Page 103 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

OH that page is so so so so old...tell me someone posted it here or someplace besides collector's communities! because if not i will really feel bad i didn't

it is 1/40th scale zukan figures coming out in july and august, showing 13* (i keep writing the wrong number) secret spots, mystery pokemons A thru G, then 3 with meowth, and 3 with pikachu. reckon some are just B/W kyurem and meloetta, and at first i was imagining the rest would be things like emonga, maggyo, pokemon from the posters, but that is odd to me as they are not a secret. at all. even though sometimes the secret pokemon are not secrets at all (we've seen reshiram and doryuzuu fill some of those slots before) why do 14 things need to be covered up...?

so, maybe they are just regular guys. but let's PRETEND they are all brand new pokemon and pokemon forms. because THEY MIGHT BE!
    Last edited by sunyshore.com; 7th April 2012 at 3:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post
    OH that page is so so so so old...tell me someone posted it here or someplace besides collector's communities! because if not i will really feel bad i didn't

it is 1/40th scale zukan figures coming out in july and august, showing 14 secret spots, mystery pokemons A thru G, then 3 with meowth, and 3 with pikachu. reckon some are just B/W kyurem and meloetta, and at first i was imagining the rest would be things like emonga, maggyo, pokemon from the posters, but that is odd to me as they are not a secret. at all. even though sometimes the secret pokemon are not secrets at all (we've seen reshiram and doryuzuu fill some of those slots before) why do 14 things need to be covered up...?

so, maybe they are just regular guys. but let's PRETEND they are all brand new pokemon and pokemon forms. because THEY MIGHT BE!
    Ah. I get it. Yeah. It could be new Pokemon. But I think they're just teasing.

The 3 Pokemon beside Pikachu could simply be the starters. And the other 3 beside Meowth are the 3 Monkeys.
    The others could be the rest of the Musketeers, and the other is Genesect.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Ah. I get it. Yeah. It could be new Pokemon. But I think they're just teasing.

The 3 Pokemon beside Pikachu could simply be the starters. And the other 3 beside Meowth are the 3 Monkeys.
    The others could be the rest of the Musketeers, and the other is Genesect.
    Can we really expect Genesect to be revealed early?

Quote Originally Posted by Icy Meteor View Post
    I know I was just suggesting that if we do get the same one from Ruby and Sapphire then that will only mean one thing
    But I'm up for a completely new Battle Frontier.
    We all already know that RS remakes are going to happen, and that in 2014 or 2015 we'll get DPPt remakes, and so on and so forth. It's hardly up for debate at this point.

Anyway~

If there are new protagonists, I really hope they live in a section tacked onto Nuvema. That would be cool to see--a new "subdivision" of Nuvema.
    Otherwise, I really don't know where they would live. I still think Anville Town would be a sweet place to start, and they could work it so that you had to go to Nuvema Town to start your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    We all already know that RS remakes are going to happen, and that in 2014 or 2015 we'll get DPPt remakes, and so on and so forth. It's hardly up for debate at this point.
    Uh, no, we don't know that at all. They might make RS remakes, but there's no proof of that yet. It's certainly up for debate. Just because they made remakes the past two gens doesn't mean they have to do it this gen. Game Freak breaks patterns all the time. Hell, even the game we're talking about is a curveball. A year ago, we would have said "we already know a third version is going to happen, it's not up for debate." Game Freak isn't obligated to keep following this "pattern."
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Uh, no, we don't know that at all. They might make RS remakes, but there's no proof of that yet. It's certainly up for debate. Just because they made remakes the past two gens doesn't mean they have to do it this gen. Game Freak breaks patterns all the time. Hell, even the game we're talking about is a curveball. A year ago, we would have said "we already know a third version is going to happen, it's not up for debate." Game Freak isn't obligated to keep following this "pattern."
    :|

Ok, if you wanna get technical, you can say that we don't know because there's "no proof." But we know they're going to happen. Anybody who still denies that there will be remakes after FRLG and HGSS is being difficult. Sure, they could do it in a different way, but we'll still get Hoenn in some shape or form.
    Anyone who said "we'll still get a third version" wasn't wrong, anyway, since BW2 are the "third version" to BW. They were just done very differently.
    But this is Game Freak we're talking about. They'd be morons to not milk Hoenn and give it a remake, even if they choose to make it interesting and do it differently than in the past.
    Anyway, this is off-topic, so we should probably take this to VM or something.

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Can we really expect Genesect to be revealed early?
    They've kind of thrown the conventions and the rule book out recently, instead Meloetta having it's own film, it's just been given it's own special. But I wouldn't expect Genesect to be unveiled at least until February next year.

If there are new protagonists, I really hope they live in a section tacked onto Nuvema. That would be cool to see--a new "subdivision" of Nuvema.
    Otherwise, I really don't know where they would live. I still think Anville Town would be a sweet place to start, and they could work it so that you had to go to Nuvema Town to start your journey.
    I wouldn't mind that happening, new area of Nuvema or starting in Anville. It would be nice to have a route leading south of Anville, so Anville feels more connected to Unova.

Uh, no, we don't know that at all. They might make RS remakes, but there's no proof of that yet. It's certainly up for debate. Just because they made remakes the past two gens doesn't mean they have to do it this gen.
    You're right, however they most likely will, and the fact Gamefreak themselves quite recently on Twitter have been replying to quite a few specific questions aimed at Hoenn and Ruby and Sapphire is simply no coincidence. They know that the fans are expecting a remake of Ruby and Sapphire.

Game Freak breaks patterns all the time. Hell, even the game we're talking about is a curveball. A year ago, we would have said "we already know a third version is going to happen, it's not up for debate." Game Freak isn't obligated to keep following this "pattern."
    Gen V has just been a massive mixup, this generation's region wasn't based on an area in Japan, there was no old Pokémon whatsoever before the E4 and there wasn't areas that have been in every single game, such as the Safari Zone or a Cycle Road, but it still doesn't mean we should ignore the fact that Ruby and Sapphire remakes are bound to happen or be announced in the future.

Out of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four... who in particular do you guys think needs more role out-side of their position both adventure and character-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post

it is 1/40th scale zukan figures coming out in july and august, showing 13* (i keep writing the wrong number) secret spots, mystery pokemons A thru G, then 3 with meowth, and 3 with pikachu. reckon some are just B/W kyurem and meloetta, and at first i was imagining the rest would be things like emonga, maggyo, pokemon from the posters, but that is odd to me as they are not a secret. at all. even though sometimes the secret pokemon are not secrets at all (we've seen reshiram and doryuzuu fill some of those slots before) why do 14 things need to be covered up...?

They did that before, they had Excadrill covered up and secret on a toy set for some reason, so these are just random other Pokemon. Plus, we can't get new Pokemon anyway; BW2 wouldn't be able to communicate with BW.

I recall someone pointing out before that Anville town has the exact same house placement as Nuvema town - two houses above, and one below. It could work well for a starting town, and would give the place...a point.

Whether we're getting a remake or not is debatable, but we're getting Hoenn in some way. Of course Game Freak are going to want to milk it for all it's worth.

Out of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four... who in particular do you guys think needs more role out-side of their position both adventure and character-wise?
    I think Iris needs to have a job, or get involved with something, everyone seems to have a job gym leader-wise apart from her.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    They did that before, they had Excadrill covered up and secret on a toy set for some reason, so these are just random other Pokemon. Plus, we can't get new Pokemon anyway; BW2 wouldn't be able to communicate with BW.
    If you wanna get technical, we can get new Pokemon. Black 2 and White 2 would just have to use a Time Capsule system or something to that effect, so that the games would only have a one-way communication. It's a weird idea (since it's mid-region) and doesn't sound all that likely, but it's a possibility, given how much of a shake-up Gen V has been. And, it's actually not too unlikely when you figure that kids will still be able to communicate like with Black and White, since there are two versions for Black 2 and White 2. The fact that you wouldn't be able to battle and trade like you normally would between the third version and the initial games isn't as big of an issue when you think of it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~
    I recall someone pointing out before that Anville town has the exact same house placement as Nuvema town - two houses above, and one below. It could work well for a starting town, and would give the place...a point.
    Exactly. If it isn't already going to host a Battle Frontier (or even if it is), it'd be cool to have it as the starting town. (In response to Ice Meteor) I don't know how I feel about connecting it to Unova via a route, though... Anville would sort of lose some of its charm that way. Then again, if it becomes a Battle Frontier, it will be losing a lot of its charm regardless.

(In response to Ice Meteor) I don't know how I feel about connecting it to Unova via a route, though... Anville would sort of lose some of its charm that way. Then again, if it becomes a Battle Frontier, it will be losing a lot of its charm regardless.
    I had the idea that if these games were just Grey, then they could have easily replaced Black City and White Forest with the Battle Frontier, but now there's two versions I don't know where it could possibly go, and I don't think Anville Town would loose all of it's charm, it would still have that sense of isolation, because of it being so far away from the linear path of Unova.

definetly brycen. he says like two words throughout the whole game. And when you talk two him when the gym leaders are fighting the sages, he just says "..."
    cookie cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon5782 View Post
    definetly brycen. he says like two words throughout the whole game. And when you talk two him when the gym leaders are fighting the sages, he just says "..."
    You might be right, when you said Brycen I thought "Who?" and remembered oh yeah, there was an Ice-type Gym leader, wasn't there? I forgot all about him.

rumors

Pokémon
    Hide «
    * A second set of Starter Pokemon will be making their debut in Black 2 and White, and will still be the traditional Grass/Fire/Water triad. The Grass Pokemon is a bird, pure Grass, like Piplup and Torchic. Resembles an owl with a flower on head, needle eyebrows, and cactus wings. Seems to be based off the owls that live in cacti. The Fire Pokemon is a little orange elephant, different body design from Phanpy, rounder. Flame pattern on inside of ears–reference to the use of ears to regulate heat? Holes where its tusk would be. I assume, like Chimchar, fire comes out when it battles. Water Pokemon is a platypus, very playful in its design. Beaver-tail is large and looks like a surf-board, with a v-cut at the end. Magazine makes a note about the Starter Pokemon being “imported”, not sure what it means by this. Related to the region, I speculate.
    * Two new Pokemon related to Unova Pokemon are revealed. First is pre-evolution of Heatmor, Normal, lacks the mechanical features of the former. Resembles a tea-kettle. Learns Scald as a move its evolution does not. No info given on how it evolves, but hints at Durant being involved. Second is an evolution of Swoobat, seems to be a reference to Crobat, very-feminine appearance, succubus like. Same type as Swoobat. No evolution method given yet. Hints at other pre-evolutions and evolutions appearing, but seems to specify only Unova Pokemon receiving them.
    * Two version-exclusive counterparts. Pure Steel Pokemon, Black 2 exclusive apparently, a knight wearing a thimble with tiny needle swords. Pure Rock Pokemon, White 2 exclusive, human-shaped Smoochum-looking. Has a crown and brooch made of rock. Knight and maiden-themed duo.
    * Pure-Ghost, possibly a new Gastly like Timburr/Machop and Roggenrola/Geodude. Classic cartoon ghost wearing a sheet. Sheet is cut into giving it the appearance of a tuxedo. Very classy looking and cute with a little bow-tie. Dragon/Fighting Pokemon, very fierce looking. Possibly a final form. Bipedal. Obvious Game of Death reference. Bug/Dark Pokemon. Looks bigger than a first form, but not final either. A cockroach. Its shell looks like a leather-jacket. Punk-inspired, it seems, 50s greaser as opposed to Scraggy’s urban youth. Pose it’s in is classic “crouched down” gangster. Very intimidating looking.
    * No exact word given, but magazine seems to hint that none of the pre-Gen V Pokemon will appear once more during the main game. New Pokemon seem to be appearing alongside the Black and White Pokemon in the new region. Seems to be a nod to Gold and Silver containing a mix of Gen 1 and Gen 2.
    *Pictures confirm Pokemon following you is back, but isn’t elaborated on if there are any changes to it since HG/SS.

Region
    Hide «
    * Completely new region, with an official artwork map shown. Seems to be a bit on the small side at a glance. There looks to be 10 towns. Mix of modern cities, lots of bridges once more, and old world castles. Looks classic Final Fantasy-inspired almost. Other notable features seen are a giant Gothic-building, possibly a church, an airport (flying to Unova?), an aboveground train-line featuring prominently on the map, a shipyard, and a giant castle sitting on an island, surrounded by sharp rocks and with a storm-cloud above it. There is also an ice island up in the far north. No word given, but the general shape of the region, the castles, and the theme of the Pokemon hints towards being inspired by the U.K., but seems like an amalgam of Western Europe.
    * In-game screen-shots show the starting town, which is very classy and seems to feature a Pokemon academy. One screen-shot shows the player character standing at what appears to be a graduation ceremony in a large garden. Other screen shots show the player climbing the inside of a clock-tower, and little transparent sprites of the previously mentioned tuxedo-ghost are dancing around the screen, looks neat. The probably-church is also shown, with the player talking to a robed-man in front of it, as well as the shipyard, with the player walking around a puzzle created out of girders being hoisted by cranes (a Gym Puzzle?), and a shot of the player walking on the inside of the train, with the windows being open and showing off a pre-rendered grassy field.
    * Region seems to be steeped in history, and said to be important to unlocking various mysteries of the Pokemon world and so-and-so. Strong connection to Unova is implied. Also hints at having more differences between versions when it comes to layout than Black and White did, but no examples given or noticeable on the map, perhaps there are two maps for each version and they just chose one for the magazine?

Characters
    Hide «
    * Brand New Gym Leaders, four are shown, but not sure if they are in order. First Gym Leader is a repeat of the Straighton Trio, but female waitresses. Relation to them? They appear to use the original Unova Starters based on a screen-shot, like how the brothers used the monkeys. Second Gym Leader shown is a woman in a ringleader outfit, like a circus. No information given on type. Shows her in-game standing in a circus tent. Coloring on outfit, purple and yellow, seems like Psychic. Third Gym Leader resembles the cue-ball trainer class. Rides a motorcycle. Probably Poison, or perhaps first Dark Gym Leader? Fourth Gym Leader is a very classy looking young man holding a rapier. No clue what type he uses, Steel? Looks a bit like N, but with shorter hair. The magazine mentions the Unova Gym Leaders, and I think they’re once more hinting the G/S-nature of the game. Maybe we’ll fight them again?
    * New Player Characters. Looks same age as Hilbert and Hilda. Blond boy, with newsboy cap. Ginger girl, with flapper hat. Both wear nice clothes, and the girl has jewelry, so they seem to be rich. One screen-shot shows them together (the graduation ceremony), so they both seem to factor into the plot. Rival Character is shown, also at the ceremony. He’s another character with green hair, probably related to the green-haired Gym Leader? Artwork shows him yawning, and he seems to fall asleep during the graduation. New Professor, fat, balding man, looks like the Penguin. Focuses on exploring the relationship between the development of human culture alongside Pokemon. Owns an academy for upcoming trainers, which is where the beginning of the game takes place.
    * N is shown, and they are strongly hinting that he’ll definitely appear. Mentions the stinger ending of Black and White. The magazine also points out the green-hair trait of the rival and the Gym Leader, but doesn’t say anything else. One screen shows the player battling a Seven Sage (not sure if it was one of the ones from Black and White), and the magazine mentions how you never fought them in BW. The cloudy castle seen on the map is used in the background of the page focusing on N, and an in game screen-shot shows the player standing in an old room inside. A beautiful woman who has N’s hair is on a close-up of an old painting (very detailed) and there seems to be something extremely important about her.
    * New Trainer Classes shown include a teenager in a black-white school uniform, a chic woman drinking coffee, and an actual mime trainer class. One sequence of screen-shots shows that even normal trainers have animated sprites, with the mime doing the “wall” motion with his hands.
    .[/SPOILER]

You might be right, when you said Brycen I thought "Who?" and remembered oh yeah, there was an Ice-type Gym leader, wasn't there? I forgot all about him.
    I think Brycen can be classed as the least favourite of the Unova Gym Leaders but not in a 'hated' way but in a 'not so popular' way despite having a role back at Dragonspiral Tower... Maybe his appearance in the anime may change the view of some of us, but by far he is the least popular. I wonder if it is because people are bored of having a 7th Ice Type Gym Leader... I mean his design is really cool... maybe if we saw more backstory of his life as a movie star he might have shined more...

@Naetle-92 we already know about that rumour, and it doesn't need to be repeated...

Dude, we already knew all that. That's what we've been discussing. It's very likely to be fake, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Naetle-92 View Post
    and an actual mime trainer class. One sequence of screen-shots shows that even normal trainers have animated sprites, with the mime doing the “wall” motion with his hands.[/SPOILER]
    I didn't notice this before. This raises a suspicious point as well. A mime trainer class? Gee, what Pokemon would he use? But there's only supposed to be 5th Gen Pokemon. Hmm....

Dude, we already knew all that. That's what we've been discussing. It's very likely to be fake, anyway.

I didn't notice this before. This raises a suspicious point as well. A mime trainer class? Gee, what Pokemon would he use? But there's only supposed to be 5th Gen Pokemon. Hmm....
    Well, what I got from that was maybe the mime trainer class are actually like psychics... making actual psychic barrier walls, which may be a reason for them to training Psychic type Pokemon...

Ghost or Psychic Pokémon.

Well, what I got from that was maybe the mime trainer class are actually like psychics... making actual psychic barrier walls, which may be a reason for them to training Psychic type Pokemon...
    Ghost or Psychic Pokémon.
    I'm just saying, it would really weird to have a Mime Trainer and not use Mr. Mime. And considering there's only 5th-Gen Pokemon...

I'm just saying, it would really weird to have a Mime Trainer and not use Mr. Mime. And considering there's only 5th-Gen Pokemon...
    Mime's are kind of entertainment like clowns, so I could imagine Reuniclus and it's evolutions because they kind remind me of clowns, don't ask me why...

Mime's are kind of entertainment like clowns, so I could imagine Reuniclus and it's evolutions because they kind remind me of clowns, don't ask me why...
    Yes... I understand what you mean... I thought of Gothitelle and it's line too...

Quote Originally Posted by Naetle-92 View Post
    rumor has it
    I like that song

It's too bad that's all false, because some of those ideas--like the Heatmor pre-evolution--were actually sort of cool and believable.

The succubus Swoobat evolution really appealed to me. If only it could be true. </3

Just a couple of hours left to wait, I suppose.

And it's the time we waste, swallowed into space. . . .

Page 103 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast