Page 11 of 259 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Hm... But I wonder if this is supposed to a be a sequel to Pokemon Black and White, is it a 'sequel' like previous ones where we simply play the same game over again with new features installed in that the old version(s) missed out on, or is actually a SEQUEL sequel, that moves the game past where the original version ended, and if we get to see where N ran off to with Reshiram/Zekrom. *lol*
    My 3DS Friend Code #: Angel Skye - 0533-5949-4272
    if you want to ad me please PM me with your own Friend Code so I may ad you to my own 3DS. Plus can someone please tell me what kind of pokemon are showing up when you visit my Friend Safari zone in your game.

This trainer card was created for me by: Emerald Latias

If anyone is interested in reading any stories I've written, please click one of the trainer cards to be directed to where my stories are located, and please leave a review for whatever story read.

If there was other legendaries apart from Unova legendaries, what would you like?
    For me I can see either:
    1: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina = So the three orbs can be place on their respective pokemon.
    2. Regirock, Regice, Registeel = A hint of Hoenn remakes and are in-game unlike Platinum.
    (I pick Regi's cause Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza were used in HS/SS and were in-game pokemon)
    Last edited by Alexander18; 29th February 2012 at 10:57 PM.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and waiting for the guidebook(s).

Currently own: X and Y, Black 2 and White 2, Black and White, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, Super Pokemon Rumble, Ranger 3, Ranger 2, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors. Guidebooks for Johto games, Unova games and Kalos games.

Own quite a number shinies, especially in Y thanks to Consecutive Fishing.

Own all 5 gen event legends in White 2, many came from my brother which I like to thank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarro57 View Post
    They can just revert back to the gems instead of colors.
    ruby, sapphire, emerald, crystal, pearl, gold and silver are all different shades of specific colours, only diamond and platinum are gems/metals, and nothing to do with colour

Credit goes to Shade2000 for this amazing banner!!

Friend Codes:

White: 3783 6019 7192
    3DS: 1719 4033 7064

(I give a normal type friend zone with Kecleon, Dunsparce and Chansey, pm me your friend code so that I can add you too!)

The new movie trailer is airing, and it shows the two new Kyurem forms using an Electric move and what I think is Fusion Flare. I assume that this means they keep the Fire and Electric typing, but they're second type is still up in the air.

i think the forms will be like giratina and its forms, kyurem will hold the dark stone and it will be in its zekrom form and it will be holding the light stone and be in its reshiram form, or at least thats what i think will happen..
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/sdfti1.png[/IMG]
    banners made by the amazing quilt and by Mew_.

The forms are awesome and disappointing at the same time.

Awesome, because they're doing something interesting with not one but three characters.
    Disappointing, because I was hoping for the ~ORIGINAL~ version of the dragon in the legend.

TBH, I think the Kyuram looks better than the Kyurom but that may be because I dislike Reshiram's original design while I love Zekrom's.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    True, but in the end, they're really the ones who decide what's canon. The only reason I see a possible change happening is due to them wanting one way or another for the same number of pokemon available to even new players who didn't get B/W. I don't think they would set up a situation that's dependent on the player having the previous game considering how they worked in the past.
    The way I see it, we should still go by what's shown in the games during speculation. While Game Freak and Nintendo are the ones to make the decisions, they could do something completely insane- it's best to go with what we have for now.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfly2005 View Post
    The way I see it, we should still go by what's shown in the games during speculation. While Game Freak and Nintendo are the ones to make the decisions, they could do something completely insane- it's best to go with what we have for now.
    Well that is true, thought I doubt it'll be anything really crazy.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Expecting a huge BST boost for Kyurem. I really hope it keeps Dragon/Ice typing, because the other likely type is Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric, and Ice/Fire is absolutely terrible defensively. Held item will probably be the key to form change, or which signature move it uses, or whatnot.

So im hoping it will be something like this:

Right after you make a new save, before you choose your name and gender, there will be a cutseen. It will show the screen cut in half, with N standing in a burning white forest/black city depending on your game, realesing zekrom/reshiram. The other half will show the male character from BW doing the same with his dragon in black city/white forest, and at the same they say "zekrom/Reshiram, save this world from its horrible fate...". Then, later in the game, a cutseen shows the two dragons laying on the ground, injured. Then Kyurem comes down to them and, in english, say's " ... I can't let youl die, the world is at risk...", then a beam of light emits from kyurem while he tries to heal them, and he accidently splits his soul between the two, and BK and WK are formed. When the player discovers this, he tells N. They rush to the ruins of the castle to find ghetis there with the dragons locked in cages, with a mechanical collar on. Ghetis says "Hello N, i see you brought a new freind..", then it shows the male charactot from BW in a cage. Ghetis sends 4 genesects at the player and N, and after a battle the two dragons rise and one flys off, depending on the version, and the other remains. After a battle with the non-mascot dragon, he flies off. Ghetis then uses his little illusion cloning trick thingy of is, and escapes with the cage to the male players cage. Suddenly, the cage door blows up, and all 3 of them escape. The main BW male decides to search for a way to revert the dragons, N searches for them, and you investigate the crevice thing were kyurem was found in BW. Once there, you find ghetis's diary. You read it to find out his plans, to use arceus's energy to deafet the dragons ( the second scene), and then luring kyurem to them, and attacking kyurem while he was healing, so he splits his soul. Then, using the controle collars, he makes them his servants and rules the world. Then you decide it would be best to travel through time with celebi ( who you befreind enventually) and capture kyurem so this never happens. Once in the pass, ghetis, who knew you would do that, attacks you. After you deafet him, kyurem attacks you, and you always loose as he 1hko's your entire team. He then sends you back to the present, where your respective dragon has ripped off his collar and joins you. After deafeting ghetis one last time, the two dragons split there soul and become whole agian, as with kyurem. You can then use celebi to travel back in time, and capture the mixed dragons as a sidequest (only you respective game). Then capture zekrom and reshiram and kyurem in the present, and have the option to obtain the God stone to morph them together and create the original ( another side-quest)

Anyone else thinking there could be a 3rd form for Kyurem? Like a "true form" that combines the look of all Dragons?
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Quote Originally Posted by Thewindlord View Post
    So im hoping it will be something like this:

Right after you make a new save, before you choose your name and gender, there will be a cutseen. It will show the screen cut in half, with N standing in a burning white forest/black city depending on your game, realesing zekrom/reshiram. The other half will show the male character from BW doing the same with his dragon in black city/white forest, and at the same they say "zekrom/Reshiram, save this world from its horrible fate...". Then, later in the game, a cutseen shows the two dragons laying on the ground, injured. Then Kyurem comes down to them and, in english, say's " ... I can't let youl die, the world is at risk...", then a beam of light emits from kyurem while he tries to heal them, and he accidently splits his soul between the two, and BK and WK are formed. When the player discovers this, he tells N. They rush to the ruins of the castle to find ghetis there with the dragons locked in cages, with a mechanical collar on. Ghetis says "Hello N, i see you brought a new freind..", then it shows the male charactot from BW in a cage. Ghetis sends 4 genesects at the player and N, and after a battle the two dragons rise and one flys off, depending on the version, and the other remains. After a battle with the non-mascot dragon, he flies off. Ghetis then uses his little illusion cloning trick thingy of is, and escapes with the cage to the male players cage. Suddenly, the cage door blows up, and all 3 of them escape. The main BW male decides to search for a way to revert the dragons, N searches for them, and you investigate the crevice thing were kyurem was found in BW. Once there, you find ghetis's diary. You read it to find out his plans, to use arceus's energy to deafet the dragons ( the second scene), and then luring kyurem to them, and attacking kyurem while he was healing, so he splits his soul. Then, using the controle collars, he makes them his servants and rules the world. Then you decide it would be best to travel through time with celebi ( who you befreind enventually) and capture kyurem so this never happens. Once in the pass, ghetis, who knew you would do that, attacks you. After you deafet him, kyurem attacks you, and you always loose as he 1hko's your entire team. He then sends you back to the present, where your respective dragon has ripped off his collar and joins you. After deafeting ghetis one last time, the two dragons split there soul and become whole agian, as with kyurem. You can then use celebi to travel back in time, and capture the mixed dragons as a sidequest (only you respective game). Then capture zekrom and reshiram and kyurem in the present, and have the option to obtain the God stone to morph them together and create the original ( another side-quest)
    1. Chances of celebi being in the game without an event is almost a zero chance considering they had a time travel event in HG/SS.
    2. Genesect, Meolotta and Keldeo will all be event pokemon. If you can name a time where a pokemon not in game that was not officially revealed was in another version of that game(yes I know these are sequels) be my guest.
    3. This game will most likely take place in Unova. I think the speculation wether it will take place in Unova is quite stupid. I mean its Black and White 4. Never happen where the expansion didn't take place in the first version region.
    EDIT:
    4. Your story about gene sect doesn't match up to anything known about him. Yes he was created by team plasma but he was scrapped and only one of them was made. Unless you want to explain a backstory on the four genesects it doesn't make sense.
    3DS Friend Code: 3780-9421-5420

The official movie site has updated with the two formes of Kyurem. They are described as White Kyurem which has the Reshiram Gene and Black Kyurem which has the Zekrom Gene. This seems to suggest that the new Kyurem formes are genetic mutations. I'm not sure whether it is caused by a natural mutation, however this could also tie into the Genesect event story (which I doubt will be part of the plot) and Plasma scientists experimenting with the genetics of pokemon.
    Last edited by slowkingsley; 1st March 2012 at 6:29 AM.

Protect the King

Default Sinister

Wouldn't it be strange if Kyurem originally didn't have anything to do with Reshiram or Zekrom? When I was hearing about the legends of Kyurem eating people in Lacunosa, I had an idea that maybe Kyurem is part of his own group, and that group is directly opposite of Reshiram and Zekrom.
    In words that square-enix fans might understand, we could be mistaking Jenova for an Ancient.
    And now, after seeing these new forms, I made a different comparison. Any of you guys seen Godzilla 2000? How the UFO was after Godzillas DNA, and started morphing more and more into a Godzilla-like creature?http://www.google.com/imgres?q=godzi...h&tbnid=QhbxSn
    Kyurem probably attempted something similar with both the dragons (or maybe the original dragon) and that's why he's gray. But he wasn't able to finish the job, until he found one of the dragons in orb form, defenseless. Which brings up the God orb, which Kyurem acquires to give him all the powers of the original dragon.
    This probably sounds really weird, but I think it's a pretty cool alternate theory.
    ...Also, looking at Black Kyurems muscular arm and twisted tail remind me of this scene from Cave Story (dont watch if you have any intention of playing Cave Story (great game)) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnAXg...eature=related
    Its almost like Black Kyurem is a mockery of Zekrom. Doesn't seem so with Reshiram so much though. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Wasarym; 1st March 2012 at 6:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    Wouldn't it be strange if Kyurem originally didn't have anything to do with Reshiram or Zekrom? When I was hearing about the legends of Kyurem eating people in Lacunosa, I had an idea that maybe Kyurem is part of his own group, and that group is directly opposite of Reshiram and Zekrom.
    Doesn't quite seem to be the case in this extended trailer.

has anyone mentioned that these two moves might play an important role?
    Freeze Shock: On the second turn, the user hits the target with electrically charged ice. It may leave the target with paralysis.

Ice Burn: On the second turn, an ultracold, freezing wind surrounds the target. This may leave the target with a burn.

i think these signature moves will have something to do with the forms.

Credit: Sworn MetalHead

In words that square-enix fans might understand, we could be mistaking Jenova for an Ancient.
    And now, after seeing these new forms, I made a different comparison. Any of you guys seen Godzilla 2000? How the UFO was after Godzillas DNA, and started morphing more and more into a Godzilla-like creature?http://www.google.com/imgres?q=godzi...h&tbnid=QhbxSn
    Kyurem probably attempted something similar with both the dragons (or maybe the original dragon) and that's why he's gray. But he wasn't able to finish the job, until he found one of the dragons in orb form, defenseless. Which brings up the God orb, which Kyurem acquires to give him all the powers of the original dragon.
    This probably sounds really weird, but I think it's a pretty cool alternate theory.
    ...Also, looking at Black Kyurems muscular arm and twisted tail remind me of this scene from Cave Story (dont watch if you have any intention of playing Cave Story (great game)) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnAXg...eature=related
    Its almost like Black Kyurem is a mockery of Zekrom. Doesn't seem so with Reshiram so much though. Just a thought.
    BW implied that Kyurem is somehow related to the original dragon that Zekrom and Reshiram came from. It is generally accepted that Kyurem was the carcass or something of the original one...

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGoblin View Post
    Freeze Shock: On the second turn, the user hits the target with electrically charged ice. It may leave the target with paralysis.

Ice Burn: On the second turn, an ultracold, freezing wind surrounds the target. This may leave the target with a burn.

I saw this mentioned on this forum sometime between now and the announcement. I wasn't even aware of these two moves prior to the forms being revealed. I agree that they'll probably be used by the new forms!

! ftw
    Last edited by Ansem1013; 1st March 2012 at 9:11 AM.
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGoblin View Post

Maybe the move will determine which form Kyurem will take. Maybe it can only learn one of them at a time, or one game will have a tutor for Freeze Shock and the other, one for Ice Burn.

Or simplier..held items.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    Maybe the move will determine which form Kyurem will take. Maybe it can only learn one of them at a time, or one game will have a tutor for Freeze Shock and the other, one for Ice Burn.

Or simplier..held items.
    I'm assuming it'd be like the moves each of the Rotom forms get...
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Do you know whats being said at the start of the full trailer? With all three of the dragons on top of floating rocks?
    Last edited by Wasarym; 1st March 2012 at 3:59 PM.

Do you know whats being said at the start of the full trailer? With all three of the dragons on top of floating rocks?
    レシラムとゼクロムの力を併せ持つ、地上最強のドラゴンポケモン その名はキュレム!

Nothing much, it just says "Possessing the strength of both Reshiram and Zekrom, the strongest dragon Pokemon on earth, name's Kyurem!"
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    Anyone else thinking there could be a 3rd form for Kyurem? Like a "true form" that combines the look of all Dragons?
    I think a 3rd form would be taking it a bit far. What if Kyurem (Normal) is the "true form" I mean he's gray, black and white combined. And maybe Black and White Kyurem are just Kyurem split in half?

The problem with Kyurem stuff is that there are so many theories behind it

One says that Zekrom and Reshiram were one Dragon that were split and Kyurem came down on a Meteor that landed at the Giant Chasm

another says that When Zekrom and Reshiram split it left Kyurem behind as the carcass making it a cold and empty shell.

This is on Bulbapedia (although being a wiki you can't take it as proper reference) about how the Tao trio are related

The mythologies of the trio are implied to be connected, despite having no true relation. The origins of Zekrom and Reshiram are told in legends, as they were once a single powerful Dragon Pokémon used by twin heroes in order to create the Unova region. But the brothers each sought something different in life—truth for the older brother and ideals for the younger—and they began to argue, then fight, over who's side was right. The single dragon, in response, split into two Pokémon: Reshiram, who sided with the older twin, and Zekrom, who sided with the younger twin.
    The two dragons were equally matched as they battled and neither conquered the other. As a result, the brothers set aside their differences, and equally declared there was no right side, either. But the sons of the heroes resumed the fight, and Reshiram and Zekrom destroyed the region with their fire and lightning powers. They subsequently disappeared afterward.
    At the beginning of Black and White, one of them resides in the Dragonspiral Tower, who is called upon by N to create his ideal world. The player is tasked with finding the other dragon in its corresponding stone (Light Stone in Black and Dark Stone in White) and revive it to resolve the history the twins began in the past.
    Kyurem's origins are much different than those of the other two. The third dragon came down to Earth from an icy meteor and crashed into a place called Giant Chasm. An old legend in Lacunosa Town describing Kyurem claims that it would take people and Pokémon away from the town and eat them; this is why the town is now surrounded by a giant wall.

So these forms may be Kyurem taking power from the two dragons etc but we shall see
    Last edited by Valdoom; 1st March 2012 at 5:47 PM.
    OMEGA RUBY TEAM

Incase you guys were wondering, Kyurem's biography on the japanese movie website updated, and according to a translation of it, Kyurem becomes Black Kyurem and White Kyurem though absorbing Reshiram's and Zekrom's genes.

Source

I'm kind of disappointed that Kyurem's form change is just the product of absorbing the other dragon's power. That's a lot less exciting than some of the theories I've seen floating around.

Also agreed that considering for both of Kyurem's forms, only half of its body has Zekrom/Reshiram's attributes, it seems plausible for Kyurem to have a final form with attributes from both of them. Kyurem doesn't seem to be related to the ultimate dragon Zekrom and Reshiram were split from, though, and I'm dissppointed they won't be expanding on that (from what we know).

~Psychic

Page 11 of 259 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast