Page 359 of 400 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    ...If what they're describing is an actual fact, then yes, it must.
    I always saw Bulbapedia as like the Pokemon dictionary and everything on their site must be factual or they wouldn't post it, but yeah I pretty sure even they can be wrong at times

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    I am not sure about the rest, since I don't even remember the last time I played a Generation III game.
    After reading this I feel like playing my Ruby again

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    After reading this I feel like playing my Ruby again
    I will wait for the remakes... probably for a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I always saw Bulbapedia as like the Pokemon dictionary and everything on their site must be factual or they wouldn't post it, but yeah I pretty sure even they can be wrong at times
    Well, for the record, here's Brendan's exact quote: "I... I plan on going home to Littleroot. You know I'm helping my dad on his Pokédex. It's coming together pretty decently, so I should go show him. <Player>, what are you going to do? Collect all the Gym Badges and take the Pokémon League challenge? Maybe I'll do that, too... Well, anyway, hang in there!"

I think it's pretty evident that he never followed up on the notion of taking on the League.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Just because they both ended the same way doesn't mean that they're the same people. They have completely different personalities and story development. And by that I mean Bianca actually has a bit of them

I will wait for the remakes... probably for a long time...
    hopefully they come sooner then we think.

Well, for the record, here's Brendan's exact quote: "I... I plan on going home to Littleroot. You know I'm helping my dad on his Pokédex. It's coming together pretty decently, so I should go show him. <Player>, what are you going to do? Collect all the Gym Badges and take the Pokémon League challenge? Maybe I'll do that, too... Well, anyway, hang in there!"

I think it's pretty evident that he never followed up on the notion of taking on the League.
    So he never actually gave up on being a trainer just put it on hold.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

So hey, of all things, possible background detail on the Mother:
    Quote Originally Posted by A Veteran in the northern Driftviel hotel
    Oh? By any chance, was your mother working in a Pokemon Center as a receptionist?
    You look very similar to her.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    So hey, of all things, possible background detail on the Mother:
    Yeah, she herself mentions being a former receptionist over the Xtransceiver once you reach Route 7.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Yeah, she herself mentions being a former receptionist over the Xtransceiver once you reach Route 7.
    Oh really? Neat
    Always love little things like that

It'd be cool if she was in the first games

You guys are fast, I was about to post the news about the mom. xD

Edit:

I like the subtle references they did for the BW player character.
    For example, Skyla says that she hadn't a really good battle for 2 years, after being defeated.
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 10th October 2012 at 8:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Yeah it's better than like FRLG, HGSS, and perhaps even RSE. IDK. Black 1 still stands as the best plot in any Pokemon game, with Platinum at a close second
    I disagree with you, the plot of the sequel was pretty good.
    The prequel was too much around N only, this game was way more balanced with others characters.

...regarding Hugh, yes indeed he is a rude brat, but he is not a complete jerk. At least he is compassionate enough to help the player more than once. The award for the jerkiest rival still goes to Blue and Silver, thought the latter also had his reasons.

I liked the way the villains were better developed this time. Team Plasma grunts didn't get just sandiles, patrats and purrloins this time, making worth opponents, unlike all the grunts of the previous games. And something which lacked in the previous games as well was a big boss of pure evil. Ghetsis became absolutely wrecked and psycho, I think everyone got surprised to see trying to kill the player.
    Another thing I couldn't see in the japanese version, is if there's someone who treats pokemon as mere tools is the Shadow Triad. They aren't any better than Ghetsis. Probably they are so confident of their ninja abilities (it's not for less, they are uncatchable) but yet they make pokemon do the smacking work. And the things they said. Man, these ones are the real jerks!
    Last edited by knux-the-killer; 10th October 2012 at 1:34 PM.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

I acaully thought the plot was pretty nice.
    Its not as...ground breaking as black or white comparatively (Pokemon standards), but it ties up alot of loose ends and gives a satisfying conclusion that for the most part black and white didn't seem to give to me.

Also, Yeah Hyu (Damnit, I am using this spelling. D:<.) is rude, I agree. To be honest, he'd probably piss me off if I was there for real.
    But he has every right to be mad, and I feel like he took the most action over all to fight them. I like him as a rival, and even though he probably would piss me off, its not like I'm stopping him from taking revenge. (plus his music is epic .)

As for whether or not Cheren and Bianca are bland or not...meh, to each his own. Bland is very subjective. To be honest, as long as the story makes sense, and has interesting things thrown in there, Its really hard for me to call something bland. Maybe I'm just easily pleased but @.@...XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Is this the 1st time they really have a lot of NPC's talking about Human death?

There's one old man in driftveil who basically says "My Pokemon will outlive me so even though I'm sad I released them when Plasma said to, I'm happy they won't be around when I pass"

and then there's a guy in the Celestial Tower who talks about when he will Die.

I think that's the 1st time the games actually say Die referring to a human.

Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    I disagree with you, the plot of the sequel was pretty good.
    The prequel was too much around N only, this game was way more balanced with others characters.
    Yeah but it's kind of simple. Even Team Plasma's goals were less creative this time around.

Yeah but it's kind of simple. Even Team Plasma's goals were less creative this time around.
    Use Kyurem to freeze the region -> Steal everybody's Pokemon while they're frozen and unable to stop you

Sometimes efficiency trumps creativity. :P
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I prefer when evil teams have their own goals besides "take over the region". Especially Team Galactic's goal.

And Team Plasma's goal in BW1 was amazing

At least the freezing over Unova thing is a cool new spin. Makes it a lot more enjoyable than Team Rocket IMO.

Another thing I liked is that evil teams usually try to catch the legend than fail. Team Plasma has already caught it...somehow

I prefer when evil teams have their own goals besides "take over the region". Especially Team Galactic's goal.

And Team Plasma's goal in BW1 was amazing
    But...Team Plasma 1's goal was to take over the region...
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

But...Team Plasma 1's goal was to take over the region...
    No that was the plot twist. Their goal what you were supposed to think was to liberate all Pokemon. Plus N was an extremely cool character

No that was the plot twist. Their goal what you were supposed to think was to liberate all Pokemon. Plus N was an extremely cool character
    Ah, you're right. I guess it's been common knowledge for so long that I forgot it was a surprise at one point.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Ah, you're right. I guess it's been common knowledge for so long that I forgot it was a surprise at one point.
    Yeah and that's what I loved about BW1's plot. I love a good old fashioned plot twist

Especially Team Galactic's goal.
    But... Team Galactic is the "godlike" team in the franchise.
    The best one by far. I wouldn't expect Gamefreak to make such an interesting team like them again.

Yeah, I am biased :P

But truth to be told, Team Plasma is also pretty awesome, Ghetsis has to be the evilest of the bosses up to now.

But... Team Galactic is the "godlike" team in the franchise.
    The best one by far. I wouldn't expect Gamefreak to make such an interesting team like them again.

Yeah, I am biased :P

But truth to be told, Team Plasma is also pretty awesome, Ghetsis has to be the evilest of the bosses up to now.
    Ehhh I personally prefer Team Plasma. Team Galactic is kinda boring up until the Spear Pillar, IDK. Well that's kind of the same thing about Plasma till N's Castle. It's a hard decision, but Team Galactic is pretty cool

Ehhh I personally prefer Team Plasma. Team Galactic is kinda boring up until the Spear Pillar, IDK. Well that's kind of the same thing about Plasma till N's Castle. It's a hard decision, but Team Galactic is pretty cool
    I like the nihilistic concept behind Cyrus and the Team Galactic Admins.

Specially Mars, I love her design :3

Pretty much every evil team except maybe Gen I Rocket is pretty boring until their climax, honestly.

Page 359 of 400 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369 ... LastLast