Page 360 of 362 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362 LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

It would make the game interesting and even more "challenging".
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    True but, again, there's little opportunity or reason for them to do that most of the time

Unless all the trash trainers had their teams overhauled they wouldn't really need to switch. Their other Pokemon likely wouldn't be better off (unless they're an upper tier trainer who would switch if they had to anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    It would be cool but I feel like a mechanic like that would have it's flaws. Pretty bad ones @ that.

1.) They would probably switch-in for type match-ups which could potentially cause a switching loop/endless match if you then switch a counter in
    2.) AI predictions would probably be one step ahead of you @ all times and could potentially increase the hax % like in the battle subway

I feel like @ that point, Lv. would be your best advantage rather than type.

I don't believe I've ever had an AI switch on me in Gen V, actually. I've only seen upper-level DPPt AIs do it.

I have had the AI switch on me. I believe it was Shauntal to her Golurk (I was using Thunderbolt on her previous Pokemon).
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Speaking of which, they should've never forced the player to do a Musical in BW or a PWT match in BW2, either. :/
    There's nothing wrong with it, it simply is something to give the players and idea of what this new feature is like, then you get to choose whether you want to continue to do it or not. There's nothing wrong with spending a few minutes on a side feature that you wont ever have to look at again if you don't want to. Plus, I believe you only have to dress your Pokemon up for the Musical, just slap on a bow and finish in a second.

They just want people to decide on what they want to do by doing it at less once, you can look up the feature as much as you want but you can have a different experience once you actually do the thing.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I've definitively had an NPC switch a pokemon on me while playing on challenge mode. But I don't remember who, I just remember they switched to a Ground-immune pokemon after I used Earthquake once.

Beyond the Juggler class and a few Veterans here and there, only one other trainer has switched Pokemon on me in my Pokemon career

Leaf Green's Youngster Joey on the route above Cerulean
    I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW A YOUNGSTER HAD THE ABILITY TO SWITCH

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Beyond the Juggler class and a few Veterans here and there, only one other trainer has switched Pokemon on me in my Pokemon career

Leaf Green's Youngster Joey on the route above Cerulean
    I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW A YOUNGSTER HAD THE ABILITY TO SWITCH
    I had one of Elesa's trainers switch her Pokémon (no, it wasn't Volt Switch either).

Quote Originally Posted by Rikis View Post
    I've definitively had an NPC switch a pokemon on me while playing on challenge mode. But I don't remember who, I just remember they switched to a Ground-immune pokemon after I used Earthquake once.
    They automatically detect it if your Pokemon learned EQ through level. By TM, though, different story.
    I don't know for sure since I have White Version which of course has Easy Mode.
    What I think of this place:
        Spoiler:- It's troo:

I've had a lot of AIs switch on me but it was never to create mismatches. I never figured out why they switched into that Pokemon either because I OHKO'd it

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    You could technically say that about the PokéStar movie that you're forced to make, since it indirectly affects another sidequest later in the game (Join Avenue). The Musical, though, I don't believe there is an excuse for.
    I don't really have a problem with Pokestar Studios, but the Musical is just so boring and stupid. It doesn't really have the universal appeal that many other sidequests have. And I didn't like being forced to participate in any of the sidequests in BW2. All I want to do is get on with the story, if sidequests don't help me with that, I'd rather not dabble in them until later when I'm bored and having nothing better to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

But you aren't forced to be in the musical. If you want medals, then you'd have to be to have fans
    岩根雅明=♡

Musicals actually increase the number of Join Avenue fans you get, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    But you aren't forced to be in the musical. If you want medals, then you'd have to be to have fans
    You're forced to do the dress up, though. And that's more than I can handle, I want to stay as far away from the musicals as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You're forced to do the dress up, though. And that's more than I can handle, I want to stay as far away from the musicals as possible.
    It takes all of like
    2 minutes counting the speil he gives you

And I don't think you ever have to go into the Musical Hall, do you?

But... what if you reeeeaaaaallly want that Echoed Voice TM?!
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't really have a problem with Pokestar Studios, but the Musical is just so boring and stupid. It doesn't really have the universal appeal that many other sidequests have. And I didn't like being forced to participate in any of the sidequests in BW2. All I want to do is get on with the story, if sidequests don't help me with that, I'd rather not dabble in them until later when I'm bored and having nothing better to do.
    I honestly don't think there's any sort of feeling of accomplishment that I can get after doing a musical. At least with the PokéStar movies, I can say that I've finished them all and that that's a huge accomplishment, but not so much with the musicals.. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I grinded Musicals in White 1 to get all the props
    I was a lifeless husk by the end of it.

Has anyone else noticed that Pearls/Shards/Heart Scales regenerate ea. day on the beach/caves?

I just noticed this the other day. Was this concept implemented in BW1 and I just missed it?

I thought this was pretty neat.

Yes, it was present in BW1 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Yes, it was present in BW1 as well.
    I guess I just missed it then. I thought that was pretty cool though.

It gives you something to add to your daily routine within the game, which is a concept I enjoy

The challenge mode is pretty fun even though it can only be applied after the main game (in Black 2 anyway). It's satisfying to beat other trainers when you're 10 levels under (and reap the EXP boost to boot). I couldn't touch the GF trainers yet though, they're 70-ish while I'm only approaching 60.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

The more I play and switch between BW1/BW2, I notice that that BW2 is much more interactive w/ little details/nuances that give it so much more color (not literal color but more from a lively aspect.)

A good example of a very small detail is before you fight Iris in the E4. When she's sitting in the throne and she waits for you to approach her then you take your respective sides on the battle stage.

Another one is in Humilau City's gym. The puzzle w/ the lily pads. I just though it was neat the detail they paid attention to in the lily pad's movement and stuff.

I'm curious as to how many other people have gotten the random event at the Nacrene City cafe to occur for them.

Basically, if you talk to the changing customer on the lower floor, there's a random chance on a given day that they'll have a handkerchief that belongs to one of the other regulars, which you'll be asked to return to them, after which the customer who made the request will give you a Poke Toy (At least for the first time you complete it) when you talk to them the next time they show up.

I find it hard to believe that such a rare event would only have such a pitiful reward, as I've been checking the cafe every single day since I've had access to Nacrene City, and had it occur only one time so far.

Page 360 of 362 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362 LastLast