Page 93 of 400 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 10000

Thread: Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well that wasn't a sequel, that was the same game remade. So naturally his Machop was still at work. Unless Game Freak had nothing planned for that road then I think we'll get to find out what it's for.
    Well then a better example would be G/S/C/HG/SS. The machop was still stomping years later. But yea, it would be cool to see, but not sure it'll happen.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I find it gigglesome that Masuda won't tweet to give us a blind bit of information about what IS in the games, but he'll tweet to tell us in a vague way what isn't there. You trolling us, Junichi-sama?
    That guy isn't Masuda.

Can we really be getting any new Gyms or replacements? I mean, I can't really imagine any of the current Gym Leaders getting replaced as they are all quite popular this time around...

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    Can we really be getting any new Gyms or replacements? I mean, I can't really imagine any of the current Gym Leaders getting replaced as they are all quite popular this time around...
    are they really? I personally don't like many of 5th gens gym leaders...

None of them are really memorable or outstanding except for the normal gym leader, and I think her skin color has at least something to do with it, at least for me.
    PM or VM me for more trade info

I know Hoenn is disconfirmed, but did he explicitly say that we're going back to Unova?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

2 more months to go*

Still no new information on the games... not even a little only the covers that's sad... why they don't release information like they did with BW?

Stop the Hoenn disscussion.. BW2 won't happen in Hoenn for a clear reason... kyurem and the dragon legends belong to unova NOT Hoenn! so BW2 will be in UNOVA!
    Last edited by Ilan; 27th March 2012 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Yes but they have massive roles in the storyline of BW unlike the other gen gym leaders.

Yes but they have massive roles in the storyline of BW unlike the other gen gym leaders.
    No, no they don't. They play almost no role in the storyline at all. They do about as much as the leaders of the past generations: help you out with the evil team and/or let you into the special location in or around their town/city.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Unless Masuda made a twitter for his cat and is in turn speaking through it, that isn't news at all.
    you're right!! My dreams aren't completely dead yet!
    Last edited by Ansem1013; 27th March 2012 at 11:19 PM.

(EDIT: Re-formatted list for better organization/viewing.)

Some ideas and hopes about the cities and locations (since we're on the subject):

• Hometown won't Nuvema Town (Accumula Town?), or Nuvema Town will be remade to accommodate the new player characters and his or her rival(s).
    • Accumula Town will hopefully have SOMETHING INTERESTING IN IT. That place is more useless than the Teachy TV.
    • Striaton will remain largely the same, maybe with a more lavish garden...?
    • Nacrene will be very different, possibly bigger. It's artsy and trendy, so why wouldn't it be different?
    • Castelia will hopefully have a lot more to do in it later on down the road. I loved exploring it (each time it took an hour at least), but after your first exploration of the city, you're left with no reason to return. Also, more usage of boats.
    • The Resort will be built in the Desert on Route 4.
    • Hopefully Nimbasa has more lights and a bigger theme park around the Gym. Otherwise, it's alright as-is. The Battle Subway map currently has a line that stretches down to an island south of Castelia, so I'd like to be able to go there. In fact, being able to use the Battle Subway to reach various locations would be wonderful, but I don't expect it.
    • Driftveil will probably stay the same.
    • Mistralton will hopefully be expanded. That city is very short and useless as-is, and some revamping would be great. I don't know what, though.
    • Icirrus is fine as-is, although it gets boring after a while, and not in winter.
    • Challenger's Cave will hopefully have more significance, and I wouldn't be surprised if Shopping Mall 9 is revamped just for the hell of it (although I kind of like it as is).
    • Opelucid will hopefully look different and have more to it. It'd be cool if there was a building devoted to the culture and history of Dragon-types, and if they took the city's version differences further, that'd also be cool.
    • Black City and White Forest will likely stay the same... although I hope they get some revamps. Or, maybe there'll be something new in its place.
    • Lacunosa could use some touching-up, although I'm not holding my breath for it.
    • Undella Town, same as Lacunosa.
    • Anville Town I can see getting a revamp in some way. I love it as it is now, but there's too much potential for it to grow... I could see that place becoming a site for a Battle Frontier or something.

Overall, I also hope that there will be more overworld version differences. Having Black 2 be futuristic across Unova and White 2 be more historic and undeveloped would be great. Black 2 could have above-ground tunnel walkways where White 2 would have cobblestone paths or something (especially in Opelucid).

Also, I hope there are more seasonal differences!
    Spring: More rainy conditions on random days, in more places. As a result, water could block paths/open new paths (especially in the marshland near Icirrus). It'd also be cool if some areas were prone to "sweet scent" blowing around, thus making wild encounters more frequent.
    Summer: Random days of intense sunlight.
    Autumn: Leaves blowing around, and piles of leaves everywhere, either for aesthetic purposes or for the purposes of making new pathways, or covering up overworld items.
    Winter: Like how it is now, create new snowy paths, add ice to areas, and have random Hailstorms on routes and in cities.

One last note: If any Gym Leaders get changed, I foresee it being that Iris takes over in Opelucid, and Drayden becomes Champion, or a member of the Elite Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    so basically, "going to hoenn makes no sense, there's no mention of Ruby and Sapphire in the title"

nice B)

finally some news!!!
    Unless Masuda made a twitter for his cat and is in turn speaking through it, that isn't news at all.
    Last edited by Grei; 27th March 2012 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Well then a better example would be G/S/C/HG/SS. The machop was still stomping years later. But yea, it would be cool to see, but not sure it'll happen.
    At least route 4 was already started, with structures and a road. Perhaps route 4 will have a cycling road in BW2, since we didn't have one in BW1.

Also, Twist Mountain has most likely changed, due to all the mining.
    Was there anywhere else...
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

There is only 2/3 months left and we have no info storyline wise... I literally cannot wait for the next issue of corocoro, but we shouldn't expect much as they only reveil little bits

There is only 2/3 months left
    Wait, when is this game released in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    At least route 4 was already started, with structures and a road. Perhaps route 4 will have a cycling road in BW2, since we didn't have one in BW1.

Was there anywhere else...
    Where would all the Pokemon from Route 4 go then?

Twist Mountain would probably be more confusing and fun, especially during Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Wait, when is this game released in Japan?
    The game will be released in June. April starts this Sunday. So yeah, we have two months an a few weeks.

Where would all the Pokemon from Route 4 go then?
    If ever a cycling road will be built, I think it will be elevated similar to Sinnoh's.
    But regardless if there will be a cycling road and a finished resort, there can always be patches of sand on this route.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Watch this game be a big April Fool's joke.

If so I'd be so pissed and happy at Japan for playing the ultimate prank. Of course fans would rage but yeah...

But in all seriousness April should be a good month with news

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    If ever a cycling road will be built, I think it will be elevated similar to Sinnoh's.
    But regardless if there will be a cycling road and a finished resort, there can always be patches of sand on this route.
    The route could be expanded more to the right (east), maybe. Seems like construction was going that way as well.

Which reminds me, there wasn't a safari zone either. Also the Game Corner....

Wouldn't that be weird, if the Game Corner and Safari Zone were version specific. GC would be in Black 2, and SZ would be in White 2.
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

The route could be expanded more to the right (east), maybe. Seems like construction was going that way as well.

Wouldn't that be weird, if the Game Corner and Safari Zone were version specific. GC would be in Black 2, and SZ would be in White 2.
    if the safari zone was version specific, everyone would get the one with the safari zone. hands down. i do want to see a safari zone again though.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

that game corner would need to be offering Master Balls for me to pick it over the Safari Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Zishan View Post
    In Anville town, there's a strange train and a man speaks about it, like said Silktree.

"This train car is the kind that ran a long time ago. Compared to contemporary cars, it has more parts, so I heard it was difficult to build. The old cars built with lots of small parts have their own unique beauty and attract a lot of fans. Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region. Ah... I'd love to be on that train! ".

Doesn't this train remind you something ?

Oh wait, the Cable car from Sanfrancisco.

What do Wikipedia say about these Cable Car ? "The best known existing cable car system is the San Francisco cable car system in the city of San Francisco, California. San Francisco's cable cars constitute the oldest and largest such system in permanent operation..."Y

Yes guys, i'm now 100% sure that we'll get Sanfrancisco.
    Sanfrancisco has the famous Golden GAte Bridge loved by a certain Junichi Masuda (photos on his blog...)
    Sanfrancisco-Unova can be like Johto-Kanto...
    Sanfrancisco also has Alcatraz... perfect if we want to see again Plasma Sage...or Looker.
    N may fly here after Black beat him...
    Also around the "Golden Gate Bridge", there's a large ocean so, many dive spots area for a Pokemon Game. This is why Dive is in BW.
    100% sure about this, and please, if we'd get 16 gyms, please a DARK GYM.
    I like the idea, but the 100% sure about this part is ridiculous. Good idea, but i dont think its a definite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Why is there all this fuss about 'Hoenn rumours can stop now'? This guy who tweeted named himself a fan...so unless he's one of GF why should we take this as anything less than one person's opinion that Hoenn wouildn't make sense in these games? We've certainly got eough people saying that right here...
    http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/20...n-in-b2w2.html
    http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/20...b2w2-info.html

Matsumiya is GF's gameplanner, that's why there's a fuss.

Burgh and Lenora should switch places if they want, and I can see Clay being done with Twist Mt and leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I know Hoenn is disconfirmed, but did he explicitly say that we're going back to Unova?
    I was wondering the same thing. Even if its worded like he's sick of hearing it, you could vaguely interpret it as if they do mean for you to go to another region.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    (EDIT: Re-formatted list for better organization/viewing.)

Some ideas and hopes about the cities and locations (since we're on the subject):

• Hometown won't Nuvema Town (Accumula Town?), or Nuvema Town will be remade to accommodate the new player characters and his or her rival(s).
    • Accumula Town will hopefully have SOMETHING INTERESTING IN IT. That place is more useless than the Teachy TV.
    • Striaton will remain largely the same, maybe with a more lavish garden...?
    • Nacrene will be very different, possibly bigger. It's artsy and trendy, so why wouldn't it be different?
    • Castelia will hopefully have a lot more to do in it later on down the road. I loved exploring it (each time it took an hour at least), but after your first exploration of the city, you're left with no reason to return. Also, more usage of boats.
    • The Resort will be built in the Desert on Route 4.
    • Hopefully Nimbasa has more lights and a bigger theme park around the Gym. Otherwise, it's alright as-is. The Battle Subway map currently has a line that stretches down to an island south of Castelia, so I'd like to be able to go there. In fact, being able to use the Battle Subway to reach various locations would be wonderful, but I don't expect it.
    • Driftveil will probably stay the same.
    • Mistralton will hopefully be expanded. That city is very short and useless as-is, and some revamping would be great. I don't know what, though.
    • Icirrus is fine as-is, although it gets boring after a while, and not in winter.
    • Challenger's Cave will hopefully have more significance, and I wouldn't be surprised if Shopping Mall 9 is revamped just for the hell of it (although I kind of like it as is).
    • Opelucid will hopefully look different and have more to it. It'd be cool if there was a building devoted to the culture and history of Dragon-types, and if they took the city's version differences further, that'd also be cool.
    • Black City and White Forest will likely stay the same... although I hope they get some revamps. Or, maybe there'll be something new in its place.
    • Lacunosa could use some touching-up, although I'm not holding my breath for it.
    • Undella Town, same as Lacunosa.
    • Anville Town I can see getting a revamp in some way. I love it as it is now, but there's too much potential for it to grow... I could see that place becoming a site for a Battle Frontier or something.
    -How bout Cheren and Bianca move to accommodate their new positions.
    -The Garden could get some grass patches, perhaps to give us the opposite monkey and a place to get some better Pokemon then what route 2 offers.
    -Nacrene getting bigger would be great, or perhaps Bhurgh gets crazy and gives the warehouses a makeover.
    -The boats were fine. No need to expand on them, unless they take away Plasma's boat and give us something else......
    -The resort being built could also give us a reason to go to the eastern part of the desert, which could also give us some sort of extension to the relic castle.
    -The gym itself should be the entire theme park perhaps with the coaster going all over the city? As for the Battle Subway, that line goes to the Union Tower. However the other lines are a complete mystery, so there's still hope.
    - Driftveil could get some more import items for the market, perhaps as a way to get berries into the game. Hell give us some sort of Canalave reference with the cargo ship. Also, we could find out what's in the blocked off place at the entrance of the cold storage, unleess its nothing special.
    -Mistralton's airport, that's what needs to be used. BW is Pokemon uesless Boats Trains and Planes edition.
    -Shopping Mall Nine could update its facade, maybe give it a slanted look with the two sides as is. Perhaps it could be given a balcony outside to accompany the slant?
    -Lacunosa has to be touched up, as Kyurem is linked to it. I wouldn't be surprised if they did what they did to Opelucid here as well.
    Also, I hope there are more seasonal differences!
    Spring: More rainy conditions on random days, in more places. As a result, water could block paths/open new paths (especially in the marshland near Icirrus). It'd also be cool if some areas were prone to "sweet scent" blowing around, thus making wild encounters more frequent.
    Summer: Random days of intense sunlight.
    Autumn: Leaves blowing around, and piles of leaves everywhere, either for aesthetic purposes or for the purposes of making new pathways, or covering up overworld items.
    Winter: Like how it is now, create new snowy paths, add ice to areas, and have random Hailstorms on routes and in cities.
    -Seasons could give us new clothes for one. As for the effects you added, the fact that they don't effect battles is ridiculous. I mean come on, its a season for a reason, to add some spice. Get with the times gamefreak!

One last note: If any Gym Leaders get changed, I foresee it being that Iris takes over in Opelucid, and Drayden becomes Champion, or a member of the Elite Four.
    Nah, flip Iris and Drayden in their respective games, and switch Lenora with Bhurgh. That's Enough.

Twist mountain can be more cohesive due to the full extent of the mining, and perhaps it could change in the layout.
    BLAH

It is so difficult to speculate anything at the moment... The only thing we can expect for now are the small things we've seen happen in previous generations, such as...

- New sprite animations for Pokemon...
    - Animated Sprites for important trainers such as Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champions etc... Or maybe animated sprites for even basic trainer classes (which would be new)...
    - Improved VS banners (maybe animated)
    - Cities and Towns changed slightly...
    - Gym and Elite Four room design changes...
    - Gym Leader + Elite Four team changes...
    - Gym Leader rematches...

On another note, remember what Cynthia said about the gathering of Champions, what can we expect to happen based on this? would they really put all the champions together? and for what reason?

So, we won't be getting news until the 14th of April? Christ, I hope they'll leak out early, or at least before my Australian insiders can get their hands on the game.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

I really don't understand why they didn't reveil anything but box covers and another art of the 2 Kyurems a few weeks ago

To keep as much about the games a mystery as they can, of course. They want to drum up interest.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I really don't understand why they didn't reveil anything but box covers and another art of the 2 Kyurems a few weeks ago
    It's Japan. We always get the most info about the games last.

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol
    So, we won't be getting news until the 14th of April? Christ, I hope they'll leak out early, or at least before my Australian insiders can get their hands on the game.
    It should be worth the wait. That's all I can see. But if they do leak some news before that time, expect some more CoroCoro images. And not much at that.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Maybe the characters will look different? At least slightly different? Well, its a thought.

Page 93 of 400 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast