Page 82 of 400 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Jason-Kun View Post
    Nobody knows for sure what they would or would not do. There are some things they may or may not be likely to do and this generation has already proven they are willing to break the formula in some ways since instead of third versions we are getting sequels.
    GF are the guys who said they will never give up 2d sprite battle fasion dispite the fact that 3d battle is possible with 3ds. Since they are stickting to tradition, why would they throw away Gym system if they are not going to replace 2d battle system?

Sir Agislash is here! Reporting for duty!

Nobody knows for sure what they would or would not do. There are some things they may or may not be likely to do and this generation has already proven they are willing to break the formula in some ways since instead of third versions we are getting sequels.
    They never touched the core formula. They simply altered the release pattern (even though they are sequels, they are still basically the third game - just presented in a way that preserves the theme of the first two). Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty05 View Post
    GF are the guys who said they will never give up 2d sprite battle fasion dispite the fact that 3d battle is possible with 3ds. Since they are stickting to tradition, why would they throw away Gym system if they are not going to replace 2d battle system?
    They said that the sprites will stay for the foreseeable future, but that 3D wasn't entirely out of the question. They would just have to do it in a way that would preserve the essence of the sprites while flawlessly fitting in to the overall game design. Not an easy feat. The real issue is that they will never touch the gym system. That is what makes a pokemon game a pokemon game.
    Last edited by DBK; 16th March 2012 at 7:30 AM.
    MY FIRST EVER RANDOM SHINY!: (4/15/2011)

If you add me P/VM me.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

If they are willing to release sequels instead of the standard third version then it is entirely possible that they would change the formula as well if they wanted to stick with the old characters.
    Oh for the love of.....

No it's not. Changing the release pattern is entirely different from changing the core formula. One does not, and never will, affect the other. And they already said that they will never change the core formula, just alter how it is presented. You need to accept that or walk away.

If you add me P/VM me.

you are not replying to me! They may alter the familer but they will not touch the core part of their game. Like I said they said they will not chage game style to 3d so why would they remove gym system?

If they are willing to release sequels instead of the standard third version then it is entirely possible that they would change the formula as well if they wanted to stick with the old characters.
    Dude please just drop it. It is pretty obvious that it won't happen(Not 100%but pretty dang close).

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I agree with Jason that the gyms are a disposable part of the main storyline, but on two conditions:
    1.) There is a parallel system to it.
    2.) Gyms are still a post-game challenge.

I could see Game Freak giving us eight bosses to fight instead of gym leaders since we already fought the gyms in BW1. It would make for a more interesting storyline, and it would barely be tampering with the formula as you all are suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty05 View Post
    you are not replying to me! They may alter the familer but they will not touch the core part of their game. Like I said they said they will not chage game style to 3d so why would they remove gym system?
    they didn't say that exactly...
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    I agree with Jason that the gyms are a disposable part of the main storyline, but on two conditions:
    1.) There is a parallel system to it.
    2.) Gyms are still a post-game challenge.

I could see Game Freak giving us eight bosses to fight instead of gym leaders since we already fought the gyms in BW1. It would make for a more interesting storyline.
    You may agree with him, but GF disagrees with both of you. Gyms aren't going anywhere. The challenges, aesthetics, and trainers will change from gen to gen, but the gyms will always be there.

When did they say they would never change the formula? And if that is true I suppose that makes new characters more likely. If they are willing to change the formula however then my point still stands.
    They usually make it a point to reiterate that whenever a new gen is announced (since they are always asked).

Since they aren't, it doesn't.
    Last edited by DBK; 16th March 2012 at 7:41 AM.

If you add me P/VM me.

Even TWN says that there has to be "gym" system in pokemon game. just dropp it. there are plenty of evidence that GF will follow core familer of pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    You may agree with him, but GF disagrees with both of you. Gyms aren't going anywhere. The challenges, aesthetics, and trainers will change from gen to gen, but the gyms will always be there.
    Why do you think that?

And I didn't necessarily say the gyms were leaving, I just said they should be moved to the post-game, since they really have little to do with the story anyway. Plus, we already fought the Unova gyms during the BW1 storyline; why repeat them in the sequel?

All this arguing has misplaced my question

Would anyone love for the P2 lab to get a redo and be much larger like either RBY Power Plant size or Galactic Eterna base sized and be loaded with Plasma grunts and a possible new admin or one of the girls from N's castle as a boss.

When did they say they would never change the formula? And if that is true I suppose that makes new characters more likely. If they are willing to change the formula however then my point still stands.
    READ MY FRAGGING POST. THEY SAID IN MAGAZINE THAT THEY WILL NEVER GET RID OF 2D BATTLE STYLE. What makes you think they will get rid of key aspect of pokemon if they will not even change battle style to 3d.

Why do you think that?

And I didn't necessarily say the gyms were leaving, I just said they should be moved to the post-game, since they really have little to do with the story anyway. Plus, we already fought the Unova gyms during the BW1 storyline; why repeat them in the sequel?
    Because the gym system is part of the core formula. It's what makes the pokemon games pokemon games. They will always be a part of the main stories.

Why? Because we will be different characters and the gyms will be revamped, so it won't be the same.

Right. Well in that case I suppose new characters are the only option unless they choose to set it outside of Unova which does not seem likely. And I was really hoping for old characters. Pity.
    They'll most likely make an appearance.
    Last edited by DBK; 16th March 2012 at 7:47 AM.

If you add me P/VM me.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    All this arguing has misplaced my question

Would anyone love for the P2 lab to get a redo and be much larger like either RBY Power Plant size or Galactic Eterna base sized and be loaded with Plasma grunts and a possible new admin or one of the girls from N's castle as a boss.
    oh yeah, that'd be cool. And possibly give it an expanded event with Genosect. I wouldn't mind more backstory for the machination

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    oh yeah, that'd be cool. And possibly give it an expanded event with Genosect. I wouldn't mind more backstory for the machination
    I could see it being like a possible place to locate Ghetsis, and later on around the Genesect event time when you take Genesect there would be a mystery room(P2 Lab from BW)

I could see it being like a possible place to locate Ghetsis, and later on around the Genesect event time when you take Genesect there would be a mystery room(P2 Lab from BW)
    I would like if he made a reflected speech to you about his regret and revealed info on N's true heritage :3

As fair as that is it would not be the same.
    *shrugs* It is what it is.

If you add me P/VM me.

Because the gym system is part of the core formula. It's what makes the pokemon games pokemon games. They will always be a part of the main stories.
    Generation 1: Paired versions, Third Version
    Generation 2: Paired versions, Third Version
    Generation 3: Paired versions, Third Version
    Generation 4: Paired versions, Third Version
    Generation 5: Paired versions, paired sequels

Achievement Unlocked: Formula Broken

We've never had mid-gen sequels before, so there's no established formula for how they will progress. I would think GF wouldn't have us do the gyms again because they were the bosses in BW1.

Why? Because we will be different characters and the gyms will be revamped, so it won't be the same.
    First of all, I'm operating under the assumption we'll be using new characters.

Regardless of what they inside of the gym looks like, if we fight the same bosses, its aesthetically the same as what we did in BW1.
    Last edited by TWN; 16th March 2012 at 7:58 AM.

Generation 1: Paired versions, Third Version, Special Edition
    Generation 3: Paired versions, Third Version, Remakes
    Generation 4: Paired versions, Third Version, Remakes

We've never had mid-gen sequels before, so there's no established formula for how they will progress. I would think GF wouldn't have us do the gyms again because they were the bosses in BW1.

Regardless of what they inside of the gym looks like, if we fight the same bosses, its aesthetically the same as what we did in BW1.
    Formula has been broken since gen 2(Japan only)

Formula has been broken since gen 2(Japan only)
    No it hasn't. We've had two paired versions and a third version every generation through gen 4. That's a formula.

Generation 1: Paired versions, Third Version
    Generation 3: Paired versions, Third Version
    Generation 4: Paired versions, Third Version

*facepalm*

The release pattern is not the same as the core formula. Take away the gyms, and it's no longer a pokemon game. They will not do that.

Which is the same as what we did in HGSS and DPPt and RSE and FRLG and GSC and RBY. Your point? Each one was different enough to be just as enjoyable as the last. And the games prospered because of that. Bottom line, core formula (including gym system) will not ever be touched.

And whose to say that they won't change up the leaders?

If you add me P/VM me.

No it hasn't. We've had two paired versions and a third version every generation through gen 4. That's a formula.
    Look at your post I quoted. Gen 1 had two, third and Special Edition(In Japan) Gen 2 had like you said 2 and a third. Gen 3 had 2 a third and remake. Four had 2 then third then Remakes. Like I said "Been broken since Gen 2"

That is different though as each game involved different characters. Though personally I would love it if they ever made alternate methods of progression (i.e doing contest, musicals, or the pokeatholon instead of just being restricted to gyms). That is another topic for another thread though.
    But the gym systems were the same (with only the aesthetics, challenges and trainers being changed) and were still enjoyable and fresh each time, which was my point. They may change how it is presented to make it more interesting, but they will never change the system itself.

If you add me P/VM me.

*facepalm*

The release pattern is not the same as the core formula. Take away the gyms, and it's no longer a pokemon game. They will not do that.
    Why do gyms = Pokemon game? Maybe gyms = first storyline of a generation. Maybe gyms = Pokemon games up through Black and White.

Oh, just because it's always been that way? Silly me, I figured Game Freak might like the idea of evolving their gameplay. After all, using evil bosses would help Game Freak to better embrace a storyline without deviating from the 8-boss format.

Regardless, I'm not saying take away gyms. I'm saying put them into the post-game. Therefore, gyms are still present. Just not before the storyline because that would make BW2's storyline just like BW1's. It's a sequel.

Which is the same as what we did in HGSS and DPPt and RSE and FRLG and GSC and RBY. Your point? Each one was different enough to be just as enjoyable as the last. And the games prospered because of that. Bottom line, core formula (including gym system) will not ever be touched.

And whose to say that they won't change up the leaders?
    DPPt and RSE and GSC and RBY all introduced new gyms. HGSS and FRLG retreaded old gyms because they are remakes.

My point is, every time they introduced a new storyline, there was a new set of bosses with it. You're suggesting that in BW2 (which is also a brand new storyline) that we should battle the same bosses we battled in its PREQUEL. I don't see that happening.

All of the leaders? How would they justify that? I highly doubt all the gym leaders will suddenly be replaced...

Look at your post I quoted. Gen 1 had two, third and Special Edition(In Japan) Gen 2 had like you said 2 and a third. Gen 3 had 2 a third and remake. Four had 2 then third then Remakes. Like I said "Been broken since Gen 2"
    The remakes and special edition aren't even part of the formula I'm talking about. I'm talking about the consistency of two paired versions and a third version in each generation; I'm not talking about remakes at all. What point are you even trying to make?
    Last edited by TWN; 16th March 2012 at 8:19 AM.

That is different though as each game involved different characters. Though personally I would love it if they ever made alternate methods of progression (i.e doing contest, musicals, or the pokeatholon instead of just being restricted to gyms). That is another topic for another thread though.
    from what we've seen, there wouldn't be much to progress through in any of those categories. Maybe if contests were in separate towns again, but even then, there'd only be 4. 5 if they made a Grand Festival-style thing

Page 82 of 400 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast