Page 223 of 259 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 6475

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Well...it does eat Reshiram/Zekrom...

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Well...it does eat Reshiram/Zekrom...
    Actually it forces them back into Stone form and absorbs them.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Actually it forces them back into Stone form and absorbs them.
    The stone goes into its mouth. Thus it eats them

Yep, it's basically a Pokemon Eat Pokemon game, or Kyurem is like Kirby, either way it's pretty interesting.

The stone goes into its mouth. Thus it eats them
    No...it doesn't...it gets absorbed by its "wings," as seen here:

KAbso.jpg
    Last edited by Endolise; 10th October 2012 at 7:40 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

No...it doesn't...it gets absorbed by its "wings," as seen here:

KAbso.jpg
    Oh me and my imagination affecting my memory. My bad

This is total speculation, but an idea just came to me in regards to how Ghetsis was controlling Kyurem.

If you check Ghetsis' cane after defeating him, the dialogue (technically, another instance of the player character's thoughts appearing on-screen) says "It's the cane that Ghetsis was holding. Was he controlling Kyurem with it?" Additionally, when you first encounter Colress on the Frigate, he states that he was "asked by an acquaintance to help with his research." Obviously, the acquaintance was Ghetsis and that research probably concerned Kyurem. Now what that does this all matter?

The Colress Machine.

It's merely a prototype, but even then, it's capable of energizing nearby Pokemon. It's also given to you by Colress some time prior to Team Plasma's invasion of the Giant Chasm, so chances are, Colress didn't need it anymore.

Now, what if Ghetsis' cane is the final result of the Colress Machine technology? Capable of not only awakening a Pokemon's latent power, but controlling it as well? It makes sense; Colress gave you the old Colress MCHN because he had already perfected the technology and implemented it into Ghetsis' cane. Also, Kyurem had been on Team Plasma's ship this whole time, right next to Colress' chamber, so he would have had no problem accessing it for experimentation. Considering all of these facts, I suggest that Colress constructed Ghetsis' cane and imbued it with the perfected "latent energy" technology, which gave Ghetsis the ability to awaken and control Kyurem's power.

As an added bonus, this all ties in to the "how to bring out a Pokemon's true power" theme of BW2, which I felt could have been a lot more overtly significant than it was.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

It's possible. Too bad we'll never find out

That would mean Black City/White Forest would also be accessible. Idk that area would seem kind of useless for the main adventure
    Black City/White Forest should've had more to do anyway.

This is total speculation, but an idea just came to me in regards to how Ghetsis was controlling Kyurem.

If you check Ghetsis' cane after defeating him, the dialogue (technically, another instance of the player character's thoughts appearing on-screen) says "It's the cane that Ghetsis was holding. Was he controlling Kyurem with it?" Additionally, when you first encounter Colress on the Frigate, he states that he was "asked by an acquaintance to help with his research." Obviously, the acquaintance was Ghetsis and that research probably concerned Kyurem. Now what that does this all matter?

The Colress Machine.

It's merely a prototype, but even then, it's capable of energizing nearby Pokemon. It's also given to you by Colress some time prior to Team Plasma's invasion of the Giant Chasm, so chances are, Colress didn't need it anymore.

Now, what if Ghetsis' cane is the final result of the Colress Machine technology? Capable of not only awakening a Pokemon's latent power, but controlling it as well? It makes sense; Colress gave you the old Colress MCHN because he had already perfected the technology and implemented it into Ghetsis' cane. Also, Kyurem had been on Team Plasma's ship this whole time, right next to Colress' chamber, so he would have had no problem accessing it for experimentation. Considering all of these facts, I suggest that Colress constructed Ghetsis' cane and imbued it with the perfected "latent energy" technology, which gave Ghetsis the ability to awaken and control Kyurem's power.

As an added bonus, this all ties in to the "how to bring out a Pokemon's true power" theme of BW2, which I felt could have been a lot more overtly significant than it was.
    Excellent theory, that makes sense of so much in the storyline. I wonder why Ghetsis left his cane behind, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Excellent theory, that makes sense of so much in the storyline. I wonder why Ghetsis left his cane behind, though.
    Thanks; Didn't he jam it into the ground before he got removed by the Triad? Or am I misremembering?
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Including the entire Eastern Unova would make the game way more longer than it already is. Plus it's kind of out of the way of things unless they connected Marlon's city (I forget the name and I'm too lazy to look it up) to the route with the P2 lab instead

Including the entire Eastern Unova would make the game way more longer than it already is. Plus it's kind of out of the way of things unless they connected Marlon's city (I forget the name and I'm too lazy to look it up) to the route with the P2 lab instead
    Why would they give you access to all of Southeast Unova before you beat the game? I was merely suggesting making Black City/White Forest, Rt. 15, and Marvellous Bridge accessible.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Why would they give you access to all of Southeast Unova before you beat the game? I was merely suggesting making Black City/White Forest, Rt. 15, and Marvellous Bridge accessible.
    I said eastern Unova, not southeast Unova

Perhaps a legendary to capture after you beat all ten levels of the area that corresponds to your version or something? (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I said eastern Unova, not southeast Unova
    Well then why did you bring up P2 Laboratory? It's nowhere near Black City/White Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Perhaps a legendary to capture after you beat all ten levels of the area that corresponds to your version or something? (:
    Nah, even if they did allow access to Black City/White Forest, I don't think they'd allow access to Black Tower/White Treehollow. I was thinking more along the lines of having more to do in the actual city.

Nah, even if they did allow access to Black City/White Forest, I don't think they'd allow access to Black Tower/White Treehollow. I was thinking more along the lines of having more to do in the actual city.
    Oh, I didn't mean that the player would be able to capture the legendary over the course in the game. I agree that there should've been some stuff to do in Black City and White Forest (akin to what both you and I said beforehand on the subject).

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Well then why did you bring up P2 Laboratory? It's nowhere near Black City/White Forest.
    It's in the route between Marvelous Bridge and Black City/White forest...

edit: Oh durr, I meant the Poketransfer lab.

Once the credits role in BW1, everything else is no longer cannon as well as catching the musketeers. That's my theory.

It's in the route between Marvelous Bridge and Black City/White forest...

edit: Oh durr, I meant the Poketransfer lab.
    Oh. Well they could just close the Poketransfer Lab until post game, then. But anyway, they should have opened up Rt. 15 and Black City/White Forest by the time you arrive in Undella, then at least you'd have an optional area to visit and some more Pokemon to capture (like Pupitar).

Oh. Well they could just close the Poketransfer Lab until post game, then. But anyway, they should have opened up Rt. 15 and Black City/White Forest by the time you arrive in Undella, then at least you'd have an optional area to visit and some more Pokemon to capture (like Pupitar).
    Or they could have that route connect to Himau instead of Undella. Besides, having an optional route in the main game would be weird

Or they could have that route connect to Himau instead of Undella. Besides, having an optional route in the main game would be weird
    No it wouldn't. They've done it many times before. What about Kanto Rt. 11, Rt. 12-15/Rt. 16-18, Rt. 47-48, Rt. 103, Rt. 115, Rt. 123, Rt. 125, Rt. 129-134, Rt. 219-221, Rt. 211E/W, Rt. 212N, Rt. 212S, Unova Rt. 16, Rt. 14 (BW2) and Rt. 9 (BW2)? They need to be making more optional routes, not less.

No it wouldn't. They've done it many times before. What about Kanto Rt. 11, Rt. 12-15/Rt. 16-18, Rt. 47-48, Rt. 103, Rt. 115, Rt. 123, Rt. 125, Rt. 129-134, Rt. 219-221, Rt. 211E/W, Rt. 212N, Rt. 212S, Unova Rt. 16, Rt. 14 (BW2) and Rt. 9 (BW2)? They need to be making more optional routes, not less.
    I am honestly too lazy to look up what all those routes are.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlueLatios View Post
    What do you mean by this?

In BW1 the player catches Kyurem but then does this mean TP had taken it from him/her? Or does it not matter since Kyurem wasnt supposed to be known to be part of the tao trio then?
    Doesn't this fallacy apply to every third version? You could catch Rayquaza in R/S, and Giratina in D/P...

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Doesn't this fallacy apply to every third version? You could catch Rayquaza in R/S, and Giratina in D/P...
    Edit: Whoops, misunderstood the post. I guess what I should be saying is that it's possibly not canon that you caught those pokemon since you're not forced to do it in the story like Zekrom/Reshiram.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 11th October 2012 at 6:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    It appears that the PCs canonical team is based of a starter and any gift pokemon they receive/non-legendary stationary pokemon they encounter. Red's entire team were gift pokes in Yellow.

So the BW PC definitely has a starter and Reshiram/Zekrom. A monkey, Darmanitan-Z, Zoroark and a fossil/Volcarona looks about right, if a little Fire type heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 223 of 259 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast