Page 3 of 259 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Anybody notice something?
    Dialga / Palkia + Item did NOT equal Giratina (either form). B/W2 follows DPPT's path a bit, however Kyurem + Item MIGHT equal the other forms of Kyurem. However, I am superexcited about these forms anyways. It might even show off Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt (go search it up on The Cutting Room Floor or Bulbapedia or any other wiki).

TOO excited? NEVER!

my idea

- Original Dragon over the conflict of truth and ideals split with a explosion, Zekrom and Reshiram were formed and Kyurem was expelled/eject through the atmosphere until it crashed, later around the crash site Kyurem tries to gain more energy to be able to control his cold powers(the story about Kyurem kidnapping people and Pokemon)

team plasma is trying to find the original dragon, using Kyurem they give him a orb, and Kyurem absorbs the orb energy and becomes hybrid with physical characteristics of the dragon that is inside the orb
    ๑๑ ๑๑-• ๑๑-• ๑๑-Ż\(°_o)/Ż- E!!!!!

What I'm wondering is, what will the ingame names for these two formes be? It can't be Black Kyurem and White Kyurem because that surpasses the 10 character limit. Would it be Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W? Or just simply Kyurem? My vote is just Kyurem, because that was the case with Giratina and Shaymin.
    Current Teams:
    FireRed:
    Lvl 16 Lvl 19 Lvl 17 Lvl 23 Lvl 24 Lvl 15
    SoulSilver
    Lvl 25 Lvl 27 Lvl 31 Lvl 23 Lvl 25 Lvl 24

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor-tastic View Post
    Anybody notice something?
    Dialga / Palkia + Item did NOT equal Giratina (either form). B/W2 follows DPPT's path a bit, however Kyurem + Item MIGHT equal the other forms of Kyurem. However, I am superexcited about these forms anyways.
    It was quite clear from the offset that Giratina is not a combination of Dialga and Palkia. Nothing indicated that being so. However, it's extremely obvious that Kyurem's new forms both involve fusing with Zekrom and Reshiram. The idea that Kyurem may change form depending on its held item is very unlikely, but it could also work.
    It might even show off Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt (go search it up on The Cutting Room Floor or Bulbapedia or any other wiki).
    It will.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    It was quite clear from the offset that Giratina is not a combination of Dialga and Palkia. Nothing indicated that being so. However, it's extremely obvious that Kyurem's new forms both involve fusing with Zekrom and Reshiram. The idea that Kyurem may change form depending on its held item is very unlikely, but it could also work.
    imo, Kyurem seems quite parasitic. It's mutated or has adapted to the form of an Ice-like Zekrom and Reshira,.

TOO excited? NEVER!

What I am thinking is that Reshiram and Zekrom got Kyurem DNA. Reshiram would be White Kyurem and Zekrom would be Black Kyurem.

Quote Originally Posted by Icy Meteor View Post
    I'm surprised no one's yet to mention the moves Ice Burn or Freeze Shock (sorry if you have and I've not seen it).

Both are Ice Moves with Power of 140 and Accuaracy of 90, the difference between the two is that Ice Burn has a similar animation to Blue Flare and has the potential to burn the target. And Freeze Shock has a similar animation to Bolt Strike with the potential to paralyse the target.

Now Reshiram learns Blue Flare at Lvl. 100 and Zekrom learns Bolt Strike at Lvl. 100, but Kyurem learns nothing at Lvl. 100 currently, so it's safe to assume that Kyurem will learn either of these moves at Lvl. 100 depending on if it's Black Kyurem or White Kyurem. I believe that Kyurem's formes might be Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric so that Ice Burn and Freeze Shock receive a same-type attack bonus. Thoughts?
    Was just literally thinking that exact same thought. I'm giving props to gamefreak for really setting a much higher bar than in the past for their games. I'm guessing the huge financial success that is and was the original black and white gave them the leverage and resources to pull this marketing genius of a move. Can wait till it comes out or further information comes out. I do hope that do something really special with the story and the Pokemon like making luxray part dark type. Hey I can dream. I'm playing platinum right now and that pissed me off and then the rehashed Pokemon like bouffalant i want them to explain why the Pokemon are so much like kanto's pokemon. Evolution perhaps (like Darwinism not Pokemon evolution).

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post

It will.
    Not if its holding the white or black stones? Huh right that could maybe work.

Personally, I believe that there is a fourth Kyurem form. The following is all speculation.

Originally, there was one big Dragon, formed of Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram. However, when Zekrom's influence was removed (through the Black Orb), it left the fusion of Kyurem and Reshiram, or White Kyurem. Or, if Reshiram's influence was removed from the original being (via the White Orb), the fusion of Zekrom and Reshiram, or Black Kyurem was left. When Black Kyurem or White Kyurem was seperated, that left the three that we knew of.

If that was hard to follow...

Zekrom + Kyurem = Black Kyurem.
    Reshiram + Kyurem = White Kyurem.
    Zekrom + Reshiram + Kyurem = New form that hasn't been revealed yet.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

At this point, I don't even know if Kyuram and Kyurom are formes or new Pokemon. My best prediction is that Kyurem changes formes depending on if it's holding the Light Stone or Dark Stone, which would obviously be holdable now.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Personally, I do hope that Kyurem will be able to change forms somehow. Whether an ingame location or a hold item it doesn't really matter. Maybe it could have some stat changes between forms as well, like 150 atk on the black form and 150 spatk on the white form.
    Also, changing the subject but I hope that in addition to these new forms we also get the origen form, or something like that. These two forms are cool but I'd like to see a better pure kyurem, not just fusions.

I'm not really all that impressed with Kyurem's new formes. They basically look like someone's just spliced parts of Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom together. Which is probably their intention, but they could have been more inventive. I'd like the new formes to be non-permanent, so we can change them as we see fit, presumably with some new item.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

2 Things:

1. I'm a little mixed about what the two new forms mean for Kyurem. The idea of "fusing" Pokemon seems a little odd, not that it wouldn't be plausible. Will these dragons still incorporate the truth/ideals basis? We'll have to wait and see.

2. Since these games are coming out in June...could we potentially see a December release in the US/Europe?
    Long ago, when the deity Pokemon of time was born, so did time. Without it, the world would just stand still, no motion or life to make happiness. There is no substitute for the gift of time, which we must use to make good on this earth...

100% Luckyshipper!!!

I wonder.. what will it's type be? Considering kyurem is an ice dragon type, and rashiram and zekrom have fire/dragon and electric/dragon resp.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I'm surprised no one's yet to mention the moves Ice Burn or Freeze Shock (sorry if you have and I've not seen it).
    B
    Im surprised you didnt read the post that came 4 before yours! It clearly states the moves. i have mentioned it at least twice!

And i really wanted to see the one dragon, last night was just something i didnt expect..... Maybe somin will be revealed in the future.
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

My theory is that you have one of the dragons (Zekrom in White and Reshiram in Black) and you find the Kyurem fused with the other. Later on you can unfuse them if you want. Oh yeah it know Freeze Shock and Ice Burn.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quite honestly, I think the whole "alternate forms" thing has kinda gone way overboard. I mean it was cute with Deoxys, but now its like every legendary that comes out has to have alternate forms. It's just nothing special anymore and it's almost expected that new legendaries are gonna have alternate forms. It just seems really gimmicky to me. There's already too many legendaries; add alternate forms on top of that and it just gets kinda ridiculous (in my opinion). I'm alot more excited just about the new games in general and another chance at playing Unova, perhaps some plot additions and whatnot, than the addition of new Kyurem forms.
    Last edited by Rip Hamilton; 26th February 2012 at 8:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEpicRock View Post
    Personally, I do hope that Kyurem will be able to change forms somehow. Whether an ingame location or a hold item it doesn't really matter.
    This is an interesting idea, and if it was the "gray" version everyone anticipated, that would make sense. However, I have a nagging suspicion that the forms will be one per game.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I wonder.. what will it's type be? Considering kyurem is an ice dragon type, and rashiram and zekrom have fire/dragon and electric/dragon resp.
    Another good question. I see some residual ice left on both forms, and little enough to suggest that there are fire and electric attributes. For now, I'll speculate that it remains ice-dragon.

On another note, it seems the whole chipped headpiece Kyurem had now finally has a purpose. The headpiece of Reshiram or Zekrom, depending on form, obviously, is now growing from the chipped part.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I pray that they aren't fusing. This isn't digimon. I think it'll be like, Kyurem exposed to one of the dragons causes it to change forms. I at least hope there's a different storyline somewhat since this is going to be the Grey of the series.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokemonExpert View Post
    I pray that they aren't fusing. This isn't digimon. I think it'll be like, Kyurem exposed to one of the dragons causes it to change forms. I at least hope there's a different storyline somewhat since this is going to be the Grey of the series.
    It'll probably be a held item that changes Kyurems's form based on what version of the game you get.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Pokemon Black Version:

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokemonExpert View Post
    I bet that there Version you buy is the form you get... But I don't think that you can get both forms on the same game. So maybe you will be able to trade it through B/W2

Both are Ice Moves with Power of 140 and Accuaracy of 90, the difference between the two is that Ice Burn has a similar animation to Blue Flare and has the potential to burn the target. And Freeze Shock has a similar animation to Bolt Strike with the potential to paralyse the target.
    And that Ice Burn is special while Bolt Strike is physical.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    At this point, I don't even know if Kyuram and Kyurom are formes or new Pokemon. My best prediction is that Kyurem changes formes depending on if it's holding the Light Stone or Dark Stone, which would obviously be holdable now.
    God Stone is the hold item I'd say is more likely to effect the change, though I'd rather see it not depend on any item since if it does then it can't hold other items.

And I think Black Kyurem and White Kyurem will be strictly version exclusive, like the Deoxys Formes were in 3rd gen.

i saw the pics those look TOTALLY fake. I highly doubt that there will be a reshiram-kyurem and a zekrom-kyurem. Besides, they look kinda stupid IMO, even if they are real.
    Bisharp is my loyal knight. Fear him.

Quote Originally Posted by OverpoweredScizor View Post
    i saw the pics those look TOTALLY fake. I highly doubt that there will be a reshiram-kyurem and a zekrom-kyurem. Besides, they look kinda stupid IMO, even if they are real.
    They are real. Masuda has confirmed it on Pokemon Smash. And they actually look pretty cool, to me. And they are going to be forms, presumably by blending the two.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I reckon it'll stay dragon/ice, but each form will have an ability that boosts either fire or electric moves, effectively giving it triple-STAB. Or perhaps if changing forms is based on an item, perhaps that will boost fire or electric moves.

Page 3 of 259 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast