Page 51 of 400 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

^Indeed. Sturdy was also an annoying attribute of Sawk. But aside from the E4 challenge itself. I want to see N's castle again in the E4, only this time, the gameplay is a lot more difficult and expanse in the castle. Something like a challenge against all of the sages along side with a Gym Leader. And I also hope you can get a rare egg in the game like you would in the original, which happened to be a Larvesta. If this were to happen again, I'd like to see Victini in the egg.

But hey, before any arguement, there's still Genesect that still needs to be retrieved.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

I wanted to touch up on something we haven't speculated on yet, but in 3rd versions we usually get remodeled Gyms (For some), and a remodel of every Elite Member's room.

I actually really like the Gyms especially the Elite Rooms,..

What sort of changes can we expect : )

Quote Originally Posted by PokeManiac28 View Post
    They wouldn't have called them "2" if they aren't going to be sequels.
    Yes they would.

This is not a third game like Crystal, Emerald, Platinum.
    No one knows that.

Why can't people just assume it's a sequel and stop calling them a third game until proven otherwise?
    And why can't people just assume it's not really any different than what we're used to? Stop calling them a sequel until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcario97 View Post
    Scrafty was easy to OHKO in my view. I just want Conkeldurr (Hammer Arm) and Sawk (Close Combat) to simmer down a bit in the challenge. I've always had some sort of problem with those two pokemon in the E4.
    He meant that it was easy to sweep the Elite Four with a Scrafty, not that the Elite Four were challenging.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yes they would.

No one knows that.

And why can't people just assume it's not really any different than what we're used to? Stop calling them a sequel until proven otherwise.
    In their 15+ years of making these games they're suddenly gonna throw a 2 into the title if they plan on making the same game? I will continue calling it a sequel, until proven otherwise, because that is exactly what the title suggests. I don't know why I should assume it's the same that we're used to when they've never released two versions of the game, let alone with a 2 in the title. It's not what we're used to AT ALL.
    Last edited by Exploits; 5th March 2012 at 12:10 AM.

I don't know why I should assume it's the same that we're used to when they've never released two versions of the game, let alone with a 2 in the title.
    Exactly. Why should others assume it's different when they've never done anything differently. It's a two way street.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Exactly. Why should others assume it's different when they've never done anything differently. It's a two way street.
    Because they're obviously not following the same pattern here. The idea should be that it's gonna be different this time. But you're right, I shouldn't tell others what to assume or believe.

Look, the fact of the matter is that we just don't know what it's going to be like yet. You can argue both sides of it, but until we get more evidence than just a name and some new forms, it's pointless. We just don't know what's in store yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

To ask something about the Elite 4 and N's Castle. Theres a big frickin castle in the Elite 4 building. Unless this game takes some 10 years after the events of the first game or is a third version I think N's Castle might be Alders new remodeled room.

EDIT: Yes I realize Alder doesn't go in N's castle in your second run of the Elite 4 I'm making a speculation.
    3DS Friend Code: 3780-9421-5420

Quote Originally Posted by VIA View Post
    To ask something about the Elite 4 and N's Castle. Theres a big frickin castle in the Elite 4 building. Unless this game takes some 10 years after the events of the first game or is a third version I think N's Castle might be Alders new remodeled room.

EDIT: Yes I realize Alder doesn't go in N's castle in your second run of the Elite 4 I'm making a speculation.
    If it is a sequel it would be interesting to see if they mention it at all. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they completely ignored it, besides mentioning it in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    I never said it was confirmed... This is a speculation thread, the confirmed information thread is next door. I'm just presenting my reasoning for believing that these games will be sequels, and why I think there is little chance of them being otherwise.
    Speculate all you want. I never said not to. I simply said not to treat the sequel idea as fact until proven so. Otherwise you're not speculating, but instead trying to pass unconfirmed info as truth.

They wouldn't have called them "2" if they aren't going to be sequels. This is not a third game like Crystal, Emerald, Platinum. Why can't people just assume it's a sequel and stop calling them a third game until proven otherwise?
    They called Gold and Silver "Pokemon 2" initially, and yet not only did it not take place in Kanto (primarily) but it wasn't even a direct sequel. It was a new generation of games. So to say that the "2" absolutely must mean a sequel is flawed thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I don't see any evidence pointing to this being just a third version aside from simply releasing after Black and White. If it were just Grey to keep White Forest and Black City they could have easily come up with two different names instead of calling them Black 2 and White 2. Also, if they were just Grey and not sequels why is White Kyurem in White when you capture Zekrom who is black?
    Let me break this down:

1) Calling them Grey defeats the purpose behind BW. Keeping the games separate was the only way to keep the theme of the game intact.

2) They most likely felt that no other names were good enough (although I really liked Crimson).

3) They most likely wanted to keep the theme of the forms intact. Catching WhiteRem in Black probably didn't make any sense to them.

In their 15+ years of making these games they're suddenly gonna throw a 2 into the title if they plan on making the same game? I will continue calling it a sequel, until proven otherwise, because that is exactly what the title suggests. I don't know why I should assume it's the same that we're used to when they've never released two versions of the game, let alone with a 2 in the title. It's not what we're used to AT ALL.
    Like I said before, second gen had a 2 in the titles initially, yet they ended up being different games. The "2" doesn't mean anything until GF says it means something.

And we are not saying that you should assume that they are third versions, we are saying that you should assume nothing. Treat both as nothing but speculation, not fact, until we have concrete proof.

Because they're obviously not following the same pattern here. The idea should be that it's gonna be different this time. But you're right, I shouldn't tell others what to assume or believe.
    And neither are we. We are just asking that neither theory be treated as fact until we have proof.

Is it really so hard to say "Assuming that" or "If they are" instead of "Since they are" or "They are _______ for a fact"?

@ pkmner: I had forgotten about our predictions for BW. Now that I think about it, most of my predictions for BW came true (I even predicted fighting legendaries).
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

On the subject of N's Castle, I'd like to see it remodeled into a proper base for Team Plasma than just one long path to the top with a bunch of rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    3) They most likely wanted to keep the theme of the forms intact. Catching WhiteRem in Black probably didn't make any sense to them.
    Catching Reshiram in Black doesn't make much sense either.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 5th March 2012 at 1:48 AM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

DBK, you're really picky about how people word their posts. Obviously, nobody knows anything about these games yet; whether we indicate it clearly within each post or simply rely on the context of the conversation, all of us are just presenting our observations and making assumptions. That's what this thread is for: to discuss what we think and why we think it. No need to lecture everyone.

If it is a sequel it would be interesting to see if they mention it at all. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they completely ignored it, besides mentioning it in the past.
    Yeah, I have a feeling the castle was just a way to surprise attack everyone who expected they'd be battling the Champion, as per the prior forumula of the series. If these games are sequels, I have a feeling the next Plasma base will be stationary somewhere, in a newly introduced area of Unova or in a subregion similar to Sevii.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    Catching Reshiram in Black doesn't make much sense either.
    Yes it does because it follows the themes of BW. Same way the new forms follow the themes of BW2.

DBK, you're really picky about how people word their posts. Obviously, nobody knows anything about these games yet; whether we indicate it clearly within each post or simply rely on the context of the conversation, all of us are just presenting our observations and making assumptions. That's what this thread is for: to discuss what we think and why we think it. No need to lecture everyone.
    Claiming it as fact is very different than making assumptions (which many are doing, hence the need for the lecture).

Make assumptions and observations all you want, that's what these threads are for. Just don't start claiming them as fact when they clearly aren't.

I'm all for debate and discussion. There are just certain things that do not belong in them (especially at this point in time).

If you add me P/VM me.

Yes it does because it follows the themes of BW. Same way the new forms follow the themes of BW2.
    Makes no sense. What "themes" are they following that causes them to flip flop legendaries?

Makes no sense. What "themes" are they following that causes them to flip flop legendaries?
    BW's themes were yin and yang, so it made sense to catch Rom in White and Ram in Black, cause it follows that theme. BW2's themes are the forms, so it makes sense to catch RemRam in W2 and RemRom in B2. It's really not that hard to understand.

If you add me P/VM me.

BW's themes were yin and yang, so it made sense to catch Rom in White and Ram in Black, cause it follows that theme. BW2's themes are the forms, so it makes sense to catch RemRam in W2 and RemRom in B2. It's really not that hard to understand.
    No, it really makes no sense. The only way I can see them justifying that is if B2 allows you to get Zekrom and W2 allows you to get Reshiram.

It may have been said before, but I'll toss in my two cents for speculation. Perhaps this could be an (optional) expansion? For example a player could use the download function of the DS to download the player information (basically a fancy copy/paste or even cut/paste) off of the Black or White version and then B2/W2 would pick up the story where BW left off. It could also have the New Game option if the player is just buying B2/W2 without having BW first.

No, it really makes no sense. The only way I can see them justifying that is if B2 allows you to get Zekrom and W2 allows you to get Reshiram.
    No, it just doesn't make any sense to YOU. Big difference.

And since the underlying theme is still yin and yang, I don't see that happening. We still don't know if we need them at all to get the forms (they could just as easily stay in their stone forms and it's the stones that we need).

It may have been said before, but I'll toss in my two cents for speculation. Perhaps this could be an (optional) expansion? For example a player could use the download function of the DS to download the player information (basically a fancy copy/paste or even cut/paste) off of the Black or White version and then B2/W2 would pick up the story where BW left off. It could also have the New Game option if the player is just buying B2/W2 without having BW first.
    Problem is there is no coding for that in BW, so we know that isn't a possiblity.

If you add me P/VM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon of RHS View Post
    There's no way to transfer save data from Black and White.

Claiming it as fact is very different than making assumptions (which many are doing, hence the need for the lecture).

Make assumptions and observations all you want, that's what these threads are for. Just don't start claiming them as fact when they clearly aren't.

I'm all for debate and discussion. There are just certain things that do not belong in them (especially at this point in time).
    I understand that, but I've noticed that several times you're lecturing for such when such isn't necessarily the case. Just because we don't clearly indicate within each post what is our assumption doesn't mean we're saying it's a fact. For example, if one person says "if these games are sequels", responses oftentimes won't contain "if these games are sequels" simply because of the context of the conversation; not because they're claiming that the games are confirmed to be sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon of RHS View Post
    Are you saying Pokemon should transfer over as well? If so, Game Freak would never allow that; I would transfer over my team of level 100 legendaries and beat the game in five minutes.

Soooo any info from Pokemon smash?
    Name: Josh
    FC: 0647 5361 8062

In my opinion, if they do end up doing a transfer, it would be because the game is taking place immediately after you beat Ghetis, and they transfer over your first HoF data, with that being your current team to start the game with, but a transfer probably isn't happening.

I'm going to guess it's going to be brand new protagonist with 2 new rivals (idk who they would be yet...), starting there own journey a couple years after the events of B/W. Normal game crap with some updates to show the time change (maybe a GL change or two, I can easily see Cheren as the 8th GL and Iris/Draden as an E4 member, Rt. 4 being finished, ect.). IDK plot yet though, I've been thinking more character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Soooo any info from Pokemon smash?
    Ya, the names of the Kyurem forms and the "revealing" of Melotta...so really no info. CoroCoro will give us something within the week.

I understand that, but I've noticed that several times you're lecturing for such when such isn't necessarily the case. Just because we don't clearly indicate within each post what is our assumption doesn't mean we're saying it's a fact. For example, if one person says "if these games are sequels", responses oftentimes won't contain "if these games are sequels" simply because of the context of the conversation; not because they're claiming that the games are confirmed to be sequels.
    I was referring to the posts in which people were actually stating it as fact. Things like "Since this is a sequel", "Since we know that these are sequels", or "Since these are, in fact, sequels" have no place in this thread. You don't have to say "if these games are sequels" or "assuming these games are sequels", since your line of thought will insinuate as much (hopefully). But there are those who are treating it as fact, and it's to them that the lectures are aimed (even though everyone should really take note).

If you add me P/VM me.

Quote Originally Posted by leaderpeine View Post
    In my opinion, if they do end up doing a transfer, it would be because the game is taking place immediately after you beat Ghetis, and they transfer over your first HoF data, with that being your current team to start the game with, but a transfer probably isn't happening.

I'm going to guess it's going to be brand new protagonist with 2 new rivals (idk who they would be yet...), starting there own journey a couple years after the events of B/W. Normal game crap with some updates to show the time change (maybe a GL change or two, I can easily see Cheren as the 8th GL and Iris/Draden as an E4 member, Rt. 4 being finished, ect.). IDK plot yet though, I've been thinking more character development.
    It is safe to say that there will be no need to transfer data. If your Black 2/ White 2 adventure is dependent upon your status at the end of Black & White then it alienates potential consumers who never bought Black/ White in the first place. There's a large player base that waits for the third (or in our case, two third) instalments, so to hamper their experience would be foolish.

Page 51 of 400 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast