Page 211 of 259 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 6475

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

There is a possibility that they could make them seperate pokemon for the exclusive gamw, yet I highly doubt this, any ideas on this theory?
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Leggs View Post
    Given the fact that Kyurem changes formes freely in the movie, there's no real reason that it can't happen in spin-off games.
    Hmm, that's true. Mystery Dungeon games, main series games, and the anime are all three different continuities. I'm still going with my answer, though, since to my knowledge I don't think there's even been a fifth-generation Mystery Dungeon game until now.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

There is a possibility that they could make them seperate pokemon for the exclusive gamw, yet I highly doubt this, any ideas on this theory?

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Well it's only 1 game, first of all.

Also there's no real reason not to use the Gene Wedge. Just because, in BW2, it's used by a person [Pretty sure it was originally an actual byproduct of the split or something] doesn't mean a Pokemon can't use it or whatever.
    If PMD dudes can use TMs I see no reason why Kyurem couldn't use the wedge. Besides, trade evolution Pokemon evolve with a "Link Cable" anyway so

My guess is they'll probably find a way to involve the Magnagates or whatever in it.

Anyone wonder why the localization time for B/W2 was only 3 months? When normally it would be 6?

Anyone wonder why the localization time for B/W2 was only 3 months? When normally it would be 6?
    Technically 4, but yes, a bit. I'm not complaining, though. 6 months is a long localization period, and I'd like them to cut it down as much as possible. Maybe some day in the distant future we can cut it down to weeks instead of months. You know, like normal games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Why did it take 6 months though, and not 4? I'm not complaining either btw.

Why did it take 6 months though, and not 4?
    Do you honestly believe GameFreak would say anything about this?

And four, by the way, is still far too long compared to other games.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Do you honestly believe GameFreak would say anything about this?And four, by the way, is still far too long compared to other games.
    Honestly, I was asking for an opinion, not a fact. You'd have to be dumber than a sack of peanuts to think they'd announce that. I was asking why you think it took that long, Pardon me. And btw, i'm wondering why the heck it takes so long for a pokemon game.

Honestly, I was asking for an opinion, not a fact.
    What is there to formulate an opinion on, then? What information do we have concerning localization times?

The only answer I can personally give is that it's a break in the formula that I mentioned before (possibly in another thread):

The regions of generation I-IV are very non-linear, whereas the region of generation V is significantly more linear.
    The time between the different event-only legendary Pokémon events was much longer in generations III and IV than in generation V.
    Adding to this, the average localization period for main series generation I-IV games took six months, whereas that of a pair of generation V games takes only four months.

But of course, I only give this answer due to the lack of information regarding localization time trends of Pokémon games.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    What is there to formulate an opinion on, then? What information do we have concerning localization times?
    Not an opinion, and idea. Pardon me again. I wish it took only a few weeks. Oh well, 2 and a half weeks to go, who's excited?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    The only answer I can personally give is that it's a break in the formula that I mentioned before (possibly in another thread):

The regions of generation I-IV are very non-linear, whereas the region of generation V is significantly more linear.
    The time between the different event-only legendary Pokémon events was much longer in generations III and IV than in generation V.
    Adding to this, the average localization period for main series generation I-IV games took six months, whereas that of a pair of generation V games takes only four months.

But of course, I only give this answer due to the lack of information regarding localization time trends of Pokémon games.
    I don't think region linearity and localization time are related.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't think region linearity and localization time are related.
    Yeah, but it's really the only answer I can give due to there not really being any information pertaining to localization times... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Yeah, but it's really the only answer I can give due to there not really being any information pertaining to localization times... ever.
    If that were true, though, then why did BW1 take the full 6 months?

EDIT: Something just occurred to me as I was going through some of my old posts on SEGA (I posted a thread about this there). Remember right after BW1 was released in Japan, Serebii received a cease and desist from Nintendo in regards to his coverage of the game? And remember how outraged some of us (myself included) got that they were doing that? Maybe that was a wake up call for them to shorten the localization gap? I mean, that wouldn't have happened if BW1 were released roughly the same time internationally as they were in Japan.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 21st September 2012 at 6:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    If that were true, though, then why did BW1 take the full 6 months?
    Yeah, that's why I said "a pair of generation V games", not "the generation V games". But yeah, as unbelievable that answer may have been, it's the only one I could come up with. :/

Do you guys not think that maybe the localization teams just get better at their jobs or something

Platinum took 6 months and it had a lot less new text than BW2 does in relation to BW1.
    And it used to take, what, a year? 3 months might be the new norm for Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Do you guys not think that maybe the localization teams just get better at their jobs or something
    Of course. But in the same vein, the event Pokémon distribution team could just be getting better at timing those event Pokémon releases. My rather unbelievable "break in formula" still stands.

Platinum took 6 months and it had a lot less new text than BW2 does in relation to BW1.
    And it used to take, what, a year? 3 months might be the new norm for Pokemon
    Let's hope so. I'd like them to shorten the gap a little more, but 3-4 months is pretty good for now.

I was wondering if B/W2 will have a midnight release at gamestop this year? Anyone know?

I'm not reading 260 pages so not sure if this has been pointed out, but the Gen IV legendary theme for Dalkia and Palkia is in the game files (SEQ_BGM_VS_DPLEGEND) and sounds exactly the same as the theme from Pearl/Diamond/Platinum for Legendaries. Could they be making a return? Probably as an event.

I've not found the Gen V legendary theme yet though so... (EDIT: Scratch that, it's SEQ_BGM_VS_MOVEPOKE / SEQ_BGM_VS_SETPOKE)
    Last edited by Pyrii; 25th September 2012 at 2:01 AM.
    Pyrii on: PGL (PDW4) | Raptr
    Pyrii's Price Lists: Pokemon Black & White 2 | 3DS XL

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    I'm not reading 260 pages so not sure if this has been pointed out, but the Gen IV legendary theme for Dalkia and Palkia is in the game files (SEQ_BGM_VS_DPLEGEND) and sounds exactly the same as the theme from Pearl/Diamond/Platinum for Legendaries. Could they be making a return? Probably as an event.

I've not found the Gen V legendary theme yet though so... (EDIT: Scratch that, it's SEQ_BGM_VS_MOVEPOKE / SEQ_BGM_VS_SETPOKE)
    Are you sure that it's Dialga & Palkia's theme and not the general DP legend theme? Because Heatran uses that. Even if not, there is no Dialga/Palkia event anywhere in the game

Are you sure that it's Dialga & Palkia's theme and not the general DP legend theme? Because Heatran uses that. Even if not, there is no Dialga/Palkia event anywhere in the game
    It could just be the general legendary theme from D/P/P as I remember the theme from battling Darkrai too. it's been awhile, my memory's a little fuzzy I guess. It's not amongst the B&W1 files so it's certainly an addition.
    Pyrii on: PGL (PDW4) | Raptr
    Pyrii's Price Lists: Pokemon Black & White 2 | 3DS XL

Page 211 of 259 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast