Page 3 of 362 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Running with the possibility (which I consider unlikely) that BW2 are set after BW, and that saves might be transferable, here's an idea. Early in BW2, you meet the BW1 protagonist near the Pokemon DayCare. He says his Pokemon had an egg, but he has too many Pokemon so he wants you to take care of it. He then says he can't remember which of his Pokemon had it - and you get the option to connect to a BW1 game and pick two Pokemon in it to make the egg!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz14456 View Post
    You can't have a game thats compatible for both the 3DS and the DS and isn't just a DS game. The only chance for this is a 3DS game and a DS game, like HM:To2T. Anyways, those things you talked about wouldn't sell, the 3D effect on the 3DS isn't as important as advertised. Its more of a gimmick. I'm not derating the 3DS; it has a lot of other great stuff, but the 3D isn't worth ten extra bucks.
    The game will be released almost 18 months after the 3ds was released, so it would be possible to make it primarily an nds game but having a bit of code in it that reacts to a 3ds. It probably wouldn't make it sell more, but all games have features that isn't important for advertising.

Should be for the 3DS. I would have rather waited longer for a well-made 3DS game than a game that will be limited to DS features.
    SAPH

Quote Originally Posted by cantab View Post
    Running with the possibility (which I consider unlikely) that BW2 are set after BW, and that saves might be transferable, here's an idea. Early in BW2, you meet the BW1 protagonist near the Pokemon DayCare. He says his Pokemon had an egg, but he has too many Pokemon so he wants you to take care of it. He then says he can't remember which of his Pokemon had it - and you get the option to connect to a BW1 game and pick two Pokemon in it to make the egg!
    The problem is you'd require another DS to do that, and I doubt they'd implement a one time feature requiring a second system.

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    Should be for the 3DS. I would have rather waited longer for a well-made 3DS game than a game that will be limited to DS features.
    You'll get your well-made 3DS game, that's why this game is being released. To give us something while we wait.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Hopefully we'll be encountering wild Pokemon from previous gens earlier in this game than in B/W.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Vs seeker
    Gym rematches
    Move pool changes(snivy needs work badly)
    Tutors
    New trainers
    New areas
    Plasma admins

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Vs seeker
    Gym rematches
    Move pool changes(snivy needs work badly)
    Tutors
    New trainers
    New areas
    Plasma admins
    All of those are a must.

Vs. Seeker and gym rematches the most. The Nimbasa stadiums are getting kinda old.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Hopefully we'll be encountering wild Pokemon from previous gens earlier in this game than in B/W.
    I wouldn't mind this, however, the reason that their are no previous generation Pokémon prior to after the battle with N is to highlight how isolated and distant Unova is from the rest of the Pokémon regions.

I hope there are more areas to explore and the trainers have more pokemon. It would be nice if there were new version exclusives as well.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Because not everyone actually owns the system and Nintendo would probably benefit more by releasing it on a system that most people actually own rather than one that only about a half portion of Pokemon Players don't have /can't afford.
    There are 3D features if you have the 3DS though.
    Source for the 3D features?

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    There are 3D features if you have the 3DS though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeohopeSTF View Post
    Source for the 3D features?
    It was talked about that the games would have extended features if played on the DSi or 3DS, that probably means that the games will be able to connect to password protected routers and that the interior camera will probably be used for video conferencing with friends again.

Hay guys.
    You know how the game's logos are red and blue? What if the games take place in Hoen, but with a completely different storyline? The ending to BW had a bit of a cliffhanger, and it would explain why there are two versions. Then again, I could be completely wrong :P

Anyway, I'm just going to list the things that I think may be added
    VS Seeker (Because it's one of the most useful items)
    Deeper storyline (The "third" games always improve it greatly)
    More trainers (We never have enough trainers to battle :P)
    Battle Fronteer (Following the 3rd game pattern)
    More gen 1-4 Pokemon (To add to the variety. Maybe a way to get past starters?)
    A purpose to dive (Because it's not that useful right now)

Quote Originally Posted by Bayleafqween View Post
    Hay guys.
    You know how the game's logos are red and blue? What if the games take place in Hoen, but with a completely different storyline? The ending to BW had a bit of a cliffhanger, and it would explain why there are two versions. Then again, I could be completely wrong :P
    The game won't take place in Hoenn. It'll take place in Unova or another, completely new region(even that I highly doubt).

More gen 1-4 Pokemon (To add to the variety. Maybe a way to get past starters?)
    A purpose to dive (Because it's not that useful right now)
    I don't want Gen 1-4 Pokemon during the main storyline but I would like new areas postgame since the old pokemon were quite crowded into western unova.
    And Dive will probably just be used to further explain the legend of Unova.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    And Dive will probably just be used to further explain the legend of Unova.
    I hope Dive is used more than just looking at some ruins.
    Kick butt - eat sandwich. :3

*I have claimed Muk! All stench belongs to me!*

Emerald:
    HG:
    White:

I have finally encountered and caught a shiny Pokémon after 12 years of playing! I caught a shiny Chinchou while Underwater Sootopolis City on the 3rd of June, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Icy Meteor View Post
    It was talked about that the games would have extended features if played on the DSi or 3DS, that probably means that the games will be able to connect to password protected routers and that the interior camera will probably be used for video conferencing with friends again.
    When was any of this said? The only reference to the 3DS the main site says is that the games are playable on it, there was no mention of updated features.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    When was any of this said? The only reference to the 3DS the main site says is that the games are playable on it, there was no mention of updated features.
    Those features were on the orginal.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeSauce117 View Post
    I hope Dive is used more than just looking at some ruins.
    Dear god, I don't. While going underwater is cool and all, I don't want to have to waste the HM on one of my team members, or frequently have to get out an HM slave

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    The video conferencing and password protected router connection was just an assumption on my behalf since Black and White had these features.
    Here's the sources for DSi and 3DS enhanced features. When mentioning 3DS it's most likely that they are stating that any DSi enhanced features the game has the 3DS will have too.
    Source 1|Source 2

I would very much like to see the following additions:

VS Seeker
    Gym rematches
    Better post-game content
    Better daily/weekly events
    Updated routes and pokemon variety (pre and post)
    Not having to worry about Black City disappearing

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Dear god, I don't. While going underwater is cool and all, I don't want to have to waste the HM on one of my team members, or frequently have to get out an HM slave

Agreed. I'd much rather have a slightly expanded, but still isolated dive spot.
    +Beauty & Power Behind Every Corner+

Spoiler:- :

Wow, so much has been announced since I last got on the internet. Not just one new expansion, but TWO? ...Actually not that surprising when you think about it.

...Still... I wonder if they will have the battle frontier this time? If so, I can assumed it goes something like this. You go to Anville Town where the Train yard is. You notice there are five tunnels. I'll bet that those five tunnels take you to cool new battle facilities.

...Hey, it's a guess, but at least there's some clues backing the guess up.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Here's how I think Black 2 and White 2 are going to work:

~The game will primarily take place in Unova.
    ~The playable characters will be completely different people to be introduced; they may even introduce customizable characters for the first time but don't count on it.
    ~The story will be a continuation of Black/White's storyline, not a retelling.
    ~There will be a new subregion similar to Sevii, possibly south of Unova. You will start in one of its towns, but you will not be able to explore the subregion in its entirety until later in the game.
    ~After recieving your starter and Pokemon and Pokedex, you will take a ship to Castelia City and pursue the Unova gyms, but in a different order than in Black/White.
    ~The starter Pokemon will probably be the same ones as in Black/White. Maybe they'll get new forms to provide some originality--doubtful. Or maybe we'll get to choose from the monkeys; I highly doubt it, but this is what I would prefer, because I have always disliked the fact that the starters we get from the beginning of the game are some of the strongest Pokemon in the game. Were we were to get a weak Pokemon from the beginning like the monkeys, we would actually team-build throughout the game instead of just duke out our starter on everyone.
    ~The playable characters from Black/White will be NPCs involved with the story. The BW character who corresponds with your gender is likely to be the "ultimate" battle (similar to Red in GSC/HgSs) and will have Reshiram or Zekrom depending on your version (Reshiram if Black 2, Zekrom if White 2).
    ~The Kyurem you will catch in this game will be a fusion of a newly awakened Kyurem and N's dragon from your game's prequel. N will not have control of it and you will be able to capture it.
    ~There will be a fourth form of Kyurem that will essentially be the Tao trio combined (such a Pokemon is hinted-at in Black/White). It will require you to have the dragon of your game's prequel in your posession and it will be badass. Or maybe it will require you to have the Kyurem form opposite to your game's mascot. Either way, it will be done by GameFreak to give you incentive to buy the prequel for or the opposite version of your game if you haven't already.

Making sequels to Black/White instead of a third version is a brilliant franchise-milking technique. Scripting a new story will take a little more work than the normal third iteration, but they'll get over twice the amount of sales, while still being able to recycle the entire region and all the sprites, 3D models, music, and of course game engine. Plus, the fans will be much more pleased with a sequel than the would a third version. Brilliant move; I hope this is a pattern to be maintained in future generations of the franchise.
    Last edited by TWN; 26th February 2012 at 5:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post

...Still... I wonder if they will have the battle frontier this time? If so, I can assumed it goes something like this. You go to Anville Town where the Train yard is. You notice there are five tunnels. I'll bet that those five tunnels take you to cool new battle facilities.
    I don't think those are tunnels, those are train-garages (or whatever they're called)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Sleep talk needs to become a TM again.
    I wouldn't want that, Sleep Talk isn't useful main game wise. But then again we'll end up with move tutors so maybe some thing is gonna have Hypnosis or Yawn.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Not really. It would be a system seller, no question, and the 3DS has been selling fantastically lately. The bigger reason would be that it's much faster to develop a game using an engine you already have than it is to start over again.
    This. This is why I believe that this game will start in another region and then branch into Unova post-game; creating a new region at this point would be pretty easy, and so would copying & pasting a modified version of Unova in order to get people hyped up.

The reason to make new sequels over a third version at this point is because it'd result in more profit. The true new games have traditionally sold a lot more than the third versions, and at this point it'd be pretty easy to make new games on the DS since they know the engine inside and out.

And yes, these are definitely actual sequels; putting "2" in the titles and then having them just be literal remakes of the previous entries would be suicide.

Things I want:
    - Proper use of Dive. It was great in R/S/E, and I was really disappointed that you could barely do anything with it in B/W.
    - Pokemon following you around like HG/SS.
    - Battle Frontier, or at least a Battle Subway Frontier-ish (Random Pokemon Train, 1v1 Train, etc).
    - VS Seeker. The main story didn't really need one to be fair, but if you could get one far to the post game it would be nice.
    - The main touch screen should be like HG/SS, while the C-Gear should be inside a button, like the Pokegear. As someone who doesn't use the C-Gear much, it is rather annoying.
    - Move Tutors. And good ones.
    - The weight / height comparison that was i the HG/SS pokedex. It was a fun little feature.

Page 3 of 362 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast