Page 101 of 400 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #2501
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    The Pokémon Special manga also heavily hints that they're actually the Shadow Triad.
    The games don't follow the manga.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

  2. #2502
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    7,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    The games don't follow the manga.
    Nor did I say that. I simply remarked the possibility of the possible connection.

  3. #2503
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    I thought the triplets werent there because bianca took too long in getting them? Not because theyre the shadow triad...Im pretty sure theres game dialogue supporting that...

  4. #2504
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    I thought the triplets werent there because bianca took too long in getting them? Not because theyre the shadow triad...Im pretty sure theres game dialogue supporting that...
    Just because Bianca was late in calling them, doesn't mean they were there to be called. Could've been an easily placed excuse from GameFreak so they could reveal them in the next game. Not saying it's a for-sure thing, but there's that possibility. Don't you find it weird that GameFreak just happened to leave the Striaton triplets out? What reason would they have for doing that?

  5. #2505
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pocket Ace View Post
    Just because Bianca was late in calling them, doesn't mean they were there to be called. Could've been an easily placed excuse from GameFreak so they could reveal them in the next game. Not saying it's a for-sure thing, but there's that possibility. Don't you find it weird that GameFreak just happened to leave the Striaton triplets out? What reason would they have for doing that?
    Devil's advocating here: Because the line of Bianca and the gym leaders matched up well against the line of the sages... probably. Adding three more sprites would have looked strange.

  6. #2506
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Devil's advocating here: Because the line of Bianca and the gym leaders matched up well against the line of the sages... probably. Adding three more sprites would have looked strange.
    ^ This.

    Also, it wouldn't be the first time Gym Leaders got mixed up with the evil team in the manga but NOT in the game; Sabrina, Blaine, and (I think?) Koga working with Team Rocket all come to mind.

    Having said that, it would be a wicked twist if they were. The games don't have enough 'seem nice but turn out to be evil' characters. A good guy turned bad guy is always fun.
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  7. #2507
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    Well... Pryce was an evil mastermind in the Manga, Sabrina Koga and Lt. Surge were members of Team Rocket... Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance were evil members too, and on another note, Will and Karen were also evil characters, yet none of these were brought into the games or anime. Plus it isn't even officially shown in the manga wether the Shadow Triad indeed Cilan, Cress and Chilli...

  8. #2508
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520

    Default

    And to be honest, all gyms leaders are connected to others gyms leaders or connected to main plot

    Clay gives Fossile to Lenora who is friend with Burgh. Burgh knows well Iris too. Elesa & Clay are always talking together for the bridge.Iris & Drayden are of course very connected. Skyla is a friend of Juniper, who works with Lenora for discovering the black / white stone .... Same for our Brycen, friend with Juniper.

    The triplets have no connection

  9. #2509
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sSerenity View Post
    And to be honest, all gyms leaders are connected to others gyms leaders or connected to main plot

    Clay gives Fossile to Lenora who is friend with Burgh. Burgh knows well Iris too. Elesa & Clay are always talking together for the bridge.Iris & Drayden are of course very connected. Skyla is a friend of Juniper, who works with Lenora for discovering the black / white stone .... Same for our Brycen, friend with Juniper.

    The triplets have no connection
    Maybe a crappy idea of an excuse but... maybe because they are the weakest among the Gym Leaders being the first set?

  10. #2510
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sSerenity View Post
    The triplets have no connection
    Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Maybe a crappy idea of an excuse but... maybe because they are the weakest among the Gym Leaders being the first set?
    Yep. They are the weakest of the bunch, but not because they are the first ones to be fought. Cilan admits that they are still novices (even when you try to talk to them post-game).

    We could say that they were recently appointed as new gym leaders at that time so they haven't made any acquaintances with other gym leaders at that point.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  11. #2511
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Well... Pryce was an evil mastermind in the Manga, Sabrina Koga and Lt. Surge were members of Team Rocket... Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance were evil members too, and on another note, Will and Karen were also evil characters, yet none of these were brought into the games or anime. Plus it isn't even officially shown in the manga wether the Shadow Triad indeed Cilan, Cress and Chilli...
    Well that was a while ago when we didn't have very many established villains. I don't recall PokéSpe recently changing anyone's character. And it is heavily implied that ST and ST are the same in that universe.

    But is anyone else excited for the potential BW news this weekend? Since we're indeed getting footage next weekend and some CoroCoro leaks over the next week, what kind of information do you think we'll get this week on Pokémon Smash?

  12. #2512
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Auburn, AL
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Another thought I had. What if (assuming we are getting new gyms) instead of focus on Pokemon types, gyms are based on egg types? Could add that little extra layer of difficulty if the types are mixed a bit but under the same egg typing.

  13. #2513
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBiGGiE View Post
    Another thought I had. What if (assuming we are getting new gyms) instead of focus on Pokemon types, gyms are based on egg types? Could add that little extra layer of difficulty if the types are mixed a bit but under the same egg typing.
    But the point of Gyms is that they focus on one type (with Blue's Gym in G/S/C being the one exception) and they're meant to test you against that type.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #2514
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran-kun View Post
    The difference between R/B/G/Y and G/S is only 2 years same with FR/LG and HG/SS. But I thought the gap between HG/SS and B/W was a lot more as this Team Rocket guy started a family and had a child during that time. So I presumed it would be around 5 years, maybe a little more.

    Oh yeah that's true about her Pokemon losing a level in B/W compared to what they were in Platinum. I never noticed that until you pointed it out, although it is only one level
    yeah, but it's strange how a pokemon can go DOWN one level in a space in time, assuming time is passing, and that BW happen after Pt.

    Quote Originally Posted by JBiGGiE View Post
    Another thought I had. What if (assuming we are getting new gyms) instead of focus on Pokemon types, gyms are based on egg types? Could add that little extra layer of difficulty if the types are mixed a bit but under the same egg typing.
    not gonna happen, because the target audience for pokemon is young children, that might be too difficult. This generation in particular is heavily aimed at new comers to the franchise.
    Last edited by pkmntraineramit; 6th April 2012 at 2:58 AM.

  15. #2515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    yeah, but it's strange how a pokemon can go DOWN one level in a space in time, assuming time is passing, and that BW happen after Pt.
    Maybe there's such a thing as level atrophy, or there would if the games weren't frozen in one particular span of time. Cynthias probably been doing a lot more researching than battling.

    Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    not gonna happen, because the target audience for pokemon is young children, that might be too difficult. This generation in particular is heavily aimed at new comers to the franchise.

    See where I'm going with this comparison? (ignore the fact that both pictures are split).
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

    I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

  16. #2516
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    No, no they don't. They play almost no role in the storyline at all. They do about as much as the leaders of the past generations: help you out with the evil team and/or let you into the special location in or around their town/city.
    But, have you see all the gym leader combined force like that in other generation?

  17. #2517
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    Maybe there's such a thing as level atrophy, or there would if the games weren't frozen in one particular span of time. Cynthias probably been doing a lot more researching than battling.



    See where I'm going with this comparison? (ignore the fact that both pictures are split).
    you kinda lost me there.

  18. #2518
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    you kinda lost me there.
    I think they are trying to say BW2 will just be updated versions of BW but I am kinda lost as well xD

    Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

  19. #2519
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I think they are trying to say BW2 will just be updated versions of BW but I am kinda lost as well xD
    yeah, thats what got from it too.

  20. #2520
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,289

    Default

    I think the idea of having two final versions is weird. Why couldn't they have just called it grey? It makes so much more sense...

  21. #2521
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alishenai View Post
    I think the idea of having two final versions is weird. Why couldn't they have just called it grey? It makes so much more sense...
    Probably because of the truth and ideals theme they had. They can't use both storylines in one game, so they made two.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  22. #2522
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Probably because of the truth and ideals theme they had. They can't use both storylines in one game, so they made two.
    I think they could've if they tried. They just wanted to make extra $$$.

  23. #2523
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alishenai View Post
    I think they could've if they tried. They just wanted to make extra $$$.
    Of course they did, they're a business. Besides which, they couldn't have used both themes in one game, because they're two opposites. You'd have to go through the game twice, so may as well just make two games.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #2524
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    Do you think this is why we haven't had much info,,, and that this is why the game is getting released so soon after it was reveiled (few months later)...

    Because it is just a 3rd version and there isn't much to reveil...

    (I am just questioning the possibilities though, I truly whole-heartedly believe that this is indeed a first in the Pokemon games being a sequel...

  25. #2525
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Giant Chasm
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Do you think this is why we haven't had much info,,, and that this is why the game is getting released so soon after it was reveiled (few months later)...
    Because it is just a 3rd version and there isn't much to reveil...
    (I am just questioning the possibilities though, I truly whole-heartedly believe that this is indeed a first in the Pokemon games being a sequel...
    I think there isn't a lot of information because of how short a time the release date is from when the games were officially released. I think the episode of Pokémon Smash with Masuda will reveal quite a lot of new information, and CoroCoro will unveil a lot as well, but I just think from Easter Sunday onwards, we're just going to get bombarded with Black 2 and White 2 information.

    But saying that, I'm surprised there hasn't been any screenshots floating around yet, or published on their official website, unless they're saving them for after Pokémon Smash has aired.

Page 101 of 400 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •