Page 2 of 362 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

I'm hoping and praying for the return of your Pokemon following you, I don't know why but I loved it in Heart Gold and Soul silver. Gym leader re-matches is a must too, I love going back and dominating gym leaders all over again, and of course the Unova Battle Frontier to make it's debut.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I'll just quote Cynthia:

"Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"

If they don't put this in BW2, I'm gonna be MAD!
    This is really interesting. Is it certainly going to go along the lines of the other games and not like the spin offs? For all we know, we could be playing as the "pokemon champion" doing weird pokemon champion stuff.

I think I'd most like what they did with Silver/Gold to Red/Blue to happen, because nothing was more beautiful than finishing the game to go back to Kanto.

If it does remake Black/White I don't want the gap between re-battling the leagues pokemon to be so big again, that was just nasty.

The only gameplay thing I'm really hoping for is the walking with pokemon from HGSS. This feature is basically the sole reason why HGSS>BW to me. If they just make it optional, I really don't see a problem with returning them. Does anyone know any reason why NOT? I can't find any!

Edit: Gym leader rematches has to be easier then in HGSS, not sure if it's even possible in BW?

I personally want:

- Pokemon Following You [with an option to turn off - and GF to never take it out again]

- The ability to customize your trainer somehow.

- The Global Trade Centre finally upgrading to cease the upload of impossible levelled Pokemon.

- Rebattle Gym Leaders

- Black City [at least] being full [and useful] - not relying on me meeting other players to do so...

That all said, I have a horrible feeling that the Events for the 3 Unobtainables will only be released for said games. :/

-New gym challenges, kinda like what they did for Platinum. Perhaps even change the leaders.
    -The 5 stations which are non-existant in BW should be included and become frontier locations. Much better to spread em out through the region

-Sages and the Triad should be battled.
    -Second unlikely region hopefully.
    BLAH

I for one think:

~Move Tutors. I have been waiting for some time for these to come around, and hopefully they'll let you teach Tailwind to Tornadus/Thundurus. That, and my Pokemon want some special moves...Superpower Mienshao anyone?
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

More variety before the first gym. Even if it's just pidove. Grinding on patrats and lillipups was just torturous, not to mention having no one half decent to back up your starter. Would like some other pokemon to be obtainable earlier as well like pawnard, rufflet Ect

Friend Safari: FAIRY
    Mawile, Deddenne and Clefairy

Always up for a BATTLE

Just to add from my last post, I'd like the GTS to be finally fixed. You know like people not asking for Pokemon that can't be Obtained like the level 9-Under Reshirams/Zekroms I'd also Like At least a graphic Improvement. It only on the DS so I'm not expecting much.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

One thing I loved about Black and white was the cool cutscenes, especially when you capture the mascot. That was so awesome and i absolutely want a cutscene for this Kyurem fusion!

I would also want:
    The pokemon following you
    VS seeker
    Gym Leader rematches
    a fight with N or other NPC's like Hilbert/hilda
    cool kyurem encounter music
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

I'm expecting new rivals and a new playable character as well. I think we should have more triple battles in the game too because if I'm not mistaken we only had one in B/W and it was optional, so maybe the Striaton Gym could be one if they're still gym leaders. I'm also expecting Zorua/Zoroark to be obtained easier in this game maybe by an egg or something. Oh and Hilda/Hilbert as the champion or maybe Cheren I don't know.

you guys are going to have to get a 3DS sometime the next game will probably be for it.
    Last edited by JD; 26th February 2012 at 2:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Ugh, why isn't this on 3DS?

Considering it's claiming to be Black and White 2, I'm kinda expecting a new story, as opposed to the old one but slightly buffed. At the least I want to know what happened to the sages, N and the shadow triad.

It would also be nice if they altered the region to be less linear, perhaps they could give you access to the right side before the elite four and add a whole new area for post game.

I'd really like to find pre5th gen pokemon in the wild, since johto managed with a regional dex of 250, and also we could have more support for using DW abilities during the story.

One thing, I hope they don't mess with the version exclusives. I'm going to get the opposite version to what I've got now, with the expectation I'll get Reshiram and Tornadus.

I'd like a DW expansion, so we can finally find 5th gen pokemon with DW abilities.

However, since it's not on the 3DS (argh) I don't think we'll be getting any major graphical update... Please tell me they're not going to insist on putting the entire 5th gen on DS.

Edit: Also I've got a nasty feeling they're still going to release Grey. Kyurem still looks completely unfinished.
    No offence, but not all of us can afford 3DSs. I would love Gen V to stay on DS so I can actually play it!

I agree that I would like pre-Elite Four gameplay to be less linear. Apart from the first two, is there a single city pre-elite 4 that doesn't have a gym?

I like the idea of making the east playable early on and then having a separate area to explore after the Elite 4.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Personall, I'd like to see these games not be a sequel, just a glorified version of the original. Then the sequel can come when the ruby/sapphire remakes come out. The storyline could be something cool like N went to Hoenn or something, and you have to fight N, Magma and Aqua.
    Anyway, I'd love to see pokemon following you, (though I doubt it will happen) and more trainer rematches, especially gym leaders. With the arenas and gym leader rematches, training would be a snap.

A lot of improvements have already been mentioned, I won't repeat them.

Even though it's an nds game, it'd be good if it got special features if you play it on 3ds. Example: Cut-scenes in 3d if played on the 3ds. Even better would be battles, or the whole game in 3d, but I doubt that that would be made because it's primarily an nds game. (But it would also be unfortunate because I have a European 3ds and would therefore have to wait for the game to be released in Europe to use the 3d features. It would still be playable on my nds lite though.)

Because the giant chasm probably will be important for the story and it's likely that the story will be after BW1 (how much time is unclear), it's possible that we will travel counter-clockwise. We would reach giant chasm before the e4 and the time difference could be big enough for the gyms to be relocated, or replaced by other gyms. The west side would be post-e4. It doesn't seem likely, but it would be a way of making the sequel less alike BW1.

They say that N went to a "faraway land". I'm thinking Hoenn. It would account for the RS remakes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelovver View Post
    Hm...I was thinking...since this is going to be sequel..doesnt this mean the story actually continious? I mean will the events of this game take place after those of pokemon BW 1?
    And if yes is there a chance to transfer your old save data from Bw to this one?
    Wouldnt this be awesome?
    This might be possible. Hopefully it is. I would really like to see a new character desighn. Like you are thr child of hilda/herbert. Also, gamefreak, bring back the ****ing tutors and vs seeker

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

I'm hoping for in lieu of move tutors, some changes to the TMs. TMs can't be traded, meaning they have no excuse as to why they can't just change which move a TM teaches mid-generation. Crap like Incinerate and Quash would be replaced by the elemental punches, and so forth.

Also, any of you ever notice that when a Shiny Pokémon escapes a thrown ball, it doesn't sparkle again like in Generation IV? I'm hoping that gets fixed.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    I'm hoping for in lieu of move tutors, some changes to the TMs. TMs can't be traded, meaning they have no excuse as to why they can't just change which move a TM teaches mid-generation. Crap like Incinerate and Quash would be replaced by the elemental punches, and so forth.

Also, any of you ever notice that when a Shiny Pokémon escapes a thrown ball, it doesn't sparkle again like in Generation IV? I'm hoping that gets fixed.
    Sleep talk needs to become a TM again.

Because not everyone actually owns the system and Nintendo would probably benefit more by releasing it on a system that most people actually own rather than one that only about a half portion of Pokemon Players don't have /can't afford.
    There are 3D features if you have the 3DS though.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I'd like to see Pokemon following you again. Also, I'm hoping they have a way to transfer over pokedex data. Transferring hundreds of Pokemon each game is getting annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkardnoir View Post
    I'd like to see Pokemon following you again. Also, I'm hoping they have a way to transfer over pokedex data. Transferring hundreds of Pokemon each game is getting annoying.
    I would love for pokemon to follow you again. The pokedex data doesn't really have worried. You can easily catch all the Unova Pokemon and any other pokemon there, Like in HG/SS they could have ways for you to get previous gen starters, and if there is a region branching off from Unova it could have a ton of pokemon from other generations so it wouldn't be too many pokemon.

~

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    There's no need for it to sparkle again, it just takes more time. You already know it's shiny anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Because not everyone actually owns the system and Nintendo would probably benefit more by releasing it on a system that most people actually own rather than one that only about a half portion of Pokemon Players don't have /can't afford.
    Not really. It would be a system seller, no question, and the 3DS has been selling fantastically lately. The bigger reason would be that it's much faster to develop a game using an engine you already have than it is to start over again.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I would assume that it's because of the fact that they would have to completely rework the game, while with Black and White 2 you can just use the same engine as Black and White. It's disappointing, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Uh, no there aren't. As far as I know the only mention of the 3DS in regards to BW2 was that you can play them on it.
    AS:

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Uh, no there aren't. As far as I know the only mention of the 3DS in regards to BW2 was that you can play them on it.
    It's possible they may have 3DS features, but considering we know nothing about them besides what they're called we can't say for sure.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Lightbulb 3ds

I really wanted to see these games on the 3DS too, with updated 3D graphics etc. But if Nintendo/GameFreak release the games on DS then they have the potential to reach a larger target audience, which would equate to more sales, and the 3DS kind of had a rocky start, so I think it was a safe option to develop for a console which already has sturdy foundations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Even though it's an nds game, it'd be good if it got special features if you play it on 3ds. Example: Cut-scenes in 3d if played on the 3ds. Even better would be battles, or the whole game in 3d, but I doubt that that would be made because it's primarily an nds game. (But it would also be unfortunate because I have a European 3ds and would therefore have to wait for the game to be released in Europe to use the 3d features. It would still be playable on my nds lite though.)
    You can't have a game thats compatible for both the 3DS and the DS and isn't just a DS game. The only chance for this is a 3DS game and a DS game, like HM:To2T. Anyways, those things you talked about wouldn't sell, the 3D effect on the 3DS isn't as important as advertised. Its more of a gimmick. I'm not derating the 3DS; it has a lot of other great stuff, but the 3D isn't worth ten extra bucks.

|Pokemon Parodies|Newest Parody:"The Dog Who is Staying"|

Spoiler:

Page 2 of 362 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast