Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by chihaya01 View Post
    I just decided to have Aqua be all "Oh we can't use our powers in public" Is because she watches Charmed a lot and they always had to cover their magical tracks. I think I'll her go all "No magic for Personal Gain" sooner or later. I was also thinking about Aqua. I remember someone brought up having the missing people become rivals of the character. I was going to Mother 3 it and have Aqua's older Brother Max (Another name for Aquamarine, which Aqua is named after, is Maxixe. It's like Aquamarine but it's blue colour can turn clear over time) be her rival character. How ever, neither of them will know who they really are until later in the RPG when Aqua learns Telepathy.

A little information, Max was kidnapped at the age of 7, while Aqua was 5. His powers are the opposite of Aqua's but he lacks the strength that his younger sister has since he was never there to load and unload ships like she had been doing with their father. I was kinda hoping Max could be a mini Boss at Winter who attacks us, defeats us, and then ANOTHER character I suddenly felt like creating named Scheherazade, a story teller from Scaraba who also has Psi powers and has traveled to Winters to see the castles. Just so we can have some more modern day references (What's Earthbound with out some of those?) we can make her an elf like the one in Soul Caliber 4.

Well, I guess this could be misread.

Pretty cool. It'll be nice to have a new character. I don't think Dell is coming back.

@coolminun: I like the idea of PK Surfin! And since we'll be arriving in Winters soon (as in by my next post), Blake could get a chance to show it to us soon as well! Also, I love the enemy ideas! Those are very clever names you came up with there! Except the Obsolete Cell Phone. How about Mobile Phony instead? I dunno where it would fit, probably wandering around a city. The Psi-Yonara would fit perfectly in Sunrise. The Sadistic Sea Gull... why would it be in Winters? Doesn't seem like the right environment to be in. And the Confounded Guardian is a brilliant idea, not as a proper enemy per se, but as a plot event. I may utilise it at some point. And since all PSI-capable characters know three techniques now, Blake's can be Offense Up, PK Aura, and PK Surfin.

And we will all be playing our instruments at some point, like it or not. >

@Zekshirom: I like the Shogunja idea. Since ninja and samurai were rivals of sorts, this enemy could represent someone who was exiled because they couldn't decide which they wanted to be. I dunno about it being a boss, but maybe a mini-boss. I think this enemy would fit perfectly on Mt. Itoi in Sunrise.

(Yes, it's kinda the same Mt. Itoi from Earthbound Zero, though I turned it into a parody of Mt. Fuji. Because any American who designs an Earthbound RPG should include a parody of Japan. And have a Japanese boy as the main character.)
    ^^Kinda worked well in my favour actually, as I've had Gon sitting around in my character bank for quite a while, and was looking for an RPG where he would fit. This was perfect!

Also, the Castle of Densetsu idea sounds a lot like Magicant, a dream world used (at least in Earthbound) to test something in a person. It would be an interesting idea.

About Shurui... Nobody escapes from the secret place where everyone's held captive. That place has some powerful magic around it, including a seal that needs some magic that Shurui definitely does not have in order to break it. Shurui could have given Tekina the bow just before she disappeared, maybe. And maybe she could even appear in the Castle of Densetsu to help Tekina out, and that's where the encounters you mentioned could take place.

@DVB: Yay, his Hypno-Pendulum (I doubt it'll be called that) will be way cooler than Duster's! But although the combo thing happens in Mother 3, I don't see any practical way it can be applied to this RPG except in very special cases where music is specifically involved. And instead of stunning, how about the enemy just feels groggy and slow for a while after waking up?

@chihaya01: Nageki no Mori is an interesting idea, but I don't think it should have a Japanese name if it's in Winters. I also like the Berserk idea, though it would have to only occur at night when the Aurora is active. And on the subject of Hinawa being blond originally, sometimes women have hair changes after being pregnant, so maybe that's what happened to Hinawa after she had the kids. Especially since her hair's a light brown.

About Max... First off, humans in the new world only gained the ability to use PSI when the Aurora Mysteria started occurring, meaning Max would have to be five days old in order to be born with it. The only exceptions to this are people who arrived here from the Nowhere Islands, like Lucas. He could have been kidnapped by some run-of-the-mill criminal and had to steal things to survive, thus becoming a thief later on. And he could have gained the ability to use PSI along with several others when the Aurora started.

Scheherazade could possibly be storytelling at King Ferdinand's castle, or was prevented from doing such and thus holds a grudge against anyone who sides with the king. This is not a fantasy-themed world, so elves certainly won't exist. But she could be an odd (possibly elf-like) little creature like the Mr. Saturns and Tendas (BTW, Tendas no longer appear in the world)--perhaps Scaraba had a race of those living in one of their pyramids.

@Soaring Pikachu: Wow, I totally didn't expect you to post in this Discussion thread, but you're always welcome to! ^_^ But I did mention in the background info section of this RPG that there are some musical groups that will become important in the RPG. So of course they have to have theatres to perform in. The Topolla Theater in Fourside will probably still be there, although Venus probably won't. In fact, I can totally see the DCMC calling it their new home, since Club Titiboo disappeared with the rest of the Nowhere Islands at the end of Mother 3. Or the theater can even have its name changed to Club Titiboo. One or the other. I personally don't think the DCMC really liked that name, since the club was originally created by the Pig Army in an attempt to use the DCMC to brainwash people.

And I'm sorry if the RPG is not fitting to your style. But I understand how you feel. I myself am the exact opposite--I like to have order in an RPG. I recently joined an RPG that totally went freeform against my expectations, and I just didn't know what the heck to post. So I just gave up on it. But back to this RPG, if you look around you can see that the others are free-forming a lot of stuff anyway, maybe just a little bit... *wink*

~ ~ ~

Wow, that was a lot to comment on! I think at some point I'll do a post centering around Ari, and then everyone who has characters who are captive can post there as well, just for one or two posts. Wait for it though.

But speaking of posts, I am working on one as we speak. Winters, here we come!

EDIT: Yay, I posted... finally.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 27th July 2012 at 6:41 PM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Uhh, none besides the one below.
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Yeah it isn't called that. And possibly. During the final upgrade of the Dormis Enducer it will apply both the sleepy debuff and the strange debuff.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

That actually makes much more sense than the stunning. Kind of a Brainshock-like effect. And besides, we already have Pigmasks doing the stunning for now...

EDIT: I have just compiled a list of the custom enemies I have approved thus far. If an enemy you created isn't listed here, it's most likely because A) its design is not that interesting, B) it resembles a canon enemy too much, or C) it won't fit in any areas we'll visit in the RPG. I made some modifications to the enemy names as well.

Cactus Crab - [created by chihaya01] The cacti growing on the backs of these scorpions makes them crabby. (Appears in Scaraba)

Paint Roller - [created by chihaya01] It wishes it were an Insane Cultist, but instead it's a silly-looking paint roller with arms. (Appears in Fourside?)

Death Notes - [created by coolminun] Your favourite music is now your worst nightmare! Beware their combo attacks. (Appears in Winters)
    **In addition to copying their owners' PSI (maybe just one technique), I was thinking they could do combo attacks with musical notes like the Sound Battles in Mother 3, and know PK Hex as well.

Tigermoth - [created by coolminun] You'd never expect a moth to have a roar this deadly! A species of Chimera. (Appears in Dalaam, maybe)

Hungry Couch - [created by coolminun] Hmm, I wonder where that couch potato went? Specializes in eating your change. (Appears in buildings/homes)

Mini Nanuk - [created by coolminun] I don't want to know what the non-Mini one is like! Beware its freezing fangs. (Appears on Mt. Itoi and the forests of Winters)
    **Although it's called Mini, it's still the size of an average bear, and still terrifying. I might have King Nanuk be the boss of Sunrise, but definitely not Winters. I have a completely different Winters "boss" in mind...

Shogunja - [created by Zekshirom] He can't decide whether he's ninja or samurai, so he was exiled to Mt. Itoi.
    **Can use PK Fire, Wind, and Aura

Facepalm tree - [created by coolminun] Does a facepalm to raise its stats. People often do so too upon seeing it. (Appears in Scaraba and/or Summers)

Psi-Yonara - [created by coolminun] This ghostly lady uses PSI and kisses you goodbye. In that order. (Appears on Mt. Itoi)
    **Uses PSI Magnet, Shield, and a random PSI known by a foe

Mobile Phony - [created by coolminun] It's jealous of the flashy new smart phones people have. Attacks with outdated radio waves. (Appears in cities)

Sadistic Seagull - [created by coolminun] Known for pooping on people and stealing their fried calamari. And worse. (Appears in Summers)

Surprise Chest, Tiny Statue, Fury Statue, Wild Statue, Guardian Statue - [Created by Zekshirom] Enemies in the otherworldly Castle of Densetsu, the Guardian Statue being the strongest.

Please do not design any more enemies for Mt. Itoi. I think we have enough there now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I've updated the Plot Summary, added the Black (and Green) Cultist and Pigmask to the Enemy Index, and deleted Calvin and Yako from the character list. I'll be removing Dell soon as well if he doesn't come back. Raiden's having problems posting now, so Santana's still there. Same for Bowie just in case Soaring Pikachu decides to post again. I also gave Aqua a promotion by moving her further up in the list to where the other five most active characters are.
    Last edited by Kiruria; 28th July 2012 at 1:20 AM.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Whooo!!! great to hear from you kiruria. Thanks for all the approvals and additions you made. Mobile phony sounds pretty funny. can't wait to read some posts and post myself.

Elflings: These little guys have long ears and a small mouth. They speak words that humans don't understand but they still understand and can communicate with their telepathy powers. They also have powerful Elvin magic that they never use in front of humans. Scheherazade was the first to introduce them to humans after finding them in the Deep Darkness.
    Ebi seals: A plump miniature seal with the face of a cat and a pair of large bobbing antenna. Their powers consist of shooting beams from their mouth and being able to puff up into a balloon. Fabula introduced the species to the ocean. They live exclusively in Summers.
    Clockwork Rocks: Rocks that were brought to life by Avis and her love of tinkering things. The rocks simply walk around and have no oral form of communication. Instead, they write symbols on the ground. Despite being a robot, these rocks somehow have a mind. The rocks fear leaving Dalaam.

Hey hey. So, I just posted. Hope nobody minds the ppork trooper and Luvina. The cult reminded me of the the cult master from earthbound that used lightning to attack and you rebounded it with the franklin badge. Figured it'd be a cool fight, bring up some nostalgia, and set the stage for Kyornik learning pk thunder. This will be his next psi and also introduces a special skill he has.

Psi sense- works similar to the pokemon ability forewarn

If it's not ok, I'll edit it out. I'll soon post about Blake

Clockwork robots, they drop pieces for Diego to tinker with, cool!

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

I wasn't planning for the Clockwork Rocks or any of those to be hostile enemies but if want gadgets, gizmos, whozits, whatzits, and thingamabobs I'm sure Avis wouldn't mind you taking some of the rocks apart.

Coolminun: I'm guessing Aqua shouldn't try to save Kyornik again?

You can go right ahead. The post was open for anybody to continue, so if you want to get Kyornik out of the pork trooper's clutches, please go for it. I really like the synergy with Aqua and Kyornik. Shields and counters with powerful physical attacks seems to compliment battle grade offensive psi nicely. Can't wait for Kyornik to learn Aura beta so to he can use Haste. Will be his way of returning the favor by making her blinding fast in combat. This also strengthens their friendship and makes her invaluable to him too.

I love our group!!!

For Luvina, I had to google several different ways to say black in case anyone was wondering what she was saying.
    Last edited by coolminun; 8th August 2012 at 2:38 AM.

@coolminun: How about having Gon cream the Pork Trooper with PK Fireworks as revenge? Yeah, he hasn't done anything in battle besides being shot by a Pigmask, so... I would have not allowed the Pork Trooper, but since a few other people already reacted to it, I felt it rather pointless for you to edit it out at that point. So instead I made it so that he's just pretending to be the Pork Trooper. In fact, I bet the other cults will have similar fake Pork Troopers as well... the real one would be pissed.

@Chihaya: Hmm, interesting "enemy" designs... They're just little creatures accompanying the storytellers, right? If so, they probably shouldn't be in the official enemy list... but will appear anyway. Scheherazade will be appearing very shortly in the RPG as well... after we heal up of course.

I'll let you guys be creative with how Reynard University is laid out, but if you'd like any ideas, feel free to ask. I don't think any enemies will appear there though... except maybe I'll sick one on you if you wander around outside too long. I guess now all you have to do is decide where to go next. This is basically free time before we deal with the stuff at Ferdinand Castle.

Oh my, this is reminiscent of Mother 3... Chapter 2 centers around a haunted castle. I guess in this RPG, the part where we introduced ourselves in Saturn Valley, finishing with the UFO fight in the sky, would be "Chapter Zero"...

And Luvina was a wonderful addition to the Cult of Black! Great idea, coolminun! Though she did remind me of a certain NPC we encountered briefly during the battle wit the Fleshy Flower... And NPC I shall add shortly to the Character List, for the lulz.

Wow, Amanda scares the crap out of me. It was bad enough she had Pk Hex, but now that PK pain is seriously sick. I mean to be put in so much pain one can't even scream is unfathomable. this reminds me of the crushiotus curse from Harry Potter used to torture people.

No kidding. Though that much pain would cause Diego to become a bit violent. Also, at the university, we can meet Diego's adopted parents and he will reveal the experiment of how he can no longer use PSI.

Hey guys. Finally posted that bit on Blake. was supposed to be more, but I'll add more later. For a description and some history, check out the last post on the sign up thread. you can access it via Kiriria's links in her siggy. Been using them a lot. Figured I can't really write for kyornik since he's still unconscious, and don't feel like writing a dream in his unconscious state.... later maybe.
    Last edited by coolminun; 12th August 2012 at 5:04 PM.

Coolminun: I hate his girlfriend. My personal opinion but just no.

Colourless Ivy: Poison Ivy that enjoys feasting on skin tones and life sources. Their main attack is Psi Magnet.
    Last edited by chihaya01; 13th August 2012 at 2:15 AM.

That's cool lol. When i was making her up, this image was just stuck in my head and i had to get it out XD.

Jack be Nimble: Little boy holding a candlestick. He's pretty fast and likes to burn folks with his candle.

Sambo shark: A walking shark in a sombrero and maracas who loves to samba (Samba de battle is its battle theme)
    Psi-Offense up, and Pk freeze
    attacks: crunching jaws, Samba combo, Spicy fish taco breath
    Physical attacks against it hurt the user (shark skin)

I just realized we do not have a TVTropes page yet

I can take care of that! XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

What's that DVB?

I am not dead. I don't care what you think. JK JK JK

Thought of a new enemy after watching some Shugo Chara.

X-Citizen ???: A person with a red X drawn on their shirt. Became like this after a mysterious woman convinced them their dreams were pointless, and somehow put some of the aurora's corruption into their soul. The ??? is because someone's name can go there. However, a convincing talk followed by a beautiful melody (PK Harp/Panpipes) can turn the person back to normal. After being purifyed, the person does not have any memory of what happened while they were an X-Citizen.

Can: Shoot purple and black aura waves at enemies.

PSI usable: PK Aura
    AND I AM THE MOST DERP GURL, YOU HAVE EVER SEEN

Did u know that if you put your finger in your ear and move it up and down, it sounds like Pacman?

Ma Tumblr

Ma deviantART

Oh no! Our RPG Has reached the second page! Who hasn't posted yet that we can nag to post!?

Jean Grey is her turn last time I checked. There are a few more folk who need to update more often >.>

Is anybody else gonna post? It's been like a solid week and every time i check the rpg, the last post is still mine on blake. Kiruria and zekshirom haven't posted yet. Not all of the posts for Gon need to be a plot advancement imo. I'm also getting kinda impatient with Kyornik still being unconscious. Thinking about waking him up myself, but didn't want to ruin whatever plans for the plot Diego and Gale have.

Or, maybe someone else could start on their side character story too. I mean come on peeps, majority of us are from Winters and we're back home. Surely there must be something to write about. Seeing friends, visiting family, etc.

I was going to have Morgan and Aqua take Kyornik once everyone else decided what they would do but apparently Gale and Diego decided that they'll do something with him instead so I pretty much can't post anything at the moment.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast