Page 11 of 400 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Of course. You'll still be able to breed it. You'd just need to get a female.
    No, what I mean is that they'll never release a female Snivy with Contrary because then everyone and their grandma will be running around with Serperiors with Contrary absolutely destroying the meta game. Contrary is just too broken an ability to allow everyone to breed it down infinitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

IMO Hilbert/Hilda won't be the main characters. I'm still undecided about whether or not I believe that BW2 will take place in Unova. N was sighted in a different region, so it would make more sense if the game took place in said region, don't you think?

The thing I think I want to see mostly, is just the return of N, ghetsis, and the playable characters. But how the new story will fall out is the biggest mystery yet. With all the old regions we had a sense of what would happen with the first two versions in every generation, The third version was just an improved version of the first 2, and the remake we knew the stories completely. With this game we know the entire story of Black & White, basically we have to speculate how willl they build on the first journey, and how will they make it into a new adventure. Man, my heart is racing about these games and they weren't even revealed more than 24 hours.
    B/W favorite pokemon

Samurott
    Braviary
    Reshiram
    Kyurem

Favorite Legendary

GIRATINA

The adventure continues with B/W 2

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    No, what I mean is that they'll never release a female Snivy with Contrary because then everyone and their grandma will be running around with Serperiors with Contrary absolutely destroying the meta game. Contrary is just too broken an ability to allow everyone to breed it down infinitely.
    If Gamefreak considered it broken they wouldn't have created it, so there's no need to worry about them not providing female Snivy.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    IMO Hilbert/Hilda won't be the main characters. I'm still undecided about whether or not I believe that BW2 will take place in Unova. N was sighted in a different region, so it would make more sense if the game took place in said region, don't you think?
    Why? N's story is done, we don't really need to see him again. Certainly not to follow him to another region anyway.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If Gamefreak considered it broken they wouldn't have created it, so there's no need to worry about them not providing female Snivy.
    How is dealing base 140 damage and getting your Special Attack doubled not broken? By the time you've used up all 5 PP (or 8 if you use PP Max), it could pretty much one shot anything that doesn't resist it. Definitely a ban worthy ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Why? N's story is done, we don't really need to see him again. Certainly not to follow him to another region anyway.
    N's story isn't done at all. There were a couple of blatant sequel hooks in BW. Firstly, N flying over the ocean on Reshiram/Zekrom at the end of the credits. Then it was mentioned that he was spotted in another region. And finally, the box art Kyurem forme corresponds to the dragon N caught, and not the one Hilbert/Hilda caught.

I'm going to go so far as to say that there is a 100% chance that N will be in the sequels. There's no way he's not going to be. Heck, Cynthia will probably be in them too. Someone in Game Freak has a hard on for her.

I think one reason Hilbert/Hilda would go after N is to warn him that Ghetis could be trying to combine all three of the dragons together. He somehow took your Zekrom/Reshiram and only needs the other one that N has to complete it. So you would have to go find him as he could have exiled himself from modern society for a while.

The only question I have for the games are if you play as Hilda/Hilbert why would you want to get rid of your Pokemon and start over.

Man, I'm gonna have to restart my Black and beat it again. Some of the stuff people are saying about N's story I either forgot or didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Lucario View Post
    The only question I have for the games are if you play as Hilda/Hilbert why would you want to get rid of your Pokemon and start over.
    IMO, the most plausible thing to do is to give us a new batch of main characters that will journey around the region. Like I've said before, the timeline may occur a year or two after the previous game. They can have us battle Hilda/Hilbert similarly to Red in mt. Silver.

IF we start as Hilda/Hilbert again, then this is basically a rehash of B/W and not a sequel at all, only with extended storyline. You, the Unova League Champion, the hero who disbanded team Plasma, starts at square one again with essentially nothing? *shrug*

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

How is dealing base 140 damage and getting your Special Attack doubled not broken? By the time you've used up all 5 PP (or 8 if you use PP Max), it could pretty much one shot anything that doesn't resist it. Definitely a ban worthy ability.
    Grass is a terrible offensive type, many things resist it. Also, Serperior has a shallow movepool.

Watch these games turn out to be remakes with only 10% new content. No one will like that. xD
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 26th February 2012 at 11:16 PM.

In my opinion, if these games really are a sequal, it would only make sense if they continued the story from where it left off, new cities, new tons, new GL's, New E4, new Protagonist, if this happens, I will be happy as heck, because it's never happend before, and it would be soooooo cool.

The "Elite Four Lucian" MINIcon was Created by me! It is the first of it's kind. If you would like one made, PM me and I will make you one.

And again, Gamefreak doesn't care. If they had no intention of having the ability used they wouldn't have created it.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    N's story isn't done at all. There were a couple of blatant sequel hooks in BW. Firstly, N flying over the ocean on Reshiram/Zekrom at the end of the credits. Then it was mentioned that he was spotted in another region. And finally, the box art Kyurem forme corresponds to the dragon N caught, and not the one Hilbert/Hilda caught.
    N went to another region, fine, that doesn't mean there's more to his story. It was resolved, and he left. That's all there is to it. Considering we still don't know anything about these games it's hard to say that just because the cover legendaries have swapped that N will return.

Fact is, we can't even say for sure where or when these games take place. N may have never existed.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Assuming this takes place after the events of BW, I predict that Ghetsis will find and capture Kyurem wherever it may be, then trick N into giving him the other dragon (or steal it from him) so that he can combine Kyurem and the other dragon into the version mascot. This works quite well with the versions; if you have White 2, for example, then in the original White, N obtains Reshiram and rides away on it, and since White Kyurem is the mascot for White 2, it all works out quite nicely.

Also, one thing I think would be cool is if the game starts from a different town besides Nuvema. But that's unlikely.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Assuming this takes place after the events of BW, I predict that Ghetsis will find and capture Kyurem wherever it may be, then trick N into giving him the other dragon (or steal it from him) so that he can combine Kyurem and the other dragon into the version mascot. This works quite well with the versions; if you have White 2, for example, then in the original White, N obtains Reshiram and rides away on it, and since White Kyurem is the mascot for White 2, it all works out quite nicely.
    Except the version mascot is the Pokemon you catch. We didn't catch Kyogre in Ruby.

Perhaps N will release his dragon to the player, so the player, for whatever reason, can fuse it with Kyurem?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Assuming this takes place after the events of BW, I predict that Ghetsis will find and capture Kyurem wherever it may be, .
    You lost me here. As the playable character, I caught Kyurem. So he'd have to take it over my own dead body. As that would create continuity issues for a direct sequel either way they chose to do it (Option A: Ghetsis gets the Kyurem from the wild that you all of the sudden you don't have, or Option B: Ghetsis steals Kyurem from you, even though you never caught it.) probably not going to happen.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Or... these new formes aren't fusions at all? Fusions don't make sense in the Pokemon world. I don't see that happening. Besides, a fusion would create a brand new Pokemon--it wouldn't be Kyurem and it wouldn't be a "forme" if it was a fusion. I highly doubt these are fusions.

And people. It's SEQUEL. With an E. Not "sequal." If you're going to speculate that these are sequels, at least spell the damn word correctly.

I hope they release a new system of characters. I hope Hilbert/Hilda don't appear, it would be kinda confusing depending if you chose a boy in Black, and a girl in Black2 xD. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new leader of TP.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    You lost me here. As the playable character, I caught Kyurem.
    As the playable character of FRLG, I caught Mewtwo and the legendary birds. That didn't stop that upstart Ethan (under MY name, no less!) from doing the same thing in HGSS. And, when that little brat battled Red (also me), I never even used my legends!

I believe that, canonically, the player never caught the optional legends (ie the only thing they ever caught was Reshiram/Zekrom).

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Or... these new formes aren't fusions at all? Fusions don't make sense in the Pokemon world. I don't see that happening. Besides, a fusion would create a brand new Pokemon--it wouldn't be Kyurem and it wouldn't be a "forme" if it was a fusion. I highly doubt these are fusions.
    Let's take away our current understanding of rules about what GameFreak can and can't do, as these games are already proving to break them (or at least bend and stretch them craptons).

If my twist on Gelatino's idea is, somehow, what the game actually is, there's no problem with it. The dragon that N formerly controlled will simply be uncatchable, or, if the dragons can be split and recombined, obtainable by splitting. Brand-new Pokemon poses no problem - simply don't let them be traded to or battled against BW games, or (again, assuming free splitting/recombining) force the dragon to be split.

While I don't see it as the most likely scenario, there's no reason that it can't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    I hope they release a new system of characters. I hope Hilbert/Hilda don't appear, it would be kinda confusing depending if you chose a boy in Black, and a girl in Black2 xD. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new leader of TP.
    All gamers are male, therefore Hilbert.

See GSCHGSS Red for precedent.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 27th February 2012 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    You lost me here. As the playable character, I caught Kyurem. So he'd have to take it over my own dead body. As that would create continuity issues for a direct sequel either way they chose to do it (Option A: Ghetsis gets the Kyurem from the wild that you all of the sudden you don't have, or Option B: Ghetsis steals Kyurem from you, even though you never caught it.) probably not going to happen.
    No, basically in the sequel, it'll play out like you never caught Kyurem. Plus, you won't be the characters in Black, you would be completey new ones. Remember, Johto was techically sequels to Kanto because 1. it took place 3 years after 2.team rocket was trying to make a come back and 3. it references gen 1 many times. But yet all these things you still are able to catch the bird trio and Mewtwo even though most people caught it in the region before. Same in platinum where it's in the future, yet you can catch the birds again. This game will play out like the only legendary you caught, was the version mascot.
    Last edited by Black Kyurem; 27th February 2012 at 12:29 AM.
    B/W favorite pokemon

Samurott
    Braviary
    Reshiram
    Kyurem

Favorite Legendary

GIRATINA

The adventure continues with B/W 2

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Let's take away our current understanding of rules about what GameFreak can and can't do, as these games are already proving to break them (or at least bend and stretch them craptons).

If my twist on Gelatino's idea is, somehow, what the game actually is, there's no problem with it. The dragon that N formerly controlled will simply be uncatchable, or, if the dragons can be split and recombined, obtainable by splitting. Brand-new Pokemon poses no problem - simply don't let them be traded to or battled against BW games, or (again, assuming free splitting/recombining) force the dragon to be split.

While I don't see it as the most likely scenario, there's no reason that it can't be the case.
    Except they've already been referred to as "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem." They've been officially termed as types of Kyurem, hence they aren't brand-new Pokemon.

And regardless of if GameFreak has broken traditions and can do whatever they want, we, as fans, can still predict what we feel is likely for them to do. Pokemon are treated like everyday living creatures in the Pokemon world. Team Plasma's experiments performed on Genesect were viewed as horrendous and unnatural. Fusion of Pokemon here just doesn't click with me. I think Kyurem could "fuse" with something related to Zekrom/Reshiram, but nothing like an exact fusion of two Pokemon.

im not sure if they will have like a whole new reigon and pokemon, E4, champ, and everything....i mean its only been like nearly a year after BW release. it would take quite some time to come up with a whole new region and everything....it will probably be what it is- a sequel. it'll most likely be where we last left off; in search of N and Geechisu. what im perplexed over is the combo of Kyruem and Zekrom/Reshiram. not sure what it means but its sure to be interesting! looking forward to this game!(never had a sequel before O_O only remakes ;D)
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/96f8ee.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/33578te.png[/IMG]
    Latias....My Love and My Life.

-1st Most Favorite Pokemon--Latias!
    -2nd Most Favorite Pokemon--Pikachu
    -3rd Most Favorite Pokemon--Celebi

Don't Play Pokemon like you want to...
    Play Pokemon like you need to...

Name:ZeZe

When I heard about this yesterday it just blew my mind. The whole thought of a sequel makes me want to dance! I'm just hoping that they handle it well. I feel like that they might do this like I gen and II gen. The second gen was basically a continuation of the first gen, just a new character and new pokemon. But Gold and Silver told us what happened to Team Rocket after Red defeated them, and that a new hero needed to defeat them....Maybe they'll take it in a different direction, but I can't help but feel this is how the story is going to play out. But what do I know, maybe they'll suprise me! Its just the posibilities are endless!
    'Scuse me while I FLAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraFlare View Post
    im not sure if they will have like a whole new reigon and pokemon, E4, champ, and everything....i mean its only been like nearly a year after BW release. it would take quite some time to come up with a whole new region and everything....it will probably be what it is- a sequel. it'll most likely be where we last left off; in search of N and Geechisu. what im perplexed over is the combo of Kyruem and Zekrom/Reshiram. not sure what it means but its sure to be interesting! looking forward to this game!(never had a sequel before O_O only remakes ;D)
    It definitely will not be a new region and new Pokemon. At least, definitely not new Pokemon. That would be a new generation, this is not a new generation.

Except they've already been referred to as "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem." They've been officially termed as types of Kyurem, hence they aren't brand-new Pokemon.
    Names can be misleading.

I'm mostly doing devil's advocate here btw, I don't think they're fusions

Pokemon are treated like everyday living creatures in the Pokemon world. Team Plasma's experiments performed on Genesect were viewed as horrendous and unnatural.
    Because that's what they were - horrendous and unnatural. If such a fusion were natural, I doubt anyone would oppose it, especially when faced with the alternative of bad guys doing bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Names can be misleading.

I'm mostly doing devil's advocate here btw, I don't think they're fusions

Because that's what they were - horrendous and unnatural. If such a fusion were natural, I doubt anyone would oppose it, especially when faced with the alternative of bad guys doing bad things.
    But

but

Oh geeze these games are ruined
    Pokemon is over

Page 11 of 400 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast