty nectar. This puts us in a bad situation, and I realize we have no big offensive Psi like pk love or Psi rockin to deal with crowd control. So what I was thinking, is a team attack of alpha level offensive psi to destroy the enemy. This involves creating large fire within the garden that will land us in the custody of the Quetzal police force. The fire dept is gonna come and help out the fire, but we made a large mess, almost destroyed the Jardin de colores, ended up in jail, and in true earthbound fashion we have to find some cooky way to get out of this situation.

One way I was thinking was an awesome display of Tekina, Gale, and Kyornik's offensive psi teamwork. (Haven't heard from Cal in a long time so Idk if he wants to contribute.

Another way, was for Tekina to set fire to the canopy of a large tree. Yako could then use his swing ability to lift said burning tree and Smaaaaash!! it into the Fleshy flower and end it, while waving the flaming tree around like a burning fly zapper to incinerate the flies. But again I haven't heard from sluggy either so idk.

What do you think? To make it awesome, I'd have to bunny the characters but I'd ask JeanGrey and Zekshirom if its okay with them first. I also want to wait until mostly everybody has their posts on the battle in.
    Last edited by coolminun; 11th May 2012 at 6:43 PM.

@chihaya01: That's fine. And you can pick a new PSI technique for Aqua to learn now--just pick one from the PSI list at the beginning of this thread. It can be an offensive or non-offensive technique--doesn't matter which. Which reminds me, we currently don't have any users of status-afflicting PSI like Paralysis or Brainshock, nor any users of PK Ground or PK Flash. But I think you were planning to have her learn PK Freeze next? That works too.

@coolminun: Those are both interesting ideas, but the first one would definitely be too hard to pull off. In my next post (which is coming up very shortly), I'll have an NPC come along and briefly help with the battle as well, so hopefully that will make things easier.

@*Kyurem*: Hmm, so you're not deciding to go to Quetzal at all, deciding to pay a visit to Dr. Andonuts instead? Well that is interesting.

Yeah, as I said before, expect a new post shortly.

EDIT: I have posted. Now that the Fleshy Flower is weakened, it should be a bit easier to fight. You may follow Gon's plan, or the ideas coolminun offered here, or even a creative plan of your own to stop the Fleshy Flower. That mystery girl will play a key role in this RPG, but just who is she? And what did she do to the Fleshy Flower?
    Last edited by Kiruria; 17th May 2012 at 8:25 AM.

Oooh. creepy pk hex

Aqua is a Lucas, minus the two offensive moves. She provides heals and shields. Her version of PK Love/Rocking is PK Herb which is a Lifeup+Healing. Then it will later evolve to PK Garden where it will be a group effect. I was thinking of Psi Freeze but I got the idea of using the ice for Counter. Shield itself will be a wave of water while Psi Shield will be a bubble. Over all, she does no damage using Psi. I would also like to beg now. Can Aqua learn Aurora Wave? It would work as Gon's Aurora Tracker. She would clear her mind and summon her water. If she opens her eyes however, she'll be able to have the water bounce off of any aurora that is hidden from the eye. It would be helpful if our party is to ever have to split from one another. I will also offer an enemy! Or two!

Dancing Winds- Unlucky gusts of wind that blew in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Aurora Particles that hid in the air mixed with the wind to form a humanoid wind being. They fight using Psi Wind. They enjoy kicking up dust storms.
    Cactus Crabs- A shellfish that lives in the desert. How did it get there? It's a mystery. Through further research, it is believed that they may actually be scorpions that were mutated by the Aurora.

Why they have a desert theme, I don't really know.

EDIT

Awkward moment when Counter isn't on the list....
    Last edited by chihaya01; 18th May 2012 at 4:33 AM.

Can Bowie learn pk Starstorm if I have him go through some sort of sub conscious challenge? My other question is where is the group headed after the garden?

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast