Page 255 of 259 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259 LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 6475

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I have yet to catch a Legendary in a Quick Ball
    I caught Azelf with a Quick Ball on Pearl.

Of course, that experience led me to believe that this was normal, and I wasted hours of my life attempting to replicate it against Uxie.

Come to think of it, I have yet to 'Critical Capture' a Legendary as well...I think I'm failing @ this
    Critical captures are dependent on your Pokedex's "Caught" number, as well as the final capture rate of whatever you're trying to catch (that is, the odds that you'll catch the Pokemon without invoking a Critical Capture). I'd like to point out that if you've captured less than 151 Pokemon, the odds of a critical capture occurring can never be above 1.172% (assuming a capture of a Lv. 68 Regigigas, Asleep, 1 HP, 11+ turn Timer Ball, Capture Power MAX).

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    No, you cannot catch it without hacking.

Also, I think you mean when Resihram became White Kyurem. Although technically it's Kyurem becoming White Kyurem, not Reshiram. It just absorbs Reshiram.
    Ah that's good to know coz I'd be mad that I didn't catch it XD

I haven't caught any legends in my W2. I'm SR'ing them for shinies (I hope!), nya~

I've been wondering, Kyogre and Groudon, when woken up, automatically find eatch other and fight to the death. What is their reason in fighting? And also, can Kyogre fly? I've seen it happen in SSBB. Not asking if he can learn fly, I'm asking if he can fly in general.
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Critical captures are dependent on your Pokedex's "Caught" number, as well as the final capture rate of whatever you're trying to catch (that is, the odds that you'll catch the Pokemon without invoking a Critical Capture). I'd like to point out that if you've captured less than 151 Pokemon, the odds of a critical capture occurring can never be above 1.172% (assuming a capture of a Lv. 68 Regigigas, Asleep, 1 HP, 11+ turn Timer Ball, Capture Power MAX).
    I am well aware of the statistics of getting a critical capture.

I've just never gotten one for a Legendary.

I am well aware of the statistics of getting a critical capture.

I've just never gotten one for a Legendary.
    Dude I'm going to let you in a little secret. I might have done, but if I did I can't remember.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    I've been wondering, Kyogre and Groudon, when woken up, automatically find eatch other and fight to the death. What is their reason in fighting? And also, can Kyogre fly? I've seen it happen in SSBB. Not asking if he can learn fly, I'm asking if he can fly in general.
    From what we've been told it's simply extreme rivalry. That and Gamefreak needed a reason for both to appear so Rayquaza could calm them down. I don't know about flying but Kyogre can be pretty damn airborne when it jumps from the water.

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    From what we've been told it's simply extreme rivalry. That and Gamefreak needed a reason for both to appear so Rayquaza could calm them down. I don't know about flying but Kyogre can be pretty damn airborne when it jumps from the water.
    It's based on the hebrew story of the Leviathan and the Behemoth in the actual story the 2 beasts of the ocean and land would fight to the death in one final battle battle but obviously they couldn't run the whole death thing so they changed Rayquaza's role to be the peacemaker from outer space (heaven) to calm the 2 Pokemon.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    It's based on the hebrew story of the Leviathan and the Behemoth in the actual story the 2 beasts of the ocean and land would fight to the death in one final battle battle but obviously they couldn't run the whole death thing so they changed Rayquaza's role to be the peacemaker from outer space (heaven) to calm the 2 Pokemon.
    Well, peacemaker from the sky, but yes.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

My only question is, is it possible to get shiny legendaries? Mainly pokemon like ho-oh lugia (stationary) cuz im about to start soft resetting for certain legends so I just wanted to know if this was true or not before i started
    Epic trades for you!

FC:
    Black 2: 4857 4837 4412

Offering:
    DWF:

Looking for:

Please if you want any of these and more just PM me!

All of the above are only available in black/white 2... I'm waiting for the pokemon transporter :P

In Pokemon x/y
    FC: 3754-6299-8594

Offering: Chespin, Fennekin, Squirtle, protean froakie
    Vivillions: elegant, modern
    Things I'm looking for: Mega pinsir's stone, mewtwo x's stone, mega tyranitars stone, mega manectric's stone

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsgod View Post
    My only question is, is it possible to get shiny legendaries? Mainly pokemon like ho-oh lugia (stationary) cuz im about to start soft resetting for certain legends so I just wanted to know if this was true or not before i started
    For the most part, yes, for instance I got a shiny Suicune in HGSS. But there are a few exceptions, some are shiny locked. Mainly event Pokemon (they're either intended to be shiny or their not, there is no chance of getting a shiny event Pokemon), and Reshiram/Zekrom (with the exception of BW1 if you come to N's Castle with your P.C. and party completely full IIRC).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    For the most part, yes, for instance I got a shiny Suicune in HGSS. But there are a few exceptions, some are shiny locked. Mainly event Pokemon (they're either intended to be shiny or their not, there is no chance of getting a shiny event Pokemon), and Reshiram/Zekrom (with the exception of BW1 if you come to N's Castle with your P.C. and party completely full IIRC).
    That's false, there is no way of getting Shiny Zekrom and Reshiram in Black and White 1 without resorting to hacks, because these very two legendaries were also shiny checked. I recall the party/P.C. being a hoax.

As proven by Smogonites who managed to hack the game code to get such information: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthr...=61090&page=24

Why do they shiny lock Legendary Pokemon anyway?

Part of the fun in obtaining/hunting a Legendary is to get a shiny one.

Why do they shiny lock Legendary Pokemon anyway?

Part of the fun in obtaining/hunting a Legendary is to get a shiny one.
    Agreed, though I guess you could argue that Zekrom/Reshiram is for story consistency.

Well it's not really Gen V anymore, but anyway, they've been fighting since the dawn of history. It's because one wants to increase the land masses and one wants to expand the seas. As you can see this is quite a dilemma since both can't happen at the same time. And since negotiations are so yesterday, they decided to settle it with a monumental battle. But that may end up destroying the world, so Rayquaza, the bouse he is, decided to become the world's first moderator and sent both of them to a very long time out.

And, no, Kyogre can't learn Fly. He's probably just on a very long/high jump.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

I know, I even said "No, not asking if he can learn fly." In my previous post. But thank you

So does anyone think that they will ever let us see what Kyurem looked like originally? Like if you have Black and White Kyurem and have an event where you can combine them. I wonder what it looks like and what type of Pokemon it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by tedturtle View Post
    So does anyone think that they will ever let us see what Kyurem looked like originally? Like if you have Black and White Kyurem and have an event where you can combine them. I wonder what it looks like and what type of Pokemon it would be.
    I don't think we'll ever see the OD. I hope we don't.

I've been wondering, Kyogre and Groudon, when woken up, automatically find eatch other and fight to the death. What is their reason in fighting?
    Territorial feuds. One of them expands the land, the other expands the sea, both things can't take the same space, and both legendaries want more space.
    Last edited by Ver-mont; 7th December 2012 at 4:47 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by tedturtle View Post
    I hope so, but we'll see.

I've been wondering, Kyogre and Groudon, when woken up, automatically find eatch other and fight to the death. What is their reason in fighting?
    I always assumed that it was because those two eco-idiots went and presented the wrong Orbs to their respective titans. When Maxie flashed the Blue Orb in front of Groudon, the energy in the Blue Orb likely disturbed Groudon and made him think "Dammit not that guy again..."

And also, can Kyogre fly? I've seen it happen in SSBB. Not asking if he can learn fly, I'm asking if he can fly in general.
    It probably just levitates. Rayquaza has no visible means of propulsion either, and yet, he seems to go snaking across the sky with no trouble at all.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I know, I even said "No, not asking if he can learn fly." In my previous post. But thank you
    Well I guess you can slap an Air Balloon on him, and then technically he'll be "flying". But if you picture that in your mind you must admit that looks rather silly.

It is possible but not probable that Kyogre can fly. Sky is Rayquaza's domain, and that is why he can mediate between the two since neither of them can really trespass into his area. And if you think about it, if Kyogre can fly, that would leave Groudon souring about life as he's the only one stuck to the ground. Because there's really no way you can convince me that the heaviest Pokémon can fly.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

well, if you think about it, in most generation, every main legendary has it better then the other. lugia can go into the sea and the sky. groudon can also go underground. Kyogre, Sea and Sky. Rayquaza, All.

Quote Originally Posted by LightSuicune View Post
    And he was right about it (Dialga/Palkia were successfully creating a new universe for him until the player comes in). Just like Ghetsis would be right about Kyurem.
    No, Dialga/Palkia was creating a singular galaxy. And Cyrus' beliefs were proven wrong when the Distortion World didn't disintegrate upon Giratina's defeat/capture, which Cyrus claimed that it would have since Giratina was, according to his knowledge, an embodiment of the Distortion World and not simply a being capable of manipulating it. Since that was not the case, capturing/defeating Giratina had no ramifications on the Distortion World, and that should be a strong indication that Dialga and Palkia are not embodiments/"gods" of time and space; rather, they are just powerful Pokemon who were created with the ability to warp the temporal and spacial dimensions. Even Cynthia states that she believes the myths to be nothing more than exaggerations of the real thing, and she's much more mentally stable than Cyrus was.

Ghetsis buys into the myths because he believes that they will lead him to power. Does that automatically mean that they were totally inaccurate? No, it just means that Ghetsis' conceptions of the myths are as valid as say, Clyde's, since neither of them were there to witness the actual events and can only go on what the myths tell them. However, Pokemon has used the myths as exaggerations before (Dialga/Palkia being "gods," Regigigas towing the continents with rope, etc.), so what really happened back then concerning the Original Dragon is anyone's guess. It could have happened exactly as the myths said that it did, or it could have happened differently. As the Zoroark in Lostlorn Forest put it, "every legend has a kernel of truth."
    Last edited by Endolise; 7th December 2012 at 10:32 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I'm glad the new Genesect event is going to be for BW1 as well, since I may not have BW2 by then (I did play it, but I only borrowed it. I don't have it anymore). The amount of BW2 only events we've been getting lately disgusts me. Plus, it's going to be shiny, so that's a plus even if you already have Genesect.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm glad the new Genesect event is going to be for BW1 as well, since I may not have BW2 by then (I did play it, but I only borrowed it. I don't have it anymore). The amount of BW2 only events we've been getting lately disgusts me. Plus, it's going to be shiny, so that's a plus even if you already have Genesect.
    I've never gotten a shiny event legendary before outside of a trade so I'm particularly excited for this one

well, if you think about it, in most generation, every main legendary has it better then the other. lugia can go into the sea and the sky. groudon can also go underground. Kyogre, Sea and Sky. Rayquaza, All.
    Since when can Kyorge fly? even better he does not even control any aspect of the Sky other than making it rain
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Page 255 of 259 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259 LastLast