Page 101 of 362 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 9033

Thread: Gameplay Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

  1. #2501
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutaja1996 View Post
    I agree completely. But we were going to find out the release date eventually, so it's good that we have it now, right? (It's not even 100% confirmed to be the official release date so we shouldn't get into it too much.) I agree that gameplay is the important aspect here, but information is information no matter what it is.
    Not really. It doesn't answer any of the important questions we've been asking ourselves for the last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  2. #2502
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dangan Island
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    Not really. It doesn't answer any of the important questions we've been asking ourselves for the last month.
    Oh, whatever. I don't know why I bother with some people. I don't know about you, but I like to know when a game is coming out so I know when I will be able to play the game. Yes, the gameplay and other details are hugely important, but I view the release date as very important. That is my view.

    I think we will be getting some info soon, but the basic info such as names, box arts, cover stars, and release date is usually revealed first. So once we have that out of the way, we can start getting info that we actually want to know about. That was all I was trying to say.
    Omega Ruby

  3. #2503
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    I don't even know why they are getting so snappy. The game doesn't out stateside from another 5+ months, so this is all information still to me.

  4. #2504
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutaja1996 View Post
    Oh, whatever. I don't know why I bother with some people. I don't know about you, but I like to know when a game is coming out so I know when I will be able to play the game. Yes, the gameplay and other details are hugely important, but I view the release date as very important. That is my view.
    Well unless you're getting the Japanese version of the game this release date still means nothing. The vast majority of members here will be getting either the European or North American versions. When the release dates for those are revealed it would be considered important.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  5. #2505
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    First of all, many of the Pokemon in Kanto's Safari Zone were available in other places if you were patient. Scyther/Pinsir could be bought in the Game Corner. Chansey could be caught in Cerulean Cave in RBY. Exeggcute could be caught in Berry Forest in FRLG. Pretty much the only ones that were exclusive were Rhyhorn, Exeggcute (RBY only), Chansey (FRLG only), Kangaskhan, and Tauros. And the only ones of those that are rare and valuable really are Chansey and Tauros. Second, I personally found it annoying that they were put there, so this rush you're feeling is not something every other fan feels.
    If you refer to my post, I was only talking about Gen 1. So pointing out what appears in FRLG is sort of beside the point...

    And granted, although you could find some in other places, the Safari Zone was still your best bet for most. Chansey was still stupidly hard to find in Cerulean Cave, and only accessible post-game. Getting enough money for anything at the Game Corner back in Gen 1 was pretty hard, given that the only way of replenishing your money back then was rematching the Elite Four. And you pointed out yourself that there were still some Safari Zone-exclusive pokes, so my point about exclusivity still stands. Give people a Safari Zone that offers them something cool that they can't get elsewhere, and more will enjoy it. (or at the very least have a reason to do it to complete the dex)

    And I'm aware that not every fan gets a rush from finding rare pokes in one special section of the region, but I was stating *my* feelings on the matter.

    ... I hope CoroCoro leaks soon. This waiting is making me antsy :/
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  6. #2506
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    479

    Default

    My thinking is that BW2 will feature and item that you can transfer to the 6th generation games and obtain a certain pokemon. So those people who can see the game code will be for the look out for anything like that.

  7. #2507
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,635

    Default

    We shouldn't expect any corocoro leaks now for today should we... hopefully we get the first leak tomorrow...

  8. #2508
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    just a thought. people have said that it may be unplayable without the first black and white. maybe it could be like how sonic the hedgehog had the game sonic and knuckles and you could put another sonic game in that cartridge? (yeah odd explaination xD) but i mean the action replay works that way as i recall it, so maybe it will have another cartridge jack on its cartridge for you to put your black and white into to sync pokemon? or have a continuation of the story? and if u dont have one then it will have a diffirent standard story introduction. seems unlikely but i wud find that neat.

  9. #2509
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllThatRemains426 View Post
    just a thought. people have said that it may be unplayable without the first black and white. maybe it could be like how sonic the hedgehog had the game sonic and knuckles and you could put another sonic game in that cartridge? (yeah odd explaination xD) but i mean the action replay works that way as i recall it, so maybe it will have another cartridge jack on its cartridge for you to put your black and white into to sync pokemon? or have a continuation of the story? and if u dont have one then it will have a diffirent standard story introduction. seems unlikely but i wud find that neat.
    No... That just sounds silly and un-professional if you ask me...

  10. #2510
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Auburn, AL
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllThatRemains426 View Post
    just a thought. people have said that it may be unplayable without the first black and white. maybe it could be like how sonic the hedgehog had the game sonic and knuckles and you could put another sonic game in that cartridge? (yeah odd explaination xD) but i mean the action replay works that way as i recall it, so maybe it will have another cartridge jack on its cartridge for you to put your black and white into to sync pokemon? or have a continuation of the story? and if u dont have one then it will have a diffirent standard story introduction. seems unlikely but i wud find that neat.
    My Arceus, that just might work...

  11. #2511
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    No... That just sounds silly and un-professional if you ask me...
    well i mean it does, BUT sonic the hedgehog was a great success for it.

  12. #2512
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dangan Island
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well unless you're getting the Japanese version of the game this release date still means nothing. The vast majority of members here will be getting either the European or North American versions. When the release dates for those are revealed it would be considered important.
    I am getting the Japanese versions, making the release date important to me, like I previously stated.
    Omega Ruby

  13. #2513
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllThatRemains426 View Post
    just a thought. people have said that it may be unplayable without the first black and white. maybe it could be like how sonic the hedgehog had the game sonic and knuckles and you could put another sonic game in that cartridge? (yeah odd explaination xD) but i mean the action replay works that way as i recall it, so maybe it will have another cartridge jack on its cartridge for you to put your black and white into to sync pokemon? or have a continuation of the story? and if u dont have one then it will have a diffirent standard story introduction. seems unlikely but i wud find that neat.
    I doubt they would put that much unneeded effort into developing the games, but I'll admit, I would find that cool
    PM or VM me for more trade info

  14. #2514
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutaja1996 View Post
    I am getting the Japanese versions, making the release date important to me, like I previously stated.
    Yes, so you're in the minority. You should understand why almost nobody else cares.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #2515
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    If you refer to my post, I was only talking about Gen 1. So pointing out what appears in FRLG is sort of beside the point...

    And granted, although you could find some in other places, the Safari Zone was still your best bet for most. Chansey was still stupidly hard to find in Cerulean Cave, and only accessible post-game.
    It took me ages to catch the rarer Pokemon in the Safari Zone to the point where I'd rather have caught Chansey in Cerulean Cave. Although that's probably because for the longest time, I got the effects of Bait and Rocks mixed up and inadvertently made it harder for me to catch stuff (it seriously makes no sense, though. You'd think throwing food at them would make them less likely to run away. IDK, the whole system is convoluted to the point where it's easy to get confused about which does what).

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Getting enough money for anything at the Game Corner back in Gen 1 was pretty hard, given that the only way of replenishing your money back then was rematching the Elite Four.
    I could buy Scyther/Pinsir by the time I got to Celadon, it's not that bad. Porygon's the only one that's hard to get, 9999 coins was stupidly hard to get back then.

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    And you pointed out yourself that there were still some Safari Zone-exclusive pokes, so my point about exclusivity still stands. Give people a Safari Zone that offers them something cool that they can't get elsewhere, and more will enjoy it. (or at the very least have a reason to do it to complete the dex)
    Guess what? They do the same thing in every other Safari Zone. Hoenn's may not have had anything new, but it was chock full of some rarer, older ones like Pikachu and Heracross. Sinnoh had Skorupi, Croagunk, and Toxicroak. Johto's was limited the first time you visit, but there was still some neat Johto Pokemon you could get there that in the originals were only available
    in Kanto (IIRC Misdreavus, Murkrow, Grimer, Larvitar, and Cubone). Kanto's Safari Zone isn't as special as you're making it out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #2516
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well unless you're getting the Japanese version of the game this release date still means nothing. The vast majority of members here will be getting either the European or North American versions. When the release dates for those are revealed it would be considered important.
    What no love for the Australian? ;p

    Quote Originally Posted by AllThatRemains426 View Post
    well i mean it does, BUT sonic the hedgehog was a great success for it.
    That was completely different.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  17. #2517
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    We shouldn't expect any corocoro leaks now for today should we... hopefully we get the first leak tomorrow...
    It's best not to buy into the hype so much. In some ways people expected so much out out this generation but in the end were kind of disappointed. I will wait until I can get more information instead of reacting by seeing just some scans.

  18. #2518
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass View Post
    It's best not to buy into the hype so much. In some ways people expected so much out out this generation but in the end were kind of disappointed. I will wait until I can get more information instead of reacting by seeing just some scans.
    Yes but it is not just about the excitement for these games.. I'm excited about the scans because it may end up answering some of our questions and it will allow us to talk about actual confirmed info...

  19. #2519
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    I like the minigame
    What I want is a reward for doing well in it. The score is just there and you never get anything based on your performance. At least some berries or something.
    I had a similar idea way back, except it was for the safari zone. The safari zone would have an awards system, with points awarded for the amount you caught and the rarity of what you caught.

    It would go like:
    "Wow you caught a Larvitar! 20 points!
    Oh, you caught a Magikarp! 1 point.

    Th total amount of pokemon you caught was 2, so you get 2 more points! This means you got a grand total of 23 points!

    We hope to see you again. Have a nice day!"

    And you'd be able to spend these points on stuff like evolution stones and berries, and maybe the TMs the sages give you in BW (that is, if the battle frontier isn't using them along with the Subway's).
    I lost my DSi with my Black version in it.
    3DS FC: 0774-4658-6515 If you wanna' swap, tell me on my profile page.

    I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Click the link to learn more.

  20. #2520
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    I had a similar idea way back, except it was for the safari zone. The safari zone would have an awards system, with points awarded for the amount you caught and the rarity of what you caught.

    It would go like:
    "Wow you caught a Larvitar! 20 points!
    Oh, you caught a Magikarp! 1 point.

    Th total amount of pokemon you caught was 2, so you get 2 more points! This means you got a grand total of 23 points!

    We hope to see you again. Have a nice day!"

    And you'd be able to spend these points on stuff like evolution stones and berries, and maybe the TMs the sages give you in BW (that is, if the battle frontier isn't using them along with the Subway's).
    I would love this B]
    PM or VM me for more trade info

  21. #2521
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    I had a similar idea way back, except it was for the safari zone. The safari zone would have an awards system, with points awarded for the amount you caught and the rarity of what you caught.

    It would go like:
    "Wow you caught a Larvitar! 20 points!
    Oh, you caught a Magikarp! 1 point.

    Th total amount of pokemon you caught was 2, so you get 2 more points! This means you got a grand total of 23 points!

    We hope to see you again. Have a nice day!"

    And you'd be able to spend these points on stuff like evolution stones and berries, and maybe the TMs the sages give you in BW (that is, if the battle frontier isn't using them along with the Subway's).
    People will still complain about the bait/rock system.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  22. #2522
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wasarym View Post
    I had a similar idea way back, except it was for the safari zone. The safari zone would have an awards system, with points awarded for the amount you caught and the rarity of what you caught.

    It would go like:
    "Wow you caught a Larvitar! 20 points!
    Oh, you caught a Magikarp! 1 point.

    Th total amount of pokemon you caught was 2, so you get 2 more points! This means you got a grand total of 23 points!

    We hope to see you again. Have a nice day!"

    And you'd be able to spend these points on stuff like evolution stones and berries, and maybe the TMs the sages give you in BW (that is, if the battle frontier isn't using them along with the Subway's).
    This just makes the safari zone more obnoxious. YOu still want the rare Pokemon, but they are the most annoying to find. And it requires just filling your boxes with a lot of repeats for the purpose of grinding points.

    THough on the other hand I do kind of like the point system idea. Maybe have things in addition to capturing points like "Get to this hard to reach spot! Do this thing! Fish x times!"
    also the rewards had better be compartively cheap unlike CERTAIN OTHER PRIZE VENUES (looking at you pokethlon)

  23. #2523
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Giant Chasm
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    THough on the other hand I do kind of like the point system idea. Maybe have things in addition to capturing points like "Get to this hard to reach spot! Do this thing! Fish x times!"
    also the rewards had better be compartively cheap unlike CERTAIN OTHER PRIZE VENUES (looking at you pokethlon)
    I really like this idea! But damn, you threw shade at the PokéAthlon

  24. #2524
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    People will still complain about the bait/rock system.
    people complain about this? It never really bothered me much. It made me feel more accomplished when I finally caught that Taurus or Chansey...
    PM or VM me for more trade info

  25. #2525
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    The bait and rock system never worked. They would flee as soon as you throw bait which was supposed to make them stay longer. I liked how you could tell what nature the Pokemon had in Rse safari zone with the use of poke blocks.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 101 of 362 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •