Page 104 of 400 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Mawile412 View Post
    The succubus Swoobat evolution really appealed to me. If only it could be true. </3

Just a couple of hours left to wait, I suppose.
    Damn... My Swoobat in Pokemon White is already at level 100, if the rumours are true... it will be evolution time. But rumours are rumours we need to accept this : )

How long have we got left for smash? less than 2 hours?

The information is getting closer to us, They could show us at least a Pic I'll keep checking.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperXhydra95 View Post
    The information is getting closer to us, They could show us at least a Pic I'll keep checking.
    has it even started?

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    has it even started?
    it starts in about 20 minutes.

I'm hoping for some kind of screenshot or artwork in this show, don't expect gameplay as it is being saved for the 15th, as already stated. Maybe we will see the player in the starting town or artwork of the hero/heroine?
    Omega Ruby

Insufficient 14 minutes for Pokémon Smash...
    Last edited by Vinkachu99; 8th April 2012 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkachu99 View Post
    Insufficient 14 minutes for Pokémon Smash...
    So it has started now then right?

It 'started, but I do not think he talked about black and white 2 early...

So it has started now then right?
    Pokémon Smash has started, but it's currently airing an episode of the animé

It's currently airing an episode of sinnoh saga

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkachu99 View Post
    It's currently airing an episode of sinnoh saga
    Yeh It was showing the episode with Pikachu and Raichu back in Sinnoh

Is airing random episodes normal? Or could it be a sign of events to come?

Yeh It was showing the episode with Pikachu and Raichu back in Sinnoh
    Yes!
    I go to bed, keep me update tomorrow!

How long of the show left exactly at this moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudruma View Post
    Is airing random episodes normal? Or could it be a sign of events to come?
    Yes it is :/ Although last time I watched Pokémon Smash it was an episode with Ash and May and May catching her Bulbasaur, so it must be random as they can't have went through that many episodes since I last watched it.

i CANNOT believe that i actually believed they were going to show us something today...well, we press on. So what now, Coro Coro leaks this week on like the 11th? We only have like two months until release, and they have told us literally nothing. I'm starting to think that theres really not all that much to show, and these are just paired third versions... i might just quit pokemon all together if thats true. talk about betrayal.

yeah ok i wouldnt quit
    cookie cookie

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    you kinda lost me there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I think they are trying to say BW2 will just be updated versions of BW but I am kinda lost as well xD
    Sorry, I probably shouldn't have used that picture of SMB2. And I should have posted this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_M...he_Lost_Levels
    I started thinking about how much harder SMB2 was than SMB, then I thought about how it was SMB's first sequel. BW2 is going to be the first pokemon sequel with a number in the name.

My point was that maybe BW2 will be like SMB2 (Lost Levels). They're both technically very similar to their predecessor (well, okay we don't know much about BW2, but we do know it's still on the DS), but in SMB2's case, it was much harder than it's predecessor.

I'm simply hoping for a more difficult game this time around. For "super-players", y'know.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    Sorry, I probably shouldn't have used that picture of SMB2. And I should have posted this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_M...he_Lost_Levels
    I started thinking about how much harder SMB2 was than SMB, then I thought about how it was SMB's first sequel. BW2 is going to be the first pokemon sequel with a number in the name.

My point was that maybe BW2 will be like SMB2 (Lost Levels). They're both technically very similar to their predecessor (well, okay we don't know much about BW2, but we do know it's still on the DS), but in SMB2's case, it was much harder than it's predecessor.

I'm simply hoping for a more difficult game this time around. For "super-players", y'know.
    Or how about Legend of Zelda 2: Link's Adventure. Incredibly difficult, completely different gameplay, but it was still a sequel...

@Naetle-92 we already know about that rumour, and it doesn't need to be repeated...
    where was said rumor seen? this is a first for me. i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    They did that before, they had Excadrill covered up and secret on a toy set for some reason, so these are just random other Pokemon. Plus, we can't get new Pokemon anyway; BW2 wouldn't be able to communicate with BW.

Gold/ Silver/ Crystal time machine. You're arguement is invalid.

thank you come again.
    Last edited by pkmntraineramit; 8th April 2012 at 8:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    Pokemon is for kids, this game isn't going to be any more difficult than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Gold/ Silver/ Crystal time machine. You're arguement is invalid.

thank you come again.
    No it's not. The Time Machine was used to trade between generations, this is not a new generation.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Pokemon is for kids, this game isn't going to be any more difficult than any other.
    Yeah. It's for kids basically. But I think that's only their front.

If you think about it, Pokemon is not just a simple kids game. Why do you think EVs, IVs, Abilties, Natures, Breeding, The Battle Frontier and other complex battle aspects are implemented in the games? Because they know that there are competitive and skilled players out there. Also, I'm pretty sure that they are aware that majority of the fanbase are already old and experienced players.

It would be nice if they raise the difficulty level a bit. And when we say 'difficulty', it's not limited to Pokemon levels alone.

Unova was a bit too easy compared to the previous games because you can gain levels easily and quickly. Also because the forests/caves aren't as puzzling as before. Even the gym puzzles are pretty straightforward. Some trainers have mediocre teams while some others (including important trainers) have mediocre Pokemon in their parties.

I understand that the game should still be at a level of difficulty where kids don't find themselves stuck all the time because of insanely perplexing puzzles or because of losing to in-game trainers with very competitive teams. It would just be great if BW2 will offer more puzzles and give us battles that would push us to make good teams.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Of course I understand how advanced it can get, I was more referring to the surface level difficulty. The main game, gyms, Elite Four etc. I never thought about it much, but B/W definitely were a lot easier, while they had a much more mature story. Personally I would prefer them to reverse that but by the sounds of Wasarym's post he wanted something that was really challenging, which just wont happen.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

"pokemon is for kids" really is only a front. think about worlds. how many of the competitors are 5 year olds like we see playing with toys in commercials all the time? and how many are teens and young adults? and even not-young adults?

the most childish thing in pokemon is probably the anime. the manga (special especially) can be quite violent. the games can be very difficult. i know some of you hardcore power players would scoff at that, but they actually aren't easy, especially for someone like me who is not a gamer. i love taking months to enjoy the game slowly but i also find it challenging.

and in japan, they are more than indulgent to adult fans. they make entire merchandising lines only for adults, specifically advertised as "for adults, not for use by children, fragile, sharp edges, very expensive, bla bla bla". banpresto is starting a new line called "pokemon for grown-ups" ( http://www.prizebp.jp/otona_pokemon ) which will include their My Pokemon Collection plush line, mini plush of every single Unova pokemon in small, chokeable sizes with tiny chokeable chains, delicate detailed fragile attack figures sculpted in high quality, and soon, a figure line called "partners" featuring a trainer and their main pokemon. it starts with ash and pikachu, and dento and yanappu, but the next two are ingo and emmet, probably with chandelure and eelektross. those two were rated the second most popular trainers in B/W after N -- by adult fans.

i know i am bla bla bla but "pokemon is just for kids" is one of my favourite points of debate though i don't think it means they will suddenly make games just for power players. that's not making pokemon for adults, that's making pokemon for a very limited percentage of people even inside the adult spectrum. and many power players are ten year olds as well. so

No it's not. The Time Machine was used to trade between generations, this is not a new generation.
    You're saying this as if the fact that it was used between generations actually matters. If BW2 are sequels and take place years into the future from BW, then we effectively have the exact same scenario as if it were between generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    You're saying this as if the fact that it was used between generations actually matters. If BW2 are sequels and take place years into the future from BW, then we effectively have the exact same scenario as if it were between generations.
    No we don't, because they're still in the same generation, the time between them doesn't matter. Gold and Silver could have taken place concurrently with Red and Blue, what mattered was that they were a different generation.

No we don't, because they're still in the same generation, the time between them doesn't matter. Gold and Silver could have taken place concurrently with Red and Blue, what mattered was that they were a different generation.
    No, what mattered was that there were new Pokemon and moves introduced between the games. What's been said suggests that should Gamefreak include new Pokemon/moves between B/W and B/W2, they could use a Time Capsule-like device to allow for trading between the games, regardless of whether or not it's "set in the future" or a "different generation."

They're not saying this will be done. They're saying if it is done, there is already precedent suggesting that the games could still be compatible.

It wouldn't even have to be called a Time Capsule. They could just have a "B/W mode" and "B/W 2 mode" available when connecting with other games that you select from the B/W 2 menu when trading/battling. In the former, you can only use what was available in B/W, in the latter, you can use anything. The former could connect to any B/W games and B/W 2 games running in B/W mode, the latter would only be able to connect to B/W 2 (and any games introduced after them in Gen V).
    Last edited by Ememew; 8th April 2012 at 7:38 PM.

Page 104 of 400 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast