Page 2 of 259 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Oh this legend is bugging me so much. I'm trying to make sense of something we barely have any information about. Ode to Joy the speculation, it gets the brain working on this sunday morning :P.

Right, been thinking some more :P. In the legend, are they talking about zekrom and reshiram being owned by each of the brothers or are they talking about White Kyurem and Black Kyurem? I only reason I thought of this because they both have similar characteristics so there may be some confusion between the legend itself and the modern understanding of the legend.

If it was infact White Kyurem and Black kyurem that fought, isnt it possible that maybe, just maybe (maybe 0.0001% chance lol), that the original kyurem that we see in Giant Chasm in BW is infact the ultimate dragon but it is withered because these two formes (Black kyurem and White kyurem) was virtually ripped from it from the Brother's fighting.

Oh these theories are probably so wrong, but it is fun when you have a trail of thought and you follow it .
    that would mean that there would be 5 Dragons

-Reshiram from White Kyurem
    -Zekrom form Black Kyurem
    -the other 2 Kyurems from those two ^
    - ANd The Other Kyurem from the Giant Chasm.

AAAGHHH!!! alll the Possibilities!!! so much theories...
    Last edited by Azure_Edge; 26th February 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Over a quater of posts so far are not three sentences as mentioned in the first post in this thread, guys. Please make sure you have a decent amount of content as 'I agree with this' or short sentences don't count and are boring to read too anyway.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Im curious on how Kyurem transforms into Black and White Kyurem.

Does it fuse with Reshiram/Zekrom? Does it use the light and dark stones? Is it something else?

If it is something else im curious on how Zekrom and Reshiram seem to be in Kyurems formes.

I also can't wait to here the 'legend/myth' on the tao trio now, it seems like it's going to be complicated, given we already know 2 brothers fought with Reshiram and Zekrom, who eventually turned to stones and Kyurem came down from a giant meteor, I wonder how it's all going to connect.

My theory is that Kyurem, Resiram and Zekrom used to be the same Pokemon. Evidence for this is that they have similar typings, similar move list and the fact that Reshiram or Zekrom used to be the same Pokemon. Maybe Kyurem was also formed at this time, but went into hiding because there were only two twins?
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

These formes are interesting. What I think is that the Kyurem and Reshiram forme is in Black 2, and Kyurem and Zekrom forme in White 2. The question is, where is the other dragon in each forme? I think I ought to become Troy McClure for a minute to say 'To believe the story of two Kyurem formes, you'd have to forget all about the one dragon stories in the first games, and that would be downright silly!' Unless the two new Kyurem formes can fuse again to create 'the one dragon', that would be believable...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

2,400 Run Aways

Nice, we got new Kyurem forms, I was thinking about separated forms long ago, and my dream become true.

If Kyurem get Resh and Zek moves (fusion moves and probably Blue Flare/Bolt Strike), Kyurem would be glad using Reshiram moves because it need fire moves outside Hidden Power.

And New ability anyone?

So are Black 2 and White 2 going to be SEQUELS to Black/white, as in they carry on the story? If thats right then it will be so awesome

I wonder how Kyurem gets these formes. Could this link to the end of Black/white where N is said to be on another place or soming with a dragon type pokemon? I dont think so....

I think Kyurem absorbs Reshi/zekrom to become White/black kyurem.

And are they two new pokemon? cause apparently masuda listed them as separate pokemon. That would be a bit confusing. Maybe like someone else noted, Kyurem holds the light/dark stone and gets into this forme. Im guessing it will be able to use of its new sig moves (Cold flare and Freeze shock)

But what does the god stone do? :/
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

Ok i have a theory. Well Reshiram is black version mascot. But it appears that the Zekrom/Kyurem "fusion" is the mascot for "black 2". So what if these versions are sequels but only to one version so "black and black 2" and "white and white 2". Reshiram will be in black 2 to be caught by us the players but then somehow the zekrom and kyurem of black 2 will turn into the mascot? and we will get the chance to capture it?

Unless Reshiram is not in black 2 altogether and the legend about two dragons splitting means either just zekrom and kyurem or Reshiram and kyurem depending on which version. I never did understand how Kyurem splitting into two equated to three dragons in BW.

Another theory is that these new mascots are nothing to do with the dragons in the legend in BW but are new dragons created by attempts to reunite the "two dragons"?
    Shinies are good.

The form change has to do with the moves ice burn and freeze bolt most likely. Look at Kyurem normally and then the two forms, and its tail seems to sort of latch on to the generator-like tails of Zekrom and Reshiram. If anything, the form change will happen with the 2 stones, giving Kyurem the energy for each legendary, giving it the ability to posses the powers of electricity and fire.
    BLAH

I personally like the failed attempt at reuniting the original dragon theory but when you look at their Species name you have Zekrom the Deep Black pokemon and Reshiram the Vast White pokemon and Kyurem the Boundary pokemon. And then you have the fact that their tails are basically engines. To me from that information right there it looks to me like one of the dragons goes out of control (taken control of by Ghetsis perhaps or go crazed and their tail engines create too much energy and Kyurem has to come in and contain/control their power)
    From this we would most likely see a return of N and Ghetsis. N because he wasn't truly evil and left to sort of learn and stuff plus he has one of the dragons and Ghetsis because he truly was the big baddie and never was captured so I can see him trying to take revenge for the main character foiling his plans. And I could even go so far as to say that he attacks N and you come to his aid because Ghetsis was both pissed and resentful of N for failing so it could be directed at him but I feel it would be directed at the main character.

and on a final note when you look at Kyurems Black pokedex entry it says that when its power leaked out its damaged its body so if something similar were to happen to Zekrom/Reshiram it might come to help and contain it to save it from destroying itself

Quote Originally Posted by Azure_Edge View Post
    Here is What i thought of

1. MAsuda may just be trolling us about these two as seperate pokemon

2. Your theory might be right and there is in fact two Dragons and both brothers split those two dragons

3. ANother THeory Could BE that BOTH the Protagonist and N's Dragon were absorbed by two kyurems meaning that The Single Shell Kyurem has divided itself into Two and tried to make themselves complete by absorbing the dragons
    Masuda did not list them as separate Pokemon. Why would he? It's already confirmed that this is Kyurem, not Pokemon 650 and 651. He just said "the new Legendary Pokemon." They are new, and the are Legendary. Not to mention Game Freak has a history of calling formes new Pokemon when they're revealed. Skymin was teased as a new Pokemon, as was Giratina's Origin Forme.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

I find it hilarious that Meloetta is just sort of..there on that movie poster. Poor Moloetta, plonked into a short and barely revealed properly.

White Kyurem looks far better than Black Kyurem in my opinion. BK looks a bit odd. I assume these aren't fusions, because that would be a tad ridiculous to do in-game. It could be that the forms change between game using the God Stone/Dark Stone/Light stone though.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    I find it hilarious that Meloetta is just sort of..there on that movie poster. Poor Moloetta, plonked into a short and barely revealed properly.
    I think that's because the poster is a leak, not an official reveal. Next CoroCoro or Pokemon Smash will probably tease "Next time: A new Pokemon!" and then make a big deal out of Meloetta; because we aren't supposed to know about this poster yet.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

I have an idea regarding Kyukuro(Black Kyurem) and Kyushiro(White Kyurem) maybe after you defeat Drayden or Iris or whoever the 8th gym leader is you find out that N or whoever has received both of the dragons. Drayden and Alder take you on a ship that leads to the Giant Chasm there you are sent to find the "God Stone" that Alder and Iris had told you about. Hoping that it would revive Kyurem who could hopefully hold Zekrom and Reshiram off for a little bit even though they are doubtful. Lenora meets up with you and states that she made a shocking discovery an item called the "Light Stone Fragment" or the "Dark Stone Fragment" depending on whatever game you are playing. All of the sudden the "God Stone" will glow and whatever fragment will attach to it shocking everyone. Alder suggest that you hang on to it despite not knowing what is going on. As soon as you face off against N or whoever he summons his two dragons. All of a sudden your stone begins to react to this and it turns into Kyukuro or Kyushiro I know it's Black Kyurem and White Kyurem but bare with me. N is surprised by this and Alder due to Kyurem looking noticeably different. Despite this N will challenge you to a battle with his two dragons in which you will use Kyukuro/Shiro and whoever else is second in your party.

After you defeat N you find out that Kyurem has been searching for the Dark/Light Stone in order to revert back to its original form(s) it lets out a loud roar and Zekrom and Reshiram both flee somewhere you are able to capture them post game. They are found in Black City and White Forest in a new area there.
    Last edited by JD; 26th February 2012 at 3:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Im curious on how Kyurem transforms into Black and White Kyurem.

Does it fuse with Reshiram/Zekrom? Does it use the light and dark stones? Is it something else?

If it is something else im curious on how Zekrom and Reshiram seem to be in Kyurems formes.
    I'm really hoping that it uses some brand new method of changing into a different form. Using an item is so plain, something like actually absorbing Zekrom or Reshiram would be so insane and cool. XD

I guess it wouldn't be impossible to guess that maybe Kyurem changes if it is in either Black City or White Forest? You go there, it changes, and then you can leave and keep it changed until you go back and have it revert to normal. Pretty simple and easy, and not the most interesting thing, but still something, I guess. It would make it harder to get the opposite on from the other game then.

I really hope that the "complete" dragon that was separated is reformed in these games, I know people are saying that there won't be any new Pokémon but I honestly think that Gamefreak could incorporate the full dragon into the game in a scenario similar to the Spiky-Eared Pichu, where it can't be traded to any other game and can't be used online.

I think I like the whole hunting for its part theory

assuming we will a different player and this game happens after BW:
    the BW player releases their dragon and kyrem merges with it to become one of the two forms but it cant get the other dragon beacause N flew away with it at the end of BW

(or maybe the BW player still has their dragon and N releases his but you get idea that one is gone)

Quote from the old news thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai_Shadowforce View Post
    I hope the new formes' ability would negate the charge turn. That would certainly make Kyurem OU at least.
    I'm with you here, it'd make their presumed signature moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn actually useful. Just imagine if Black Kyurem were Ice/Electric, at least 150 base Attack, with Bolt Strike and chargeless Freeze Shock, and throw in a no-recharge Giga Impact for the few things that resist StrikeShock.

Of course, that would make White Kyurem yet another Pokemon killed by Stealth Rock Maybe just give them both Magic Guard to kludge round the issue instead.

OK, so, I know that a lot of this is more just reaction to the games than Legendary speculation, but bear with me and you'll see that it is at least somewhat relevant. Besides, I need a place to vent, too, you know!
        Spoiler:- Lots and lots of discussion:

OK, now you can move on with your life. Thanks for reading, you've been a great audience, folks! I'm off to write this into a book, now!

9 1 1

Quote Originally Posted by cantab View Post
    Of course, that would make White Kyurem yet another Pokemon killed by Stealth Rock Maybe just give them both Magic Guard to kludge round the issue instead.
    BWKyurem will probably get "Ultrafreeze" or something that is just another cool sounding Mold Breaker.
    As for typing, we could see Ice/Electric and Ice/Fire(however counter-intuitive that may be), Dragon/Ice or Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Electric. We may even get pure Dragon. They all have their pros and cons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Hmm,it would be cool if it was Ice/Fire.Though I think it will stay part Dragon,considering how it's previous forms were.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Exclamation Ice Burn and Freeze Shock

I'm surprised no one's yet to mention the moves Ice Burn or Freeze Shock (sorry if you have and I've not seen it).

Both are Ice Moves with Power of 140 and Accuaracy of 90, the difference between the two is that Ice Burn has a similar animation to Blue Flare and has the potential to burn the target. And Freeze Shock has a similar animation to Bolt Strike with the potential to paralyse the target.

Now Reshiram learns Blue Flare at Lvl. 100 and Zekrom learns Bolt Strike at Lvl. 100, but Kyurem learns nothing at Lvl. 100 currently, so it's safe to assume that Kyurem will learn either of these moves at Lvl. 100 depending on if it's Black Kyurem or White Kyurem. I believe that Kyurem's formes might be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric so that Ice Burn and Freeze Shock receive a same-type attack bonus. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Icy Meteor; 26th February 2012 at 5:44 PM.

Any think kyurem will transform similar to deoxys or rotom? Like if the dark and light stones are on display in bw2 you take kyurem up to one and it'll transform.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I abhor Kyurem's new forms. They're my least favourite Pokémon (I hate having to call them that) without any question. I can't find any redeeming features, which I find quite surprising. I'm ultimately very disappointed with these abominations; I was looking forward to a complete, defined, appealing form of Kyurem.

I just wish every second user would stop using them as avatars. >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Meteor View Post
    Now Reshiram learns Blue Flare at Lvl. 100 and Zekrom learns Bolt Strike at Lvl. 100, but Kyurem learns nothing at Lvl. 100 currently, so it's safe to assume that Kyurem will learn either of these moves at Lvl. 100 depending on if it's Black Kyurem or White Kyurem.
    This has been speculated since Black and White were first released.

About those two being "new pokémon": I'm not sure what Masuda wrote, but I guess he didn't mean anything special. Back when Platinum was to be released, wasn't Giratina-O a new legendary? Same thing here. Besides, even if that's not what he meant, then maybe those two merely are one-way formes, but still be considered as formes (just like Rotom may change to formes with higher BST and a design that clearly fits an evolution and yet be considered formes).

About their typing: lol screw you guys, those two will still be Dragon pokémon. It's the Tao Trio's primary typing, and that thing has changed between evolutions only twice (Steelix and Altaria) iirc, and never between formes. They'll surely get a Electric/Fire-type move or two, but really, that's it. Besides, Ice/Fire would be so horribad it would probably be UU lol. And that's saying a lot about a 660+ BST pokémon. Hell, it could even have a *shot* of being RU or BL2...

About Freeze Shock and Ice Burn: Well guess what, those Kyurem will have their respective moves. I just wonder how they will interact... Maybe all three Kyurem will learn the moves, but they won't have a charging turn when used by the right forme? Or maybe they'll pull a Relic Song on us (oh please god no)? Who knows.
    Last edited by Mario with Lasers; 26th February 2012 at 6:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Clearly Bianca is the Shadow Triad

FACT: You never see her at the end
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions in a similar manner to the Triad's vanishing acts
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions of people
    FACT: You never see the Triad until after Bianca gets her Muuna
    FACT: Being the Shadow Triad would give her something to do in life

Page 2 of 259 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast