Page 399 of 400 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400 LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,975 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    And this:

"The reason why the Pokedex entries for Yamask and Cofagrigus and other such Pokemon are considerably darker this time around could be because Hilbert/Hilda are older than the previous protagonists and are therefore accustomed to more mature concepts. After all, it is the player character who fills out the Pokedex entries!"

Plus, wasn't it official stated that the player characters for Unova are older than past protagonists?
    It was stated, but as a side-note, it's not really the player character that fills out the Pokedex entries. The Dex scans the Pokemon and collects the data itself.

Quote Originally Posted by cybersonic233 View Post
    ages went out of the window with this game i.e Bugsy is still 8 after what must be at least 5 years since HG/SS and Tate a Liza havent done much growing up either
    The PWT most likely isn't canon.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    It was stated, but as a side-note, it's not really the player character that fills out the Pokedex entries. The Dex scans the Pokemon and collects the data itself.

The PWT most likely isn't canon.
    It's funny you mention that because looking at BW and it's sequels it looks like with BW they were trying to develop a more mature plot which focused heavily on the players sense of character and had alot to do with morals which seems to be reflected in that the characters were older which may have been to given a little more maturity then a 10 year old.

In B2W2 however it doesn't seem that complicated it seems like a simple matter of "We're evil, We want power, let's do it" and the characters are younger. It looks like nintendo were testing to see which specific age group the games would appeal too. Teens or Youngers.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    It's funny you mention that because looking at BW and it's sequels it looks like with BW they were trying to develop a more mature plot which focused heavily on the players sense of character and had alot to do with morals which seems to be reflected in that the characters were older which may have been to given a little more maturity then a 10 year old.

In B2W2 however it doesn't seem that complicated it seems like a simple matter of "We're evil, We want power, let's do it" and the characters are younger. It looks like nintendo were testing to see which specific age group the games would appeal too. Teens or Youngers.
    I thought of it more as a deconstruction/reconstruction, myself. Breaking down the old formula and trying out new ideas, and then rebuilding it with a new foundation.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I thought of it more as a deconstruction/reconstruction, myself. Breaking down the old formula and trying out new ideas, and then rebuilding it with a new foundation.
    That's another way of looking at it and the different paths taken by Team Plasma seem to reflect that aswell and it's actually a really nice thing to see it has to be said.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post

To me it seemed as if the plot was watered down in B2W2 as it was more of a wrap up/conclusion to the BW plot. I didn't expect if to be very in depth @ all. It was more 'closure' to the reign of Ghetsis, even though he simply vanished.

I also think the demeanor of Team Plasma shifted in B2W2 out of desperation to achieve their goal after they were thwarted in BW. So I expected their motives to be more straightforward.

This is what I observed @ least.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    It was more 'closure' to the reign of Ghetsis, even though he simply vanished.
    Actually, he had a mental breakdown after having his plans foiled once again by a random kid from who-knows-where and is unable to function. That's pretty much closure to me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Actually, he had a mental breakdown after having his plans foiled once again by a random kid from who-knows-where and is unable to function. That's pretty much closure to me.
    I used to think this was ridiculously unrealistic, until I thought about it more... Imagine that you spent hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of pounds into a huge project in order to achieve world domination. Imagine all the planning that went into this. Now imagine that this random kid from god-knows-where and the person whose hands you trusted your project in came along and blew it. That's a whole fortune wasted for nothing, and that's not even counting the costs used to build the Plasma Castle. Speaking of which... How the hell did Ghetsis get all those funds? Off-Screen Villainous Dark Matter?

^I'd like to think he was an rich archeologist before (with a different name) due to his discoveries at the Abyssal Ruins and got funds with the Sages' help and benefactors who were in on his plan due to him promising them greatness since, well, he'd have lots of power with the legendary dragons to exploit.

(I guess this goes under Character discussion because it’s about what the characters say.) I like these games, but there are times when I feel like I wish I could reach inside and edit some of the weirder points. Like the stuff between Lentimas and Opelucid.

Juniper tells you to get info from Drayden for her in Lentimas. OK. Then you meet up with her in Lacunosa and she reminds you to get the info from Drayden for her again, when she’s obviously moving through the region faster than you are.

Then you reach Opelucid and Drayden says he’s already spoken with Juniper and she asked him to tell you the information (to relay back to her?).

I know this is to make the player have a reason to learn this stuff, but they could have made it make more sense with some changes to the dialogue. Maybe in Lentimas, Juniper tells you that Drayden might know more on the topic to hint at the next location without telling you to find out for her. Then in Lacunosa she mentions him again and says she’s heading there to hear from him or something (again, to tease the importance of the location and info). Finally, when you meet Drayden, he says he already told Juniper this, but he decides he will tell you too because you’re a trainer trusted by Juniper and/or because you remind him of the trainer from two years ago.

Same info, same points you hear about it coming up, fewer plot hiccups.
    Oh, look! I wrote a fanfic! Weak (One-Shot. Rated G). Can Iris convince Bianca that she can't just avoid her problems?

And another one: Mischief (One-Shot. Rated G). A little fun for October.

I wasn't talking about Ghetsis' breakdown as the closure. I was talking about the overall water-down of the plot in BW2

I think Colress is probably the best villain so far in Pokemon game. He is a scientist so devoted to work that will do anything ANYTHING, to achieve his work, yes he might even kill you. That is probably the most sinister and developed villain yet, though i think we should see more of him.

Does Anyone, besides me, think that Colress should return for another game?

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I used to think this was ridiculously unrealistic, until I thought about it more... Imagine that you spent hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of pounds into a huge project in order to achieve world domination. Imagine all the planning that went into this. Now imagine that this random kid from god-knows-where and the person whose hands you trusted your project in came along and blew it. That's a whole fortune wasted for nothing, and that's not even counting the costs used to build the Plasma Castle.
    Better yet: think of going through that twice.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I wasn't talking about Ghetsis' breakdown as the closure. I was talking about the overall water-down of the plot in BW2
    Oh, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastMe123 View Post
    Does Anyone, besides me, think that Colress should return for another game?
    But he reformed. I don't think there's anything else to do with the character now.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    ^I'd like to think he was an rich archeologist before (with a different name) due to his discoveries at the Abyssal Ruins and got funds with the Sages' help and benefactors who were in on his plan due to him promising them greatness since, well, he'd have lots of power with the legendary dragons to exploit.
    I always pictured him as a scientist who worked alongside Colress when he was younger and, just for a bit of personal speculation, I like to think that he lost his right arm in an experiment which also damaged his right eye. After Colress rigged up a fake arm and a supportive eyepiece (the monocle) for him, I theorize that he then went on hiatus and traveled around the world, meeting the Sages and discovering the Abyssal Ruins and the Spacetime Orbs in the process. This all fed into his underlying megalomania, which prompted him to formulate his Team Plasma schemes, since he then knew that a complete takeover of Unova was a real possibility.

However, the only thing about my theory that has any evidence to it is the scientist bit, as Ghetsis is implied to have extensive scientific knowledge in BW1 in which another scientist under the employ of Team Plasma states that the PC Storage System hack was a testament to Ghetsis' scientific genius.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

However, the only thing about my theory that has any evidence to it is the scientist bit, as Ghetsis is implied to have extensive scientific knowledge in BW1 in which another scientist under the employ of Team Plasma states that the PC Storage System hack was a testament to Ghetsis' scientific genius.
    And well, we know the Sages came from all around the world and I could swear someone said it was Ghetsis who brought them together, so I think this is a hint about him traveling all around the world as you said. (I strongly believe he lost his right arm too, it's just suspicious how it's never ever shown)

And well, we know the Sages came from all around the world and I could swear someone said it was Ghetsis who brought them together, so I think this is a hint about him traveling all around the world as you said. (I strongly believe he lost his right arm too, it's just suspicious how it's never ever shown)
    Ah, you're right, the travelling was mentioned as well. And now that I think about it, so was the fact that he and Colress have known each other for a while.

And his right arm was shown once, in the opening for BW1. It's noticeably darker than his other arm, however, and while I used to think that this was merely a result of the shading, that notion changed when I saw N's concept art which also had the darkened arm (albeit on his left side, not his right). That's why I believe Colress made a replacement for him. But yes, it is quite suspicious.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

He could be the professor

He could be the professor
    Ghetsis? I don't think so, since Cedric was the regional Pokémon Professor before his daughter took over from him.

I will say Ghetsis is certainly well-traveled at least.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .:: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::.

Ghetsis? I don't think so, since Cedric was the regional Pokémon Professor before his daughter took over from him.
    He means in another game, I believe.

I like Colress's character a lot, and I could definitely see him in another game, maybe as a Gym Leader or something.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I like Colress's character a lot, and I could definitely see him in another game, maybe as a Gym Leader or something.
    A few years ago I'd say this is unlikely, but now we have Caitlin. Maybe, I can see him as a Steel-type trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I agree with this.

Or even an E4 member. Would be an interesting twist

Colress is sort of an interesting case because we don't really get to battle any important scientist characters. I could see him doing just about anything ranging from research to even becoming Champion. IDK if there's one right way to handle his character.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Colress is sort of an interesting case because we don't really get to battle any important scientist characters. I could see him doing just about anything ranging from research to even becoming Champion. IDK if there's one right way to handle his character.
    Well I think the same could be said for a lot of the characters in Gen 5. Minus the scientist thing of course. They all were so versatile. Although, Bianca and Cheren found their niches. But overall, this was one thing I enjoyed about the Gen 5 characters.

No I was talking about Colress

No I was talking about Colress
    ...As are we?

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Page 399 of 400 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400 LastLast