Page 397 of 400 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400 LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Speaking of Teams, a former Team Galactic member joined Team Plasma. You can meet him in the Frigate.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I think any new admin character could have fulfilled Zinzolin's role of Team Plasma's public face.
    I could agree w/ this, even though I liked good ol' Zinny.

Do you think that the Admin would have had the same interest in the Abyssal Ruins as Zin did?

I think the more interesting question wouldn't have been "what if they replaced Sages with Admins", but "what if there were no higher ups altogether"? I don't think it would've affected too much, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Speaking of Teams, a former Team Galactic member joined Team Plasma. You can meet him in the Frigate.
    Really? I didn't see him, but where would he be in there?
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think the more interesting question wouldn't have been "what if they replaced Sages with Admins", but "what if there were no higher ups altogether"? I don't think it would've affected too much, personally.
    I don't know if that would work w/ Team Plasma. I think they relied on higher-ups to keep their motives in check. I think their purpose was too 'frail' to be relied on miscreants w/o constant oversee. I use the term frail loosely.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I don't know if that would work w/ Team Plasma. I think they relied on higher-ups to keep their motives in check. I think their purpose was too 'frail' to be relied on miscreants w/o constant oversee. I use the term frail loosely.
    Storyline wise, it works well enough. When have you ever seen the Sages do anything of significance?
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Storyline wise, it works well enough. When have you ever seen the Sages do anything of significance?
    I guess it was kind of implied though that they were overseeing the operations.

Also, the Sage that changed sides in Driftveil (pardon me for not remembering his name), helped you in the Giant Chasm by holding off Team Plasma as you proceeded to the Frigate

Do you think that the Admin would have had the same interest in the Abyssal Ruins as Zin did?
    Yes. Since it would be a new character, he could be any way they needed for the story, so he could be interested in the Ruins too.

Nothing really significant, but I don't know... it just feels better having high-ranking members leading the missions.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I guess it was kind of implied though that they were overseeing the operations.

Also, the Sage that changed sides in Driftveil (pardon me for not remembering his name), helped you in the Giant Chasm by holding off Team Plasma as you proceeded to the Frigate
    That was more so directed at BW1. BW2 does give Rood and Zinzolin some sort of significance, though.

That was more so directed at BW1. BW2 does give Rood and Zinzolin some sort of significance, though.
    I always felt as though the Sages were there just to make sure the Grunts didn't mess up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    I always felt as though the Sages were there just to make sure the Grunts didn't mess up too much.
    Don't forget someone had to take the blame for Ghetsis as well ^^

I wish N was more active in these games because I liked him a lot.
    Forever alone! This Lone Wolf keeps on fighting!
    "I don't want to be alone, I just want to be left alone!"

credit goes to internet for image

Quote Originally Posted by Ropav View Post
    I wish N was more active in these games because I liked him a lot.
    I hope they would have used him more in BW2.

But I think they did good with his return and the rematches w/ him.

I hope they would have used him more in BW2.

But I think they did good with his return and the rematches w/ him.
    Yeah they did I haven't rematched him yet but throughout B2 I was like when's N going to show up and when he was about to I just knew that was the part he would show up at closer to the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropav View Post
    Yeah they did I haven't rematched him yet but throughout B2 I was like when's N going to show up and when he was about to I just knew that was the part he would show up at closer to the end of the game.
    Which I thought was fitting. Since he left in BW1, I didn't expect to see him till a late point in the game to give one of those inspiring speeches of his ^^

Which I thought was fitting. Since he left in BW1, I didn't expect to see him till a late point in the game to give one of those inspiring speeches of his ^^
    Yeah I know what you mean dramatic leaving(on BW1) and dramatic entrance (on BW2). But at least he made a reappearance.

Question: does N's Pokemon have perfect IVs? I thought about finding them, and I just want to know if thats true before I search
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Question: does N's Pokemon have perfect IVs? I thought about finding them, and I just want to know if thats true before I search
    IIRC, no, but almost perfect (31 is max and N's Pokemon have 30 IIRC).

^Close enough!!! And I like the fact that the Sages are Rood vs Zinzolin, but I wish that all the Sages were involved. It wouldve been more interesting :/
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Though some of the Natures for N's pokemon are not exactly good.

Does anyone else think that Team Plasma went through some massive character decay in B2W2? I mean, the grunts are all "STEAL POKES NO MATTER WHAT", Zinzolin is all "I SUFFER BUT I FEEL HAPPY", Colress is all "ANYTHING FOR BRINGING OUT THE POTENTIAL OF POKEMON HAHAHA", and Ghetsis is all "BLATANT WORLD DOMINATION"... but none of them are really thoroughly explained. There's no hidden plot, and Zinzolin and Colress are just... there, without much character development. Not to mention, the climax wasn't that... climatic, compared to the original BW. The whole thing just feels hastily done.

^To be fair, the other evil team characters weren't explored too in-depth. You only got what they were in the present and their pasts... well, it makes for good fanfic material.

Character decay? Nah, that's not the term I'd use. The liberation thing was facade amongst the members, save from those who truly believed they were doing the world good.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    ^Close enough!!! And I like the fact that the Sages are Rood vs Zinzolin, but I wish that all the Sages were involved. It wouldve been more interesting :/
    I kind of like that they left most of them out. The fact it was in the future kind of helps with my reasoning. It seems as if Plasma is falling apart and the fact that some of their 'leaders' are missing supports that feel.

TV tropes gave me some food for thought:

The Shadow Triad all have Pawniard (that evolve into Bisharp) because the three of them are Ghetsis' pawns/chess pieces.

Of all the returning Gym Leaders, only Elesa got significantly different sprites, and a radical overhaul of her whole appearance at that. Why only her? Well, her day job is a supermodel. She wouldn't be caught dead wearing two-year-old fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    TV tropes gave me some food for thought:
    I do kind of wish the rest of the leaders would have got new sprites. Cheren did as well so I suppose that was a plus

Page 397 of 400 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400 LastLast