Page 128 of 259 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 6475

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Maybe Keldeo's "form" change isn't supposed to represent maturity. Maybe it's supposed to represent the other Musketeers lending their power to him. Unless it's irreversible, in which case it would be maturing.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Maybe Keldeo's "form" change isn't supposed to represent maturity. Maybe it's supposed to represent the other Musketeers lending their power to him. Unless it's irreversible, in which case it would be maturing.
    I doubt it's irreversible. In the scans it was showing the muskedeers in white light, most likely giving their power to Keldeo, and it was, I think, confirmed that Keldeo obtains its new form/forme when it learns Secret Sword.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    I think the idea is that Keldeo matured, so it looks stronger, but it has no reason to mature by changing its looks drastically.
    Either way, the difference isn't really that noticeable, which is disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I don't know, the whole reason people hated the new Kyurem and Kami Trio Formes was because the changes were so drastic, so perhaps there is a middle line GF has yet to reach...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

2 kilo Mockingbird

That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

I don't know, the whole reason people hated the new Kyurem and Kami Trio Formes was because the changes were so drastic, so perhaps there is a middle line GF has yet to reach...
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Requesting signature capabilities

Fun with SI prefixes:

2 kilo Mockingbird

Requesting signature capabilities
    Be my guest. :P It's true, after all. Every new thing for Pokemon has someone who complains about it.

Everything new thing for every game franchise has someone who complains about it. It is not exclusive to Pokémon.

Btw, the Kami Trio alternate forms are gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Either way, the difference isn't really that noticeable, which is disappointing.
    Neither is Deoxys-N compared to Deoxys-A. Personally, I think the difference between Usual Form and Resolution Form is noticeable enough.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Wait people hated those changes? Ok Kyurem I guess I can understand but the Kami trio changes were needed considering how their normal forms all looked like they're one Pokémon. I love their new forms, they've moved from three of my least favourite Gen V Pokémon to being pretty cool and Tornadus being one of my favourite flying types.

Even though there are a few changes between the two designs, I am already in love with Keldeo's new form... I love the heroic and confident look it seems to possess. Just to be a little critical, his body could have also gotten little design differences, but doesn't matter, I love it as it is.

To be 100% honest here...I'm not happy with all these formes. Don't get me wrong, I love Kyurem's new formes, and sure, the Kami Trio looked kinda boring before, but the formes were not at all needed. But now we have Keldeo, which look almost exactly the same? That means in gen 5, every legendary except for the first three of the Muskateer quartet, and genesect (Unless you count the colour of its back changing every time to change its drive as a forme) I mean come on, going little forme crazy, aren't we Nintendo?

Name: Flare
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Planned Pokemon Y Team:

Planned Pokemon X Team:

3DS FC is: 1220 7327 1929. Feel free to add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    To be 100% honest here...I'm not happy with all these formes. Don't get me wrong, I love Kyurem's new formes, and sure, the Kami Trio looked kinda boring before, but the formes were not at all needed. But now we have Keldeo, which look almost exactly the same? That means in gen 5, every legendary except for the first three of the Muskateer quartet, and genesect (Unless you count the colour of its back changing every time to change its drive as a forme) I mean come on, going little forme crazy, aren't we Nintendo?
    Victini didn't get a new form.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Zekrom and reshiram did not get a new form

First thing that came to mind when I saw Keldeo's new forme? Kratos Aurion. Please, don't ask why. Still curious about it stats.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Ok I forgot about those three, but still. None of these ew formes (Except for kyurem) were needed at all.

Name: Flare
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Planned Pokemon Y Team:

Planned Pokemon X Team:

3DS FC is: 1220 7327 1929. Feel free to add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessangel17 View Post
    Unova Legendaries with form changes: 6 (Keldeo, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Meloetta, Kyurem)

Unova Legendaries without form changes: 7 (Reshiram, Zekrom, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Genesect, Victini)

I don't think it's too many; it'd be even if there were either one more or one less legendary respectively. Plus, I'd say that the Kami formes were a great addition, since before they were essentially just palette swaps of one-another; practically everybody who's been playing since Platinum expected a forme change for Kyurem so no surprise there; Keldeo may not have been "necessary," but is anything in Pokemon really "necessary"? It is just a game, after all, and Keldeo's form change does make sense story-wise.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

The only thing I don't like is the excessive amount of legendaries they are creating in each new generation.
    They should make only 3 or 5, like in Kanto/Johto.

I am okay with new forms/formes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    The only thing I don't like is the excessive amount of legendaries they are creating in each new generation.
    They should make only 3 or 5, like in Kanto/Johto.

I am okay with new forms/formes.
    But legendaries always have a purpose to their region. It's not a big deal. Besides Kanto/Johto were Gen 1 and 2, we've definitley developed since then.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Not necessarily. See, while many of them are simply aesthetical changes, Wormadam has different "forms", but their stat distribution and type are unique for each one. Rotom and Darmanitan have "forms" with major differences, too. It's just that "Forme" is reserved for legendaries, I guess.
    SO I finally got my white cart out to check this but:
    Wormadam's & Darmanitan's changes are not referred to explicitly as "forms".
    Wormadam's differences (this extends to Burmy as well) are called _____ Cloak. Darmanitan's are referred to as _______ Mode.

Meanwhile, someone like Cherrim, labeled as Sunshine Form/Overcast Form. Castform's forms are all ______ Form as well for reference (except the default state, just called "Normal")
    Compare this to Shaymin. That is referred to as Land Forme & Sky Forme.

edit: and yes the basculins are also "XXXX-Striped Form"

Based on this, and obviously there's always a chance they could change this, stat redistribution isn't something that really happens with what GameFreak classes a "form." Because they're weird, I guess.
    Last edited by R_N; 14th June 2012 at 2:28 AM.

I'm happy with every forme/form we've recieved so far..
    Kyurem was obvious and self-explanatory, the designs are great.
    Kami was totally unexpected but I absolutely love their designs and concepts..
    Keldeo has that confident look as if it's prepared for any adversary, and it looks stronger.

- I'm more pleased with the formes we've got in Gen 5 as opposed to Gen 4 :]
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    But legendaries always have a purpose to their region.
    Not all of them. Legendaries like Heatran, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin and Victini are pretty much pointless.

It's not a big deal.
    It is and I am not the only one who think this way.
    Personally, I hope they make less legendaries in the next generation.

Besides Kanto/Johto were Gen 1 and 2, we've definitley developed since then.
    You don't say?

They did introduce quite a few, I'm a fan of Isshu's Legendaries.
    So I'm not against it, as long as I like the Pokemon themselves :]
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Not all of them. Legendaries like Heatran, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin and Victini are pretty much pointless.

It is and I am not the only one who think this way.
    Personally, I hope they make less legendaries in the next generation.

You don't say?
    How is it a big deal? If you don't like a legendary, don't catch it. Not a big deal.

Also, to nitpick, Heatran created an entire island, which I would call rather important...

Fun with SI prefixes:

2 kilo Mockingbird

How is it a big deal? If you don't like a legendary, don't catch it. Not a big deal.

Also, to nitpick, Heatran created an entire island, which I would call rather important...
    I think the island-creating was more the volcano's responsibility; things like that usually are.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Page 128 of 259 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast