Page 398 of 400 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400 LastLast
Results 9,926 to 9,950 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    I do kind of wish the rest of the leaders would have got new sprites. Cheren did as well so I suppose that was a plus
    And Iris. :P
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    And Iris. :P
    Oh yes ^^ how could I forget?

Her new sprite was great

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Does anyone else think that Team Plasma went through some massive character decay in B2W2? I mean, the grunts are all "STEAL POKES NO MATTER WHAT", Zinzolin is all "I SUFFER BUT I FEEL HAPPY", Colress is all "ANYTHING FOR BRINGING OUT THE POTENTIAL OF POKEMON HAHAHA", and Ghetsis is all "BLATANT WORLD DOMINATION"... but none of them are really thoroughly explained. There's no hidden plot, and Zinzolin and Colress are just... there, without much character development. Not to mention, the climax wasn't that... climatic, compared to the original BW. The whole thing just feels hastily done.
    Yeah I agree 100%. It just...yeah.

Colress had a ton of potential as well (I was so hoping for a meeting between him and N) but I found that it was really wasted.

In case Pokemon Grayscale a couple of accomplish always be sequels towards the authentic Grayscale, I seriously want to buy to get arranged many years soon after. It's my job to imagined in which Anville Town generally looked like a new starting off area, therefore my own imagine can be which the fresh participant starts the actual Anville Town then vacations via an extended a part of Unova about the western world facet on the region.
    Middle East have increased visitors with quality travel agents middle east .

Does anyone else think that Team Plasma went through some massive character decay in B2W2? I mean, the grunts are all "STEAL POKES NO MATTER WHAT", Zinzolin is all "I SUFFER BUT I FEEL HAPPY", Colress is all "ANYTHING FOR BRINGING OUT THE POTENTIAL OF POKEMON HAHAHA", and Ghetsis is all "BLATANT WORLD DOMINATION"... but none of them are really thoroughly explained. There's no hidden plot, and Zinzolin and Colress are just... there, without much character development. Not to mention, the climax wasn't that... climatic, compared to the original BW. The whole thing just feels hastily done.
    I agree. While I do like their B2W2 outfits better than the BW ones, they were clearly better handled in BW, and I agree with you about the climax. Last time we had a big Gym Leader reunion, the involvement of the Champion himself, this time everyone seems to be pretty much ignoring what's going on.

I guess Ghetsis being defeated by a fifteen-year-old or something two years ago really made everyone see him as harmless haha
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I agree. While I do like their B2W2 outfits better than the BW ones, they were clearly better handled in BW, and I agree with you about the climax. Last time we had a big Gym Leader reunion, the involvement of the Champion himself, this time everyone seems to be pretty much ignoring what's going on.

I guess Ghetsis being defeated by a fifteen-year-old or something two years ago really made everyone see him as harmless haha
    I can't remember where, but there was some thread in which I made a post explaining how, to me at least, that particular aspect made BW2 seem more "personal." I'll try to dig it up later when I don't have an overwhelming urge to sleep. z.z
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I think there was a sense of 'decay' they were trying to show within Team Plasma. 2 years past and their plans still haven't gone anywhere so I believe a sense of desperation and discord within the organization made everything shift into the mayhem it was in BW2

i like to know on which days can i call Curtis/Yancy? becuase for the last 2 days i couldnt call them... and when will he'she wants to trade with me??
    3DS fc: 1805 2440 0727

my safari is Poison-Toxicroak , Ariados , Gloom

pm me if you added me i will add you too

Quote Originally Posted by kieshara View Post
    i like to know on which days can i call Curtis/Yancy? becuase for the last 2 days i couldnt call them... and when will he'she wants to trade with me??
    It's all very neatly detailed on this site's "Dropped Item Subquest" page: http://serebii.net/black2white2/droppeditem.shtml
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

i thought it was hilarious when the two girls (who are still not really explained) in the plasma house in Driftveil tell you N was a hobo as a kid. but how old was N when Ghetsis took him in?

White 2 team~ all lvl 100~ 8 badges~ E4 complete~ white treehollow complete~ join avenue rank 10~ 81 medals

Quote Originally Posted by tyranitarenthusiast View Post
    i thought it was hilarious when the two girls (who are still not really explained) in the plasma house in Driftveil tell you N was a hobo as a kid. but how old was N when Ghetsis took him in?
    Yeah, haha...

...abandoned children are so hilarious. :|
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I thought they were also orphans taken in by Ghetsis to watch over N?
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    I thought they were also orphans taken in by Ghetsis to watch over N?
    If you are talking about Anthea and Concordia (Goddess of Love and Goddess of Peace), then yes. Both them and N were orphans when Ghetsis took them in.

How...was that funny?

And other than speculation, there is no hard evidence how old he was then. We don't even know how old he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    How...was that funny?

And other than speculation, there is no hard evidence how old he was then. We don't even know how old he is now.
    I'd probably stick w/ the 10 yr old thing. They seem to stick w/ that theme a lot

And I think they were talking about picturing a little boy that looks like your typical hobo that rides on trains and whatnot. You don't typically picture a kid with a scraggly beard when someone says hobo

I'd probably stick w/ the 10 yr old thing. They seem to stick w/ that theme a lot
    That's primarily the Anime. I don't think the games explicitly explain ages so it's up to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    That's primarily the Anime. I don't think the games explicitly explain ages so it's up to interpretation.
    Either way, I think he is the same age as you

Either way, I think he is the same age as you
    In my head, when BW1 take place, Hilbert/Hilda are 16 and N is 18.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

In my head, when BW1 take place, Hilbert/Hilda are 16 and N is 18.
    So do you think not giving them a specific age was another way of personalizing the story to the player? That's what it seems like to me.

So do you think not giving them a specific age was another way of personalizing the story to the player? That's what it seems like to me.
    Perhaps, but they have given specific ages before. Red has been confirmed to be 11 in RBYFRLG, for instance.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Perhaps, but they have given specific ages before. Red has been confirmed to be 11 in RBYFRLG, for instance.
    And Looker said Cyrus was 27.
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.

Quote Originally Posted by charizarddude View Post
    And Looker said Cyrus was 27.
    Yeah, and Prof. Rowan is 60.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Perhaps they could have changed it for Gen V? Tons of other characters in the Pokemon games have specified ages but it seems as if your character doesn't have a defined one yet.

TV Tropes has this:

"it makes sense why the player characters here would be older than in the Japanese-based regions. Culturally, it's more common for Japanese children to travel without parental supervision (think eight-year-olds walking to school in groups of two or three) whereas Americans tend to be more protective (see, the NYC mom who came under fire for letting her children travel subways alone) until you're at least a teenager."

And this:

"The reason why the Pokedex entries for Yamask and Cofagrigus and other such Pokemon are considerably darker this time around could be because Hilbert/Hilda are older than the previous protagonists and are therefore accustomed to more mature concepts. After all, it is the player character who fills out the Pokedex entries!"

Plus, wasn't it official stated that the player characters for Unova are older than past protagonists?

ages went out of the window with this game i.e Bugsy is still 8 after what must be at least 5 years since HG/SS and Tate a Liza havent done much growing up either

Page 398 of 400 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400 LastLast