Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

Seriously, WTF is with everyone assuming Diego invited everyone for pizza? He only invited Gale -_-;

Anyway, will update soon

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Hello everyone, sorry for not having been posting lately. My graduation from college was a couple of days ago (yay!), but now things are busy with me visiting family. And to make matters worse, my laptop stopped working last week and is taking forever to repair. So right now I'm stuck using my stepmother's painfully slow computer to post here. I'll post here once I get my own laptop back, which should be by Friday at the latest.

Until then, feel free to wake up the next morning after having your dream about your favourite thing, and discover a new PSI ability based on it. I do have something special planned for the morning, but it's nothing big.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: The Secrets of August Manor (Daisy and Tiffany), Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith), The Savage Era: The Blood Crown (Venifica)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Well DVB, people enjoy cockblocking.

Am I allowed to assume it's summer in Foggyland?

Cockblocking is one thing, going uninvited to a place and mooching off of someone's dinner without permission is another thing -.-;

Meanwhile, will there be any opportunities to get new parts, like machine enemies?

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

I'll make it up to you for crashing your date another time. You know, I forgot Pizza was italian food lol

Guys, I'm leaving Sunday evening, round 5:30 or so. I won't be back till Friday, so I pretty muh only have 2 3/4 days left to post and update.

Letting you guys know now, instead of suddenly announcing it on Sunday evening.

No coolminun, you don't have to post for Tekina YET. You may post for her next week while I am gone. Once I come back, I shall be WAAAAAAY more active. So don't worry.
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Was just re-reading the first page and I guess I want to know if the starmen are actually bad this time around? It sounded more like they were trying to quell whatever evil force awakened, but were cut off midsentence

@chihaya01: Actually it's spring everywhere in the world now. About May or so. Meaning the weather in Winters will be a little chilly (as it usually is), but still rather pleasant. Summers will be even more pleasant, but that's not where we're headed next.

@DVB: Yes, there will be, once we get to Winters. I'm even betting Pilot Saturn will be willing to give Diego a spare Skyrunner part if he asks nicely.

@coolminun: Do you honestly believe I'd be willing to reveal something like that about the Starmen now? That's an interesting point though, especially considering there have been no reports of Starmen actually attacking civilians, or even appearing anywhere besides on a screen for that matter.

EDIT: I just updated the Plot Summary and the Character List (with the new PSI). I also added Pilot Saturn to the NPC list for the heck of it, and added the Salty Flower to the Enemy Index, even though it (probably) isn't an enemy.

Also, I now want to call attention to Sluggy and AWESOMEPUFFS, because they have not posted in a long time. I'll give you two a week to post, either in the RPG or here in the discussion thread with a reason why you were gone, otherwise Calvin and Yako will be considered out of the RPG. Santana and Bowie are coming close to that fate as well.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 26th June 2012 at 3:43 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: The Secrets of August Manor (Daisy and Tiffany), Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith), The Savage Era: The Blood Crown (Venifica)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    Also, I now want to call attention to Sluggy and AWESOMEPUFFS, because they have not posted in a long time. I'll give you two a week to post, either in the RPG or here in the discussion thread with a reason why you were gone, otherwise Calvin and Yako will be considered out of the RPG. Santana and Bowie are coming close to that fate as well.
    I'll interpret that as a 'ping', to which I reply 'pong'. Resuming position shortly.

SIDE-NOTE: As a side-note, wouldn't it be easier to use Comic Sans MS for Mr. Saturn dialogue? It already seems like enough of a radical font.
    Last edited by Pir8Heart; 26th June 2012 at 4:20 AM.

ALL IN THE GOLDEN AFTERNOON...

Hmm, that font thing is an interesting idea. I'm now tempted to try it out and see if it works.

testing is testing, boing. rpg is what to happen? Ding ding! Will try using capital letter. maybe not work, zoom.

Eh, it's a different font, but it doesn't seem to resemble the Mr. Saturn font that well. Damn forums don't provide too wide a font selection. But it's STILL an interesting idea, so feel free to use it if you like. (This applies to anyone!) And you could have easily taken my post here as a "Marco" and your reply as a "Polo", but same difference. As I already said via VM, I'm glad to have you back. (Yay, the smiley actually works now!)
    Last edited by Kiruria; 26th June 2012 at 9:12 AM.

Oh, what do you think of the idea about us creating an opposing team to ours but the members are our missing friends or loved ones? I was originally thinking about them being brainwashed by the starmen, but since we actually don't know anything about the starmen, I'm not so sure they'd be the appropriate outlet for our strife. If you do agree that we could do it, I have plans in mind for Blake.

Oh cool. I have to wonder how things will go. I know things will get more intense. I hope we may have the chance to see or hear of Ness or Lucas or even Ninten

@coolminun: That's an interesting idea. Maybe it can be a side-plot at some point. But keep in mind, not everyone has had someone they know go missing, and the people who are missing have absolutely no means of contact with the main characters.

Would anyone else be interested in participating in such a side-plot? This can be with either someone who knows your character or someone completely new. It doesn't have to be a family member or friend; it can even be an acquaintance, such as a classmate or a barista at a coffee house your character frequently visits. I'll probably implement it soon, as it's nice to offer other points of view once in a while. In this side-plot I'd be controlling Ari, Gon's little sister and one of the people who went missing. And probably Magic (the DCMC guitarist) and Lucas and President Sanford as well.

@Raiden193: Also, I've been thinking about the Mr. Saturn font a bit more, and I think the Courier New font might work:

this font is amazing ding? Or is boring? DO NOT KNOW IS AMAZING. dakota.

Hmm, I think that looks a bit better...

Also, many of you have probably figured out that there are seven music box pieces in all, and there also happen to be seven countries in the world. Yes, I'm planning on having a music box piece in every country. Meaning we'll be hopping from country to country collecting the pieces, and then traveling to the rainforest once the music box is complete. One idea I had when I started this RPG was to at some point (probably after we're done in Winters) split the group in half or even in thirds, so that more than one piece can be collected simultaneously. Doing so will make the RPG shorter and will also make it so that everyone has fewer other characters to worry about. It also makes it harder on my part because I have to keep track of all the different groups at the same time, but I'm perfectly willing to do that if there's only two or three groups. On the other hand, if we don't split up, we'll all be able to stay together, therefore making battles a bit easier to win. However, it will make the RPG much longer because we'll all be traveling to all seven countries one after another. And by taking longer, more drastically evil things will be more likely to happen as time goes on.

So I'd like to hear some of your opinions on whether we should split up or not. I'm currently leaning more towards splitting up into two groups then reuniting afterward, but that's a tentative plan.

As long as my character is grouped with who he wants to, I suppose I have little problem. Though as Diego is the one fixing the Musicbox, kinda wondering about that

Honestly i think we should stay together. Makes it feel more earthboundy. But, if we implement the side plot opposing peeps, then i don't mind breaking off for a short while. Something on the lines of Shururi, Ari, and Blake going off to find a music box piece and Gon, Tekina and Kyornik going to engage them to get it first. One group wins one group loses until we basically have to settle this with an all out battle. "Battle" doesn't have to be taken literally, I'm sure we could come up with some creative way to win without the cliche of super demonstration of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    testing is testing, boing. rpg is what to happen? Ding ding! Will try using capital letter. maybe not work, zoom.

Eh, it's a different font, but it doesn't seem to resemble the Mr. Saturn font that well.
    Strange, I expected that to work better. (・_・ヾ Damn thee, minimal selection! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

I hope everyone is okay with a homosexual high school boy being in my post.

I think the group should stay together. I have no reason for this, I just think they should stay together. I wouldn't mind splitting up, just no gender divided teams please. Maybe we can travel together to the country then split up there. Afterwards we could all join together for the boss battle then head to the next country and just do it like that.

If anyone has any problems with my having Aqua continuing school or bringing up anime and video game characters, PM or VM me and I'll change my post.

oh yeah, I made this to help illustrate how the move looks. Not the best artist lolscan0002.jpg

^ SO PRETTY. *^* Now all we need is a color version.

Also,

-It might take me a bit longer to post, I'm currently working on a drawing for a game.
    -I'm still undecided about the whole splitting up thing. I'll get back to you later, Kirurun.

Coolminun, I could ask a friend if she could colour that. I think it's an interesting design.

Oh, that would be awesome Chihaya. Please do if you can. I was trying to find a way to color it, but could not. By all means be my guest. The diamonds are Gold and Yellow, and the stars are white while the crescents are also gold. It's basically an attack that uses pillars of light and diamond shaped flashes of psi. Thank you if you can get this done

So it looks like Roxas and Xion's Final Limit attack plus colour?

Basically, yeah. Except, instead of the Nobody insignia that appears as the light rays fall, it's the crescent shaped psi bolts and they shoot the beams up from the ground akin to King mickey's final limit.

@coolminun: Wow, that's a pretty cool design! Can't wait for Chihaya's friend to colour it!

@chihaya01: Mentioning anime and video games, yes. Teleporting to school, no. And besides, we have stuff to do in Winters, so Aqua would be interrupted anyway. And it would be unfair to the others if one person could just teleport all over the place. So if you could take out everything after the teleportation, that would be nice.

This will be some heavy editing.

My friend is out of town so it may be a long wait unless if someone else wants the job. Sorry.
    Last edited by chihaya01; 3rd July 2012 at 5:56 AM.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast