Page 2 of 400 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I have an idea:

The sequels are set a few years after the events of BW. You start as a brand new player, the player often see's people in Plasma uniforms, but thinks nothing of it. Then, mid-game, Kyurem begins to wreck havoc in Unova. The player then flies to these islands, and finds N. Both N and the player, along with Resh or Zek get back to Unova, and they go to fight the Kyurem. The Kyurem however, is found to be controlled by Team Plasma, and Ghetis. Kyurem does not tame, and continues to destroy Unova. The player is then informed by Looker/Alder/Juniper about how if Zekrom/Reshiram is merged with Kyurem, Kyurem will become complete and stock wrecking havoc. The player then has to use a special machine created by Fennel, to merge the two. This then happens, and Black Kyurem or White Kyurem emerges. You then can fight the Kyurem in order to capture it.
    Yes! I love those ideas so much but as someone already said, what about the BW main character?

Quote Originally Posted by Zexiontwo View Post
    Amen sister (brother?)!
    Haha. Brother, though thinking about it, I can see why you would be thrown off by my not-so-macho apparent liking of Emolga. No hard feelings though.
    im not sure about anything

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    That really does not make any sense. N left with some closure and he and the protagonist were on good, friendly terms. There's really no reason why the protagonists would go searching for N. What would they want with him? What would they gain by finding him in a faraway region? Nothing.
    I agree with whoever originally said that the BW hero went searching for N. Do you think it would be fine to leave a very emotionally unstable person (he found out his whole life was a lie and he was being used), also I agree that N and the protagonist were becoming friends, with both understanding each other but disagreeing. So thats just me but it makes perfect sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Shockking View Post
    Yes! I love those ideas so much but as someone already said, what about the BW main character?
    The BW character became champion and stayed champion?

And maybe they could come back and help the player? The player could return (I don't know how you would have your exact player from B/W return, unless they specifically ask you for their name/gender at some point) and battle against The two Goddesses, as they have no real use in BW, before the player goes alone to battle Ghetis. I only used the two Goddesses as they could have become Ghetis's right hand women more prominently in these games.

The whole of Unova thought that Team Plasma had ended but they were really just hiding away throughout Unova until Ghetis returned

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    The BW character became champion and stayed champion?

And maybe they could come back and help the player? The player could return (I don't know how you would have your exact player from B/W return, unless they specifically ask you for their name/gender at some point) and battle against The two Goddesses, as they have no real use in BW, before the player goes alone to battle Ghetis. I only used the two Goddesses as they could have become Ghetis's right hand women more prominently in these games.

The whole of Unova thought that Team Plasma had ended but they were really just hiding away throughout Unova until Ghetis returned
    A good idea but if he was still around wouldn't he just use his dragon to stop Kyurem since he was already a hero. And about the BW hero having the name you gave yours, I personally named mine my name and am planning to name my next characyer that so it wouldn't rea::y work for everyone. And we already know Ghetsis is hiding, we just need an explanation for team plasma, as they seemed to have disbanded, didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by pela View Post
    Very good points, and if members from Team Plasma are trying to reassemble Team Plasma and getting Ghetsis to come back from hiding it would be a great rehash from GSC IMO
    Yeah, but we wouln't want too much stuff like that from older games or people would argue that Poke'mon was just reusing old ideas, being another reason to make fun of it.
    Also, there might be some problems with Plasma coming back as it seemed like Looker and took many, if not most of the members away, seemingly to imprisonment.
    And sorry about that double post up there... hehe (^.^)

A good idea but if he was still around wouldn't he just use his dragon to stop Kyurem since he was already a hero. And about the BW hero having the name you gave yours, I personally named mine my name and am planning to name my next characyer that so it wouldn't rea::y work for everyone. And we already know Ghetsis is hiding, we just need an explanation for team plasma, as they seemed to have disbanded, didn't they?

BUT what if the Dragon that Kyurem Absorbed Was the Protagonist one? and we arent pretty sure on Who will be the protagonist be? it maybe either new ones or old ones with a revamped looks. We also might see that Team Plasma just Recently Learned The 3rd Pokemon The SHell of the original Dragon: Kyurem. They might reband again and Capture Kyurem and the two other Dragons from you and N inorder to complete the dragon to make unova truly pursue their goal/ghetsis goal. but this utterly fails and kyurem insteads absorbs one of the dragons and you have to capture it....

Yeah, but we wouln't want too much stuff like that from older games or people would argue that Poke'mon was just reusing old ideas, being another reason to make fun of it.
    Also, there might be some problems with Plasma coming back as it seemed like Looker and took many, if not most of the members away, seemingly to imprisonment.
    And sorry about that double post up there... hehe (^.^)
    Sorry if I didn't express myself correctly, I meant great rehash in a bad way. Maybe Looker is a bad guy and took all the Plasma members to make members of his crew. This i probably the most ludicrous and unrealistic idea I've ever had hahaha. Hopefully it's not like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure_Edge View Post
    BUT what if the Dragon that Kyurem Absorbed Was the Protagonist one? and we arent pretty sure on Who will be the protagonist be? it maybe either new ones or old ones with a revamped looks. We also might see that Team Plasma just Recently Learned The 3rd Pokemon The SHell of the original Dragon: Kyurem. They might reband again and Capture Kyurem and the two other Dragons from you and N inorder to complete the dragon to make unova truly pursue their goal/ghetsis goal. but this utterly fails and kyurem insteads absorbs one of the dragons and you have to capture it....
    I think it would be really hard to convince people that Team Plasma could steal the dragons from their owners, I mean they're pretty much the most powerful trainers in the region with the most powerful pokemons. Not to mention that N ran away
    Last edited by pela; 26th February 2012 at 9:24 AM.
    "I swear to God when I evolve I'm going to kill you all" - Magikarp
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

Sorry if I didn't express myself correctly, I meant great rehash in a bad way. Maybe Looker is a bad guy and took all the Plasma members to make members of his crew. This i probably the most ludicrous and unrealistic idea I've ever had hahaha. Hopefully it's not like that.
    Oh, good, thats what I was thinking too. And yeah, I seriously doubt that Looker is not a good guy....
    Anyhow, seeing as its 1:30 I think I will go to sleep now.

I think it would be really hard to convince people that Team Plasma could steal the dragons from their owners, I mean they're pretty much the most powerful trainers in the region with the most powerful pokemons. Not to mention that N ran away
    TEAM plasma could maybe Change from their love of freeing pokemon into what the generic teams from the old pokemon but more sinister than the other teams any may use anyway necessary to truly accomplish their goals(seeing this is a pokemon game i highly doubt "Anyway necessary" is possible)...they might even become crazy for pursuing the goal though.

Another Possibility on how They can Find N is Team Plasma Might have connections from other regions and might ask them to Find N and his Dragon...this MIGHT be possible because how could they afford the funds for there Plans without any help??

I didn't know where to put this but this seems to be the best place to put it. I'm not going to repeat anyone (I hope) but has anyone noticed that the '2' on each of the games logo's are Ruby and Sapphire? This didn't make a lot of sense to me at first because I thought it would be other combinations of colours like red and yellow to show fire and electric respectively. However, this is very intriging that they have picked Ruby and Sapphire in particular. Does this mean that Hoenn could play a bigger part in these Black and White Sequels than we think?
    Last edited by Orton155; 26th February 2012 at 9:44 AM.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    I didn't know where to put this but this seems to be the best place to put it. I'm not going to repeat anyone (I hope) but has anyone noticed that the '2' on each of the games logo's are Ruby and Sapphire? This didn't make a lot of sense to me at first because I thought it would be other combinations of colours like red and yellow to show fire and electric respectively. However, this is very intriging that they have picked Ruby and Sapphire in particular. Does this mean that Hoenn could play a bigger part in these Black and White Sequels than we think?
    Someone mentioned this in the news thread. You can check it out if you want but the pattern from both two's match the tails from both the dragons from BW. And the common consensus too is that it's iced electricity/fire.
    Here's a link to an image comparison of the numbers and the tails http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/93235633.png/
    It would also make more sense money wise to make this game in Unova since they use the same base engine and coding so it's cheaper. THEN make the RSE remakes in the 3ds with a new engine. If they included Hoenn in these games the RSE remakes would probably sell less or wouldn't even be made. Maybe there's some hints towards the existence of an RSE remake or that N is there but that's as far as I see it going.
    Last edited by pela; 26th February 2012 at 9:54 AM.

Someone mentioned this in the news thread. You can check it out if you want but the pattern from both two's match the tails from both the dragons from BW. And the common consensus too is that it's iced electricity/fire.
    Here's the link http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/93235633.png/
    It would also make more sense money wise to make this game in Unova since they use the same base engine and coding so it's cheaper. THEN make the RSE remakes in the 3ds with a new engine. If they included Hoenn in these games the RSE remakes would probably sell less or wouldn't even be made. Maybe there's some hints towards the existence but that's as far as I see it going.
    I didn't say that the RSE remakes wouldn't also be made, I was just making a point about an observation I found. Also, I apoligise for just saying hoenn. I didn't mean they would include the hoenn region, I meant that some parts of the hoenn games may be included in this game. I was just trying to introduce another line of thought for discussion .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    I didn't say that the RSE remakes wouldn't also be made, I was just making a point about an observation I found. Also, I apoligise for just saying hoenn. I didn't mean they would include the hoenn region, I meant that some parts of the hoenn games may be included in this game. I was just trying to introduce another line of thought for discussion .
    Ahh ok gotcha. The thing is the news thread had like a 20 page debate about this and I don't want it to start again. That's all haha. But yeah Im expecting some easter eggs about Hoenn in the game

What I think would be epic to happen:
    You start out as a new trainer just after the old protagonist defeated N. You hear of this as your journey begins. Later on, you meet up with you're old protagonist (You choose the name and gender) who uses no pokemon (for obvious reasons..) or you can just choose their name and gender randomly too xD. You meet up with him/her a bunch of times and after you finish the game, you can talk to them, and they say you can have my old pokemon which you transfer from you're old save.

As for the kyurem form: I think that there might be a special statue embued with the energy of Zekrom and Reshiram where if you take Kyurem there, it changes form. Or it might be with Giratina, where you give it an item. There also needs to be a reason to travel through Eastern Unova over Western, as Giant Chasm is on the other side. Or maybe you just head there after Opelucid, who knows xD
    I can't wait for some info about this game, it's gonna be BOSSSSSSSS

I'd say this is set 3 or 5 years at the latest, much like G/S/C did.

This way, all of the Gym Leaders will still be around and it gives Team Plasma the chance where they are probably gonna return like Team Rocket did.

Im guessing the 'hero' of B/W is gone and has been gone for a long time.

So I'm guessing the '2' implies that these are sequels of Black and White. Given that, I'm assuming that BW2 are almost the Gold and Silver to BW's Red and Blue, albeit far more reductive. Since the Zekrom/Kyurem fusion is a mascot for Black, and vice versa for Reshiram, then this is obviously going to build on N, considering that in the original Black N was in possession of Zekrom (and, again, vice versa for Reshiram.)

N was generally reformed at the end of the past games, so it should be interesting to see how things transpire in this game.

Just continuing the parallels between RBY-GSE and BW-BW2, it would be interesting if we get new protagonists, and the old ones can be challenged in a Red-style battle at the end of the game. Who knows.
    Running for the thrill of it

Same with this thread guys - a lot of one sentence posts going along. Remember the first post and the current rules of this section:
    Remember that all speculating posts must have at least 3 sentences of detail.
    Repeat offenders can expect infractions too, so please take note. Quoting a post with 'I didn't know that', 'I don't understand' or 'That is cool I hope that happens' does not an interesting discussion make.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

If it is an actual sequel, like a new game continueing on the story of B/W, N might get a completely different role. What if he becomes a boss battle like Red!? That would be very awesome indeed .

If Pokemon Black and White 2 do end up being sequels to the original Black and White, I really want it to be set a few years after. I always thought that Anville Town always looked like a starting town, so my guess is that the new player starts off the Anville Town and then travels through an extended part of Unova on the west side of the region. I also really want the airport in Mistralton City to be used sometime and for a new Battle Frontier and/or the airplane taking you to the Hoenn Battle Frontier to allow accessibility with the future RSE remakes.

The story should be a complete sequel. As mentioned the Pokemon got switched back, and based on the previous events, N having Zekrom in black makes sense for the title mon to be Black Kyurem and vice versa. What I expect is that N let it out in the wild, or tried to recreate the original dragon and damned the entire region. How its gonna work I dunno, but it would be nice if the sequel part is based on chasing him to whatever region he went to.
    BLAH

What if the goal is to fly between the different regions with Skyla in a plane and look for N? I think that would be pretty cool, as that would be 40 badges to collect, 16 different Elites, 4 Champions, and lots of different Pokemon available to catch. Hunting N andGhetsis down and having the 2 new Kyurem formes could have a big storyline impact.
    I am a Wholockian.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Sworn Metalhead's Banner - Eeveelover's Userbars

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonpa7 View Post
    What if the goal is to fly between the different regions with Skyla in a plane and look for N? I think that would be pretty cool, as that would be 40 badges to collect, 16 different Elites, 4 Champions, and lots of different Pokemon available to catch. Hunting N andGhetsis down and having the 2 new Kyurem formes could have a big storyline impact.
    This sounds superduber cool, but horribly irrealistic to be honest. I could see that airport having some sort of role in chasing or something, but not betwee all regions. Maybe just Hoenn? That would be awesome in itself! Where in Hoenn would you land your plain though? It has the space place in littleroot and the boats in Lilycove and Slateport, but that's about it.

I doubt we'd be getting multiple regions in the game, and certainly not multiple old ones. Say with Hoenn it'd make more sense for them to make a new game and hence make more profit from a Hoenn game, and so forth. Four-five regions is even less likely - you also have other constraints to consider (levelling, file space, etc).

Mind you I wonder if it'd even use Unova in the first place. That's not confirmed after all.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Not using Unova... That is a very interesting concept, though I think that too is quite unlikely.. Maybe just add a new part to the region, that seems a whole lot more likely. Though now that I think about not using Unova, that is sooo interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by smartie View Post
    Not using Unova... That is a very interesting concept, though I think that too is quite unlikely.. Maybe just add a new part to the region, that seems a whole lot more likely. Though now that I think about not using Unova, that is sooo interesting!
    A different area, at least, remains to be a possibility. This generation is really straying from previous conventions, so I guess that anything's possible. Well, not anything, because I highly doubt that Hoenn will be involved when they could milk it for a remake.

As noted, Zekrom and Reshiram feature on the opposite version as their predecessors, which implies that N will make a return, considering that in Pokemon White N owned Reshiram and vice versa. Considering that N was spotted in a different region, it's possible that the story continues to follow N and his shenanigans, assuming that this a canonical sequel to BW.
    Running for the thrill of it

Page 2 of 400 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast