Page 10 of 259 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    True, but they can easily rectify what happen in B/W as the Legendary simply joining the final battle instead of us actually catching it. That would allow them to be caught again later on.
    That would most certainly work. However, I feel that it is best to assume canon the way it is shown within the games themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteKoriyu View Post
    It's not canonly required that the player capture the dragon, their is a loophole. To quote Serebii's main site:
    That loophole is likely more to safeguard against making it impossible for the player to catch the cover legendary, rather than an actual change to the canon.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteKoriyu View Post
    It's not canonly required that the player capture the dragon, their is a loophole. To quote Serebii's main site:
    What do you think the odds are that your average 10 year old will capture 726 Pokemon prior to their encounter with their version dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by goldfly2005 View Post
    That loophole is likely more to safeguard against making it impossible for the player to catch the cover legendary, rather than an actual change to the canon.
    I agree, though I also think that it's there primarily to protect the player from being unable to progress in the storyline.

Here's my take on Kyurem's alternate forms:
    Considering this generation doesn't seem to follow 'tradition', maybe Kyurem only changes forms when Kyurem is in the party with either Zekrom/Reshiram and one of the two is holding a special item.
    Though I don't think that item would be the Light or Dark stone unless N's dragon decided to turn back into a stone after taking him to a far away place.

That's not the point. Yes, its a safeguard, but that doesn't change the fact that the story doesn't 100% force you to capture the dragon. Unlike the Gym Challenges and such, it's an event that can be avoided (granted its a lot of work to do so). Therefore, any "retcon" of having the dragon the player was supposed to capture remain in the wild would not necessarily go against canon if that's the path Nintendo chooses to go down.

It is an possible and plausible option, which is all I'm saying.

Jesus. The game lets you not catch the legendary for GAMEPLAY ISSUES. That's it. Story-wise, canon-wise, you ALWAYS catch it. A retcon for it being found in the wild would be utterly retarded for 90% of the player base. Seriously, would the 10 year-old version of you find it acceptable, when you caught the legendary in your BW? Do you think people would then tell you the loophole and you would not find it ridiculous for serving as canon for the sequels?

I like playing devil's advocate, but this case is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Mario with Lasers; 29th February 2012 at 6:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Clearly Bianca is the Shadow Triad

FACT: You never see her at the end
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions in a similar manner to the Triad's vanishing acts
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions of people
    FACT: You never see the Triad until after Bianca gets her Muuna
    FACT: Being the Shadow Triad would give her something to do in life

Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    Jesus. The game lets you not catch the legendary for GAMEPLAY ISSUES. That's it. Story-wise, canon-wise, you ALWAYS catch it. A retcon for it being found in the wild would be utterly retarded for 90% of the player base. Seriously, would the 10 year-old version of you find it acceptable, when you caught the legendary in your BW? Do you think people would then tell you the loophole and you would not find it ridiculous for serving as canon for the sequels?

I like playing devil's advocate, but this case is ridiculous.
    Well N was seen releasing the opposite pokemon in the games. Zekrom/Krurem fusion appears in black, the one where the player catches reshiram so...

Quote Originally Posted by goldfly2005 View Post
    That would most certainly work. However, I feel that it is best to assume canon the way it is shown within the games themselves.
    True, but in the end, they're really the ones who decide what's canon. The only reason I see a possible change happening is due to them wanting one way or another for the same number of pokemon available to even new players who didn't get B/W. I don't think they would set up a situation that's dependent on the player having the previous game considering how they worked in the past.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

On a completely Kyurem unrelated note, what other legends do you all think that we'll see? I can almost guarantee that we'll see Reshiram\Zekrom. I'm kind of hoping beyond hope that we'll see some of the uncatchable event pokemon such as Genosect, Arceus, Deoxys, etc..
    Yeah, not happening I know.

About this whole argument that is happening above me. I do not think that they would set up a dependent situation, however, I think that the game would be more understandable\enjoyable if you had played the first BW games.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kyurem- View Post
    On a completely Kyurem unrelated note, what other legends do you all think that we'll see? I can almost guarantee that we'll see Reshiram\Zekrom. I'm kind of hoping beyond hope that we'll see some of the uncatchable event pokemon such as Genosect, Arceus, Deoxys, etc..
    Yeah, not happening I know.

About this whole argument that is happening above me. I do not think that they would set up a dependent situation, however, I think that the game would be more understandable\enjoyable if you had played the first BW games.

Likely after the games go live they'll host events for both 1 and 2 versions. 2 will probably have more intricate events for the pokemon, while 1 will be faster to actually getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    On a completely different note, what do you think they're going to do with Giant Chasm? Will we encounter Kyurem there, or something else?
    Although that assumes that Black 2 and White 2 are going to take place in Unova. It has yet to be specified in which region these games are situated (and no, I'm not suggesting Hoenn).

Quote Originally Posted by Galent View Post
    Considering this generation doesn't seem to follow 'tradition', maybe Kyurem only changes forms when Kyurem is in the party with either Zekrom/Reshiram and one of the two is holding a special item.
    Why would Zekrom and Reshiram have any effect on it?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRaynor View Post
    Zekrom/Krurem fusion appears in black, the one where the player catches reshiram so...
    They're not fusions. It's been explicitly stated that these are different forms, despite the striking similarities.

I'm kind of hoping beyond hope that we'll see some of the uncatchable event pokemon such as Genosect, Arceus, Deoxys, etc..
    Yeah, not happening I know...
    Sort of answered your own speculation; they'll be distributed via event.
    Running for the thrill of it

^ I meant previous event pokemon. Like the ones where the event ended years ago. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen a Genosect event yet.

^ I meant previous event pokemon. Like the ones where the event ended years ago.
    In such a case they would just make a new event. And yes, Genesect has yet to be distributed.
    Running for the thrill of it

Seeing you guys talking about the events, has this been speculated before:

You know how Genesect, Keldeo, and Meloetta weren't actually put into the game? Maybe they'll do that for BW2 and that's how you're supposed to obtain the three

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Seeing you guys talking about the events, has this been speculated before:

You know how Genesect, Keldeo, and Meloetta weren't actually put into the game? Maybe they'll do that for BW2 and that's how you're supposed to obtain the three
    That could be a possibility. Further perks to purchasing Black 2 & White 2? Perhaps. I mean Keldeo could be located in a location where Dive is necessary (also utilizing the improved catch rate of the Dive Ball), Genosect could be located at the P2 Laboratory. Meloetta must have something to do with the Musical Hall, or whatever it's called.

At first I thought that the two legendary Pokemon were different forms of Zekrom and Reshiram because they looked so alike. The fact that they're 2 forms of Kyurem...eh, doesn't fit really well with me. Oh well, as long as Kyurem is buffed somehow, I'll be happy.

Agreed. There's still the P2 Lab story thing in BW, so I'm pretty sure GameFreak would use the story as a sub-plot.
    Current Black 2 Team

The final team member wanders yet...

Anyone else noticed that the stance of the Zekrom one is based on Druddigon and the stance of the reshiram one is based on Haxorus

Credit goes to Shade2000 for this amazing banner!!

Friend Codes:

White: 3783 6019 7192
    3DS: 1719 4033 7064

(I give a normal type friend zone with Kecleon, Dunsparce and Chansey, pm me your friend code so that I can add you too!)

Keldeo and Meloetta I could see, but not Genosect considering it hasn't been revealed and likely won't this year. I wonder if they'll do the Victini event again or will simply have it as an ingame event?
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Keldeo and Meloetta I could see, but not Genosect considering it hasn't been revealed and likely won't this year. I wonder if they'll do the Victini event again or will simply have it as an ingame event?
    I hope that you can recieve it from in-game instead of an event.

And does anyone else think that this is going to be gen 6? because the new formes wont have been made in the black and white

Friend Codes:

(I give a normal type friend zone with Kecleon, Dunsparce and Chansey, pm me your friend code so that I can add you too!)

No gen 6 would bring entirely new Pokemon. Origin, rotom and sky formes weren't in diamond and pearl. Seriously, some logic please?

Well, I didn't think about those ones

Friend Codes:

Okay, after seeing Kyurem's new forms, I'm DYING to get the new Pokemon Black and White games, so I can see what other pokemon get upgrades. *lol* Or is it supposed to only be Kyurem who gets it? I hate waiting. *pouts*

I can't believe Nintendo's finally done it. the handheld pokemon games actually get a sequel that has a number attached instead of a Color name change sequel. *lol*
    This trainer card was created for me by: Emerald Latias

If anyone is interested in reading any stories I've written, please click one of the trainer cards to be directed to where my stories are located, and please leave a review for whatever story read.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Knight View Post
    Okay, after seeing Kyurem's new forms, I'm DYING to get the new Pokemon Black and White games, so I can see what other pokemon get upgrades. *lol* Or is it supposed to only be Kyurem who gets it? I hate waiting. *pouts*

I can't believe Nintendo's finally done it. the handheld pokemon games actually get a sequel that has a number attached instead of a Color name change sequel. *lol*
    I would imagine that they are beginning to run out of colors, lol.
    Black FC: 3654-1642-5166

It would be interesting to read Kyurem's dex entry in White 2. Maybe it will say 'It can change forms now.' It may not tell us how it does this!
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt 4 - Burned Tower Repel Trick
    (Magmar unavailable with night repel trick)
    550 REs

SS BQ
    1. (1,759 SRs/5,276 starters seen) 2. (8,214 REs) 3. (2,061 REs)

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

They can just revert back to the gems instead of colors.
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

There are plenty more colours than red, blue, green, yellow, black and white. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Knight View Post
    We can safely assume that only Kyurem will be receiving new forms in BW2. Kyurem is the principle Pokémon in the plot, so it's not as if Game Freak decided to randomly assign new forms to Pokémon.

Page 10 of 259 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast