Page 400 of 400 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400
Results 9,976 to 10,000 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by BeastMe123 View Post
    No I was talking about Colress
    So were we. We were just discussing roles outside of him just being a professor

About N...

Perhaps, in the vein of the Jungle Book, his parents were killed in some sort of accident and N (around 4 by my guess) was left in the forest. His ability to communicate with Pokemon helped him get around as a Darmanitan and a Zorua took him in as one of their own. How his parents died and the details are unknown because as N grew up he forgot about his parents and nobody else was there as a witness.

Ghetsis may've heard rumors of a supposed feral child who could speak to Pokemon but mostly kept away from humans. Though much like the Kangaskhan Kid, he'd confront humans who'd hurt his friends like poachers, hence the rumors. The man had a hunch that the boy (now 8 years old) was the one he was looking and went to the forest and found him, pretended to be his father. Even going so far as to dye his hair green to make the connection more convincing to the naive lad (other resembling features were pretty coincidental). It didn't take long for the boy, N, to be persuaded into coming with Ghetsis and the rest is history.

i was reply to the guy earlier about how he thought i was talking about Ghetsis

i was reply to the guy earlier about how he thought i was talking about Ghetsis
    A misconception that was cleared up before you posted?

And you're aware that the Quote button exists, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Well I think the same could be said for a lot of the characters in Gen 5. Minus the scientist thing of course. They all were so versatile. Although, Bianca and Cheren found their niches. But overall, this was one thing I enjoyed about the Gen 5 characters.
    That's true, but Bianca and Cheren didn't quite give off the same vibe as Colress in that respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Well I think the same could be said for a lot of the characters in Gen 5. Minus the scientist thing of course. They all were so versatile. Although, Bianca and Cheren found their niches. But overall, this was one thing I enjoyed about the Gen 5 characters.
    One of the great things about Colress' character specifically is that not much is really known about him other than his scientist role and his experiences with Team Plasma. It leaves a lot of room for players to come up with their own stories about him.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

You think they'll touch up on the Original Dragon in a future game like Arcues in HGSS?

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    You think they'll touch up on the Original Dragon in a future game like Arcues in HGSS?
    It's a pretty big unexpanded plot point, so I hope they at least mention something new about it in a future game.

Does it really need to be expanded on, though?
    Not everything needs to be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    You're right, it doesn't have to be expanded on. I wouldn't really mind either way.

As I've mentioned probably ninety-nine times before, I'm sure many people wouldn't mind coming up with their own theories on the OD if it weren't mentioned in a future game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    You're right, it doesn't have to be expanded on. I wouldn't really mind either way.

As I've mentioned probably ninety-nine times before, I'm sure many people wouldn't mind coming up with their own theories on the OD if it weren't mentioned in a future game at all.
    I would like to see some sort of visual, maybe even something as simple as a cave-painting like in Celestic Town.

I don't want it to be ingame though. Balancing such a powerful Pokemon would be really difficult.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    I would like to see some sort of visual, maybe even something as simple as a cave-painting like in Celestic Town.

I don't want it to be ingame though. Balancing such a powerful Pokemon would be really difficult.
    Yeah, maybe some sort of lore in the game would fit best.

I think I've mentioned this before, but the OD can't be implemented into the game without breaking continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Thing is we know next to nothing about the OD itself. We know it existed(probably), we know it split apart to form Ram, Rom n' Rem and it may or may not be able to re-fuse. We know nothing at all regarding its abilities, any notable actions, moral alignment. I just expect...more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

It would be a treat to see a cave painting like Ignika mentioned. Not every detail has to be shown on the drawing though personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Thing is we know next to nothing about the OD itself. We know it existed(probably), we know it split apart to form Ram, Rom n' Rem and it may or may not be able to re-fuse. We know nothing at all regarding its abilities, any notable actions, moral alignment. I just expect...more.
    Even if any of the ambiguities that you mention aren't explicitly said, I would personally like it a lot if they at least implied some of them. That way, there would be at least some foundation to base guesses on, and baseless speculation, such as "the OD is black, green, pink, and purple because I said so" would be avoided. (:

I wish Looker was in BW2.

I think Colress is probably the best villain so far in Pokemon game. He is a scientist so devoted to work that will do anything ANYTHING, to achieve his work, yes he might even kill you. That is probably the most sinister and developed villain yet, though i think we should see more of him.

Does Anyone, besides me, think that Colress should return for another game?
    Definitely. Imagine if he we're champion!

I always imagine your PC becoming good friends with Colress and being shocked by his association with Neo Team Plasma.

Colress, was, IMO, never YOUR enemy. Nor was he Team Plasma's enemy... He was sorta neutral.

Because Ghetsis had money for a genius scientist to experiment with, while Colress didn't.

And can you imagine Colress at Plasma Grunt status? Even if he was, he would advance really quickly because he's brilliant.

And Colress was obviously smarter than Ghetsis, right? So whether Ghetsis ALLOWED Colress to toy with theories and what not at the expense of Colress will build utilities/ be a Plasma Boss or Colress manipulating Ghetsis to think that anything Colress does BENEFITS Team Plasma... Colress was excepting Boss Status out of personal gain, not out of belief in Ghetsis, who Colress pretty much had wrapped around his finger....

Because after Colress lost, he excepted defeat, and KEPT the Frigate, while Ghetsis vanished...

So Colress overall is more an anti-hero than an antagonist, right...?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by spambot View Post
    So Colress overall is more an anti-hero than an antagonist, right...?

Thoughts?
    Yeah, I think so too. While Ghetsis used Colress to further his goals, Colress used Ghetsis to further his research with good equipment and funding.

Do people think this game is worth getting, considering i have white. Also do your own pokemon still blurk slightly in battles as if they do this would be a major put off for me. Thanks
    Copaman13
    Heart Gold friend code: 4512 9388 5367
    Time zone: I'm in england so GMT

Quote Originally Posted by copaman13 View Post
    Do people think this game is worth getting, considering i have white. Also do your own pokemon still blurk slightly in battles as if they do this would be a major put off for me. Thanks
    It's more of a sequel so perhaps worth more in getting than previous third titles, but what do you mean by "blurk?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

I wish there was Hilbert/Hilda as a support character/rival in Black 2/White 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Megahound View Post
    I wish there was Hilbert/Hilda as a support character/rival in Black 2/White 2.
    Nah, silent protagonists don't really fit other roles very well. What they should've done was let you battle them like you could Red, with their team being generated from Memory Link based on your name, gender, starter, and version (I'm guessing their team would be the starter you chose in BW1, the monkey that goes along with it, the Dragon you caught at the end of the game, and a couple of other random ones).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

^ So true! They got your trophies & contest items through memory link. There really wasn't any harm if they could allow you to create the team of just one simple in-game character. They could've taken the team recorded in the Hall of Fame.

Page 400 of 400 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400