Page 258 of 259 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259 LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 6475

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    What suggests that there are multiple Ho-Oh & Lugia
    There've been multiple shown between the Orre games, Navel Rock, and HGSS.

Or Cresselia
    Palmer and other Battle Thingy people have them, and the one in Unova doesn't seem to be connected to the one in Sinnoh.

or the Musketeers
    Battle Subway people have them, though that's admittedly up for debate in terms of its canonicity.

Or the dogs for that matter but nothing stopping Ho-oh from making more, I suppose.
    They've shown up in FRLG, HGSS, Colosseum, plus a ton of people in Battle Dealies have them. There's also the event shiny beasts, though whether or not that's canonical is also up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    There've been multiple shown between the Orre games, Navel Rock, and HGSS.
    A spin off & an event that most places never got (also: just because they show up there does not imply mutliples. It could easily be them hanging outside of Johto).
    Palmer and other Battle Thingy people have them, and the one in Unova doesn't seem to be connected to the one in Sinnoh.

Battle Subway people have them, though that's admittedly up for debate in terms of its canonicity.
    I cannot think of a single reason why you would believe the Battle facilities to be canon (especially the second rounds)
    edit: the pokemon choices, not the characters obviously

And just because they show up in multiple games does not imply multiples of them. Especially with FRLG & HGSS. They are three years apart and nothing states that any legendary is captured between games (except Reshiram & Zekrom, of course)

How do we know that there aren't multiple Tao trios running around, if they're just an Unovan myth?
    Except it's not a myth, you even find the freaking Dark/Light Stone, and Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem's existence is dependent on the original dragon. It's plausible that there's multiple original dragons, but I don't think Game Freak actually wants us to think there were multiple original dragons that split into multiple tao trios (nor did they even think about it that deeply). They go as far as making sure they can't be shiny.

Also we know that Genesect is unique because it's existence directly relates to Team Plasma. I guess you could argue that Team Plasma created multiple Genesect, however.
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 3rd January 2013 at 2:30 AM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Or the dogs for that matter but nothing stopping Ho-oh from making more, I suppose.
    Doesn't Entei's pokedex entry imply there are more then one?
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Doesn't Entei's pokedex entry imply there are more then one?
    Yes, but that implication is shrouded by the outrageous notion that Entei breed through volcanic eruption.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Yes, but that implication is shrouded by the outrageous notion that Entei breed through volcanic eruption.
    At least that supports the fact that legendary Pokemon can't breed via eggs / putting them in the Daycare. It'd be more fitting for them to breed through more unorthodox methods (like volcanic eruptions), though outrageous they might sound.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Even if there were multiple Original Dragons, how likely is it that it also split into another Tao Trio? Is the species as a whole just terribly indecisive or what. The Tao Trio are some of the few you can definitely rule out multiples.

also re: Entei, another dex entry says that every time it roars a volcano erupts, so I don't think the dex can be fully trusted.

(also: just because they show up there does not imply mutliples. It could easily be them hanging outside of johto)
    I'm pretty sure it's mentioned that Fiorre/Embedded Tower is where Kyogre and Groudon come to chill, so it's entirely possible that other Legends do the same.

Can the Shiny Charm work on getting Shiny Legendary Pokemons? Because i got the shiny charm and i am soft resetting for a Shiny Uxie in Nacrene City. I am trying so hard but it wont work.

I just got another zekrom and Kyogre...I now have 2 of each. my fav legendary is obviously Keldeo!

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

captured my cresselia on bw2 in a heal ball and got a modest heatran :P
    though I used a bold synchronize Ralts to make cresselia bold but it didn't work
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U View Post
    Can the Shiny Charm work on getting Shiny Legendary Pokemons? Because i got the shiny charm and i am soft resetting for a Shiny Uxie in Nacrene City. I am trying so hard but it wont work.
    It does work, but remember it's still a chance, even if the chance is as high as 1/50, if you're unlucky it still can take weeks to get a shiny.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!

T_T

Someone help me.... T_T

I have on my white a Parasect, level 100, spore, false swipe, screech and synthesis. I trained him to be my ultimate catching pokemon... Now I traded him to white 2 and I used him to get all the legendary pokemon I'm trying to catch down to 1 hp and put them to sleep and put their defence down as low as I can... Now I caught Reahiram but it took this strategy and 20 something pokeballs... I then went to take on kyurem... I did the exact same and used.. I don't even know how many ultra balls on him.. He ran out of pp, used struggle and made itself faint..... I'm now trying to catch Mesprit and I used exactly the same and I've used 90 ultra balls... Why can't I catch anything?!?!?!

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!

T_T

Someone help me.... T_T

I have on my white a Parasect, level 100, spore, false swipe, screech and synthesis. I trained him to be my ultimate catching pokemon... Now I traded him to white 2 and I used him to get all the legendary pokemon I'm trying to catch down to 1 hp and put them to sleep and put their defence down as low as I can... Now I caught Reahiram but it took this strategy and 20 something pokeballs... I then went to take on kyurem... I did the exact same and used.. I don't even know how many ultra balls on him.. He ran out of pp, used struggle and made itself faint..... I'm now trying to catch Mesprit and I used exactly the same and I've used 90 ultra balls... Why can't I catch anything?!?!?!
    I had the same problem as you. I was trying to catch stupid Kyurem and I already used way too many Ultraballs and Timerballs (50 each?) and none of them worked. So I thought, something's not clearly alright here. Then, all I did was to take the game out of the cartridge slot, and then put it back. It worked for me.

You always first have to Take 5 Quick balls with you. If youre lucky, you can catch them in the first round with a Quick ball.

Ive catched Azel, Mesprit, Uxie and Cressellia that way.

You always will have to save before encounter a legendary pokemon.

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!

T_T

Someone help me.... T_T

In my opinion, legendary pokemon's capture rates are to low(3 or 45) and ones with 3 should be raised to about 10 or 20.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!

T_T

Someone help me.... T_T

Reshiram has a much higher catch rate than Kyurem. It's fifteen times easier to catch Reshiram than Kyurem.

i whas very lucky once i threw a pokeball for fun on raikou and first try i caught it my face whas like O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    At least that supports the fact that legendary Pokemon can't breed via eggs / putting them in the Daycare. It'd be more fitting for them to breed through more unorthodox methods (like volcanic eruptions), though outrageous they might sound.
    This is highly unlikely, though...

I think that it is just that Legendary Pokemon except Manaphy cannot breed in captivity. Along with this, no Pokemon, Legendary or not can be genderless.
    I assume that their gender is just unknown.

~ Credit to DaisyInari for the battlecut ~
    ~ I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself ~

Lightbulb

That is likely, and I think the legendaries aren't 1 time only pokémons, like Deoxys, came from space, was formed by bactery, so highely likely, there are much more out in the skies, and Heatran has a gender that can be both male and female, so it needs to have species that are male, and ones that are female, so i think there should be more then one Heatran to, and in movies, Manaphy and/or Phione is shown in groups of hundreds, Kyogre shapes sea's, so it needs to be on planets with water to, same counts for Groudon with ground, and if both appear on 1 planet, Rayquaza will be there to, there could also be more Mewtwo's, not sure about Celebi, its shown in large groups, but it could be of a time paradox, there should be more Keldeo to, to come back on generation 5, it was adopted in a village by the trio, its parents where unknown, but it was breeded, so there are more. Just my idea

-Zero
    Last edited by xXZeroGravityXx; 12th June 2013 at 8:14 PM.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

How do we know that there aren't multiple Tao trios running around, if they're just an Unovan myth?

There's no reason to suggest that there must be multiple Lake trios running around, considering that it's heavily implied the ones in Unova are the same as the ones in Sinnoh and no character owns their own member, not even in the Battle Subway.

IMO, while it's entirely possible that there are multiples of any non-Mewtwo/Genesect legendary, I would assume that there is only one of each legendary unless it is specifically shown that there are multiples. Right now, the only legendaries that we can confirm there are multiples of would be Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres, Raikou/Entei/Suicune, Ho-oh and Lugia, Regirock/Regice/Registeel, Lati@s, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas, Manaphy, Phione, Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion, and Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus. There's nothing to suggest so far that there are multiples of any other legendary.
    Well for one and this is purely off memory from the anime series Lugia would be one you can say there are multiples of. Yes sure in the Movie 2000 its depicted as a one of a kind The Guardian of the sea.
    But in the anime itself there is an episode were a mother lugia and a baby lugia are caught by team rocket i think.

Same goes for other legendary pokemon. The anime shows that there are more than one of certain legendaires like Celebi and Shaymin. I think in the majority of cases the legendaires themselves just living in habitats with conditions that humans couldnt possibly survive in.
    Like rayquaza living just below the ozone. etc
    Hidden ability pokemon for trades.
    (Dream worlds and radars)

Not for trade

Legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rabbit View Post
    Well for one and this is purely off memory from the anime series Lugia would be one you can say there are multiples of. Yes sure in the Movie 2000 its depicted as a one of a kind The Guardian of the sea.
    But in the anime itself there is an episode were a mother lugia and a baby lugia are caught by team rocket i think

Same goes for other legendary pokemon. The anime shows that there are more than one of certain legendaires like Celebi and Shaymin. I think in the majority of cases the legendaires themselves just living in habitats with conditions that humans couldnt possibly survive in.
    Like rayquaza living just below the ozone. etc
    Well the anime and movies have different rules. The games themselves make it pretty clear that there are multiple individual legendary Pokemon, and even goes so far as to explain their reproduction or creation. I would even go so far as to argue that Arceus isn't even unique. None of the information has definitively said that it is a unique Pokemon, merely that it was worshipped and believed to be the Creator Pokemon. It's just as possible that many Arceus exist, but just are away from humans in another dimension. There are many Regi, Birds, and Beasts, etc. I think Legendary just means rare and well documented.

The expression on Landorus' Therian Forme makes it look seriously deranged to me. Just sayin'

There needs to be a Wi-fi Meloetta since that is the only Unova Pokemon I need to complete my Unova Pokedex.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    There needs to be a Wi-fi Meloetta since that is the only Unova Pokemon I need to complete my Unova Pokedex.
    If I had reliable wireless access I'd offer to trade you one, since the copy of Japanese Black I bought came with two. The 2012 event Meloetta, met at lvl 15 rather than the 2013 one at lvl 50. But the only wi-fi I've been able to find that's compatible with my DS is at the local mall, a half hour away, and the only day I know for sure I'll be going near the place is on the 24th. I'd be looking for a hatching bulbasaur, chikorita, mudkip, treecko or any stray Johto/Hoenn legendaries you'd be willing to trade, don't care about IVs or natures.

I'm intrigued by the kami trio, though I prefer their Incarnate Formes over their Therian Formes. Landorus' Therian Forme looks deranged, Thundurus' looks weird with the shrunken lower body, and Tornadus is just plain odd.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 3rd July 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Page 258 of 259 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259 LastLast