Page 362 of 400 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Sure we only got to battle N, but does that make it a bad story? No. The story was about the questionable context of owning the Pokemon and how everybody perceives it. Then at the end its' revealed everyone EXCEPT N perceives it to be okay, instead of an entire organization following the goal. It was just pretend so the organization can have an excuse steal Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Endoplasmic Reticulum View Post
    Sure we only got to battle N, but does that make it a bad story? No. The story was about the questionable context of owning the Pokemon and how everybody perceives it. Then at the end its' revealed everyone EXCEPT N perceives it to be okay, instead of an entire organization following the goal. It was just pretend so the organization can have an excuse steal Pokemon.
    I like that they have this twist in the story. I like how in B2/W2 when they have the half that are on N's side and the half on Ghetsis' side and how they added the one guy who was a spy within the Ghetsis half. I think it's an awesome twist to the plot that they only gave you a touch of when they let you disguise yourself as a Team Rocket member back in HG/SS.

A woman in Humilau City claims that her dress is comfy and easy to wear.

Got a facepalm out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I like that they have this twist in the story. I like how in B2/W2 when they have the half that are on N's side and the half on Ghetsis' side and how they added the one guy who was a spy within the Ghetsis half. I think it's an awesome twist to the plot that they only gave you a touch of when they let you disguise yourself as a Team Rocket member back in HG/SS.
    It would have been cooler if they showed more of N's side and had you fight them too. It would have played out like Aqua/Magma and it would have been awesome

It would have been cooler if they showed more of N's side and had you fight them too. It would have played out like Aqua/Magma and it would have been awesome
    But you see, N wasn't involved with White Plasma; they were just committed to his ideals, and because of that, they opposed Black Plasma. They really would have had no reason to battle you (with the exception of Rood, who wanted to test you), since you were also fighting against Black Plasma.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Fine. They should have involved White Plasma more

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    A woman in Humilau City claims that her dress is comfy and easy to wear.

Got a facepalm out of me.
    Sounds familiar, but I don't remember where that's from.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Sounds familiar, but I don't remember where that's from.
    The first Youngster on Kanto Route 3
    I love shorts
    they're delightfully comfy and easy to wear

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I love shorts
    Ah yes, that's right. Why is some random lady in Humilau City saying the same thing about dresses?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Ah yes, that's right. Why is some random lady in Humilau City saying the same thing about dresses?
    References to past games are neat?

Does anyone else think Black/Black 2 is the real Unova story? I mean think about it N wanted to liberate Pokemon which in hindsight is seeking ideals, which is what Zekrom was for. While Reshiram on the other hand sought truth which is what the main hero/heroine wanted. Meaning N was meant to use zekrom and the player was meant to use Reshiram. In any case that's just my thougts in it. :P

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Does anyone else think Black/Black 2 is the real Unova story? I mean think about it N wanted to liberate Pokemon which in hindsight is seeking ideals, which is what Zekrom was for. While Reshiram on the other hand sought truth which is what the main hero/heroine wanted. Meaning N was meant to use zekrom and the player was meant to use Reshiram. In any case that's just my thougts in it. :P
    Technically, they're alternate realities of each other, but I think it's supposed to be up to the player to decide which reality is the "right" one. Really, truth and ideals are practically interchangeable and are more-or-less two sides of the same coin. In a way, liberating Pokemon could lead to the truth, as Pokemon are not born into captivity, instead they are wild creatures that have, over time, become companions to humans. However, liberating them would return them to their natural, true (or ideal, see?) state. On the other hand, fighting for the friendship between people and Pokemon as Hilbert/Hilda did would be in support of an ideal way for people and Pokemon to grow stronger through the bonds they share.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Technically, they're alternate realities of each other, but I think it's supposed to be up to the player to decide which reality is the "right" one. Really, truth and ideals are practically interchangeable and are more-or-less two sides of the same coin. In a way, liberating Pokemon could lead to the truth, as Pokemon are not born into captivity, instead they are wild creatures that have, over time, become companions to humans. However, liberating them would return them to their natural, true (or ideal, see?) state. On the other hand, fighting for the friendship between people and Pokemon as Hilbert/Hilda did would be in support of an ideal way for people and Pokemon to grow stronger through the bonds they share.
    You bring up a great point. I also wanna add that N might be seeking the Truth as well because in the end he did find out the truth behind Ghetsis and his plan as well as his what his upbringing was all about. I just wish they would have elaborated more on it, there is still some unanswered things Like who is his real family? Why did they abandon him? Why is Ghetsis the way that he is? etc.

They should have a Pokemon game where you can go back in time, and I don't mean like flashbacks, I mean actually go back in time and be apart of the events in the past.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Yes, I always thought Black made much more sense. I wrote a lot about it.

N is an idealist, he wants to change the world. The protagonist doesn't want to change anything, he/she wants to keep things as they are and reveal the truth to N.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Yeah what does liberating Pokemon have to do with truth!?

Yeah what does liberating Pokemon have to do with truth!?
    I just explained the correlation three posts up. Cascade even provided an alternate perspective.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Obviously either his Daughter, or his Sister depending on BW2's placement in the timeline.

Yeah I think there was a Younger Joey in either BW1 or BW2.

Yeah I think there was a Younger Joey in either BW1 or BW2.
    There's a Youngster Joey in almost every game. :P
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I like how they put in little optional meetings at the Ferris Wheel with some of the principle characters in the games. Bianca and Hugh's dialogue really made me smile. I loled at N's though. He really can't stop talking about Hilda/Hilbert XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    There's a Youngster Joey in almost every game. :P
    No but this one he talks about his to percentage of Patrat.

I love shorts
    Well, that's because shorts are comfy and easy to wear. I just like skirts more. (:

As far as if Black 2 or White 2 is the "real" Unova story goes, alternate realities would mean that the exact same person in both realities would have the same personality and such. Different events may happen which forces any one person to change personalities or make different decisions, though, which doesn't really make either any more "real" as the other.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Well, that's because shorts are comfy and easy to wear. I just like skirts more. (:

As far as if Black 2 or White 2 is the "real" Unova story goes, alternate realities would mean that the exact same person in both realities would have the same personality and such. Different events may happen which forces any one person to change personalities or make different decisions, though, which doesn't really make either any more "real" as the other.
    It's action/outcome situation. The outcome is what did happen and the alternate reality is what didn't happen. After it is resolved, the alternate reality is the "fake" aspect. Alternate reality is kind of an oxymoron in that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    It's action/outcome situation. The outcome is what did happen and the alternate reality is what didn't happen. After it is resolved, the alternate reality is the "fake" aspect. Alternate reality is kind of an oxymoron in that aspect.
    What you're saying is that the player character can only be one gender for any one reality to be "real", though. Keep in mind that a difference as minute as the gender of the player character creates an alternate reality.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    What you're saying is that the player character can only be one gender for any one reality to be "real", though. Keep in mind that a difference as minute as the gender of the player character creates an alternate reality.
    Right. And the gender you didn't pick becomes what could have been, which in a sense becomes "fake" or "pretend", and I use those terms loosely.

Page 362 of 400 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372 ... LastLast