Page 53 of 400 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    In the future.
    I wish you could like posts here, like on Facebook.
    Find me on showdown- Frankie

Well I have high hopes for b/w2.
    The original stoyline was amazing although I very much disliked the champion..
    Every Pokemon game has had a Champion who was amazingly awesome looking or borderline sexy, this was the first time I wanted to beat the Champion not to just win the Elite 4 but to just end the battle .
    I also really like the new forms I have seen but had hopes of perhaps a newer form that was a combo of all three dragons into one.
    I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post
    Well, if this is a sequel I wonder how will the story of the game begin like. If it is a continuation will our team from B1W1 be made available somehow.

And if this game has different characters which town other than Nuvema will be more fit to start the journey? Seeing as Nuvema only has 3 houses and if the new character start from the same house that would mean that B1W1 never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Hasn't this sequel argument gone on for long enough? Can't we just wait till we get some more information to see who is right and let this argument end?

Ok, I was thinking about the Post E4 adventure. In BW there wasn't much of a plot to the aftergame like there was in Gen 4, do you think this will be remedied in B2W2and if so what do you want the story to involve? I'm hoping the sages get a more involved role in the post game (if they dont get a more involved role in the main story).
    This is a radical compilation of my storyline-related theories, and what I would do if I was in charge of the games' design:

You would start out in a newly introduced area of Unova (or possibly a Sevii-esque subregion) and traverse the region in a different order than you do in BW1. Instead of fighting the gyms, there would be eight "bosses": the six sages, the Shadow Triad, and Anthea+Concordia. I think this may happen in BW2 because (1) they are hardly given a role in BW1, and (2) there is parallelism between the gyms and Team Plasma:
    ~The Striaton Trio --> The Shadow Triad
    ~ Iris (B1) and Drayden (W1) --> Anthea (B2?) and Concordia (W2?)
    ~The other 6 individual leaders --> The six Team Plasma sages who aren't Ghetsis

I'm guessing Ghetsis will be the second from the last battle before the credits. I guess this because making Ghetsis the final battle would be too predictable and almost anticlimactic. That doesn't mean I think N would be the final battle before the credits; N will be on your side this time around.

After the credits, we will have access to the gyms as a post-game challenge (like gym rematches from Emerald and I think Platinum if I'm not mistaken, except we'll be taking on the gyms for the first time). Then we will take the Elite Four challenge, where Cheren will be the Champion. I think Cheren will be Champion because of his dream to be so in BW1, and how similar Cheren and Alder are (they both pursued strength, and both had to learn a lesson in order to achieve it).

After that, there will be two newly accessible dungeons to explore, each containing a Red-esque boss at the end: the player character from BW1 in one dungeon, and N in the other. The player character will correspond with your gender, and he/she will have Reshiram on Black 2, and Zekrom on White 2. N will have the opposite dragon of the BW1 player character's.

That's how I would do a sequel, unless of course N's dragon gets absorbed by Kyurem in the storyline--in which case there would only be one dungeon at the end, with the player character from BW1 as the Red-esque boss. I wouldn't make N equivalent to the BW1 character unless he still had the dragon. Not to say you wouldn't still be able to battle him at some point though.
    Last edited by TWN; 5th March 2012 at 9:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apep View Post
    Well I have high hopes for b/w2.
    The original stoyline was amazing although I very much disliked the champion..
    Every Pokemon game has had a Champion who was amazingly awesome looking or borderline sexy, this was the first time I wanted to beat the Champion not to just win the Elite 4 but to just end the battle .
    I also really like the new forms I have seen but had hopes of perhaps a newer form that was a combo of all three dragons into one.
    Man, I don't understand why everyone hates Alder. He was the first Champion that had real character, beyond "Hi I'm the strongest trainer. SHOW ME WATCHU GOT!!!!"

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

What if you played as N this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by fasola91 View Post
    What if you played as N this time around?
    The main character is always a nameless, speechless hero. That way the player can project themselves onto that character. We can't have one that already has their own name and personality.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Man, I don't understand why everyone hates Alder. He was the first Champion that had real character, beyond "Hi I'm the strongest trainer. SHOW ME WATCHU GOT!!!!"
    I support this statement. He actually had some significance, he influenced the plot, had a backstory and a personality.

Cynthia on the other hand ... well, we all know that she wasn't nearly as important. <.<

Cynthia did the same thing as Lance and Steven. Showed up every now and then, maybe helped you out, but they didn't have any personality. Alder has personality, it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason-Kun View Post
    Wait, why does everyone want Anthea and Corcordia to play a large role? The two said themselves that their only jobs were to give N emotional support.
    Because if they aren't given a larger role, then they're almost pointless as characters. I doubt Game Freak designed them solely to heal your Pokemon before battling N...
    Last edited by TWN; 5th March 2012 at 9:22 PM.

And I don't know. I'd say that all the champions as of R/S/E have personality.
    They barely show up or say anything. All we know about Steven is that he collects rocks, Cynthia... does something.

His team sucks? I dunno.

Cynthia did the same thing as Lance and Steven. Showed up every now and then, maybe helped you out, but they didn't have any personality. Alder has personality, it's good.
    blue was the best champion ever

Wait, why does everyone want Anthea and Corcordia to play a large role? The two said themselves that their only jobs were to give N emotional support.
    Because we don't know much about them or why they're there or why they're referred to as goddesses or why nobody else acknowleges their existence.

They barely show up or say anything. All we know about Steven is that he collects rocks, Cynthia... does something.
    Cynthia researches myths and legends and dislikes Team Galactic's mindless dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    His team sucks? I dunno.
    Totally understand the hate for his team, but not for Alder.

blue was the best champion ever
    Wont disagree with you there, either. Since he showed up multiple times throughout your journey, always with something to say. We got to know him really well, and he changed a bit too, like Silver.

I think pkmn Trainer Blue may be in this game. His battle music was remade for black and white, it's just an unused track. Maybe they were planning for him to be in BW2...?
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    I think pkmn Trainer Blue may be in this game. His battle music was remade for black and white, it's just an unused track. Maybe they were planning for him to be in BW2...?
    I believe his track plays during VGC battles or something like that.

What if at the end N battles Ghetsis and he has Genosect and defeats N, then you battle Ghetsis to end the game.

I don't know y there are all the hate for Alder, I mean he is first champ to do actually something against villianious team. sure he lost but he has points for trying. Blue did nothing for team rocket. Lance helped little bit but was nowhere in final show-down in radio tower, Steven/Wallice did nothing apart from giving few hints. Cyhthia just watched while you fight Cryus. Alder actuall had one on one battle with their leader.

Sir Agislash is here! Reporting for duty!

Quote Originally Posted by Morty05 View Post
    Alder actuall had one on one battle with their leader.
    ...Which he lost.

The games never have anyone provide any real help against the evil Teams. The point of the game is that you're supposed to do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    Black+ Version and White+ Version. That would be much more accurate if these were rehashes.
    I could say something Like "Why would they put a non alphabetic or numeric character in a game's title", but You'd probably just respond with "Why couldn't they" or something that. and we wouldn't really get anywhere with the argument. The point I was trying to make was that B2W2 don't have to be sequels, and frankly, nobody knows either way. Although, for the record, I'd be perfectly happy if they were sequels.

All I really see is new plot points with Plasma and Kyurem, a battle frontier, and maybe will be able to catch both zekrom and reshiram this time.

^Thanks to Kyogre Master.^

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEpicRock View Post
    I could say something Like "Why would they put a non alphabetic or numeric character in a game's title", but You'd probably just respond with "Why couldn't they" or something that. and we wouldn't really get anywhere with the argument. The point I was trying to make was that B2W2 don't have to be sequels, and frankly, nobody knows either way. Although, for the record, I'd be perfectly happy if they were sequels.
    Which was the point I was trying to make as well (unfortunately the argument went completely off topic). I, too, would be happy if they were sequels, but I am not going to treat it as fact until we get some sort of confirmation.
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    Which was the point I was trying to make as well (unfortunately the argument went completely off topic). I, too, would be happy if they were sequels, but I am not going to treat it as fact until we get some sort of confirmation.
    That confirmation can't get here soon enough. These forums are growing stale... Unless...

Say these are third versions. Do you think that Giant Chasm, Abyssal Ruins, and Black City/White Forest will be important enough to go to before the E4?

And say these are sequels. Do you think these places will play an important role at all?
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEpicRock View Post
    Actually, Black+ and White+, though extremely accurate for slightly-enhanced rehashes, would be terrible names for marketing purposes (though still smarter than Black 2 and White 2, in my opinion). If they were going to make two more versions of Black and White, they should be named and colored differently from Black and White in the way Black and White are named and colored differently from each other, in order to indicate parallelism with BW1. That way it would at least make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty05 View Post
    I don't know y there are all the hate for Alder, I mean he is first champ to do actually something against villianious team. sure he lost but he has points for trying. Blue did nothing for team rocket. Lance helped little bit but was nowhere in final show-down in radio tower, Steven/Wallice did nothing apart from giving few hints. Cyhthia just watched while you fight Cryus. Alder actuall had one on one battle with their leader.
    Well I don't hate Alder; I just don't think he's all-that interesting. I don't understand why so many people treat him like he's the second coming of Christ because in my honest opinion, he's just like every other Champion. He may have been a little more involved than some of the others, but at the end of the day, he's still the guy you have to beat if you want to be registered in the [real] Hall of Fame. I might warm up to him if he gets some exposition in these new games, though. I'm especially interested in learning the identity of his deceased Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by fasola91 View Post
    What if at the end N battles Ghetsis and he has Genosect and defeats N, then you battle Ghetsis to end the game.
    They usually like to hide event Pokemon from the game (with the exception of Manaphy, who you needed to see in Platinum to get the National Dex). If Ghetsis does end up with Genesect, they won't show it. It'd be awesome if you fought Ghetsis in an event and he had the Genesect, kind of like Giovanni in HGSS. I highly doubt you will, though
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

There obviously going to be a new trainer sprites cause they we already have all 8 unova gym badges

Page 53 of 400 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast