Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Medal System

Default The Medal System

Discuss medals here! How many do you have, and which is your favourite? What do you think of the system? Is Mr Medal weird? And so forth.

Info on the system: http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/medals.shtml

I'm a bit short of 50 myself (only got 5 badges and too busy atm to play much). Haven't looked much into trying to get more yet but will probably do so once I have beaten the game.

(Also Mr Medal is possibly related to Scott imo.)

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Some of the medals seem rediculous to get, such as getting 30 people in one Funfest mission or getting 1000 points in one (I guess you would probably get those two at the same time...)

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

Honestly, I'm too lazy to really bother intentionally getting medals, however, I've still ended up with nearly sixty.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman192 View Post
    Some of the medals seem rediculous to get, such as getting 30 people in one Funfest mission or getting 1000 points in one (I guess you would probably get those two at the same time...)
    yeah, there are a couple like that. Some of the medals just seem impossible to get.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

I think I have something like 70ish on my Black 2. I'll see how much of the Medal Rally I can do on my White 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I love how when you beat the trainers in the Alley in Castelia City, they say "You're really tough. You deserve a medal!".
    Uh, how do you get there?
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 28th October 2012 at 4:49 AM.

I love how when you beat the trainers in the Alley in Castelia City, they say "You're really tough. You deserve a medal!". And then when you go back to the Pokemon Center, Mr. Medal gives you the Castelia Boss medal. BTW, I have 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I think maybe via the Sewers in certain seasons?

I imagine some of those missions had Japan more in mind which would be more likely to have a situation of 30+ people doing a Funfest mission at the same time.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Go through the sewers. There's an alley up one of two stairwells you can find in the sewers. Beat the three trainers in the alley and you'll get the medal.

EDIT: Oh, and it has to be summer or spring too i think.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    You need to use Surf in Castelia Sewers. Eventually, you'll find a path on the far left side of the series, and if you follow that up and right, you'll find an exit to a secluded part of Castelia City where there are three trainers. Beat all three of them, and then you'll get the Castelia Boss medal.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I actually really like the medals system! It gives you a small sense of accomplishment when you earn one. Plus, it also gives you another set of things to collect! As if 649 pokemon weren't enough, lol.
    I think I have around 40 in White 2.
    White 2 FC: 2666-9983-9495
    DeviantArt | Tumblr | My crafting forum
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/14e289t.png[/IMG]
    I crochet pokemon!! I can be commissioned if you would like for me to make you a custom one. I also have some pre-mades for sale. If interested, please send me a note on DeviantArt telling me what you want.

I have a very very casual breeding shop: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I currently have 60-65... some achievements of which they ask are a little ridiculous and tedious, but I must complete them all for the sake of OCD.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    I currently have 60-65... some achievements of which they ask are a little ridiculous and tedious, but I must complete them all for the sake of OCD.
    I feel the same thing. It's making it hard to SR for shiny Cresselia, because I'll be hit with the urge to get another medal. My most recent one was the type expert one. I'm now at 158, and I hope to at least get close to collecting all of them. There's no way I'm getting that Battle Subway one anytime soon, though...
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I feel the same thing. It's making it hard to SR for shiny Cresselia, because I'll be hit with the urge to get another medal. My most recent one was the type expert one. I'm now at 158, and I hope to at least get close to collecting all of them. There's no way I'm getting that Battle Subway one anytime soon, though...
    :O. Far out, I only have ~75.

I have only one medal... okay technically I've got a bunch that I haven't picked up yet (over 50 I know). I've got this weird desire to not pick up any until I earnas near to all of them as I can... Though whenever I go to check on what I've earned (by saving before collecting them and then not after) it's incredibly annoying to be told each one, instead of just being told how many I earned and being given them all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    I think maybe via the Sewers in certain seasons?

I imagine some of those missions had Japan more in mind which would be more likely to have a situation of 30+ people doing a Funfest mission at the same time.
    It would probably be possible only during official Pokémon conventions. Or if you actually live in a Pokémon community. That would be awesome.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Right now I'm not too far in the game, but I have 31 medals and my current favorite is the Magikarp award "To praise the guts of Trainers who kept using Splash no matter what."
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

I currently have 25 Medals (something a boy in Castelia City pointed out earlier). Personally though, I find the Medals to be redundant. There's no real point to them other than them being markers of your achievements, but since you're playing the games, you should already know what you've done. Anyway, I'm not stressing out over them.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I currently have 25 Medals (something a boy in Castelia City pointed out earlier). Personally though, I find the Medals to be redundant. There's no real point to them other than them being markers of your achievements, but since you're playing the games, you should already know what you've done. Anyway, I'm not stressing out over them.
    It's incentive for doing things you wouldn't normally do. Kind of like Achievements on 360 games and Trophies on PS3 games. You'd be more likely to try and accomplish a particular task if you're rewarded, even if it's an artificial reward like the Medals are. That way, you get the most out of your game.

Or the achievement system in WoW. It's an addon, you can do without it, but it doesn't really hurt to have it. It's there for those who have nothing better to do and those pushing for 100% completion.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I have 116 or 117 right now in my Black 2. I'm not sure how much I'll go for before I stop and focus solely on my White 2 medals. Maybe finish up the Pokedex and go for the Type Challenge medals

I really love these things, makes me go for things I normally wouldn't. The flavor text for each medal can be kinda cute, too.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I really love these things, makes me go for things I normally wouldn't. The flavor text for each medal can be kinda cute, too.
    I agree. I wouldn't normally think "hey, you know what, I am gonna beat the E4 with only bug pokemon today", but now that I can get a medal for it, why the hell not? :P
    Would be cool if you got something amazing for getting all the medals though. I mean we now get something for completing the dex (looking forward to getting my shiny charm too!), but you don't get anything for getting all the medals which is obviously a fair bit harder considering completing the dex is just one medal... (well a fair few if you count all the "get all the x - type pokemon in the dex")

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

I detest all of those medals that require local wireless features.

I can't ever imagine managing to get the medal for getting 1000 points in a funfest mission, for instance. You'd need nearly 30 people to pull that off assuming you're doing the best mission for scoring points (Which is the first item collecting one).

Well it kind of makes sense to not lock something behind getting all the medals. Some of them really are impossible for most people (namely things like the c-gear & fun fests) so if it was a good or interesting reward on the level of the Shiny Charm it would just be cruel.

There's also a good chance of it just being a bad or useless reward. Getting all the medals pretty much insures you're doing everything the game has to offer to some degree (all of the Pokestar Studio movies, beating the elite 4 several times over, every single Tournament variation in the PWT, a very large amount of Subway, Musicals, capturing all the Pokemon in the Unova & National Dexes, and so on). What could they really give to make it "worth it" anyway?

Do wonder how fancy the apparent award ceremony for getting all of them is.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Well it kind of makes sense to not lock something behind getting all the medals. Some of them really are impossible for most people (namely things like the c-gear & fun fests) so if it was a good or interesting reward on the level of the Shiny Charm it would just be cruel.

There's also a good chance of it just being a bad or useless reward. Getting all the medals pretty much insures you're doing everything the game has to offer to some degree (all of the Pokestar Studio movies, beating the elite 4 several times over, every single Tournament variation in the PWT, a very large amount of Subway, Musicals, capturing all the Pokemon in the Unova & National Dexes, and so on). What could they really give to make it "worth it" anyway?

Do wonder how fancy the apparent award ceremony for getting all of them is.
    To me, something worth it would be the likes of something like a shiny Mewtwo or Arceus with perfect IVs.
    It probably is nothing, though. Lots of newer generation games never seems to reward the player for hard work and effort.
    Under Construction

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast