Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

I just decided to have Aqua be all "Oh we can't use our powers in public" Is because she watches Charmed a lot and they always had to cover their magical tracks. I think I'll her go all "No magic for Personal Gain" sooner or later. I was also thinking about Aqua. I remember someone brought up having the missing people become rivals of the character. I was going to Mother 3 it and have Aqua's older Brother Max (Another name for Aquamarine, which Aqua is named after, is Maxixe. It's like Aquamarine but it's blue colour can turn clear over time) be her rival character. How ever, neither of them will know who they really are until later in the RPG when Aqua learns Telepathy.

A little information, Max was kidnapped at the age of 7, while Aqua was 5. His powers are the opposite of Aqua's but he lacks the strength that his younger sister has since he was never there to load and unload ships like she had been doing with their father. I was kinda hoping Max could be a mini Boss at Winter who attacks us, defeats us, and then ANOTHER character I suddenly felt like creating named Scheherazade, a story teller from Scaraba who also has Psi powers and has traveled to Winters to see the castles. Just so we can have some more modern day references (What's Earthbound with out some of those?) we can make her an elf like the one in Soul Caliber 4.

Oh, the creative juices are flowing through my brain and instead of my Fan Script, it's this RPG instead.

Zekshirom, your idea is intriguing and interesting. I bet Kyornika is going to progress to the next step *evil fanboy sinker*
    Last edited by chihaya01; 19th July 2012 at 1:08 AM.

Not in public chihaya, NOT IN PUBLIC!

And coolminun, PK Harp is this:

PK Harp/Uta no jumon: Tekina plays her harp, soothing kind hearted souls, helping them to regain their strength a small bit.

It is basically a healing move. It heals both HP and PP.
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

If berserk is O.K.ed, would Harp be able to heal any other status ailments?
    Last edited by chihaya01; 19th July 2012 at 1:46 AM.

So, since it seems like the side plot is approved, are any of your characters psi capable? Ari, Pablo, Shururi

Chihaya, when you say Max has opposite of Aqua's Psi, do you mean he uses offensive psi or he uses psi that causes harmful status affects while yours causes good ones? This would make him a prime candidate for Pk Hex, Magnet, and Flash

DVB, you could have DX be on the opposing team. If he was extracted from you, he could possess one of your clockwork gadgets and be carried around by someone else's loved one and summoned for battle and discussion. Like an evil Genie in a lamp.

I ave to beg. Can Blake use Offense up pleaaaaaaaase Kiruria? He's really physically powerful than Psi powerful, so by using offense up then using haste, he'd be a real good fight.

Max can never learn an assist Psi. His move set also consists of a lot of Psi since he was born Psi talented like his Aunt Morgan. His Psi Aura is his most advanced move, he mainly uses it for Telekinesis. Aqua will never learn Telekinesis but she does gain Telepathy. Physically, Aqua is also stronger than him. They pretty much balance each others powers out.

Shurui can use some water attacks (has someone made one up yet?) and PK Freeze, so she and Tekina are polar opposites with water/ice and fire.

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Well, I don't know if you read my post on Pk Surfin'. I also put a scan of how it'd look too, but it's a water attack but it's blake's signature Psi. So, is Shururi the cool headed one between the sisters. I thought Tekina was pretty calm, but then when she went all Raging Psychic girl I was like "WOAH!!, She's Fiesty" lol

Tekina is one of those two-different-girls-but-the-same-person types.

And PK Surfin might work, except that Shurui is from a traditional village, so we might have to change the english name.

And no, Shurui is not cool-headed. She is the playful and youngest of the two sisters.

EDIT: Wait....cool-headed? Water?.....

Was that intentional?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Yes it was lol

Pk Surfin' is his signature Psi, so Shururi could use a water based Psi, but it'd have to be completely different from Pk Surfin'. You could make it offensive or healing like Tekina's. Hmm, how about a water spout?

There are no water Psi attacks besides Psi Freeze. You can create a Signature Water Psi attack or you can just be like Aqua and use nothing but water in the attacks.

Oh DVB, you may want to add a part about the song Kyornik just played seeing as its the theme for his favorite thing and sentiment to Hinawa.

So you want me to edit my post? So the song is not only his theme song but a dedication to Hinawa?

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

I've edited my post to include Aqua's reaction to Kyornik's performance. I also brought up the fact that Hinawa was intended to be blond~

Oh no, I was just saying you may want to not necessarily edit the post you already did, but maybe add something about it in another post. Completely up to you is all.

Hinawa as a blonde lol? I thought if anything Lucas took after one of his grandparents
    Last edited by coolminun; 23rd July 2012 at 7:04 AM.

Flint is a balding and has brown hair and Alec's hair has greyed with age. Hinawa was originally planned blonde but she became brunette so I pretend she used really good dye for her hair colour unless if Alec really is a blond but we'll never know. I would have done it in some other post but the RPG hasn't progressed in awhile and my tiny post was bothering me so I made it longer.
    Last edited by chihaya01; 23rd July 2012 at 8:05 AM.

I'm going to add Blake's background to the sign-ups page. Also, what do you guys think about us ending a chapter with a song from the mother series that we all play, kinda Like a band. Hmm, then again the questionaire was only asking what our favorite instrument was. I'm guessing not all of us can play?

Oh dear, our GM has seems to have disappeared. What'll we do if she isn't back soon!?

I know, and I'm super bored. Was Thinking about just starting the side plot. Talking avout how blake was taken to the hospital and got abducted by the starmen while there, given powers, and brainwashed.

I guess if we have a dire need of posts, I can add some background to Aqua's past in a post and shift over to Winters where Max is looting a castle.

Your friend's a thief lol?

Shurui maybe just got a bit confused. Since she's young, she doesn't REALLY know the difference between good and evil. She might be just a rival instead of an actual enemy.

Or, it could be like Sango and Kohaku from Inuyasha. Shurui knows about Tekina and has her memories, but feels she just can't be with her sister during this.

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

well, from the way i was framing it, nobody would be a real enemy like they mean to kill us. The starmen brainwashed and unlocked psi in our loved ones, because they know it would be emotionally hard on us. They are the exact same people. Same memories, same personality and everything. The only thing that has changed in them is their belief. The starmen have covniced them that we are trying to cause the apocalypse and they are the chosen ones to stop us. Most of our fight may start as arguments between each other, but then the conviction to stop us will cause explosive battles. A really simple method, but super-effective in getting the job done.

you can think of it as how itachi did everything within his power to deceive sasuke from knowing the truth, but without shururi or max seeking vengeance and cutting down whoever crosses their paths. They're all just really confused.

Actually, Max is Aqua's brother who got kidnaped and tainted into become a petty thief. He was born with Psi of his own and isn't with the starmen at all. Coolminun, have you been ignoring my posts? >_>

whoops, sorry. Misreading. I thought it was Aqua's friend that was a thief. No, i haven't been ignoring you.

Last night, I thought of Shurui's side of the story.

She was captured by the Starmen and given PSI, but before they could brainwash her, she escaped and started searching for Tekina. She is found by the ones who are with the Starmen, and they force her to come with them. Shurui is forced to fight her sister, though none of the brainwashed people know that they are sisters, and explains everything when they are close. Before leaving, Shurui leaves Tekina with a bow and a holder filled with arrows for her sister to use.

The next time she encounters her sister, Tekina is about to get hit with a strong attack, but Shurui saves her, making the ones with the Starmen rant on her that Tekina is on the enemy's side. Shurui reveals that Tekina is her sister, and is taken away at the end of the battle, promising her sister that next time they meet, she will fight on her side.

The third encounter proves this, as Shurui battles her so-called comrades and helps the chosen ones. Once the battle is over, the brainwashed kids try to seperate the sisters once again, but Shurui evades every attack they through at her. They try to attack Tekina, but this is when she obtained the sword in the Castle of Densetsu, so she evades and reflects the attacks back at the enemies. Finally they leave, and Shurui is now with the chosen ones, with her animal who helped her escape the Starmen-a nine-tailed fox named Kitsune, who is large enough for 3 people to ride it and who can use fire magic (PK Fire, and a special fire attack I will create along with Shurui's custom water attack.

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast