Page 61 of 259 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 6475

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Trying not to judge the new forms (argh I hate new forms, just add a Dunspacre evo already!) without seeing them in proper pictures. However as cool as they "might" look I am finding it hard to imagine why they are needed? The trio where fine as they was with a simple yet decent mythology and cool designs. Yet now we find that these humanoid cloud riders can also turn into birds? Why? What they look like is irrelevant as most Pokemon grow on you eventually (but not you Stoutland), but their reason for existing is what interest's me, how are their movepools even going to relate, a bird using Hammer Arm???
    Only Tornadus looks like a bird... We'll have to wait and see to find out what's the significance between the new formes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow PKMN Trainer View Post
    Only Tornadus looks like a bird... We'll have to wait and see to find out what's the significance between the new formes.
    Just as long as they have a decent purpose as I really starting to get annoyed with Legendaries and new forms. It was fine with Garentina, but now its getting to much. Especailly with a trio that never hinted as having other forms. Kyrem (That Ice Dragon) atleast did, kinda. If you want to change their appearance Gamefreak just make them evolve like the rest of the Pokemon world. You know you want to. (Oh and let me breed them as I can train them decently, thanks!)
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggression View Post
    Fail. Did you even read what I was saying. Idc that tigers in mythology can be electric. What I am saying is that TURNING A GOD OF LIGHTNING(JAPANESE) THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A TIGER(CHINESE) INTO A TIGER WHEN WE ALREADY HAVE ONE BASED OFF THE SAME MYTH IS STUPID. It's like suddenly mew having a form where it looks like a golem when we already have 4 of those.

it
    makes
    no
    sense
    at
    all
    For god's sake, the forms just take on the appearance of whatever confounded creature they are based off of. The Kami trio DON'T EVEN fully become whatever stupid creature they are based on. They only have features, but that's about it. It's still even speculation up at this point! We don't know what these monstrosities are based off of! Honestly, you're putting WAY, WAY too much ridiculous thought into this.

Oh dear, Raikou exists! THUNDURUS CAN'T BE A THUNDER TIGER TOO. Uhm, there's no restriction against that!

Drowzee is a tapir thing that eats dreams. Munna is a tapir thing that eats dreams. There's nothing stupid about using the same ideas. I guess minun/plusle/pachirisu/emolga are stupid for being carbon copies of pikachu then.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    OR Team: Sceptile, Sableye, Aggron, Milotic, Altaria, Manectric
    AS Team (new copy, ugh): Undecided
    As of December 13, I lost my copy of Alpha Sapphire, and over half of my competitive Pokemon and shinies + event legendaries with it. The worst f*** up in my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheimi-Shaymin View Post
    For god's sake, the forms just take on the appearance of whatever confounded creature they are based off of. The Kami trio DON'T EVEN fully become whatever stupid creature they are based on. They only have features, but that's about it. It's still even speculation up at this point! We don't know what these monstrosities are based off of! Honestly, you're putting WAY, WAY too much ridiculous thought into this.

Oh dear, Raikou exists! THUNDURUS CAN'T BE A THUNDER TIGER TOO. Uhm, there's no restriction against that!

Drowzee is a tapir thing that eats dreams. Munna is a tapir thing that eats dreams. There's nothing stupid about using the same ideas. I guess minun/plusle/pachirisu/emolga are stupid for being carbon copies of pikachu then.
    Still I understand the point being made, as some originality is nice. Which is exactly why the trio was fine the way they where. If they wanted to do the whole mythological animal gods route... Thunder Bird, Tiger, Turtle whatever then they could have just saved it for the next generations trio.
    Still, first things first, lets just see them in full.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Fail. Did you even read what I was saying. Idc that tigers in mythology can be electric. What I am saying is that TURNING A GOD OF LIGHTNING(JAPANESE) THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A TIGER(CHINESE) INTO A TIGER WHEN WE ALREADY HAVE ONE BASED OFF THE SAME MYTH IS STUPID. It's like suddenly mew having a form where it looks like a golem when we already have 4 of those.

it
    makes
    no
    sense
    at
    all
    And I think you're missing my point. It doesn't matter if you think it makes no sense because it's been done before! Not just in Pokemon, but other numerous modern stories (different comics/manga, anime, games take your pick) have combined similar mythological concepts into one, and hell even mythology has done it. Hermes and Anubis for instance are both gods from different mythologies that are related to death in some way, but at one time were combined into the same being. I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of this when so many others stories have done this and will continue to do it in the future.

And as Sheimi said, there's nothing stopping them from using a similar concept to bring about new pokemon, especially when that new pokemon has some new mythological basis behind it.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 12th May 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    I'm just hoping that they'll become available on the GTS, because, like, who pays for cool pixels and game data?
    GTS will be redundant by the time BW2 are released. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    That was pretty obvious from the point that the Best Wishes anime and Oshawott flopped.
    Haha. You're so funny, sis. But seriously, Oshawott is slaying. I might actually pay for that AR searcher thing if it allows us to obtain a Shell Armor Oshawott.

Yeah, it kind of sucks these forms are exclusive for a feature people have to pay for, but I guess that's a selling point for buying it at all. There's other pokemon you can catch in the searcher, if I recall.
    Yeah, but they're all common Pokemon that can be obtained simply by trading with other games. Making the new Kami forms exclusive to the AR searcher is just ridiculous imo.

You know, having a new legendary only available from a game on a different console is not a new thing, it happened originally with Jirachi.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Trying not to judge the new forms (argh I hate new forms, just add a Dunspacre evo already!) without seeing them in proper pictures. However as cool as they "might" look I am finding it hard to imagine why they are needed? The trio where fine as they was with a simple yet decent mythology and cool designs. Yet now we find that these humanoid cloud riders can also turn into birds? Why? What they look like is irrelevant as most Pokemon grow on you eventually (but not you Stoutland), but their reason for existing is what interest's me, how are their movepools even going to relate, a bird using Hammer Arm???
    Don't worry, Dunsparce will get a new forme - the Original Dragon, from which Reshiram and Zekrom came from!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

6,750 Run Aways

I'm really liking that they're getting new forms, all based off the God Beasts. I hate their current sprites, they're just hideous. I wonder what the stats are going to be in their new forms. i imagine that Thundurus and Landorus wont have their Flying type.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

it
    makes
    no
    sense
    at
    all
    No, not "fail." News flash, we got a phoenix in Gen 2 when we already had one in Gen 1. (Ho-oh, Moltres.) We have had more than one Pokemon based on the same source before. It's not stupid at all.

And so what if a Kami changes into a forme based on a different myth? A lot of Pokemon are based on more than one source at once.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Well, for what I known Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus are based on the Fujin (Wind God), Raijin (Thunder God), and Inari (God of Fertility) respectively. I don't know any more of the legend that could have inspired these new formes but I do have some theories.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

OMG! New forms for the cloud trio?! That was a shocker!

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Reshiram View Post
    OMG! New forms for the cloud trio?! That was a shocker!
    I know I mean nobody saw this one coming. There wasn't even a placeholder for these formes found the first BW games.
    Last edited by Izanagi; 12th May 2012 at 1:02 AM.

I don't believe this nonsense with the Kami trio for a second until I get some gameplay screens and/or videos. If there were going to be new forms for the Kami trio, we would've known about it by now. How come there's nothing in BW1's coding about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    I know I mean nobody saw this one coming. There was even a placeholder for these formes found the first BW games.
    There was? I don't remember that. Okay, well if true, I take what I just said back. But still, this comes straight out of left field, I'm not sure I'm going to like the new forms.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    I don't believe this nonsense with the Kami trio for a second until I get some gameplay screens and/or videos. If there were going to be new forms for the Kami trio, we would've known about it by now. How come there's nothing in BW1's coding about this?
    Well unless someone faked the entire cover, believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    I know I mean nobody saw this one coming. There was even a placeholder for these formes found the first BW games.
    No there wasn't. There was a placeholder for Kyurem, but not the Kami trio.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    No there wasn't. There was a placeholder for Kyurem, but not the Kami trio.
    I think that was a typo on his part

Sorry, I meant that their wasn't an placeholder for the Kami trio formes. I am sorry for any confusion that I may have caused.

Tornadus is a bird, Landorus has sight problems and Thundurus wants to be like his mentor, Zekrom.

Pretty bad i guess, but i believe they cant become uglier than they already are, so thres good news

I guess for future games... we shouldn't count legendaries without placeholders as 'no new forms'... I like it this way... bring on the surprises : )

You're missing the point again. It makes no sense. Magikarp can turn into an awesome poke cuz it's a myth about a koi turning into a dragon. This is just random nonsense. This may be the first pokemon ever that origins wise, makes no sense.

More than the Kami trio,,, im super excited to find out the roles of the 3 Musketeers

I really want the golems and Heatran to be in the game.
    Like, part of a side story or something.
    They were probably the rarest Legendary non-event Pokemon.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

Quote Originally Posted by Comboman77 View Post
    I really want the golems and Heatran to be in the game.
    Like, part of a side story or something.
    They were probably the rarest Legendary non-event Pokemon.
    Heatran would have to be in a volcanic fiery area right?... This would be interesting...

Looking closely at Thunderus, it seems he is holding some kind of clouds on his hands, but will see soon

Page 61 of 259 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast