Page 226 of 259 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 6475

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    So here's an interesting theory put forth by Juniper (may be corrected/elaborated/confirmed later on I literally just read it~): The meteorite that created the Giant Chasm may have been the dragon stone
    Hm...I wonder if that means that the OD was in stone form, crashed into the Giant Chasm, and then split into three stones, which then became the dragons? That certainly seems a lot neater than my "Kyurem's fall was mistaken for a meteor" idea.

EDIT: The DNA Splicers would have been a product of the split as well, so perhaps the OD's stone is a lot bigger than Resh/Zek's, and it fragmented into the three stones and the Splicers as it fell through the atmosphere.
    Last edited by Endolise; 13th October 2012 at 5:46 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Hm...I wonder if that means that the OD was in stone form, crashed into the Giant Chasm, and then split into three stones? That certainly seems a lot neater than my "Kyurem's fall was mistaken for a meteor" idea.
    I think Drayden is going to clarify the legend more, so I guess we'll see.
    Maybe your theory is right: it's just Kyurem in stone form?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I think Drayden is going to clarify the legend more, so I guess we'll see.
    Maybe your theory is right: it's just Kyurem in stone form?
    Perhaps. As an alternative to the idea of an "OD Stone," maybe the OD split into three stones. Juniper did suggest that the stone and the meteor were the same thing, but she didn't specify which stone. Also, as I pointed out in my edited post, the DNA Splicers still had to come from somewhere.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Roaming legendaries aren't that hard to catch if you know what you're doing. Just weaken it first and then get a high level Wobbuffet (easily caught in Cerulean Cave in both FRLG and HGSS) and thanks to Shadow Tag, there's nothing they can do to escape (unless in a future game they give roaming legendaries Mold Breaker or something, but as of now that hasn't happened yet), plus with Wobbuffet's high HP it'll take forever to kill it, which is more than enough time to throw a few dozen balls at it. And now that Gothitelle and Chandelure have Shadow Tag as well, you can use them too if you want. It's worked like a charm since 3rd gen.
    I guess the problem that arises for shiny hunters is more that in order to even find the Pokémon, the player would have to travel to and from and route constantly just to get it to show up for the first time. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Drayden
    Let me tell you the story. It's a long story, but listen closely.
    It was two years ago when the two dragon Pokemon awakened.
    The black dragon Pokemon, Zekrom, pursued what is ideal, with the desire to usher in a new world of hope.
    And the white dragon, Reshiram, sought what is true, with the desire to usher in a new world of goodness.
    Zekrom and Reshiram were once a single Pokemon.

*Drayden turns*
    You may wonder why it split in two.
    The single dragon Pokemon had helped the twin heroes bring a new region into being.
    But the twin heroes--the older brother who sought the truth and the younger brother who sought ideals--sundered the region in two as they fought to see which of them was right.
    In that desperate hour, the single dragon Pokemon split its body into a black Pokemon and a white Pokemon, even though ideals and truth don't need to be in opposition!

*Drayden paces*
    As the story goes, a third dragon Pokemon, Kyurem, also came into existence in that era.
    And there may be proof of this to be found in a treasure passed down in my family for generations: the DNA Splicers.
    Professor Juniper's research determined that the materials in the splicers date back to the same era as the materials used in building the Dragonspiral Tower. [me note: Say whaaaa]

*Drayden faces you*
    Oh, the DNA Splicers are stored very safely.
    I guard them because I don't know what kind of power might lie within them.
    But here's what's been bothering me...Could there be one more dragon Pokemon?
    Even if Kyurem really exists [note: Kyurem itself was never mentioned by name in Lacunosa's legend], we don't know what kind of Pokemon it is.
    For starters, the two Pokemon the ancient Pokemon split into are both overwhelmingly powerful.
    So if Kyurem exists, could it just be a husk--a shell that was left over?
    And then Plasma attacks so that's enough exposition out of him for the time being :V

Just thought it'd be nice to have the full translated conversation out on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    They will probably stop with sprites in next generation (unfortunately, I love sprites :|).

So yeah, the "error" in Kyurem's sprite should be corrected in the next games.
    What do you mean they're going to stop with sprites? How else are we going to see our pokemon?

And I got my Genesect I love it! It's a real powerhouse and a vital member of my team.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

They will probably stop with sprites in next generation (unfortunately, I love sprites :|).

So yeah, the "error" in Kyurem's sprite should be corrected in the next games.
    Actually they've said they'll stick with sprites for some time. I think it's because they can be more artistic with them or something like that. Then again, GF could just change their mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    What do you mean they're going to stop with sprites? How else are we going to see our pokemon?
    3D models, perhaps? I mean, 6th gen is going to be on the 3DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    They may choose to use 3D models instead of sprites. They are easier to create and the 3DS has enough power to handle a lot of them.
    That being said, personally I hope they never replace the sprites by 3D models.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Actually they've said they'll stick with sprites for some time. I think it's because they can be more artistic with them or something like that.
    Really? Do you have a source?

They may choose to use 3D models instead of sprites. They are easier to create and the 3DS has enough power to handle a lot of them.
    That being said, personally I hope they never replace the sprites by 3D models.
    I prefer sprites over 3D models as well, but are 3D models really easier to create? I never knew that... o.O
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

I prefer sprites over 3D models as well, but are 3D models really easier to create? I never knew that... o.O
    According to some people who actually work with both 3D models and sprites, yes, they are easier to create.
    And if I am not mistaken, the game developer Capcom said that they prefer to make 3D/cell shading fighting games for this reason;

I was surprised at first too, but after giving it some thought, it makes sense...
    When you create an animated sprite, you have to manually make each frame, one by one and "mount" them after.

This does not happen when you are working with 3D models. You just need to make the model and your job is practically all done.

According to some people who actually work with both 3D models and sprites, yes, they are easier to create.

I was surprised at first too, but after giving it some thought, it makes sense...
    When you create an animated sprite, you have to manually make each frame, one by one and "mount" them after.

This does not happen when you are working with 3D models.
    You just need to make the model itself.

That is the main reason 99% of the MMORPGs are 3D and not 2D.
    Oooh, I see. That does seem easier.

I wonder if the environments will be rendered in 3D as well...

(This is sorely off-topic.)
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Sooo how about those legendary Pokemon guys?

Oooh, I see. That does seem easier.

I wonder if the environments will be rendered in 3D as well...

(This is sorely off-topic.)
    Well the environments are already rendered in 3D since DPPt.
    We just can't rotate and see them for all perspectives because they put a lock, but there is a code that allows us to see them.

Only the characters are still sprites and honestly, I do not mind much if they change the battles from sprites to 3D model, but I will be very sad if they change this:

to some crap like this:

Spoiler:- spoiler:

PS: You don't need to reply, let's end the off-topic before a moderator appears. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Sooo how about those legendary Pokemon guys?
    Hey. That's my gag. :P

I'm still trying to figure out how all this new Kyurem information ties into the old myth.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Hey. That's my gag. :P

I'm still trying to figure out how all this new Kyurem information ties into the old myth.
    Well Ghetsis does confirm that Kyurem is the remains of the dragon that Reshiram and Zekrom split from...

Well Ghetsis does confirm that Kyurem is the remains of the dragon that Reshiram and Zekrom split from...
    I think he's talking about the Lacunosa Town myth. How Kyurem was rumored to eat people that wandered the streets at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

True, but Juniper speculates that the meteor from the Kyurem legend was actually a Dragon Stone. So I'm wondering if it was the OD in stone form, or if the OD split into three stones that then fell through the atmosphere, or what. And where the DNA Splicers came from. They're composed of materials that date back to the era of Dragonspiral Tower, but as far as I can tell, they were produced by the split.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think he's talking about the Lacunosa Town myth. How Kyurem was rumored to eat people that wandered the streets at night.
    That was probably just a rumour because they knew a big scary monster dragon was living nearby

True, but Juniper speculates that the meteor from the Kyurem legend was actually a Dragon Stone. So I'm wondering if it was the OD in stone form, or if the OD split into three stones that then fell through the atmosphere, or what. And where the DNA Splicers came from. They're composed of materials that date back to the era of Dragonspiral Tower, but as far as I can tell, they were produced by the split.
    Actually, that remind me of the dummied out God Stone. If they were planning on using it for Kyurem and considering the name of it, maybe it was the OD's stone form.

I mean WTF you literally have a conversation with Colress RIGHT IN FRONT OF TERRAKION
    Sorry for digging this back up but to be fair, Colress does hypothesizes that the reason that they're appearing in front of you is because they want to join you during that conversation.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 14th October 2012 at 1:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Sorry for digging this back up but to be fair, Colress does hypothesizes that the reason that they're appearing in front of you is because they want to join you during that conversation.
    Oh he actually mentions the Terrakion? I thought it was completely ignored

Oh he actually mentions the Terrakion? I thought it was completely ignored
    Yeah, as it turns out, the conversation is actually about Terrakion (and the true power of Pokemon and the usual Colress spiel), so it's not like they're just totally oblivious to it.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Yeah, as it turns out, the conversation is actually about Terrakion, so it's not like they're just totally oblivious to it.
    Oh I had a feeling it was like that but then Colress gave you the machine so I thought it was about something different

Out of all places, why did Terrakion have to be put on the Route before the Giant Chasm? It's as if they didn't have any other place to put it. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Out of all places, why did Terrakion have to be put on the Route before the Giant Chasm? It's as if they didn't have any other place to put it. :/
    Well to be fair, where else would they put it? I suppose putting it in the route between Giant Chasm and the Victory Road would be a good placement, but then it would be too far apart from the other Musketeers. Then again, Terrakion in BW1 was like that too...

Page 226 of 259 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast